View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Morganplus8 - did you redraw your support line today? When I looked at your previous chart I thought the stock might have a little bit to go lower, the new chart a little less so but there is potential to see 12 before it bases no? If you are averaging down no trouble you can continue to do so I would be careful on a close below 11.50 those numbers are close enough to keep an eye on here no?

As always I like coming by and reading this, I don't always have time during the day to keep up on the activity of the stock during the day when my market gets moving, but I get the play by play catch up no less than ESPN here for stocks.

Keep the faith guys
    Hi randall2580!

The first chart I drew today, had a low of $ 14.06/shr at that time, my last one is of course the end of the day. I have a 42 inch monitor and can do some decent charts on that but I was in a hurry to buy some more BBRY towards the close and slapped together a chart as fast as I could. Having said that, the lower uptrend line is clearly beginning to follow the 50-dma now and let's face it, the 50-dma is the premier support line at this time. We could see something just below the 50-dma as they try to push it through that milestone but it is nowhere near the $ 12.00/shr mark and you can bet that any future rallies in the stock will be muted if it ever breaks below that uptrend line. When a stock falls below its trend line, it is now a recovery stock where everyone that has ever owned it wants out on the rallies thus limiting its upside potential.

The area you talk about, the $ 11.50 to $ 12.00 area, is really support for the RSI as it would be reading 70 plus at that level and grossly over-sold. The problem we would have would be the destruction of the chart dating back to the Sept Double Bottom!!! If we lose that, we are going to trade sideways for months to come. One thing I should mention is that if we break below support or the 50-dma in this case, it has to confirm the trend change, that means it has to stay below the 50-dma for 3 or more days. To pop below it by Friday and then regain it on Tuesday means the trend is still up.

Here is the area you are talking about, it is clearly outside the boundaries:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-feb-13d-2013-chart.jpg

In the past, we have dropped back to the uptrend line and bounced off it quickly, but a lot has changed this time around and I believe it is because our support occurs at much higher levels and is harder to justify. At the beginning of the rally it is easy to get a crowd to buy the stock but now we are much higher and hoping the company will do enough to get analysts to raise their targets. This is a dangerous game as we are relying on others to help the stock along. On top of all of this, the traders are heavily short the stock preventing it from going to crazy levels. They are now in control of the stock as there is no threat of news at the moment. I would like to see it stay within this channel for a month or so, see how the USA does on the launch and go from there. That would take us over $ 20.00/shr.. Will it happen? We'll know more tomorrow, but I have to say, it is ripe for a pop here back to $ 17.00/shr.

Sorry if my message is confusing at times, I pump these charts out quickly and get back to my trading. I really just want everyone to see that the stock is following a well defined trend here and we need to keep it intact. Good luck!
    Tom689, abass, randall2580 and 4 others like this.
    02-13-13 05:44 PM
    From another thread:

source:
    Is Blackberry back in the race? | YouGov - BrandIndex

EDIT: OK, that chart tells you what people's general perception is for the given brands

Blackberry, iPhone, and Galaxy were measured with YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score, which asks “If you've heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?

Interesting graph

Attachment 135786
    02-13-13 05:59 PM
    Positive sentiment and positive reviews will drive more customers to BlackBerry 10. That will drive stock price up and up.

So, what can RIM/BlackBerry do? I think the BEST thing BlackBerry can do is LISTEN to user feedback from early adopters, reviewers and haters of Z10. Address all these reported issues, feature requests in an OS update. BlackBerry Z10 is a phenomenal device. If BlackBerry simply listened to feedback here (some constructive, some rants) and implemented it, it'd start getting rave reviews from existing BB users. BB users also tend to counter negative articles based on lies by leaving great comments and leaving correct information as comments.

Right now, existing BlackBerry users are happy with Z10 but they could be happier! BB People are missing (craving for) a bunch of features from BlackBerry 7 era. So, they (including myself) come on CrackBerry and post our feedback and frustrations. If BlackBerry just listened and prioritized these reported issues, it will start generating a lot of positive sentiment, rave reviews. Early adopters will start focusing on how AWESOME this device is (instead of nitpicking ..I am missing features x, y, and z from BB 7 to BB 10). If BlackBerry does this BEFORE USA launch in next few weeks, I think we will start seeing a swell of support for BlackBerry 10 from existing users, reviewers and haters will have to shut-up!

