1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    big boys appear to be accumulating and covering for move up. Nice and slow
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 12:51 PM
    I'm going to be honest here guys, I've stopped drinking the BBRY koolaid and this is my suggestion.

For anyone who wants true investing advice on BBRY, this thread will just let you sip the koolaid even more. You're on a blackberry forum specifically talking about the z10. Of course everyone is going to be sipping the koolaid together and will be completely bias. Any negativity is usually shot down instantly because simply you guys have fell in love with the stock (BBRY). This is usually bad investing practice as it can burn you pretty bad, just like it burned me.

My 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt. Happy investing!

*note, i still hold an empty bag of BBRY calls and still believe in the company, but will not be playing any short term plays since theres no news and nothing to substantially move this stock anymore. hype is gone.*
    It would help if you could provide some data or logics to back up your suggestions.
    02-22-13 12:56 PM
    The worst part is that people are not rational... BB10 is literally the best phone out there. Doesn't matter. If you ever have worked or no someone who has worked at a phone carrier, customers a lot of the time will come in with a set phone in mind and there is no way you can convince them otherwise...

As long as this stock stays abouve 13, I'll feel OK... I'm just waiting for next month to see what really happens. Either going to sell and take my losses or hold on and watch it rise.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 01:00 PM
    I'm going to be honest here guys, I've stopped drinking the BBRY koolaid and this is my suggestion.

For anyone who wants true investing advice on BBRY, this thread will just let you sip the koolaid even more. You're on a blackberry forum specifically talking about the z10. Of course everyone is going to be sipping the koolaid together and will be completely bias. Any negativity is usually shot down instantly because simply you guys have fell in love with the stock (BBRY). This is usually bad investing practice as it can burn you pretty bad, just like it burned me.

*note, i still hold an empty bag of BBRY calls and still believe in the company, but will not be playing any short term plays since theres no news and nothing to substantially move this stock anymore. hype is gone.*
    Only 9 pages ago, you might have read this. Got the general feeling ? [we tend to repeat this red advices as often as possible, on different tunes, but always the same warning theme]
    Ok, here we go have a nice session, bring some pop corn, avoid coffee and Coke

(as a reminder for new comers)
    Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose 100%.
    The main position here is long (2-5+ years).
    We are fans and we may have some bias.
    Always rely on your research and knowledge before investing, all comments made in this thread
    are personal experience testimonies or pedagogic explanation, in no case an advice to invest or to trade.
    A little harsh to come and play the super-duper-hero after 6K+ posts and 240+ pages and pretend we're koolaid dispensers.
    Some of us are here for two years ... and you believe we talk about HTF ?
    Please, relax. We're clowns, but ... in the kingdom of clowns, kings are hilarious, not suspicious.
    zyben, Marc_Paradise and bungaboy like this.
    02-22-13 01:11 PM
    Back to topic. So we broke "the morganplus8" $13.35 low resistance for a short while ... Not sure what it means; comments ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    02-22-13 01:17 PM
    At this relatively low volume of trading do you think there is any meaning at all? Could it be just general malaise about BBRY?
    02-22-13 01:24 PM
    the thread is titles: I SUPPORT BB, and i buy shares.
    not;
    I am impartial to BB and think i can make a quick buck trading their stock.

most of us here have a longer vision of where this will be in 3-6-12 months from now. this is why most didn't sell at the recent highs. because they are not here for a quick buck. they are here for the long run.
    ( hindsight being 20/20, sure we wish we sold at the highs and bought back in low, but oh well )

so for you to come here and troll ( that's what you're doing. looking to get a reaction and nothing more ) while it's down a little is a reflection of your character.
    Please go and find the definition of a troll since you obviously don't know the meaning. I bought RIMM stock when it was at $10, so I bought in before all this hype. I'm here to help the community see through another perspective, and to keep everyone straight headed. It seems like I hit a soft spot with you since you're the only one so vocal about my posts.

Investing is about making money, short or long term. You obviously have a much narrow definition of the word investing if you think that only means long term profit.
    02-22-13 01:25 PM
    It would help if you could provide some data or logics to back up your suggestions.
    The data is in front of you. Look at the charts. BBRY has gone downhil since Feb 8 (which is about the time Canada had the Z10 release). Ever since the launch, we had no concrete news or sale #s.
    02-22-13 01:30 PM
    Most of us strong hands have positions that are two years out, typically OTM calls. These daily shifts are nothing but entertainment.

I agree there are definitely a few suicide jacks in this deck but those are the exception not the rule.

Posted via CB10
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-22-13 01:32 PM
    Only 9 pages ago, you might have read this. Got the general feeling ? [we tend to repeat this red advices as often as possible, on different tunes, but always the same warning theme]
    A little harsh to come and play the super-duper-hero after 6K+ posts and 240+ pages and pretend we're koolaid dispensers.
    Some of us are here for two years ... and you believe we talk about HTF ?
    Please, relax. We're clowns, but ... in the kingdom of clowns, kings are hilarious, not suspicious.
    Don't take my posts so harsh, but I've got the feeling everyone is playing everyone to just keep waiting....and waiting and I see the same people hoping this stock closes green (which means they do care about the short term performance of the stock). For those "investing", then a few red days means nothing.

I'm just reminding people to take a look at this situation realistically....cause it seems any green day we get ppl think there is going to be a huge short squeeze and will hit $20. The term short squeeze was so thrown around a few weeks ago I had to remind people what the word actually meant......if you recall those posts and yes, we were in the $16-18 range.

