View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It is still very hard to believe that they had a long awaited introduction like they had today!

What were they thinking!

What are you talking about? Go cry somewhere else. You are nothing but a negative nelly kicking and screaming about nothing.
    With all due respect, the launch that we all waited at least a year for, fell way... waaaay short if we're being honest. Thorsten is paid 10m+/year and he sure as heck should have knocked this one out of the park. I like the guy, but his delivery was beyond uninspiring for a multi billion company. Everything was so obviously staged with everyone but Vivek constantly glancing down at the teleprompters, and the self clapping.

There was some good news, like some heavy hitter apps getting announced, but other important items (I'll say it again, M2M) got only a few moments mention and nothing more.

All of us are on edge today because of what's at stake... not only our hard earned money, but thousands of jobs and a well primed OS and hardware deserved more of an "umph" today, whereas it came across kinda weird somehow.

Still long, but was hoping for more flash at launch.
    01-30-13 01:56 PM
    I disagree 100% , as UK,Canada sales could be used as a metric for future USA sales. All one has to do then is factor in potential USA sales based on UK,Canada sales to get a hint.
    Well, BlackBerry sells well in UK already. In Canada also, BlackBerry sells better than it sells in US. So, # of sales in Canada/UK aren't going to provide a good estimate of how well it will sell in US, given that a) it'd be delayed in US, b) US media has already started trashing it, BGR review was pretty bad c) BlackBerry marketshare in UK and Canada is substantially higher than it is in US and hence it's different demographics.
    01-30-13 02:04 PM
    It is still very hard to believe that they had a long awaited introduction like they had today!

What were they thinking!

With all due respect, the launch that we all waited at least a year for, fell way... waaaay short if we're being honest. Thorsten is paid 10m+/year and he sure as heck should have knocked this one out of the park. I like the guy, but his delivery was beyond uninspiring for a multi billion company. Everything was so obviously staged with everyone but Vivek constantly glancing down at the teleprompters, and the self clapping.

There was some good news, like some heavy hitter apps getting announced, but other important items (I'll say it again, M2M) got only a few moments mention and nothing more.

All of us are on edge today because of what's at stake... not only our hard earned money, but thousands of jobs and a well primed OS and hardware deserved more of an "umph" today, whereas it came across kinda weird somehow.

Still long, but was hoping for more flash at launch.
    Most of those in the audience I'm sure were well tuned into Blackberry 10 from Crackberry or some other tech sites, so standing ovations to what one already knows is not the norm. Although Skype/Whatsapp did get more applause, same with AK. Would a non tech audience have been better, no idea, ask Hollywood production types.
    01-30-13 02:05 PM
    I found Thorstein to be mostly cringe-worthy. They really should have taken another approach to this launch. Even the live demo I found to be too fast to really follow what was happening on the phone making it somewhat pointless. I thought this phone was delayed to make it perfect; now I see it was delayed because it would have been an even worse disaster a few months ago.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    01-30-13 02:09 PM
    I'll agree to a point that the launch didn't wow like maybe it could have.. but the general consensus is pretty positive. We here as crackberry members already knew everything about the z10, and we built it up in our minds and here in threads telling ourselves they wouldn't leak everything, so there must be some incredible new features that will be unveiled at launch.. well there wasn't, we had seen it all, but it's still an awesome phone and OS.. if the leaks hadn't been so extensive I think we'd all be sitting here saying wow.. And to that point, really the only things that didn't get leaked was skype and whatsapp.. things that last week people were saying were make or break.. well.. they're there!!!!

All and all I think it's good news.. the stock tanked because of the march release date in the US (which don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about.. I think for the good press and sentiment to build it should have been a US first launch or at least at the same time as Canada but I don't think RIM had any control over it.).. so those who are panicking and selling will loose out.. those who can hang on and see the momentum build for UK and Canadian Sales will likely be rewarded.

If bloggers and reviewers can give the device a fair shake, I think it will do well.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.. one thing that was absent is Instagram...I personally don't care much.. but... ummm.. doesn't kevin owe me a new car?

http://crackberry.com/dont-believe-e...-blackberry-10
    01-30-13 02:09 PM
    Maybe there will be a build up of excitement from people in the US hearing things from people in Canada and the UK who have them. I don't know if it is likely but if people in the US hear it is taking off elsewhere, they may line up overnight for one. Call it Zed10 envy.
    LoL I think you mean Zee10 envy.
    01-30-13 02:11 PM
    Well, BlackBerry sells well in UK already. In Canada also, BlackBerry sells better than it sells in US. So, # of sales in Canada/UK aren't going to provide a good estimate of how well it will sell in US, given that a) it'd be delayed in US, b) US media has already started trashing it, BGR review was pretty bad c) BlackBerry marketshare in UK and Canada is substantially higher than it is in US and hence it's different demographics.
    It will provide an estimate that can be used as a metric, didn't say or try to imply the % would be the same, my apologies if that's how you took it.