That's the key. Shorts and manipulators will manipulate. BlackBerry needs to serve it's core constituency -- it's end customers. Listen to them, act on feedback at lightening speed. Address reported issues in matter of weeks, not months and BB 10 will sell like crazy. Stock will take care of itself!

Doing this before USA launch is important because US media is HUGE! If you fix key-issues/concerns reported by early adopters, you will be less likely to be bashed by US media. They might even already be a bit pissed off by delayed-US launch (regardless of whose fault it is). Fix reported issues before USA launch and device will sell itself!
    Never rush an update. Never. It takes time to meet expectations with a decent execution. "The better is good enemy ", sometimes.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 06:02 PM
    explain what your play is so I can take advantage of it as well.
    I am a value investor. I buy stocks that are for good ongoing concerns (yes, BBRY fits that description) and grossly undervalued.

BBRY produces nearly $2 billion in free cash flow a year. It has no debt and about $3B in cash/equivalents.

If one uses a 10x multiple (I will not explain where the 10x comes from but there if interested, read about DCF) on FCF and add in cash, this company is worth $23B. Or about $45 a share.

Buying long dated calls:
    1) is a way to use leverage with some risk (google call option risk)
    2) provides a good amount of time for price to follow value.

It's a long term strategy. The lower the strike, the safer the investment. So, the $7 strikes are safer.

BUT MY PLAY. I have enough long dated options. I'm just buying these long dated calls as a short term trade. I'll keep doing it as long as BBRY keeps bouncing around like this.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-13-13 06:04 PM
    What do you guys think BBRY are doing? Sitting on their hands after the launch. Not a chance! The "Gang" in Waterloo are working hard to address the bugs, no doubt about it. Lots of us know people on the inside and we know they report bugs and improvement requests internally and you can bet your last dollar that they are actively collecting intel from Crackberry, N4BB, and BlackberryOS. We can report them faster then they can fix them, that's for sure and we need to remember that bugs are different than enhancements. They probably spend a lot of money just sorting the wheat from the chaf coming for the fansites.

I would think their focus right now is on debugging/modifying BB10 for the Q10. The Keyboard legacy is probably a really big PITA for them right now. The reasoning behind the Z10 release far ahead of the Q10 was to show the diehards that keyboards aren't required for speed and accuracy. They wanted to get the slab out and get us diehards to give it a try. Have you heard of anybody, anywhere that used a Z10 and switched back to a keyboard? ...didn't think so.

Alex and Co are still wooing the developers, but they aren't going to announce anything big before March, why would they. Keep the news for the release. Let the market manipulators have their fun in the "short" term (pun intended).

Someone mentioned shorts being P.O.ed because they couldn't beat it down fast enough. Hey, I'd be P.O.ed too if my families dinner money was trapped in the market. Who do you think are buying up the shares the shorts are dumping on the market? Insiders? sure, a few. retailers (that's us)? sure, a few more. Institutions...? The really deep pockets that can influence the market without even denting their accounts, you bet'cha!

Apple might be able to demand that the US carriers buy a gazillion IP5 just to carry their products and that is part of the reason for the 'tepid' response in the US. We hear rumors about big pre-orders in the US and when the consumer whim swings away from apple (and it inevitably will), they'll shun apple just as hard as they're shunning BBRY now.

We all know that this is a roller-coaster, we knew it coming in. A couple of months ago as we got pulled up and up and up, people were talking about 2, 10, 100-baggers! We've only gone through the first few rollers so, just strap in, sit back and enjoy the ride. oh and smile for the camera, your picture will be available for purchase at the exit!
    02-13-13 06:19 PM
    I just started a thread with info that might gives us an up tomorrow.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...rticle-771685/
    02-13-13 06:56 PM
    Hi randall2580!

The first chart I drew today, had a low of $ 14.06/shr at that time, my last one is of course the end of the day. I have a 42 inch monitor and can do some decent charts on that but I was in a hurry to buy some more BBRY towards the close and slapped together a chart as fast as I could. Having said that, the lower uptrend line is clearly beginning to follow the 50-dma now and let's face it, the 50-dma is the premier support line at this time. We could see something just below the 50-dma as they try to push it through that milestone but it is nowhere near the $ 12.00/shr mark and you can bet that any future rallies in the stock will be muted if it ever breaks below that uptrend line. When a stock falls below its trend line, it is now a recovery stock where everyone that has ever owned it wants out on the rallies thus limiting its upside potential.

