View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not sure if any Z10 owners here have their phone made in Canada. I know rim Blackberry manufacturing site has been busy building units. Imagine the reason why they build it here because outsourcing companies can't keep up the demand. Just speculating.
    02-09-13 01:23 PM
    Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube

Someone posted this yesterday, now it has nearly 30 000 views... ha, read some of the comments. Great advertising.
    02-09-13 01:51 PM
    LOL...I saw that. Nice advert!
    02-09-13 02:07 PM
    Let's take a look at what a great trading we had this past week!!!

The following chart shows us that the rally is still predictable and intact:
    Attachment 134935

This chart shows us that the uptrend line is still our major support, we are trading within it and the upper line which signals a top. The RSI is 59 this time around, note that at $ 18.32/shr the RSI was at 77 and grossly overbought. We have the exact same trajectory as the last rally and it projects $ 20.50/shr as our next target. We climbed $ 3.50/shr this week on a closing basis and can easily do that next week. Friday, we dropped back to support and closer to the trendline of the 5-dma. Note that when we are above the 5-dma you only have to sit back and enjoy the ride, when we drop below it, we drop hard, back to the uptrend line for confirmation of the trend again.

This chart has worked for weeks now and there is no reason to believe that it won't work for a few weeks more. When you extend the lines out to May, you can see us hitting $ 25.00/shr so the rally is still very much alive here. I would say that the trading this past week was perfect, controlled, not too fast and predictable. We should get more media attention this coming week and that will likely keep us well above the 5-dma and heading for a new 52 week high. We also have options expiring this coming week and so it could go crazy here. This time, I think it gets crazy on the upside.

On a side note:
    I picked up my new Z10 phone replacing my BB 9900 and wow, it is amazing. I'm not just saying that because I have a ton of money in this play. This phone is so fast for surfing and I'm still improving on the text and love it. The phone is the fastest thing to operate, turns on fast and all your info is there, its an Apple killer for sure! Good luck!
    That trendline looks extremely bullish... Gotta get in again near support
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-09-13 02:15 PM
    Phones 4 u have raised their price for the sim free phone in the UK from 480 to 550 pounds. (you can check the website)

I just got back from the UK for work and couldn't find the phone in stock, they only had white available in one of the stores.

I don't see why these shops would put the price up unless they had seen significant demand?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-09-13 03:30 PM
    Not sure if any Z10 owners here have their phone made in Canada. I know rim Blackberry manufacturing site has been busy building units. Imagine the reason why they build it here because outsourcing companies can't keep up the demand. Just speculating.
    They always build the first batches here. This is to optimally set up machines, lines, and the overall assembly process. Once that is done then they outsource and rebuild the exact same production line setups abroad - usually mexico. If you order your phone right at launch chances are it will be "Made in Canada".

Source: trust me.
    02-09-13 03:39 PM
    My brother in law says he was just called in Waterloo. A new shipment of Z10s arrived. He is in line with people waiting to get theirs at a Rogers store.
    02-09-13 04:00 PM
    I am a big BBRY share holder. I am thinking to recommend the company with following marketing strategy, i.e.,
    Give 1 free stock option share to whoever bought one Z10 or Q10. The option will be good for 10 years and the strike price equals the closing price on the day when the phone is activated in the network.

The maximum cap will be 200 million option shares.

Let us analyze what will happen if this proposal is implemented.
    At the moment, BBRY has 550 million shares, assume that the total new devices sells reach 200 million mark in three years and at that time, this program ends.
    Let us further assume that the device sells / EPS / stock prices / average option strike price in the next three years as follows:
    year one, 50 million / $4.5 / $50 / $35
    year two, 75 million / $8 / $100 / $70
    year three, 100 million (only the first 75 million qualify the option bonus) / $12 / $140 / $100.
    When everyone excise the options, 200 million additional shares will be issued by blackberry, and the company will receive 19.5 billion cash from the proceeding with breaking down as follows.

50 35 1750 million
    75 70 5250 million
    125 100 12500 million

At that time (then this program ends), the company becomes 105 billion company. At such a market capital and cash in hand, blackberry can be truly dominating the mobile computing space and its final market capital can reach as high as that of APPLE.

How do you people think about this idea?
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 02-09-13 at 04:43 PM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-09-13 04:08 PM
    Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Real-Time Stock Quote - NASDAQ.com
    For anybody that cares blackberry stock is sitting at $19!
    02-09-13 04:09 PM
    I am a big BBRY share holder. I am thinking to recommend the company with following marketing strategy, i.e.,
    Give 1 free stock option share to whoever bought one Z10 or Q10. The option will be good for 10 years and the strike price equals the closing price on the day when the phone is activated in the network.

its sitting at 19 or am i dreaming
    02-09-13 04:15 PM
    i think that you are seeing a bug in the nasdaq chart. the market is closed and the after hours market is also closed.
    02-09-13 04:23 PM