Having said that, the UK,Canada sales can't be ignored, the adoptions rates in the USA will be interesting going forward, I fully expect adoption rate increases, how much, we shall see.
    01-30-13 02:11 PM
    I'll agree to a point that the launch didn't wow like maybe it could have.. but the general consensus is pretty positive. We here as crackberry members already knew everything about the z10, and we built it up in our minds and here in threads telling ourselves they wouldn't leak everything, so there must be some incredible new features that will be unveiled at launch.. well there wasn't, we had seen it all, but it's still an awesome phone and OS.. if the leaks hadn't been so extensive I think we'd all be sitting here saying wow.. And to that point, really the only things that didn't get leaked was skype and whatsapp.. things that last week people were saying were make or break.. well.. they're there!!!!

All and all I think it's good news.. the stock tanked because of the march release date in the US (which don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about.. I think for the good press and sentiment to build it should have been a US first launch or at least at the same time as Canada but I don't think RIM had any control over it.).. so those who are panicking and selling will loose out.. those who can hang on and see the momentum build for UK and Canadian Sales will likely be rewarded.

If bloggers and reviewers can give the device a fair shake, I think it will do well.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.. one thing that was absent is Instagram...I personally don't care much.. but... ummm.. doesn't kevin owe me a new car?
    You're the one who gets the new car,ask for the QNX Bently,lol.

I'm not a fan of Whatsapp but OMG so many threads about it, same with Skype.
    01-30-13 02:16 PM
    They said WhatsApp is committed. Skype is committed (but it may only be a crippled/limited feature-set version of Skype with no voice/video, only text). It remains to be seen what 'committed' translates to.

I am disappointed that they didn't demo some great features like Voice assistant (aka ViKi), Browser (better than Chrome on Desktop), NFC/BBM Money , Music/Video content (they only made a cursory remark about it, could have played-up potential revenue stream). Didn't demo key apps like Maps/Navigation, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter , a few games etc.

What's done is done. Hope your upcoming commercials do a better job of explaining these features! You know what, let us ALL tweet to RIM/BB's marketing team and ask them to ensure that their upcoming commercials demo key apps/features. It'd be incredibly stupid if commercials turned out to be under-whelming too!
    01-30-13 02:22 PM
    The "Launch" is directly responsible for this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thumbnail.png
    01-30-13 02:22 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	133193
    Agreed, but what's the prediction on the share prices going up soon??
    01-30-13 02:26 PM
    Who predicted the 13 level...seems like that�s where it�s going to settle.

Deep Breath....exhales.

Well...I'm getting the Z next Tuesday and going to show it to everyone over the next several months, as I'm sure hundreds of thousands of others are going to do as well...so long as it works great and does everything as stated/leaked I have no worries about this stock. If it sucks...I'll be on here next Wednesday saying so...which I don't think will happen.

Deep breaths...exhale. :0
    01-30-13 02:27 PM
    Agreed, some people are Hollywood material that works well and as such work well on stage and sell fluff, we got the straight goods from a CEO style perspective.Had Blackberry put up a an actor type presenter others, including the media would have slagged Thor for not taking the stage. You're dammed if you do dammed if you don't. Thor being German might be why you see a conservative type of presence on stage, not knocking that in the least, it's a reality. He was pumped, in his way, can't fault him for that, he did bring us Blackberry 10. Wanna remedy that then suggest acting lessons,lol, I'll take the real Thor, conservative image and all. Smart phone buyers don't buy on the CEO stage presence, they buy on the CEO and Blackberry Team product.

As for USA March, well March will come to pass. More time for USA to see UK,Canada adopt Blackberry 10 and iron out any (if any) kinks/update/s.
    Geeze good thing they didn't hire Clint Eastwood trying to explain Peak, Hub and Flow to a chair. LoL

I am underwhelmed with the stage presence, BUT not by the message nor the product. Screen sharing is great amongst other features.

I bought another 2000 shares for LONG TERM investment today.

