View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Jim Doak, President of Megantic Asset Management on BNN today, discussing the potential of RIM short squeeze:

Part 1:

Part 2:
    Jim Doak on RIM Blackberry Stock Jan 23 2013 #2 - YouTube
    01-23-13 07:21 PM
    Steve Liesman from CNBC tweets about BB10:

On blackberry 10, you swipe upward on the letter to get the word. It predicts the right word like +50% of the time. Improves as you use it.
    Expand
    42m steve liesman steve liesman ‏@steveliesman

More from my Blackberry 10 demo: typing screen is revolutionary. The browser is stunningly fast
    Expand
    48m steve liesman steve liesman ‏@steveliesman

Just got blackberry 10 demo from the prez of the company. Look out Iphone.

https://twitter.com/steveliesman
    01-23-13 07:23 PM
    Jim Doak, President of Megantic Asset Management on BNN today, discussing the potential of RIM short squeeze:

Part 1:

Part 2:
    Awesome post!!!thanks for sharing....I almost blew my drink out my nose when he said: "imagine your long AAPL and short RIM and the manager of a US hedge fund...every time you see someone pull out a BlackBerry you get a....PAIN in your side". Hahahha....excellent!!

Made my night
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-23-13 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Book boos
    01-23-13 07:52 PM
    Only have a couple K shares but I'm putting a sell marker on for 105.00...lets see if it hits lol, peanuts to a hedge fund needing to out the position
    01-23-13 08:24 PM
    Here's full clip:

01-23-13 08:38 PM
    Taking into consideration what Jim Doak said about being long apple and short rimm I decided to do a little homework. Since Jim Suva and Citibank keep puttiing it bearish notes on RIMM made me look up their notes on Apple. Here is what I found:

Apple Is So Big, Citigroup Is Triple-Teaming It - Yahoo! Finance

Isn't quite interesting that 3 separate analysts over at Citi put out a bullish note about Apple around the same time the stock started plunging and RIMM starting making strong moves upwards. The people over at Citi have to be one of those that are stuck in the long Apple, short RIM trade so that's why he keeps coming out saying RIMM should be @ $6. What a loser.
    01-23-13 08:38 PM
    Hmmm...after watching this a few times makes me wonder if RIM "consulted" with a few of the heavy hitters like Prem and Yacht to help with the launch...you know, little details.
    01-23-13 08:58 PM

Part 1:

Part 2:
    Wow, that sounds painful -- and exposes my total ignorance of how all this stock trading stuff works (or doesnt work). Watching all of this unfold has been quite educational.
    01-23-13 09:52 PM
    These are the biggest holders and these get to around 196 million shares, out of a possible 525, which leave you with 329 available float if these holders requested their shares not be shorted. As of 12-31-12 shares shorted were 137 million. That would give a short interest of around 40% of available float

Just found an error in Bloombergs numbers. Watsa actually owns 15%, and that's through FairFax financial and Hamlin Watsa Investment Council putting the total shares to 78.8 million shares. So the percentage short based on that change would be 45% assuming all major holders restricted their shares from being short. Now we just have to wait for the updated short numbers to paint a better picture.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-01-23-9.09.13-pm.png  
    Last edited by InWithTheNew; 01-23-13 at 10:10 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-23-13 09:53 PM
    Hmmm...after watching this a few times makes me wonder if RIM "consulted" with a few of the heavy hitters like Prem and Yacht to help with the launch...you know, little details.
    I am pretty sure if you own 50m shares/10% of a company, you would be talking to them quite a bit to make sure your investment is safe and in good hands. Perm probably has Thor on speed-dial on his BB 11. lol

