View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks leafs123! I should have seen that. Right now I'm lauging at myself, feel free to join me if you haven't already. hahahaha.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-01-13 11:30 AM
    Not sure I agree with you there. Investors will be well aware of what markets the Z10 has been available in, and for how long, prior to the quarterly report. If the Z10 makes solid sales the market will not ignore it. If it doesn't... the market won't ignore that either.
    the BIG players will... but they will also use that information to downgrade their stance and then buy millions of shares once it drops. the manipulation on RIMM has been horrific, and it wont stop until there is positive numbers. ANY SINGLE negative will drop the price. It isnt about the device, it is about how you can manipulate the information to make money.
    02-01-13 11:44 AM
    the BIG players will... but they will also use that information to downgrade their stance and then buy millions of shares once it drops. the manipulation on RIMM has been horrific, and it wont stop until there is positive numbers. ANY SINGLE negative will drop the price. It isnt about the device, it is about how you can manipulate the information to make money.
    I agree with you, the governement has to put a stop to this because, that's how any company will go under.
    02-01-13 11:47 AM
    Seems to be settling nicely around lucky number 13.

Looking forwards to seeing how this opens on Monday. Early weekend numbers from the UK should start to appear, the UAE pre-orders numbers should be increasingly available, Canada and China will be getting ready to start their launch and the Super Bowl ad will have aired.

Just a personal opinion, but if you were planning on buying stock I wouldn't wait until after the weekend.
    02-01-13 11:49 AM
    I am not sure the Super Bowl ad will add much buzz. Just a hunch.
    If it drops a bit below 13 it could be a buy. Nice analysis, BTW - thanks.
    02-01-13 11:50 AM
    I am not sure the Super Bowl ad will add much buzz. Just a hunch.
    If it drops a bit below 13 it could be a buy. Nice analysis, BTW - thanks.
    It's only 30 seconds and its aimed at an audience that has to wait for the phone. I'm not expecting a 30 second tech demo. I'm expecting a conversation starter.

I wouldn't bet on it falling below $13 again.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-01-13 12:18 PM
    We have lift off. Whats going on??
    02-01-13 12:20 PM
    The Friday afternoon bulls are making their move and increasing their positions.

I feel bad for anyone still shorting this stock.
    02-01-13 12:24 PM
    We have lift off. Whats going on??
    Not sure what you're seeing? Seems like the bouncing-around-pattern from yesterday from $12.90 - $13.20... and extremely low volumes
    02-01-13 12:24 PM
    If we can manage to have a green day i'll be happy
    Bilaal likes this.
    02-01-13 12:29 PM
    Not sure what you're seeing? Seems like the bouncing-around-pattern from yesterday from $12.90 - $13.20... and extremely low volumes
    Maybe I'm just being super optimistic but it looked like it suddenly shot up.
    02-01-13 12:29 PM
    https://javatar.bluematrix.com/docs/...568ad4e12f.pdf

this could be a reason as well, good information
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-01-13 12:31 PM
    https://javatar.bluematrix.com/docs/...568ad4e12f.pdf

this could be a reason as well, good information
    This seems to be completely way off according to what we know from the Rogers reservation thread in the forums
    Pre-orders in Canada have also reached tens of thousands based on our checks
    at Rogers, Bell, and Telus. Combined we believe they could be approaching or above 100K.
    The highest number we saw was at most 3000 from Rogers. Though we aren't sure what that number really means. (all of Canada, or provincially or by city, etc)
    I don't think Bell or Telus had preorders until yesterday.
    But actually they have a pretty good promo page and promo video
    Bell - BlackBerry� 10
    02-01-13 12:50 PM
    02-01-13 12:50 PM
    This seems to be completely way off according to what we know from the Rogers reservation thread in the forums

The highest number we saw was at most 3000 from Rogers. Though we aren't sure what that number really means. (all of Canada, or provincially or by city, etc)
    I don't think Bell or Telus had preorders until yesterday.
    But actually they have a pretty good promo page and promo video
    Bell - BlackBerry� 10
    if its only 3k, then i worry about blackberry and the stock. rogers is the biggest carrier, hopefully it much much more than 3k
    fedakd likes this.
    02-01-13 12:57 PM
    I would probably add the corporate customers as well. I'm sure thatt lots of companies have pre-ordered their phones through their account reps.
    02-01-13 01:15 PM
    if its only 3k, then i worry about blackberry and the stock. rogers is the biggest carrier, hopefully it much much more than 3k
    The question is what's being counted? Tthat 3k is the number of devices reserved on the rogers website. But what about all the ones done in rogers stores? rogers dealers? for rogers at Best Buy, FutureShop etc etc.. There's a good chance that's the disconnect between the 3k number and the tens of thousands.. I would think instore orders are much more prevalent.
    02-01-13 01:22 PM
    Jefferies Report

Research in Motion (RIMM)
    Z10 Off to Strong Start; Far from DOA
    EQUITY RESEARCH AMERICAS
    BUY
    Price target $19.50

* Jefferies & Company, Inc.

