View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
  1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    RIM on track to be at least $20 by January 30th ... this IS the year for RIM!......
    01-18-13 02:23 PM
    27 minutes to crack $16.... soooooo close.
    01-18-13 02:33 PM
    Not necessarily. Depends on the broker you have.
    Some TD branches were lose and fast years back,lol. ie. only had $60k in their account, called em on the landline to do a $384k buy early morning, only told had to settle in 3 days, no margin bs, sold end of day, $58k my pocket and $384k back in theirs.
    01-18-13 02:35 PM
    What are these landlines you speak of...and you got to talk to a real person ...that got to make real decisions... wow.
    01-18-13 02:41 PM
    LOL, showing my age.
    What are these landlines you speak of...and you got to talk to a real person ...that got to make real decisions... wow.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-18-13 02:46 PM
    He said "years back". Not sure when that was, but I saw a youtube video call the Flintstones showing that people did talk to each other through a device connected by a line, and yes there were living people on each end - strange stuff...
    01-18-13 02:48 PM
    99' lol.
    He said "years back". Not sure when that was, but I saw a youtube video call the Flintstones showing that people did talk to each other through a device connected by a line, and yes there were living people on each end - strange stuff...
    01-18-13 02:59 PM
    Good close IMHO. Shorts too scared of the weekend and longs hanging in cause we know more goodies to come.
    01-18-13 03:02 PM
    Out again EOD 1/2 pos. Looking for a dip to re-enter. Made a bad play today, about broke even, even with the 6% rally. Fat fingers......don't ask.
    01-18-13 03:03 PM
    Cue the dancing bananas...have a great weekend all.
    TomJasper and zyben like this.
    01-18-13 03:06 PM
    It happens. Off topic but what are your thoughts on Ur One, I know you play the miners.
    Out again EOD 1/2 pos. Looking for a dip to re-enter. Made a bad play today, about broke even, even with the 6% rally. Fat fingers......don't ask.
    01-18-13 03:06 PM
    Sometimes when you start of with bad timing and throws the rest of your timing off. Should have just held. Not exactly going to say what my strategy is but right now I'm holding. AFter a while you kind of get a feel to how RIMM trades. This traded different from other days and had decent volume, but usually would have more.
    01-18-13 03:09 PM
    Notice today's chart was smooth and quite orderly. No big dips in the chart like other days. No big heavy movements upwards as well. Movement today was steady. I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-01-18-4.10.50-pm.png  
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-13 03:15 PM
    The RSI is still pretty high and there was still a huge volume of selling going into the close. I'd rather protect my gains than miss out on a small rally. I would have been net positive today but I had an oops early in the morning cause I wasn't paying attention. TSX is open on Monday, I'll set up my play for next week accordingly.

Sometimes when you start of with bad timing and throws the rest of your timing off. Should have just held. Not exactly going to say what my strategy is but right now I'm holding. AFter a while you kind of get a feel to how RIMM trades. This traded different from other days and had decent volume, but usually would have more.
    01-18-13 03:19 PM
    I have a good friend who's been playing UUU for years. He keeps telling me to buy. He seems to think that demand for uranium will spike as the supply from decommissioned russian nukes is dwindling. I've personally not made the play in UUU since Feb of last year.

It happens. Off topic but what are your thoughts on Ur One, I know you play the miners.
    01-18-13 03:23 PM
    Thanks, same boat, watching watching,lol.
    I have a good friend who's been playing UUU for years. He keeps telling me to buy. He seems to think that demand for uranium will spike as the supply from decommissioned russian nukes is dwindling. I've personally not made the play in UUU since Feb of last year.
    01-18-13 03:32 PM
    I don't trade what I can't afford to loose.
    Quoted as a #1 rule reminder, especially for stock trading newcomers: Never get over-optimistic nor excited. This beast has strange reactions sometimes.
    BThunderW and spike12 like this.
    01-18-13 04:13 PM
    I made like $6300 again today. It makes me what to sell. Just not used to RIMM doing this. Who is holding and who is selling?
    01-18-13 04:15 PM
    What a day ... time for some rest, isn't it ?

Oh, did I mention that we are now 256 buyers (53%) in the thread poll ?
    Maybe one day, this will spread as much positiveness than Peter-Dervish-Missek !
    Who knows ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Shanerredflag, coldsword and s0be like this.
    01-18-13 04:18 PM
    It's not the time to time RIM. The stock has made fools of traders with me included(in the past). The action has been unpredictable as of late. If you are a good trader with nerves of steel you can made some nice coin. I am not that good so I am happy to hold. We all know it's going higher.
    Superfly_FR and coldsword like this.
    01-18-13 04:30 PM
    ......last thought for this past trading week:
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-18-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: try and add this:
    01-18-13 04:32 PM
    Guys ... I didn't realized also the "score" of this thread: 45,000+ views and ... who will post the 2Kth ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    01-18-13 04:34 PM
    It should be you superfly
    lol, it was you , but you're (one of) my (favorite) guest(s), so it will be the 2K+1 for me and #IlikeThat

edit : overLOL.
    You had the 2Kth Post - I have the 2Kth Answer.
    Did I mention we only have winners in this thread ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-austin-powers-gif-favim.com-238667.jpg
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-18-13 04:45 PM
    Mr. Superfly_FR...I want to thank you for this thread, I've been watching and reading for months...very enjoyable with some learning mixed in too...I say we try and beat the 50K reply that some "other" thread is working towards. Great job!
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-18-13 at 05:13 PM.
    spike12 and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-18-13 04:58 PM
    Mr. Superfly_FR...I want to thank you for this thread, I've been watching and reading for months...very enjoyable with some learning mixed in too...I say we try and beat the 50K reply that some "other" thread is working towards. Great job!
    50K ... that's 48K to go ! ... but if the stock rockets to $200+, I might enroll a secretary roflol
    And, as I ran out of "thanks button" : Thanks !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-18-13 at 05:47 PM.
    01-18-13 05:16 PM
113,250 ... 7879808182 ...