The area you talk about, the $ 11.50 to $ 12.00 area, is really support for the RSI as it would be reading 70 plus at that level and grossly over-sold. The problem we would have would be the destruction of the chart dating back to the Sept Double Bottom!!! If we lose that, we are going to trade sideways for months to come. One thing I should mention is that if we break below support or the 50-dma in this case, it has to confirm the trend change, that means it has to stay below the 50-dma for 3 or more days. To pop below it by Friday and then regain it on Tuesday means the trend is still up.

Here is the area you are talking about, it is clearly outside the boundaries:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM Feb 13D 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	135783

In the past, we have dropped back to the uptrend line and bounced off it quickly, but a lot has changed this time around and I believe it is because our support occurs at much higher levels and is harder to justify. At the beginning of the rally it is easy to get a crowd to buy the stock but now we are much higher and hoping the company will do enough to get analysts to raise their targets. This is a dangerous game as we are relying on others to help the stock along. On top of all of this, the traders are heavily short the stock preventing it from going to crazy levels. They are now in control of the stock as there is no threat of news at the moment. I would like to see it stay within this channel for a month or so, see how the USA does on the launch and go from there. That would take us over $ 20.00/shr.. Will it happen? We'll know more tomorrow, but I have to say, it is ripe for a pop here back to $ 17.00/shr.

Sorry if my message is confusing at times, I pump these charts out quickly and get back to my trading. I really just want everyone to see that the stock is following a well defined trend here and we need to keep it intact. Good luck!
    Hey, I just wanna personally let you know that I really appreciate all of these charts and explanations that you are pumping out. It's obvious that you're a big player, and have a lot of experience. I got in at 10.82, and just bought a bit more today at 13.96 bringing my average to around 11.90 or so. Really appreciate everything you're doing, I'm a college student just messing around a bit in the stocks (I told myself I would never do this, but honestly, I see huge potential with BlackBerry, this kind of stuff doesn't come around that often). So sure, what i'm messing around with is a large chunk of money for me, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not much. I see the potential this stock has, and it's fun telling my relatives when the stock almost doubles as does what I put into it. Its kinda satisfying as so many people have given me sh*t for having a BlackBerry, so at least now, I am reaping some of the rewards due to having some faith in BB.

So thanks again for everything, and keep it up! Look forward to seeing your posts whenever they pop up
    Geeoff, fedakd, cjcampbell and 2 others like this.
    02-13-13 07:06 PM
    02-13-13 07:11 PM
    I just started a thread with info that might gives us an up tomorrow.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...rticle-771685/
    Appreciate the post but IMHO, this is a n on-news item... don't see how it is much more than just talk by Thorsten. Sorry. It brings nothing tangible to the table. All I read into it is that BlackBerry is unable to design, manufacture, and bring to market an entry-level phone themselves and they are simply hoping to have another company take the reigns for them to fill the need there. It would be a totally different article if it said that they were actually in negotiations with companyX.

I'd be utterly shocked if this had any affect on the stocks.
    02-13-13 07:23 PM
    Wish I could provide link but it's on Wall Street Journal online....paid content :-(. Story is dated February 13, 2013...

RIM Close to U.A.E Internet Voice Deal.
    zyben likes this.
    02-13-13 07:35 PM
    Appreciate the post but IMHO, this is a n on-news item... don't see how it is much more than just talk by Thorsten. Sorry. It brings nothing tangible to the table. All I read into it is that BlackBerry is unable to design, manufacture, and bring to market an entry-level phone themselves and they are simply hoping to have another company take the reigns for them to fill the need there. It would be a totally different article if it said that they were actually in negotiations with companyX.

I'd be utterly shocked if this had any affect on the stocks.
    I don't see it as BlackBerry saying they can't do it. I think he's just looking at that as a low-margin business that they don't want to be in. But I agree, it's unlikely to have much of an effect on the stock price until there's a real agreement.
    02-13-13 07:37 PM
    Wish I could provide link but it's on Wall Street Journal online....paid content :-(. Story is dated February 13, 2013...