I have a feeling this is all going to be epic in the way it plays out.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-23-13 10:00 PM
    Fun. Go BB.
    01-23-13 10:20 PM
    Now I think know whats going on..As long time bear analyst Peter upgraded RIM stock and shorts started yelling and calling his office. He openly and clearly confirmed this on bnn. So shorts found another bear SUva guy from City to downgrade the stock..It's game of $2 billion dollars.
    bungaboy and TomJasper like this.
    01-24-13 12:27 AM
    and ... 159HOURS before the launch, we hit page 100 !
    Can't believe this thread will last *actively* that long
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 02:26 AM
    Now I think know whats going on..As long time bear analyst Peter upgraded RIM stock and shorts started yelling and calling his office. He openly and clearly confirmed this on bnn. So shorts found another bear SUva guy from City to downgrade the stock..It's game of $2 billion dollars.
    Indeed - and the fun part is that it wasn't enough. *some* of the gains were/will be erased, but not all. If RIM has even one good surprise left for launch, this is gonna get interesting
    01-24-13 05:53 AM
    Jimmmmmmy!!!!!!!!! I love the way he said "very very bullish" and repeted it again. "very very bullish"..lol
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-24-13 06:17 AM
    CNBC?
    01-24-13 07:00 AM
    Looks like today might be the day for the long overdue correction. If it starts gapping down, it'll drop A LOT. We left a lot of gaps behind last few weeks.
    01-24-13 07:32 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    dip is just a buying opportunity ... stock will move north in the days and weeks ahead ...
    01-24-13 07:36 AM
    Looks like today might be the day for the long overdue correction. If it starts gapping down, it'll drop A LOT. We left a lot of gaps behind last few weeks.
    I agree and am getting out for now. Too much negative news today.
    01-24-13 07:43 AM
    This is just a headfake. It'll finish green today.
    01-24-13 08:04 AM
    This is just a headfake. It'll finish green today.
    Yeah look at the volume. 100 shares here, 100 shares there.
    01-24-13 08:07 AM
    dip is just a buying opportunity ... stock will move north in the days and weeks ahead ...
    Its a great opportunity to take advantage of FAKE selling. Yes very few shares are being sold but rather short hegde funds are in big trouble . RIM down in pre-market on nothing volume. It take MILLLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONs of shars for RIMM to go up 50 cents but for shorts to MANIPULATE it down only 700,000? really shorts ? You have money buy the dips and thank the shorts. We might start low and explode higher.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-24-13 08:07 AM
    Oh you are such an optimist,lol.

As far as I'm concerned it has over corrected too much already!

Pull a 30 day chart, look at Jan 14/15 pullback , compare that to yesterday, and imho we should be on the cusp of another run, more so because we are so close to launch the timelines should be even more compressed. We are being played, again imho.

On another note, Peak Oil now equals Peak Apple,lol.
    01-24-13 08:11 AM
    Quick comment I want to make: When it comes to money, everyone posts in their own self-interest.

If they're long, they want you to buy. If they're short, they want you to sell. If they want to buy, they want the cheapest price they can get.

I have a long position in RIMM, at a cost basis from back prior to the price spike. If the price has a large drop, i'm just losing profit over the past couple weeks. Call it luck or not, but I purchased RIM not at the lowest price or absolute best time, but it was at a good time. If I try and time the market and sell today to book more profits, i'll probably sell at the absolute worst time. If there is a huge drop in price, i'll increase my position.

My bias again is that I am long, I do expect price to rise going into the launch, and would prefer not to see the price fall (i.e. I want people to hold/not sell). It's a personal financial decision though: People need to do what's best for themselves.
    neteng1000, bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    01-24-13 08:13 AM
    Quick comment I want to make: When it comes to money, everyone posts in their own self-interest.

If they're long, they want you to buy. If they're short, they want you to sell. If they want to buy, they want the cheapest price they can get.

I have a long position in RIMM, at a cost basis from back prior to the price spike. If the price has a large drop, i'm just losing profit over the past couple weeks. Call it luck or not, but I purchased RIM not at the lowest price or absolute best time, but it was at a good time. If I try and time the market and sell today to book more profits, i'll probably sell at the absolute worst time. If there is a huge drop in price, i'll increase my position.

My bias again is that I am long, I do expect price to rise going into the launch, and would prefer not to see the price fall (i.e. I want people to hold/not sell). It's a personal financial decision though: People need to do what's best for themselves.
    i would agree to hold not sell but it's a game buy in low sell higher try and force the market lower to buy low then when it rises again to sell. Not many are in it for the long hall just want small short fast money gains and I can understand that
    01-24-13 08:22 AM
113,256 ... 9899100101102 ...