View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Remember, the world claimed that noone would look at BB until the software launched and was proven successful, I think we have arrived. Good luck! - Morganplus8

_______

Yep, turned the corner and then some!
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-05-13 01:18 PM
    BGR: BLACKBERRY CEO SAYS HE’S ‘DISAPPOINTED’ THE Z10 WON’T LAUNCH IN THE U.S. UNTIL MARCH

BlackBerry CEO Heins interview: disappointed at American release date | BGR
    lewcat likes this.
    02-05-13 01:27 PM
    Almost as much volume as when the BB10 launched. WOW 110MM and its only 2:55pm.
    02-05-13 01:54 PM
    This just popped up on another thread, I'll throw it in the 'stock pot' without comment:

StreetInsider.com - Checks Indicate BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 Still in Stock Across U.K.; Sales Reps 'Undereducated'

One trend I see we are seeing regardless of sales is that BBRY needs to put more pressure on carriers in terms of staff pushing devices or look at the incentive packages.
    Corbu and Knightcrawler like this.
    02-05-13 02:07 PM
    This just popped up on another thread, I'll throw it in the 'stock pot' without comment:

StreetInsider.com - Checks Indicate BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 Still in Stock Across U.K.; Sales Reps 'Undereducated'

One trend I see we are seeing regardless of sales is that BBRY needs to put more pressure on carriers in terms of staff pushing devices or look at the incentive packages.
    yes, precisely! Frank needs to get on this ASAP. This is not acceptable for launch day, especially in thier home market.
    02-05-13 02:16 PM
    The firm (Deutsche Bank) has a price target of $8 on BlackBerry. Ouch...
    02-05-13 02:21 PM
    I guess the big problem for Frank and others to think about at the sales level (ie incentives to the sales staff) how do you overcome the big firehose Samsung is using on the sector?
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-05-13 02:21 PM
    The firm (Deutsche Bank) has a price target of $8 on BlackBerry. Ouch...
    Interesting to see what their position is in six week - give me a minute and I'll pop forward in my time machine and find out...
    02-05-13 02:22 PM

So the article points out that sales staff are more familiar with two OS's that have been around for 5 years rather than a brand new OS that has been available for 5 days. It kind of makes sense.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-05-13 02:26 PM
    So the article points out that sales staff are more familiar with two OS's that have been around for 5 years rather than a brand new OS that has been available for 5 days. It kind of makes sense.
    There are more likely to be familiar because they are using those devices that is sure to be a factor but you'd be surprised (or maybe wouldn't be) how enthusiastic a sales rep can get about a product with the right em.. 'encouragement' even if they don't have actual usage of the device. BBRY needs to make sure they have that level of em.. zeal. At the other end of the scale, even if they aren't pushing the devices actively got to make sure they have enough training so they aren't pushing falsehoods or halftruths about the devices.
    Knightcrawler and Corbu like this.
    02-05-13 02:32 PM
    Disregard...I was still on PG 161.
    02-05-13 02:33 PM
    I agree with another poster in different thread (discussion of same article)...they are creating buzz slowly and will now begin to turn up the machine know as marketing. The F1 sponsorship with Mercedes is huge, in Canada it appears the brand is well displayed and today when I purchased my device the staff were not perfect but not abysmal either. I think every week for a good long while we will see one thing or another announced that will build on the already considerable buzz...which was created with pretty much zero dollars. Can't wait to see what they accomplish with several hundred million dollars.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-05-13 02:41 PM
    Reminder: The thread title is "I SUPPORT BBRY AND I BUY SHARES!". . . . . . . . Remember?
    02-05-13 02:45 PM
    I agree with another poster in different thread (discussion of same article)...they are creating buzz slowly and will now begin to turn up the machine know as marketing. The F1 sponsorship with Mercedes is huge, in Canada it appears the brand is well displayed and today when I purchased my device the staff were not perfect but not abysmal either. I think every week for a good long while we will see one thing or another announced that will build on the already considerable buzz...which was created with pretty much zero dollars. Can't wait to see what they accomplish with several hundred million dollars.