What if the stock goes up to $100. It is too risky.
    02-09-13 04:27 PM
    See my explanation above.
    02-09-13 04:45 PM
    Stock Market Quotes | Stock Market Quotes and Symbols TSX states differently.
    02-09-13 04:49 PM
    What if the stock goes up to $100. It is too risky.
    I can not see any risk for the company as well as the shareholders.
    As I stated before, when the stock price reaches $140 in three years, the company will have 750 million outstanding shares with market capital of 105 billion.
    The cash position at that time equals
    2 billion current cash
    19.5 billion from issuing the 200 million shares
    13.5 billion from the net earning.
    Total cash in the balance sheet = 35 billion.
    At that time, it will become one of the largest and strongest tech company in the world.
    02-09-13 05:08 PM
    It's a glitch. On the evening of January 17, 2013 it said $34.95. I damn near had a heart attack!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    02-09-13 06:10 PM
    I was just sitting in my family room, browsing crackberry and I just overheard my dad watching a "punjabi program" on satellite, and they were advertising the blackberry z10. I guess they are going all out on advertising overseas(India) in this case! I thought it was pretty funny! #team blackberry
    02-09-13 07:10 PM
    I can not see any risk for the company as well as the shareholders.
    As I stated before, when the stock price reaches $140 in three years, the company will have 750 million outstanding shares with market capital of 105 billion.
    The cash position at that time equals
    2 billion current cash
    19.5 billion from issuing the 200 million shares
    13.5 billion from the net earning.
    Total cash in the balance sheet = 35 billion.
    At that time, it will become one of the largest and strongest tech company in the world.
    That's a pretty bold statement, both literally and figuratively... I can't see it going up to that much, infact, I'd be hard-pressed for it to hit over $30 anytime soon. But we will see. Personally, I feel BB will be 3rd amongst the industry, behind Android and Apple as of the rest of the year. I do have good faith though in terms of their new OS and the fact that they own many patents to their name and have no debt.
    02-09-13 07:34 PM
    Let's take a look at what a great trading we had this past week!!!

This chart shows us that the uptrend line is still our major support, we are trading within it and the upper line which signals a top. The RSI is 59 this time around, note that at $ 18.32/shr the RSI was at 77 and grossly overbought. We have the exact same trajectory as the last rally and it projects $ 20.50/shr as our next target. We climbed $ 3.50/shr this week on a closing basis and can easily do that next week. Friday, we dropped back to support and closer to the trendline of the 5-dma. Note that when we are above the 5-dma you only have to sit back and enjoy the ride, when we drop below it, we drop hard, back to the uptrend line for confirmation of the trend again.

This chart has worked for weeks now and there is no reason to believe that it won't work for a few weeks more. When you extend the lines out to May, you can see us hitting $ 25.00/shr so the rally is still very much alive here. I would say that the trading this past week was perfect, controlled, not too fast and predictable. We should get more media attention this coming week and that will likely keep us well above the 5-dma and heading for a new 52 week high. We also have options expiring this coming week and so it could go crazy here. This time, I think it gets crazy on the upside.

On a side note:
    I picked up my new Z10 phone replacing my BB 9900 and wow, it is amazing. I'm not just saying that because I have a ton of money in this play. This phone is so fast for surfing and I'm still improving on the text and love it. The phone is the fastest thing to operate, turns on fast and all your info is there, its an Apple killer for sure! Good luck!
    Always appreciate your analysis and read it twice everytime you update it. Thanks..keep it up. I also picked up Z10 and man it's phone. I have been in IT for 20 years, started selling windows 3.1 PCs until Windows 95. I bought many tech gadgets in my life including first cell phone in 1997 but I MUST admit that I never got this much excited in my life for anything else compare to this gadeget z10 and It did not disappoint me. The phone is so fast, so efficent including UI, browser, management, usage, hardware, that I feel that I was wasting so much time on iphone and torch. As of last week I was using torch full time and iphone for one app. The app I needed is not z10 yet but the browser of z10 meet my requirements. I am returning my old BB and iphone to company and z10 will be only one i will be using it. I am invested in BB so I may be little biased here but honestly I never got excited for anything else. All these new gadegets made me never excited to point that I called store to buy it but Z10 made me do that. Last week I installed bes10 at work and we will be ordering whole bunch z10s, the executive staff already asked for it including one of IT staff who brought iOS devices to company asking for it.. I heard dozen times from this person that BB is dead and now he/she says "I heard new BB is good"

Please keep updating your analysis, we all appreciated it and hope we all make money not only by playing the trade but by believing and supporting our real love to BB
    Last edited by BBNation; 02-09-13 at 07:53 PM.
    02-09-13 07:42 PM
    It's a glitch. On the evening of January 17, 2013 it said $34.95. I damn near had a heart attack!
    I literally jumped out of my seat, WTF!?!?
    02-09-13 10:13 PM
    That's a pretty bold statement, both literally and figuratively... I can't see it going up to that much, infact, I'd be hard-pressed for it to hit over $30 anytime soon. But we will see. ..
    Remember netflix jumped 40% a few weeks ago and now it's up 80%. That's after being down for 2 years. US releases in mid march. Our earnings report is march 28th. I could see it going over 30$ within the next 2 months.
    02-09-13 10:51 PM
    Remember netflix jumped 40% a few weeks ago and now it's up 80%. That's after being down for 2 years. US releases in mid march. Our earnings report is march 28th. I could see it going over 30$ within the next 2 months.
    True, Netflix is on steroids at the moment.
    02-09-13 10:53 PM
    Didn't Netflix jump because they killed on earnings? At one point people left because of the split disk/streaming pricing and the stronger competition of Amazon. But after blowing through their earnings forecast, the stock shot up.

So with strong sales and earnings (hopefully exceeding expectations) from BB10, it would make sense that BlackBerry stock price jumps when the earnings reports reaffirms what was all believe to be true: BB10 is a winner!.
    After all, in the end it's all about the money.
    02-09-13 11:17 PM
    Nice avatar ^^^^^
    02-09-13 11:21 PM
    The magical thing we need to hear is sales figures. A quantitative assesment of how many people have literally already changed their device to the new blackberry. Numerical facts can't be dismissed with a short-sellers rationalization
    02-10-13 12:20 AM
113,256 ... 177178179180181 ...