View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BB increased pre-launch production from 500,000 to 2 million. it was reported numerous times.
    so, is heins saying they've increased production again from 2 million to 3 or 4 million, or was he just refering to the initial increase from 500,000 to 2 million?
    02-24-13 10:24 PM
    Increasing production capacity still doesn't tell us much. I'm assuming they had an initial production run of 500K. This matches with analysts estimates of 300K-500K sold. Now they would be increasing the production capacity for a second wave launch including the US market. A shorter initial production run might explain why there was seemingly sell outs and not enough supply.
    Dec 2012 was rumored to be 500K units

January was estimated at 1-2 million

At this point, even if the Jan rumor was wrong, they still had 1 million made by end of January.

February = ?????

March .... more than February
    02-24-13 10:28 PM
    Increasing production capacity still doesn't tell us much. I'm assuming they had an initial production run of 500K. This matches with analysts estimates of 300K-500K sold. Now they would be increasing the production capacity for a second wave launch including the US market. A shorter initial production run might explain why there was seemingly sell outs and not enough supply.
    This is the second hike in production. They had announced back in December that they went from 500k/month up to 1-2m/month. I don't believe that, come the ER, the numbers revealed will be anything less than 1 million.
    02-24-13 10:31 PM
    when does Q4 2013 end? march 2nd to be reported on march 28th?
    02-24-13 10:43 PM
    Let me just say this: It is my gut feeling based on my knowledge of channel checks that we are looking at millions of devices shipped (sell-in) for Q4 earnings.

Dec 2012 was rumored to be 500K units

January was estimated at 1-2 million

At this point, even if the Jan rumor was wrong, they still had 1 million made by end of January.

February = ?????

March .... more than February
    02-24-13 10:45 PM
    I went to walmart today they had 3 in stock so just imagine multiple stores around the world carring 1-2 phones in stock minimum make more than half million shipped..shipped meanings sold per gaap guidelnes
    02-24-13 10:56 PM
    What's more important is not the actual sales number but the number of active subscribers. If the number of subscribers stays at 79M it means that pretty much only existing users upgraded to the Z10 and any new users simply offset lost subs. If we have in fact increased number of subs, then this will be much bigger news than actual number of phones sold. This would mean that people are in fact returning to Blackberry.
    02-24-13 11:03 PM
    This is the second hike in production. They had announced back in December that they went from 500k/month up to 1-2m/month. I don't believe that, come the ER, the numbers revealed will be anything less than 1 million.
    As long as "they" are an "analyst":
    Analyst: Production On Blackberry 10 Devices hit 1-2 Million A Month | techwrapza's Blog
    02-24-13 11:06 PM
    Better stay over $13!
    plane6065 and lcjr like this.
    02-24-13 11:07 PM
    Let me just say this: It is my gut feeling based on my knowledge of channel checks that we are looking at millions of devices shipped (sell-in) for Q4 earnings.
    I think the 300,000 number is beyond idiotic. I think we are definitely over 500K and probably closer to 1 million.

I hope it is 1+ million but I don't want ot get my hopes up. 800K would be good from everything I have read.

the big problem is that we don't know if any of those manufactured phones are sitting in USA warehouses.
    02-24-13 11:08 PM
    Better stay over $13!
    Better not. I hope it tanks on Monday so I can buy call options.
    02-24-13 11:09 PM
    I Just checked bestbuy.ca and thesource.ca and both are sold out on all models for all Carriers. At thesource, i changed to 200km of Vancouver and still says sold out. In my head, i tell myself its impossible that they have stock shortage. They had way too much time for planning and production. I think the demand is extremely high...Way higher than what was anticipated given how stable the OS is. BB10 is becoming the next cool thing, i truly believe that. With gaming with a control pad hooked up with the hdmi stand on the horizon, new bb10 playbook, BBm voice/video, 4 more phones coming including a possible 4" inch + phone, i think things are looking in BBRY's favor, and we will all be surprised at the next ER. I personally think we will sell more than 1 million for the Feb Quarter for sure.
    Just to add to this: im the living proof of this trend, coming from an iphone 4s, the z10 is just in another league...
    Went to walmart in Surrey, BC here and they had 3 in stock + demo. Now imagine that stocking 1-3 units around the world per store requires not thousdans but possibly more than a miillion made..they probably made 2 mil so far and now BB is trying distribute them from Vancouver to Malasia, singapore..not easy task..

Side note, Over 5000 BES server installs in India and increasing so we are talking more than million phones just for enterprise clients within next 6 months..
    Last edited by BBNation; 02-25-13 at 12:07 AM.
    02-24-13 11:18 PM
    Increasing production but that could very well include Legacy OS no?
    02-25-13 01:20 AM
    Good to hear some positive news from TH, more countries being launch, whatapps,BB10 on playbook, but seeing news about Samsung new S4 release March 14th and their push to get a large piece of the business sector . Competition is fierce. i wish BB could have released in the us same as Canada to get a early jump.