RIM Close to U.A.E Internet Voice Deal.
    DUBAI--Research in Motion Ltd. (BBRY) is close to an agreement with telecoms operators in the United Arab Emirates which will allow the manufacturer of Blackberry devices to offer internet-based voice and video services for the first time to users in the Persian Gulf country, providing a potential boost to sales of the recently-launched Z10 handset.

RIM has faced resistance in the U.A.E. and other Persian Gulf countries to the launch of so-called Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services, because of fears that they would pose a threat to the revenues from traditional voice services offered by the region's carriers. In the U.A.E., Dubai-based Du and Abu Dhabi-based Etisalat are the duopoly providers of telecoms services.

Both Du and Blackberry confirmed that they have started testing VoIP and internet video functions on the Blackberry 10, and said they expect to launch the service to customers in the near future. The functions were missing when Blackberry launched its new device in the U.A.E. on Sunday because both Du and Etisalat had blocked the Blackberry application which is needed to launch the services.

"Our partners are currently testing the service. They will announce availability when they're ready," a BlackBerry official in Dubai said in an emailed statement. An official at Du confirmed that the new BlackBerry Messenger voice and video services are being tested, but said an agreement to launch the products was not guaranteed yet. Etisalat declined to comment.

The launch of RIM's VoIP service, known as BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) video and voice, would provide the Canadian company with an advantage over rival handset providers in the U.A.E., as its competitors--Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (005930.SE), Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Nokia Corp. (NOK)--are still unable to provide such services. Other VoIP services, such as Apple's FaceTime and Microsoft's Skype, are blocked in the U.A.E., either because they can't be downloaded or because they're not made available on smartphone hardware.

"It would be an advantage to have that feature available," said Matthew Reed, principal analyst at Informa Telecoms and Media in Dubai. "It's a clear advantage for BlackBerry."

But the move could damage revenues for the established phone companies, depending on how the operators charge customers for the services. Carriers in the oil-rich Persian Gulf are particularly wary of allowing foreign companies to provide VoIP services because they have high roaming charges and large expatriate populations who need to phone relatives in their home countries.

"In other markets BBM Video would be a non-issue, but it is for Du and Etisalat because if they give up international calls as a source of profit they would have to look at other ways to win that back," said Edwin Grummitt, head of Middle East at Analysys Mason, a consultancy based in London. "I cannot see how the operators can commercially make this work," he added.

Traditional voice calls are charged depending on the length of the call and the country receiving the call. VoIP calls are usually free to anywhere in the world, once the user has purchased a fixed-cost data package from a telecoms operator. VoIP services will cost the global telecoms industry $479 billion in lost cumulative revenues by 2020, which represents 6.9 % of cumulative total voice revenues, according to consultancy Ovum.

Etisalat, which is present in 15 countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, made revenue in the first nine months of last year of 24.4 billion dirhams ($6.6 billion), while Du, which is present only in the U.A.E., had 7.4 billion dirhams of revenue in the same period. The operators do not break out revenues from voice calls, but analysts say income has been falling in recent years as customers have worked out ways to get around the ban on free internet-based voice services.

BBM is one of BlackBerry's most popular offerings, with more than 60 million active members using the free instant messaging service. In other markets, BlackBerry has offered a voice function for BBM since December on its BlackBerry 7 operating system. It launched the video service on the new BlackBerry 10 late last month.

RIM doesn't break out the number of BlackBerry users in the Gulf region, but analysts say its market penetration in the region is above the global average. Reflecting that popularity, Dubai was chosen by RIM as one of just six cities globally for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 operating system and its two new phones, the Z10 and Q10.

Retailers across the U.A.E. report strong sales of the new Blackberry Z10, though RIM has declined to provide figures. A launch date for the Q10 in the region has not been announced but the handset is expected in the U.S. in April.

A senior executive at EMS, the official distributor of BlackBerry handsets in the U.A.E., said sales had been "mind-boggling" so far for the Z10, but declined to give exact figures and did not want to named as he is not the official spokesman for BlackBerry.

In 2010 the U.A.E. threatened to ban Blackberry services in the U.A.E. on security grounds, because the government was unable to monitor text messages sent via the BBM system. The two sides subsequently reached an undisclosed agreement to allow continued Blackberry sales.

An official at the U.A.E.'s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, who requested anonymity, said that the BBM voice and video services will also comply with that agreement.