Key Takeaway

Our initial checks indicate that sales in the UK are off to a strong start. Some
    stores had lineups out front with widespread sell outs of the White Z10 and
    limited stock of the Black Z10. Also, our checks indicate that pre-orders in the
    UAE and Canada have had a solid start. While this is not the crux of our call,
    these initial data points could provide some relief as many thought that the
    Z10 was DOA.

UK initial checks: we believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs while
    O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand. We estimate sell-in to be at least
    several hundred thousand units. To put that in perspective,
    the iPhone had first weekend
    sales of 5M+ in the U.S. The U.S. is five times larger so continued strong sales could bode
    very well for Blackberry.

Good start to pre-orders: our checks with du, a UAE carrier, indicate that pre-orders have
    started well. Pre-orders in Canada have also reached tens of thousands based on our checks
    at Rogers, Bell, and Telus. Combined we believe they could be approaching or above 100K.

Initial sales bode well for the broader launch in March: we still think RIM will miss
    Feb Q consensus estimates as we expected a March U.S. launch to begin with. For the Feb
    Q we estimate $2.5B/$(0.42) vs. St $2.9B/$(0.31)). But the Street is also too pessimistic in
    the May Q and estimates $3.2B/$(0.09) vs. our $4.2B/$0.33. We do not think the Street
    is incorporating the high carrier support (e.g., $600 ASP and volume commitments) into
    estimates (details are in our 1/18 upgrade note: "Upgrade to Buy: Raise Target to $19.50")
    02-01-13 01:25 PM
    The question is what's being counted? Tthat 3k is the number of devices reserved on the rogers website. But what about all the ones done in rogers stores? rogers dealers? for rogers at Best Buy, FutureShop etc etc.. There's a good chance that's the disconnect between the 3k number and the tens of thousands.. I would think instore orders are much more prevalent.
    I think that's probably what's happening. Kevin posted this comment on a BGR article a few weeks ago:

"Yeah, just to follow up, I heard from contacts at Rogers that they actually sold more preorders than was their initial handset order from BlackBerry, so they've had to already up their order volume (and hopefully that second order will come through fast enough to meet preorder demand)".

I'd have to think that Rogers would have ordered much more than 3k for their initial handset order.
    02-01-13 01:30 PM
    I think that's probably what's happening. Kevin posted this comment on a BGR article a few weeks ago:

"Yeah, just to follow up, I heard from contacts at Rogers that they actually sold more preorders than was their initial handset order from BlackBerry, so they've had to already up their order volume (and hopefully that second order will come through fast enough to meet preorder demand)".

I'd have to think that Rogers would have ordered much more than 3k for their initial handset order.
    "Contacts at Rogers" is kind of vague......

I also had "contacts at Rogers" that don't know what BB10 is.

Can't wait to see preorder numbers. If they're > 1-2 million within Q4. BBRY will rally!
    02-01-13 01:37 PM
    The reservation # in Rogers decreases slowly as they fulfill the order for shipment to the local stores for pickup. I started in the hundreds and it slowly dwindled to double digits until I got an e-mail saying my phone has been shipped. Given that, the # probably represents the waiting queue #.
    02-01-13 01:38 PM
    The reservation # in Rogers decreases slowly as they fulfill the order for shipment to the local stores for pickup. I started in the hundreds and it slowly dwindled to double digits until I got an e-mail saying my phone has been shipped. Given that, the # probably represents the waiting queue #.
    Yeah, but before they started shipping, the number maxed out at around 3K. Obviously before launch, they couldn't have possibly shipped them out to store.
    Of course, it's also perfectly possible that in the last 2 days, there has been an influx of preorders.
    02-01-13 01:44 PM
    Jefferies Report : "(e.g., $600 ASP and volume commitments)"
    lalala ... was I right with the €450 range ASP (end of self-satisfaction, sorry. My ego is rich lol)
    wowowo ... "volume commitments" ? warning: doesn't seem to be the case where I got my infos (major carrier Europe). [<= pinch of salt here]
    02-01-13 01:48 PM
    Good point.

I did just reserve white Z10 for my girlfriend this morning, and it started above 100 and is now position #62.
    02-01-13 01:50 PM
    Jefferies Report : "(e.g., $600 ASP and volume commitments)"
    This is most certainly wrong information. Koodo is selling device (without contract) for $550. ASP ought to be $400 or so.
    Pre-orders: my sources tell me that total pre-orders from ALL big 3 combined stand at < 10,000. Not hundreds of thousands.

It seems like Peter Misek/Jefferies peddle false information to justify ratings. He peddled false information when he was bearish on RIM, and now he is peddling false information to prop up RIM as he is now bullish.
    02-01-13 01:56 PM
113,251 ... 145146147148149 ...