View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Day trading is pretty much a fool's errand. I have seen studies and the facts are that (round #'s) 80% lose money, another 10% lose money after you net their expenses, trading fees, subscriptions (newsletters and such), software/technology etc. Out of the remaining 10%, half of those (5%) make less than the job they gave up to day trade. Of the remaining 5%, 3% are mildly successful and 2% are wildly successful and make more than $1M a year. Remember, even if they are "winning" the short term capital gains rate can be brutal, so they really have to "win" to be a net winner. Moral of the story: keep your day job and play the lottery (or BBRY) .
    BThunderW, bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    02-28-13 10:10 AM
    Day trading is pretty much a fool's errand. I have seen studies and the facts are that (round #'s) 80% lose money, another 10% lose money after you net their expenses, trading fees, subscriptions (newsletters and such), software/technology etc. Out of the remaining 10%, half of those (5%) make less than the job they gave up to day trade. Of the remaining 5%, 3% are mildly successful and 2% are wildly successful and make more than $1M a year. Remember, even if they are "winning" the short term capital gains rate can be brutal, so they really have to "win" to be a net winner. Moral of the story: keep your day job and play the lottery (or BBRY) .
    So in other words -kind of like being an app developer for a mobile platform
    OMGitworks and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-28-13 10:18 AM
    02-28-13 10:31 AM

Great, but I still wish I knew if that 1/3 meant 200,000 or 500,000 or more. I am sure they will beat the 300,000 figure and that they number will be closer to a Million, but BBRY's refusal to even hint at a real number is beginning to worry me. But hey, that's me. How great would it be for BBRY to put out a press release, this afternoon, that "We are proud to announce that today we have sold our 1,000,000th Z10."
    02-28-13 10:38 AM
    Great, but I still wish I knew if that 1/3 meant 200,000 or 500,000 or more. I am sure they will beat the 300,000 figure and that they number will be closer to a Million, but BBRY's refusal to even hint at a real number is beginning to worry me. But hey, that's me. How great would it be for BBRY to put out a press release, this afternoon, that "We are proud to announce that today we have sold our 1,000,000th Z10."
    Or at least provide us with Gravol until ER.
    spike12 and morganplus8 like this.
    02-28-13 10:41 AM
    Meh...all part of the game, the analysts would just raise the targets so better to outperform against low expectations, my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Tech Consultant likes this.
    02-28-13 10:45 AM
    Meh...all part of the game
    Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off the culture of drugs...
    Omar Little: Just like you, man.
    Maurice 'Maury' Levy: Excuse me? What?
    Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?
    02-28-13 11:10 AM
    not sure if this is posted, but quite a positive news i would say.

BlackBerry playing game of capitalism gloriously: Terence Corcoran | FP Comment | Financial Post
    02-28-13 11:21 AM
    Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off the culture of drugs...
    Omar Little: Just like you, man.
    Maurice 'Maury' Levy: Excuse me? What?
    Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?
    LOL...yeah I guess.
    02-28-13 11:25 AM
    I'm expecting if they pre announce they're waiting for the quarter to close. Possibly Thu or Fri next week if it's going to happen at all.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-28-13 11:25 AM
    I really hope they don't release any details until the end of March.
    02-28-13 11:31 AM
    Wow, I go off to a meeting for a few hours and look that the shares! It went up .75 cents in a few hours! Woot woot!!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-28-13 11:43 AM
    I'm guessing you want to use the time from now until then to buy more?
    02-28-13 11:47 AM
    I'm guessing you want to use the time from now until then to buy more?
    That was the plan but they've not gone as low as I was hoping...oh well, perhaps I got too greedy.
    02-28-13 11:54 AM
    That was the plan but they've not gone as low as I was hoping...oh well, perhaps I got too greedy.
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking about doing the same. That is, next time it hits close to $14, get out and assume the fluctuations that occur with BBRY might take it back down to $13. I don't know if I'm willing to take the risk associated with that though. I'm just way more accustomed to just buying and holding.
    02-28-13 11:59 AM
    The price is rising on low volume.

The bears are probably thinking, "hmmmm maybe this isn't such a good stock to short"

The bulls are probably thinking, "hmmm I learned from earlier in the month. Gonna wait to buy after it drops down lower again".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-28-13 11:59 AM
    Somehow as crazy as this ride is and how manipulated this stock is to a certain extend. i like the suspense as it almost seems like we know where this is heading but lets just play along for a bit and see how these crazy analysts can come up with.

evantually if not all, they will all sing the same fat lady song..
    02-28-13 12:08 PM
    This a really cool app I came across last night for the Z10. It's called feather duster. It's AMAZING for judging public sentiment on a product or to gauge trends on twitter.

For those of you with Z10's and invested in BBRY, I'd recommend downloading it. You could also do things like "BBRY" with connections to the words "bullish" or "bearish" and etc.

I believe it may be available on the PlayBook as well.
    zyben and Lehomer like this.
    02-28-13 12:08 PM
    Ironically, I just finished watching that series last week on DVD. Possibly the best drama series ever.
    joe.miller and MoolahMitch like this.
    02-28-13 12:17 PM
    Ironically, I just finished watching that series last week on DVD. Possibly the best drama series ever.
    Is it on Netflix?
    02-28-13 12:23 PM
    <omar>Indeed.</omar>

I think Omar is one of the best written characters on TV, ever. And even for as much critical acclaim The Wire got, it's still incredibly underrated.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    02-28-13 12:26 PM
    Is it on Netflix?
    I'm in Canada, so.... probably not.
    02-28-13 12:26 PM
    Is it on Netflix?
    No, because HBO doesn't seem to like taking people's money. They'd rather have it be easier for people to pirate their products than get them legitimately.
    02-28-13 12:29 PM
    This a really cool app I came across last night for the Z10. It's called feather duster. It's AMAZING for judging public sentiment on a product or to gauge trends on twitter.

http://i.imgur.com/LNht6YA.png

For those of you with Z10's and invested in BBRY, I'd recommend downloading it. You could also do things like "BBRY" with connections to the words "bullish" or "bearish" and etc.

I believe it may be available on the PlayBook as well.
    Can't find it on playbook.
    02-28-13 12:34 PM
    No, because HBO doesn't seem to like taking people's money. They'd rather have it be easier for people to pirate their products than get them legitimately.
    They prob make enough on the tv subscriptions so they don't mind.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-28-13 12:34 PM
113,256 ... 273274275276277 ...