Like I said, I still own a few thousand in call options so I probably have a good amount of stake in this doing well just like most of you here, or maybe more. I'm just trying to share my experience with falling in love with a stock, which was my original point since we are on a blackberry forum, so it is expected (like it or not).

Anyways, carry on and I hope the best for BBRY. Sometimes it takes a few posts like mine for ppl to swallow the truth and realize this stock won't be going anywhere until real news hits. If you think the opposite, I strongly suggest you look at the charts more. No news and we move down or sideways. But that just means a better buying opportunity for those value investors, like myself. I'm personally waiting for a big red day and loading up the truck.
    02-22-13 01:34 PM
    Most of us strong hands have positions that are two years out, typically OTM calls. These daily shifts are nothing but entertainment.

I agree there are definitely a few suicide jacks in this deck but those are the exception not the rule.

Posted via CB10
    I'm also looking at Jan 2014 or even 2015 calls. I'm waiting on a big red day to load up on them.
    02-22-13 01:38 PM
    duck,

I intend on doing some jan 2015 calls at the 35 strike if they get below 90 cents.
    02-22-13 01:45 PM
    The worst part is that people are not rational... BB10 is literally the best phone out there. Doesn't matter. If you ever have worked or no someone who has worked at a phone carrier, customers a lot of the time will come in with a set phone in mind and there is no way you can convince them otherwise...

As long as this stock stays abouve 13, I'll feel OK... I'm just waiting for next month to see what really happens. Either going to sell and take my losses or hold on and watch it rise.
    Nooo! Don't take a loss man, if there's no way out before things happen or not happen to the stock market (see prior posts), just let it ride until things get better. Maybe it's June-July or maybe it's June-July 2014. If you can, just let it ride until you're in the green. If you have to have it, then by all means, make a move at the most opportune time.
    02-22-13 01:46 PM
    duck,

I intend on doing some jan 2015 calls at the 35 strike if they get below 90 cents.
    I'm not sure if you remember my comment on those same ones, and I was hoping it was $1 a week ago but now I think I can wait a little longer and maybe jump on it as well, 85 cents....I remember it dipping below $1 at one point but forgot when and it was in the 95 cent range.

I might get the 2014 leap calls as well, they are pretty cheap now too.
    02-22-13 01:58 PM
    02-22-13 02:09 PM
    negative news needs to be addressed too. DuckJai is spot on. Can't be too biased in here
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 02:14 PM
    The data is in front of you. Look at the charts. BBRY has gone downhil since Feb 8 (which is about the time Canada had the Z10 release). Ever since the launch, we had no concrete news or sale #s.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    I still don't understand. So you're saying that because the stock has declined past 14 days on no news, we should sell?
    When started buying RIMM around $6s/share (now my average is around $9), it was in decline couple years prior.
    02-22-13 02:17 PM
    I still don't understand. So you're saying that because the stock has declined past 14 days on no news, we should sell?
    When started buying RIMM around $6s/share (now my average is around $9), it was in decline couple years prior.
    No, I do not give advice on selling or buying. I'm just stating that this stock is not going to move up on no news (see the past 2 weeks). I'm just simply letting people have realistic expectations of this stock by looking at its recent past performance. You as the investor have to make that call on whether you hold, buy or sell.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 02:20 PM
    couple years prior, yes definitely sell on the decline......
    02-22-13 02:27 PM

RIMM wore out a lot of users with the 9900. Too many problems and people did not have time to mess with them, they needed a phone. BBRY will have to EARN it's way back into the hearts of the individual user. Corporation have learned they can do without BB so BB needs to convince them to come back. This will be a fight but I think BB can do it if they can get these devices delivered on this side of the pond!
    02-22-13 02:28 PM
    last 30 mins, lets go in the green!!!!! lol lol
    02-22-13 02:29 PM
    No, I do not give advice on selling or buying. I'm just stating that this stock is not going to move up on no news (see the past 2 weeks). I'm just simply letting people have realistic expectations of this stock by looking at its recent past performance.
    OK, I must have misunderstood your original post. I did not see that statement anywhere in your original post and I interpreted the post as an expression of your opinion that people here are brainwashed and are not seeing the reality that you were seeing. Am I wrong about that? I am not trying to argue anything here, just trying to understand.

02-22-13 02:30 PM
    why are you still here?
    this is for those who believe and invested.
    not for those who just want to be debbie downers.
    Sorry but we can't have just sweet stuff here. These people are investing real money and people are coming here to figure out what they are going to do! This is no sure thing no matter how hard you beat BBRY's drum. There has to be a "mix" in these posts as this is NO rose garden!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 02-22-13 at 02:47 PM.
    duckJAI and jhill396 like this.
    02-22-13 02:32 PM
    I just had a flashback to when every second person was saying RIM is the next Nortel. I haven't heard that one lately though. Have people changed there mind or did they just get sick of saying it?
    02-22-13 02:38 PM
    Sorry but we can't have just sweet stuff here. These people are investing real money and people are coming here to figure out what they are going to do! This is no sure thing no matter how hard you beat BBRY's drum. There has to be a "mix" in these posts as this is not rose garden!
    Great, now you tell me. I have this giant jug of kool-aide sitting here now...
    02-22-13 02:42 PM
113,251 ... 241242243244245 ...