From cnet, " The South Korean consumer electronics giant unveiled Knox, an additional layer of security software that will run as part of its SAFE (Samsung for Enterprise) initiative. Samsung is considering embedding Knox into Samsung's next flagship smartphone".

I am sure BB still has a step ahead of Samsung in that market, but they must work hard and keep pushing to keep existing customers and get new ones too. Good luck!
    Last edited by plane6065; 02-25-13 at 01:47 AM.
    02-25-13 01:27 AM
    I think the 300,000 number is beyond idiotic. I think we are definitely over 500K and probably closer to 1 million.

I hope it is 1+ million but I don't want ot get my hopes up. 800K would be good from everything I have read.

the big problem is that we don't know if any of those manufactured phones are sitting in USA warehouses.
    Agreed. Let's not get our hopes up to much. 300K is absolutely ridiculous. My bet is more conservative at about 500K - 600K.
    02-25-13 02:39 AM
    This came from the BlackBerry Experience Forum thread - "In UK BB10 launch selling more than galaxy s3 did at its launch. Over 30% in the UK coming from another platform."

I dug around to see if I could find what sales the Galaxy S3 did in the UK after launch. This could give us an idea of how much the Z10 sold with the caveat that they didn't mention how long the post-launch period they were comparing was.

The Galaxy S3 had 18% share in the first week of June (phone launched on May 29). I think smartphone sales would have been around 500k per week then, so the Galaxy S3 would have moved around 90,000 units during that week.

Source: Samsung Galaxy S3 hits Iphone sales in the UK- The Inquirer
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-13 03:46 AM
    hey guys just saw this in my trading account news section. I am also seeing the bid at 13.51 so hopefully this will give us a green day.

EDIT: Point of this post is that the market news did see thors interview in germany as discussed in another thread :P

BlackBerry 10 sales faster-than-expected -CEO in paper2 hours ago by Thomson Reuters

FRANKFURT, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Sales of BlackBerry's make-or-break line of smartphones are running faster than expected, and the company has increased production too keep up, its chief executive said in a newspaper.

BlackBerry does not want to publish sales figures for the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, launched last month, until it has observed the trend in sales a bit longer, Thorsten Heins told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung in an interview.

"We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious," Heins said, adding that he was checking the sales figures every day.

"The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we've increased our production capacity in the meantime," Heins added.

The company, which changed its name from Research In Motion when it launched the BB10, pioneered on-the-go email before losing ground to nimbler rivals with faster devices.

Despite a number of glowing reviews for the BB10 and reports of strong initial sales, some analysts and technology pundits have been sceptical about BlackBerry's chances of mounting a comeback, doubting its ability to sell enough smartphones.
    02-25-13 05:42 AM
    $13.90 in PM
    02-25-13 06:54 AM
    not sure what to take from pre market, Frankfurt is showing 3.64% up.. thats a good sign.... we need to get over 14 today, desperately

edit: Frankfurt 10.46 euro, with the currency today eurusd 1.3316 this takes it to 13.92usd
    02-25-13 07:00 AM
    And here we go for another ohhhhh-ahhhhh week
    Remember, "we" do not day trade; don't get too excited, don't panic.
    IMHO general signal we can collect (see T.H statements above) are pointing in favor of a bullish situation regarding BB10 sales performance. I'm still long, maybe try to grab some shares if there's a dip.

Also remember: do not invest anything you cannot afford to lose 100%, don't pretend you can trick the market, fix your goals and limits, then stick to it.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-25-13 07:19 AM
    PM is a good start. Look at a 6 month or 1 year chart. BBRY spends precious few days between 12-14, so my belief is that we are either going over $14 or below $12 very soon, hopefully the former. As SF writes, stay clam, you would expect a bounce after a tough week, but it is likely to be volatile no matter what and one decent day or one terrible day does not a trend make.... Its goign to be an interesting ride either way.
    bungaboy and s0be like this.
    02-25-13 07:25 AM
    Nooooooo! Drive it down to single digits! I have $80,000 to spend and I like round numbers so $8.00 is my target.
    02-25-13 07:58 AM
    Good for you.

Buy calls instead.
    Nooooooo! Drive it down to single digits! I have $80,000 to spend and I like round numbers so $8.00 is my target.
    02-25-13 08:01 AM
    Yeah, I may have to.
    02-25-13 08:14 AM
    Is that me or pre-market volume is pretty big (while stock pretty stable +3.x %) ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    02-25-13 08:27 AM
113,251 ... 248249250251252 ...