Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    NASDAQ is at $13.89 after hours.
    02-21-13 04:06 PM
    @ Superfly_FR: Question, is the original poll you started this thread with still active? Meaning, I was wondering how many voted "no" on if they are investing but have since changed their mind and are supporting. I don't think you can vote twice? Again, awesome thread!!
    In did. You can only vote once and we started pretty low (I guess abt 45% yes) and stayed under 50% for over a year. If you rewind the thread, you'll find some posts where I made some chart snapshots abt that.
    Thanks for the "awesome"comment... credit goes to all the smart people posting here.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:00 PM
    Well what do ya know.... we're in the green...
    Green is great!!!
    Green is cool!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:02 PM
    I just finnished reading another negative artical but I gotta tell ya I've noticed a big difference. After reading this artical I found myself wanting to puchase even more shares. I hope this stock doesn't blow its top before the end of next week because I have more funds coming my way and I want to add more to my portfolio. Read this artical and let me know if you feel the same way.

BlackBerry Shows No Signs Of A Turnaround - Seeking Alpha
    02-21-13 05:06 PM
    I just finnished reading another negative artical but I gotta tell ya I've noticed a big difference. After reading this artical I found myself wanting to puchase even more shares. I hope this stock doesn't blow its top before the end of next week because I have more funds coming my way and I want to add more to my portfolio. Read this artical and let me know if you feel the same way.

I feel you on that one. I have some extra cash (is there such a thing?) but the wife would really be upset if I put it into this. Otherwise, I'd be sinking everything I could into this so my profits would be greater later on. Oh well, it is what it is. 120 shares is my limit for now...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-21-13 05:21 PM

I stopped reading those stealing alpha especially a few selective writer. Skimming the first few paragraph and immediately I smell an article written by someone who provide no facts, complete bias article. :thumbdown:
    s0be likes this.
    02-21-13 05:21 PM
    02-21-13 05:54 PM
    I feel you on that one. I have some extra cash (is there such a thing?) but the wife would really be upset if I put it into this. Otherwise, I'd be sinking everything I could into this so my profits would be greater later on. Oh well, it is what it is. 120 shares is my limit for now...
    I understand your revenge tinted feeling but sink everything can't be anything I will agree with. Listen to her and remember THE rule : NEVER invest more than you can afford to lose 100%. Do not gamble, the system may crunch you in a breathe.
    A very aggressive move would be to invest 15% of your available cash. NOT a dime MORE. We are the weaks: if we forget that we would be either pretentious or - more probably - walking to death.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 06:27 PM
    (cont) glad you have a limit of 120. Sorry, I replied too fast!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    02-21-13 06:30 PM
    Interesting comments by Marvell:

(Reuters) - Chipmaker Marvell Technology Group Ltd forecast results this quarter largely above analysts' expectations as it gained market share in hard-disk drive and flash storage businesses, sending its shares up 5 percent in trading after the bell.

Marvell, whose chips are used for reading and writing data on hard-disk drives, said it expected adjusted profit of 14 cents, plus or minus 2 cents, per share on revenue of $700 million to $740 million in the first quarter.

Analysts on average were expecting a profit of 13 cents per share on revenue of $710.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Marvell's forecast is in contrast with its rival LSI Corp, which last month forecast current-quarter revenue from continuing operations below analysts' estimates.

Santa Clara, California-based Marvell's shares were trading at $9.90 after closing at $9.47 on the Nasdaq on Thursday.

The company's major customers Western Digital Corp and Seagate Technology Plc last month posted results above analysts estimates.

Marvell's interim Chief Financial Officer Brad Feller said on a conference call with analysts that the company would benefit from the new Blackberry 10 smartphone, which uses Marvell chips.

The company, which makes communications and processor products used in mobile phones, said its results were helped by a "North American mobile customer" during the fourth quarter.

The company's net income fell to $50 million, or 9 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended February 2 from $81 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.

Excluding items, the company earned 19 cents per share.

Revenue rose 4 percent to $775 million.

Interesting comments by Marvell Technology

Analysts were expecting a profit of 13 cents per share on revenue of $720.9 million.