Here's a secret - it will not be done for nothing - there will be a **** of a lot of spending on things that will be later folded into a line item for PR but are things like flying journalists around, taking them for dinner, buttering them up, putting people up in hotels - a friend of mine is at BBJam, BBRY is picking up the whole tab, everything from when he leaves his house to when he gets back. I'm not singling BBRY out, everyone does it - ****, some companies even expect you to put on their T-shirts. It's a fairly murky area and something that tech journalists don't really like to talk about - the better ones do provide a disclosure but that's the better ones.

However having said that, yes as part of the overall picture it's not that much.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-05-13 02:52 PM
    Some more evidence of solid support in the UK:

Mr Heins said a substantial number of UK users are moving from other platforms to BlackBerry and said that is an encouraging sign because they first targeted long-time BlackBerry users.
    'It's beyond expectations,' he said. 'White is sold out already. The black is hard to stock up again. It's very encouraging.
    Read more: BlackBerry 10 a hit: CEO says UK launch of new-gen phones 'beyond expectations' | Mail Online
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-05-13 02:55 PM
    I purchased two Z10s today in Vancouver from Virgin Mobile. I was supposed to get them via my preorder at Future Shop but they hadn't received them yet. This is at the Downtown Vancouver location.

[Anecdotal]

So I wandered up to the Virgin Store. He had two white ones in the back, but no accessories of any kind.

He was perfectly helpful, but had very limited knowledge. He said that he had only had the store demo phone for about an hour so he couldn't help me with it too much but he was positive about the platform in general.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-05-13 03:00 PM
    Closed at 16.02 decent progress
    02-05-13 03:04 PM
    today was the first day in weeks i didn't pay any attention to the stock price.

went to the mall to pick up my fiancee's Z10. i went with her to a clothing store, and while she was in the change room, i started looking at my Z10. a store rep from boathouse stopped and asked, "is that the new blackberry? i just got a iPhone 4s and now i really wish i waited".

so, previously people would say "oooooo a blackberry". now they say, "OH! a BlackBerry!!!"

the tides have turned.
    02-05-13 03:09 PM
    Looks like $16 is the new support. Very low chance it will go lower than that unless there's bad news and good chance it will hit $17 soon if there's any good news.

I was definitely wrong about the stock dropping from the superbowl commercial. That's for sure.
    02-05-13 03:15 PM
    Financial Times: BlackBerry’s Z10 enjoys strong reception

BlackBerry’s Z10 enjoys strong reception - FT.com
    Sorry, it need registration to read the article.
    02-05-13 03:20 PM
    Well...I'm happy with the day...not worthy of the dancing bananas but still a decent gain.
    02-05-13 03:25 PM
    Need some help understanding NASDAQ. After hours trading is still going on apparently, as they have the price after hours as 16.31. How is this possible and will this effect tomorrow's opening dramatically? Thanks for any assist....
    02-05-13 04:10 PM
    yea, im not really understanding after-hours.
    what if the price starts tanking in after-hour trading, and you're not able to sell before your shares become worthless?
    seems unfair that some can trade after 4pm and other can't.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-05-13 04:36 PM
    Yea after hours trading means the stock is 16.31 right now. IF in pre market trading it gets to $17 then the stock will open at $17 or will be up $1 at the start. Its like if Google reports earnings the stock might jump $40. So the next day you check the stock and at the open its already up $40 its nice. IF the company reports bad then the stock could drop like crazy!
    lcjr likes this.
    02-05-13 04:41 PM
    Thanks guys for the quick response. Dang, makes a person want to set their Stop or Stop limit now just in case. Geez, if you have lots riding on stocks, it would pay to watch this all the freaking time instead of 0900-1600. Again, thanks for the assist.
    02-05-13 04:45 PM
113,251 ... 160161162163164 ...