Understand that Canada and UK are very RIM BB friendly and will generate a positive Worldwide buzz on good user experience,
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim.001.jpg  
    robkd likes this.
    01-30-13 02:29 PM
    my goodness..$13.98 on tsx ahhh
    01-30-13 02:32 PM
    Sorry. They blew it.

* No mention of BB10 on PB
    * No partnerships
    * No accessories
    * No tech surprises
    * Huge delay in US

Very disappointed.
    Out of curiosity, did you make a move today with the lacklustre event?
    01-30-13 02:33 PM
    I can't see what would drive it up now. Now everybody sits and waits and some get buyer's remorse. With the US delay, sales numbers won't be clear for 2 quarters. Next quarter is likely to be terrible. For every good review there will be at least 1 bad one. This week should have been the zenith for a while. Now that the bloom is off the rose I can't see the stock doing much to the upside, I see range bound mostly dead money for the next few months with more downside risk than upside. JHMO.
    timberdc likes this.
    Who predicted the 13 level...seems like that’s where it’s going to settle.

Deep Breath....exhales.

Well...I'm getting the Z next Tuesday and going to show it to everyone over the next several months, as I'm sure hundreds of thousands of others are going to do as well...so long as it works great and does everything as stated/leaked I have no worries about this stock. If it sucks...I'll be on here next Wednesday saying so...which I don't think will happen.

Deep breaths...exhale. :0
    That would be appreciated! Once you get your hands on that, post pics, demos, and your opinions.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    I can't see what would drive it up now. Now everybody sits and waits and some get buyer's remorse. With the US delay, sales numbers won't be clear for 2 quarters. Next quarter is likely to be terrible. For every good review there will be at least 1 bad one. This week should have been the zenith for a while. Now that the bloom is off the rose I can't see the stock doing much to the upside, I see range bound mostly dead money for the next few months with more downside risk than upside. JHMO.
    Greatly appreciated..
    01-30-13 02:34 PM
    Overall, i'm not in bad shape over the past month.

I made money on everything I bought below $12, and lost (maybe) on most of the calls I purchased above $15. It all balances out though, and overall I now have a lower cost basis and larger position... I just don't have the "paper profits" I was seeing at the end of last week. I will be buying the Z10 sometime during February, I do still intend to wait until I can actually hold one though before purchasing.
    01-30-13 02:39 PM
    Well if this happened on "BB10 introduction day" it is hard to tell. It might go up a little tomorrow if people feel that $12 per share is a deal. I will wait for another month when we get it in the US. At least we will have the UK find out of their are any glaring faults with software or worst, hardware!. We shall see.
    01-30-13 02:39 PM
    God this sucks. My TFSA took a nosedive. Back to working at my dayjob. Thanks BlackBerry... Thorsten you steered the company on the right path but you are really not a good stage presence.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    01-30-13 02:41 PM
    Who predicted the 13 level...seems like that�s where it�s going to settle.
    SNIP
    A close below 14 seems to be a huge technical issue. 14-14.25 was big time support going back to 2 test of 14 in Dec and Jan which acted as support. RIMM spent very little time between 14 and 12 (roughly and relatively speaking). If the shorts haven't been hitting RIMM I'd expect a blood bath soon as it is really weak here. This is my amateur hour analysis, hope Morganplus8 gets back here soon!! Most of all hope for a close above 14 and a rally into the close.

EDIT: Volume is massive today at over 215M shares, another very bad indicator to be so far down on so much volume.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 01-30-13 at 02:54 PM.
    01-30-13 02:42 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	133193
    So why was yesterday's graph the same shape? And the previous day's when the shorts were trying to save $Billions?
    01-30-13 02:46 PM
    What isn't needed is this sort of review:

The Z10 didn't even hold the dimmest, most-pathetic light to the other cameras in our test. Look at that photo above on the left. It is an abject and miserable failure. Because this is a particularly difficult shooting setting, all of the photos have problems with noise, distortion, and detail, but we've haven't seen something so crummy as the Z10 in a long time. The Z10 even has a "night" setting that was completely useless. This is some four-years-ago crap.
    BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time

Bear in mind this is the stock thread, so I'm not looking for in-depth discussion of the actual review but rather to make the point that the *overall* review picture needs to be positive - anyone got any sense of which way it is going? (I've been working for the last four hours and am behind).
    01-30-13 02:52 PM
    Here comes the sell-off before close...
    01-30-13 02:52 PM
113,250 ... 135136137138139 ...