View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You can squash that rumour,won't happen. RIM is moving because of Blackberry 10!
    That's NOT a rumor, he said it out of his mouth !!! If he's thinking and looking around and feels okay at this price that will be the support. BUY BUY BUY BUY !!
    01-24-13 12:07 PM
    Perfect!
    So now the shorts have couple things to worry bout, firstly Blackberry 10, that should be enough to have them running for the hills and now they have a potential Leveno co-branding/partnership deal that WILL NOT require prior notice via SEC, so as to better whack the shorts upside the head before they see it coming. Oh boy, the perfect storm!

I can't remember the exact details. But the jest is that if a company wants to purchase over certain % amount of common stock, they have to notify SEC ahead of time.
    Partnerships are not the same thing. SEC is only involved if it involves the markets.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 12:14 PM
    What is RIM going to announce on January 30th? Everyone who has used it loves BB10 and now people are talking.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 12:16 PM
    Let me clarify, I don't buy into an out right sale, too many hurdles, too many security questions and security goodwill gone poof.

A deal of some sort that leaves out security, yes that could happen.

That's NOT a rumor, he said it out of his mouth !!! If he's thinking and looking around and feels okay at this price that will be the support. BUY BUY BUY BUY !!
    Geeoff and zyben like this.
    01-24-13 12:17 PM
    Another positive ...
    Canadian Tech Analysts Share their Top Picks for 2013

Tom Astle, Byron Capital Markets
    Research in Motion (TSX:RIM)

ASTLE: Two of our large cap names have very crucial product launches in 2013 � RIM with BB10 and Bombardier with the C-Series. A tough choice, but we have chosen to go with RIM as our top pick as we see more certainty and potential leverage here � albeit with significant risk for a large cap name. In early November we launched with a BUY strictly on the basis that the stock, at that time, was trading at a significant discount to tangible book value and that its new BB10 product was getting good initial reviews and that as this product launch materialized the sentiment would allow the name to return to book value. This happened, and now the ride higher is more dependent on potential earnings power � but if we use what we think are some reasonable assumptions we can see $1.50 in EPS in C2014, which we think could lift the stock another 20% � 25%.
    01-24-13 12:17 PM
    China, India, Asia, Africa, South America ... wherever low-end devices and smoother security constraints are the norm for general consumers ...
    These devices don't even have to be branded RIM nor Blackberry ... they could just be "compatible" and branded (silly example) "Lenovo Cherry" ... and ... boom.
    As long as it isn't "Levono Remon"
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-24-13 12:18 PM
    Lots of resistance around $18
    01-24-13 12:20 PM
    What is RIM going to announce on January 30th? Everyone who has used it loves BB10 and now people are talking.
    Easy, video gateway (to go with the music gateway) and with the BBworld music and video sections, Bam! you got BBTV!

Woot! Woot!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-24-13 12:21 PM
    Is that what the hand held remote is for?

Easy, video gateway (to go with the music gateway) and with the BBworld music and video sections, Bam! you got BBTV!

Woot! Woot!
    01-24-13 12:31 PM
    Perfect!
    So now the shorts have couple things to worry bout, firstly Blackberry 10, that should be enough to have them running for the hills and now they have a potential Leveno co-branding/partnership deal that WILL NOT require prior notice via SEC, so as to better whack the shorts upside the head before they see it coming. Oh boy, the perfect storm!
    Exactly...it is turning into it!! Fate...cunning...perfect well executed management plan???? I'm running with all.
    01-24-13 12:38 PM
    This thing with Lenovo completely messed with my predictions for the day Now I'm just holding on for dear life...
    01-24-13 12:47 PM

Goosebumps, almost choked up, excited, props to Thor & Team, never fall in love with a stock but how the he|| can you not with this come back in the making.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-24-13 at 01:35 PM.
    01-24-13 01:06 PM
    Anthony Scaramucci discusses BlackBerry 10 and RIMM, among other things, from Davos. Although I'm not a fan of his and his ilk, as a fund of funds manager he carriers a lot of clout within the hedge fund community. Very positive:

The Hottest Trades From Davos - CNBC
    01-24-13 01:16 PM
    OK.. what was that at 3:58??? Hummmmm
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 01:25 PM
    Anthony Scaramucci discusses BlackBerry 10 and RIMM, among other things, from Davos. Although I'm not a fan of his and his ilk, as a fund of funds manager he carriers a lot of clout within the hedge fund community. Very positive:

The Hottest Trades From Davos - CNBC
    "The phone is fascinating" ... says much of it !
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 01:28 PM
    Stay calm ... from a (1yr old) BlackBerry "what the future COULD be" video series ... I'll try to find it back.

Edit : ooopss ... maybe you should get excited, finaly ? (no, I'm just kidding ... but ... those vids have disappeared from the interwebz ... whooo-oooo lol)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 01:29 PM
    Stuff,lol. Oh, stuff with RIM patents btw.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 01:41 PM
    Stay calm ... from a (1yr old) BlackBerry "what the future COULD be" video series ... I'll try to find it back.

Edit : ooopss ... maybe you should get excited, finaly ? (no, I'm just kidding ... but ... those vids have disappeared from the interwebz ... whooo-oooo lol)
    Might be something over at TAT still.
    01-24-13 01:43 PM

And yes RIM owns TAT
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-24-13 01:56 PM
    video
    Glad you found it ! So many BBconcepts inside ...
    01-24-13 02:02 PM
    Glad you found it ! So many BBconcepts inside ...
    It's amazing, if only 1/2 came about I would be over the moon and then some,lol.

That's why on a regular basis I keep and eye on patents files.

Still want to know what that hand held remote is for,lol.
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-24-13 02:03 PM
    100M+ shares traded in NASDAQ (~ 2x daily volume)
    16M+ in TSX (~ 2x daily volume)
    Is this short-squeeze? For a short-squeeze, the price increase in stock is very modest. I thought Short Squeeze would increase price by several dollars!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-24-13 02:12 PM
    100M+ shares traded in NASDAQ (~ 2x daily volume)
    16M+ in TSX (~ 2x daily volume)
    Is this short-squeeze? For a short-squeeze, the price increase in stock is very modest. I thought Short Squeeze would increase price by several dollars!
    Another 10 million + have traded on the Alpha exchange.
    01-24-13 02:15 PM
    tomorrow is the day we crack $19/share on the TSX
    01-24-13 02:16 PM
    tomorrow is the day we crack $19/share on the TSX
    Why?
    01-24-13 02:18 PM
113,256 ... 103104105106107 ...