(Reporting by Neha Alawadhi in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)

Marvell Technology's upbeat forecast boosts shares - Yahoo! Finance
    Superfly_FR, s0be and Bugmapper like this.
    02-21-13 06:40 PM
    I understand your revenge tinted feeling but sink everything can't be anything I will agree with. Listen to her and remember THE rule : NEVER invest more than you can afford to lose 100%. Do not gamble, the system may crunch you in a breathe.
    A very aggressive move would be to invest 15% of your available cash. NOT a dime MORE. We are the weaks: if we forget that we would be either pretentious or - more probably - walking to death.

Posted via CB10
    I'm investing quite aggressively. But each person has their own risk tolerance. IMO, the younger you are, the higher your risk should be. No mortgage, no wife, no kids, etc..

In other lame news:

Native Instagram App Is Not Coming to BlackBerry 10 – AllThingsD

Ha, then you laugh when you see the top comment...

Positives

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/24...programme.aspx
    DragonFlyer, fedakd, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    02-21-13 06:54 PM
    Instagram is for people who can't get bbm on their mobile computing device.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-21-13 07:17 PM
    I stopped reading those stealing alpha especially a few selective writer. Skimming the first few paragraph and immediately I smell an article written by someone who provide no facts, complete bias article. :thumbdown:
    Ditto. Been a Seeking Alpha subscriber for a month or so and this blis comes to me via e-mail numerous times per day. So I got smart and covered up my "delete" key with a " Kiss my ***" sticker. Makes me feel much better.....and I rant less.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 07:23 PM
    What another ride today. I was pretty sure it be positive but didnt thing until it would be until the end. More negative news with analysts and reports that Mall of America is moving over from BBto Nokia. So what happens? After hour Nasdaq is up $0.08 cents. What do we expect Friday? Higher gains at the start of the day , and a sharp downward decline? We need some positive news to neutralize the bad ones .
    02-21-13 10:24 PM
    Hearing wind of a massive U.S stock market crash come sometime between March and April. Stay alert my friends
    02-21-13 10:28 PM
    just wait on the prophet. he'll know...lol
    02-21-13 10:44 PM
    Hearing wind of a massive U.S stock market crash come sometime between March and April. Stay alert my friends
    Finally found something undervalued (besides BBRY) to invest in. Order in but I want a 10% pullback before I pull the trigger. Clue: Alan Fournier
    02-21-13 10:51 PM
    Finally found something undervalued (besides BBRY) to invest in. Order in but I want a 10% pullback before I pull the trigger. Clue: Alan Fournier
    Some French company? Or maybe Bombardier from a French-majority part of Canada?
    02-21-13 11:00 PM
    Nah!! If you're talking about the pending Sequester in your country, it isn't going to happen.....the "massive stock market crash" that is. Might be a momentary blip but it'll bounce back 'cause everyone outside of Washington (and I mean worldwide) is sick and tired of the political shenanigans that have gone on between your Democrats and Republicans. It's a joke, more like watching a comedy show at times. Americans and the rest of the world aren't going to condone nor fall for this ridiculous behaviour anymore. As Kudlow stated this evening (and following up on investor sentiment expressed by CNBC guests earlier in the day), this ain't going to be a chicken little "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" reaction from the markets this time around. The Sequester will come and go until Washington and the doomsday media moguls (CNBC included of course) come up with yet another BS "cliff" of some sort. My .02 worth.
    02-21-13 11:20 PM
    RT @TomKewley: Toronto Bell store employee says that 75% of their sales in past few weeks have been Blackberries. bb10believe $BBRY...User ID:http://twitter.com/ThomasKDN/User IP:
    02-21-13 11:26 PM
    02-21-13 11:29 PM
    Major bank doubles valuation of Blackberry patents following publication of The US Patent 100 - Blog - IAM magazine

Patents matter

IBM investing in Mobile. remember IBM previously tried already to acquire RIMM.
    Makes perfect sense for IBM to pay up to $40/share.
    To get the foot in the mobile space with BB's successful OS, enterprise customers, goverment contracts, IBM kinda hardware quality, patents, only company that can compete with Apple, Google.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...hnologies.html
    Last edited by BBNation; 02-21-13 at 11:56 PM.
    La Emperor likes this.
    02-21-13 11:45 PM
    02-21-13 11:49 PM
    02-22-13 01:18 AM
    ALL stocks will plummet quite significantly on the 1st or 2nd of March, so if you want to buy then and risk the impending doom be my guest, but then again it's all speculation with some educated observations in there. Too risky for me, pulling out on the 28th and playing the waiting game.
    02-22-13 01:19 AM
113,250 ... 236237238239240 ...