Write to Rory Jones at [email protected]

RIM close to deal to offer internet voice services in UAETelecoms & IT - Zawya
    02-13-13 07:43 PM
    Sorry but disagree...of course they can make an entry level phone....can a company based in China with local knowledge make it cheaper and reduced risk to BlackBerry while still providing set profit per device....

02-13-13 07:48 PM
    Yes

02-13-13 07:49 PM
    Sorry...just having fun with my awesome Z and Crackberrys awesome app!!!

morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-13-13 07:50 PM
    All I read into it is that BlackBerry is unable to design, manufacture, and bring to market an entry-level phone themselves and they are simply hoping to have another company take the reigns for them to fill the need there. It would be a totally different article if it said that they were actually in negotiations with companyX.
    There are companies out there with much better scale that can produce entry-level phones more efficiently and at better cost then BBRY. This isn't an admission that BBRY can't do it, rather it's an admission that Thor is smart enough to realize that entering a low margin cutthroat entry-level market doesn't make sense, but he realizes the importance of the market, so he licenses it out and earns licensing fees.
    02-13-13 07:50 PM
    ^^^^please see above^^^^

plane6065 and Enyigma like this.
    02-13-13 07:51 PM
    There are companies out there with much better scale that can produce entry-level phones more efficiently and at better cost then BBRY. This isn't an admission that BBRY can't do it, rather it's an admission that Thor is smart enough to realize that entering a low margin cutthroat entry-level market doesn't make sense, but he realizes the importance of the market, so he licenses it out and earns licensing fees.
    Still think licensing out the OS kind of cheapens the OS a bit (kinda like how it's hard to differentiate Android phones) I honestly cannot tell Android phones apart.
    But I guess the upside is more use of BB10 means more apps and more support.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-13-13 07:58 PM
    I hope the investors in this thread didn't get shaken out by this drop. This was definitely hard to watch, especially last hour. I was able to pick up few hundred shares earlier in the day thinking that it wouldn't drop past 14.4 (CAD) but then it went into a freefall on some really questionable "news".

The deep pockets are very much in control of this stock, it was evident since Monday morning that this is an option play. Options expire on Friday so things will start going back to normal. Problem is that we need to entice some new buyers to jump in, we'll definitely get some value buyers at this price plus whoever has been shorting since Monday will probably start covering but unless we get some real news the recovery will be slow.
    drummer_god, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-13-13 08:06 PM
    They're already making blackberry knockoffs in china. they call them blueberrys! RIM execs use to travel to china to get ideas about different architecture. its the reason my 9380 has an fm radio built in. Tap into the "Blueberry" market with the licensed security of BB and we're off to the races!
    02-13-13 08:07 PM
    I hope the investors in this thread didn't get shaken out by this drop. This was definitely hard to watch, especially last hour. I was able to pick up few hundred shares earlier in the day thinking that it wouldn't drop past 14.4 (CAD) but then it went into a freefall on some really questionable "news".

The deep pockets are very much in control of this stock, it was evident since Monday morning that this is an option play. Options expire on Friday so things will start going back to normal. Problem is that we need to entice some new buyers to jump in, we'll definitely get some value buyers at this price plus whoever has been shorting since Monday will probably start covering but unless we get some real news the recovery will be slow.
    Good to see you, BT.
    Wasn't sure if you were still trading BB. Hadn't heard from you in a while.
    02-13-13 08:13 PM
    I'm still here. There was no reason for me to comment as morganplus8 has this one pretty well covered. Just wanted to make sure everyone is calm and doesn't make any rash decisions.

Good to see you, BT.
    Wasn't sure if you were still trading BB. Hadn't heard from you in a while.
    02-13-13 08:21 PM
    I'm still here. There was no reason for me to comment as morganplus8 has this one pretty well covered. Just wanted to make sure everyone is calm and doesn't make any rash decisions.
    Yes, thank you and Morganplus8 for keeping us all calm. This is a roller coaster ride and this should be normal for us all the past few months . Until real sales and revenue numbers comes thru. Plenty of time for BB to pop back up. Keep buying and stock up dollar averaging. I dislike Bloodberry, and much prefer Greenberry and Blackberry :-)
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-13-13 08:38 PM
    02-13-13 08:39 PM

Not at all...just getting ready to soar again soon.
    plane6065 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-13-13 08:41 PM
113,256 ... 200201202203204 ...