View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Definitely not a short squeeze. If anything there's probably even more shorts than before now.
    01-30-13 12:37 PM
    Because of the mid-march release now, there's a chance that apple or samsung will come out with something that will eclipse the sales of z10 when it's on the US market. That could be devastating but chances of this happening are low.
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    i suspect, once the media / word gets out that the phones wont be available in the US until mid-march, the price will come down to the $13's.
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    The very positive Pouge/NYT review will help. Having zero US sales in the next earnings report may hurt. Losing impulse/gotta have sales that could have been generated today in the US will definitely hurt. Giving the competition time for a counter offensive in the US will hurt too. I am not pre-ordering but would have bought one next week. Not worried about fighting a line or Verizon running out of devices. I could be wrong. I might, but doubt I will chose another device in the meantime. Many surely will in the next 30-60 days. Those sales are lost forever. I think one of the talking heads on CNBC put it best "RIMM doesn't have a device problem, they have an execution problem."
    01-30-13 12:50 PM
    Launch today was anything but Hollywood, I think many were expecting a shiny slick production, myself included, it is was it is.

Skype,Whatsapp was a plus, for those needing/wanting it. Alicia Keys will be interesting going forward on the social media front.

UK now (excellent) , Canada Feb 5 (excellent), USA March (good and not so good). You couldn't miss the ticker drop on USA March,but the upside may be that any small kinks in UI (if any) are fixed before USA sales. I see some are posting on CB that March is 2 months away, well March 1st is actually 30 days away.

Reviews are mostly good with obviously the usual suspects not on board.

It almost seemed the launch event was more geared to those who never stepped foot onto Crackberry , as consumption for the masses if you will. I think it worked, at least in my circle.

I know a couple in my circle that are (were) die hard iOS users. They have never set foot in Crackberry or follow tech blogs. Today they watched the launch presentation and they will both be purchasing a Z10. The selling point was the hub and balance.

Us that own Blackberry stock and frequent Crackberry etc know so much more than the average person on the street , it seems obvious now that the learning curve on the street has just begun, if the couple I know is an indicate of turn over then that sill keep me happy until info filters more far and wide about Blackberry 10.

Having said that, where is our "personal assistant" , was expecting some talk about that at launch.

VIKI ?
    zyben, jegs2, just_luc and 2 others like this.
    01-30-13 12:50 PM
    It is still very hard to believe that they had a long awaited introduction like they had today!

What were they thinking!
    01-30-13 12:53 PM
    It is still very hard to believe that they had a long awaited introduction like they had today!

What were they thinking!
    What are you talking about? Go cry somewhere else. You are nothing but a negative nelly kicking and screaming about nothing.
    01-30-13 01:04 PM
    i suspect, once the media / word gets out that the phones wont be available in the US until mid-march, the price will come down to the $13's.
    The word is already out. Did you miss the launch?
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-30-13 01:06 PM
    Maybe there will be a build up of excitement from people in the US hearing things from people in Canada and the UK who have them. I don't know if it is likely but if people in the US hear it is taking off elsewhere, they may line up overnight for one. Call it Zed10 envy.
    01-30-13 01:09 PM
    POGUE: The BlackBerry Z10 Is 'Lovely' - Business Insider

Can't complain about the reviews.
    USA market not far off.
    01-30-13 01:10 PM
    So they were right, RIM died...

BB was born
    01-30-13 01:11 PM
    What are you talking about? Go cry somewhere else. You are nothing but a negative nelly kicking and screaming about nothing.
    Just wondering if you are the same mrfreetruth who posts over on Yahoo Finance message boards? Went there the other day for the first time as I couldn't log into CNBC and saw plenty of posts by someone with the same name who was blasting Apple and talking up RIMM?
    01-30-13 01:13 PM
    This MAY be able to turn good if they start announcing new lines/products and future partnerships. Maybe they just didn't want to do everything all at once? Pretty much any news out of BB would be good, since a lot of us expected way more.

No other lines were mentioned, Aristo? and no mention of the PlayBook at all.
    01-30-13 01:17 PM
    The word is already out. Did you miss the launch?
    Did ya miss the March USA reactionary dip?

Positive reviews and 4 weeks or less will remedy that. Speculators sold today, now in the hands of value investors that believe in Blackberry going forward. Myself I'm not going any where, I like Morganplus8 progressive growth scenario of $30 May.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-30-13 01:18 PM
    Once the media starts blowing up that aspect, and makes it into a huge disaster ( which it is ), the price will come down.
    Mid-march...sheesh.
    01-30-13 01:24 PM
    and the stock is slowly rallying but the launch was so bad. reviewers shouldn't have to use the device to be wowed they should have been wowed by the launch demos and features, also the future plans for a mobile platform, BlackBerry has so much hope and so much going for its future plans, be excited and talk about it, also talk about BB10 on the playbook. the stock was driven so low in my opinion because of the boring lack of exciting presentation and it has let down even those not expecting Blackberry to succeed
    I don't disagree. The presentation didn't stir up the emotions it could have.

The products will sell based on their user experience.

Hang in there. Live is good. (can always be better I agree).
    01-30-13 01:27 PM
    I have a sinking feeling that shorts were right. I hate being wrong. I can't bring myself to look at yahoo message boards.
    01-30-13 01:27 PM
    I think this is REALLY important (from ny times) but again, NEVER mentioned at the launch

And here’s the shocker — it’s complete. The iPhone, Android and Windows Phone all entered life missing important features.
    bungaboy, robkd and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-30-13 01:32 PM
    June would be first full quarter since BB 10 launch.

So, I guess, stock is not going to move (upwards) much until June. If anything, it's probably going down close to $12- $13 in next few weeks.
    Then it'd probably start its climb back up closer to June 2013.

As for morganplus8 prediction of $30 by May 2013 - one additional thing he said was that news trumps everything. In this case, news was under-whelming (They didn't demo popular features like Browser, Some key apps, Viki/Voice integration. They didn't even play-up potential revenue stream from sale of video/music content, app sales, BBM Money etc.) So, news trumps everything but it goes both ways. Good news will make the stock climb up, and under-whelming news will bring it down.

So, I guess, we are looking for quiet/muted next few months. Action will start closer to June's earning call.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 01-30-13 at 01:48 PM.
    01-30-13 01:35 PM
    Nah, that should be already priced in. The price started dropping quickly during the launch, and I was trying to figure out why, and then found the WSJ article that was published at that time about the mid-March US release date.
    01-30-13 01:44 PM
    I don't disagree. The presentation didn't stir up the emotions it could have.

The products will sell based on their user experience.

Hang in there. Live is good. (can always be better I agree).
    Agreed, some people are Hollywood material that works well and as such work well on stage and sell fluff, we got the straight goods from a CEO style perspective.Had Blackberry put up a an actor type presenter others, including the media would have slagged Thor for not taking the stage. You're dammed if you do dammed if you don't. Thor being German might be why you see a conservative type of presence on stage, not knocking that in the least, it's a reality. He was pumped, in his way, can't fault him for that, he did bring us Blackberry 10. Wanna remedy that then suggest acting lessons,lol, I'll take the real Thor, conservative image and all. Smart phone buyers don't buy on the CEO stage presence, they buy on the CEO and Blackberry Team product.

As for USA March, well March will come to pass. More time for USA to see UK,Canada adopt Blackberry 10 and iron out any (if any) kinks/update/s.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-13 01:47 PM
    I feel deceived and mislead. Like discovering your girlfriend was cheating on you.
    fedakd likes this.
    01-30-13 01:49 PM
    Nothing! LOL!

I do agree the introduction was nothing! Hey, I am not alone here, the bottom of RIMM stock did not fall to the basement today, the day of their introduction, because it was nothing! A lot of people lost a lot of money today and you say it was nothing! You are funny!
    nquyen likes this.
    01-30-13 01:53 PM
    The very positive Pouge/NYT review will help. Having zero US sales in the next earnings report may hurt.
    I disagree 100% , as UK,Canada sales could be used as a metric for future USA sales. All one has to do then is factor in potential USA sales based on UK,Canada sales to get a hint.
    01-30-13 01:54 PM
    Nothing! LOL!

I do agree the introduction was nothing! Hey, I am not alone here, the bottom of RIMM stock did not fall to the basement today, the day of their introduction, because it was nothing! A lot of people lost a lot of money today and you say it was nothing! You are funny!
    I didn't sell, therefore I personally lost nothing today.
    01-30-13 01:56 PM
113,251 ... 134135136137138 ...