View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like Jefferies / Peter Misek may have upgraded RIM again. I haven't seen anything from an official source, but some people seem to have seen a report where he raised the target price to $19.50 with an upside scenario of $56.
    Well, just received this ... bomb inside.
    Important : While not confirmed, please leave this into that sole thread
    Ok, this went public ... so : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...m-rimm-762972/

RIM Raised to Buy on IPhone, Android Opportunity: Jefferies
    By Sarah Gill

Jan. 18 (Bloomberg) -- RIM will enable corporate email on iPhones, Android devices; this change is unknown or not well

understood: Jefferies analyst Peter Misek writes in a note.
    ● RIMM likely to add BYOD sandboxing, BBM on Android, iOS
    ● Jefferies says licensing deals are unclear
    ● May, Aug. qtr results likely above avg. ests.
    RIMM likely to meet or beat Jefferies’ est. of 4m/qtr BB10 sales
    ● PT raised to $19.50 from $13, rating raised from hold
    ● RIMM 5 buys, 24 holds, 19 sells, avg. PT $10.82: Bloomberg data
    ● NOTE: RIMM SI 8.4% of free float: MarkIt data
    For Related News and Information:
    First Word scrolling panel: FIRST<GO>
    First Word newswire: NH BFW<GO>
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-18-13 at 06:11 AM.
    01-18-13 05:21 AM
    You can get the pre market breakdown off nasdaq.com
    There :
    After hrs : http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/rimm/after-hours/
    Pr� : Research in Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com -

There's some action here ... now down in pre-market.
    vgwillm likes this.
    01-18-13 05:23 AM
    Sadly RIM shares have climbed out of my reach now. if they dip below 15 again I might pick up a few extra but I will just have to make do with my measly 450 shares

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 05:28 AM
    I think today will be one of RIMM's best! (fingers crossed)
    01-18-13 06:57 AM
    Well, gambled and lost. I held onto cash yesterday hoping that with options expiring it'll drop a bit to reload. Will wait for a dip to re-enter, might sell again at next resistance to try the play again. Good thing is that I still had half my shares in RIM so will still gain, just not quite as much. I have a appointment at the bank today to add option trading so I can buy some March/June calls. This sucker is going to the moon. Short covering is going to drive this thing high.
    01-18-13 07:21 AM
    UP $15.80 in PRE-MARKET ...I think we might break the $15.20 resistance for good today...shorts are loosing the battle .
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-01-18-4.45.05-pm.png  
    01-18-13 07:22 AM
    Shorts in for a world of hurt today,lol.
    01-18-13 07:33 AM
    $16 : Broken ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-18-13 07:47 AM
    I don't know that a pre-market flucuation should be considered 'breaking' $16. Wait until the market opens.
    01-18-13 08:02 AM
    I don't know that a pre-market flucuation should be considered 'breaking' $16. Wait until the market opens.
    It normally wouldn't, but over a million shares have been traded pre-market that's a pretty good indicator
    01-18-13 08:11 AM
    2 million now, it's gonna be another crazy volume day.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-13 08:11 AM
    exciting stuff...wish i would have bought another $20 grand worth yesterday when it hit $14.23 on the TSX.
    damn.
    oh well.
    01-18-13 08:19 AM
    I don't currently have a BlackBerry (I do have a Playbook), but if the price continues to trend like this, i'm going to buy one at launch. ITM now on 40 calls (based on pre-market)
    01-18-13 08:27 AM
    I don't currently have a BlackBerry (I do have a Playbook), but if the price continues to trend like this, i'm going to buy one at launch. ITM now on 40 calls (based on pre-market)
    The stock price impacts whether or not you will buy the phone? I guess because it is an indicator that the company isn't going anywhere so you won't be buying an orphaned product?

It makes sense as a lot of people probably avoided BBs when the "RIM is bankrupt" BS was going around.
    01-18-13 08:31 AM
    Well, gambled and lost. I held onto cash yesterday hoping that with options expiring it'll drop a bit to reload. Will wait for a dip to re-enter, might sell again at next resistance to try the play again. Good thing is that I still had half my shares in RIM so will still gain, just not quite as much. I have a appointment at the bank today to add option trading so I can buy some March/June calls. This sucker is going to the moon. Short covering is going to drive this thing high.
    I have learned so much about trading stocks from your posts and others on this thread over the past few months. The knowledge alone is worth all the money that I currently have in RIMM (and a new car would be just a bonus ). Thanks everybody.
    Superfly_FR and s0be like this.
    01-18-13 08:32 AM
    Any bets on when the stock decides to move on $16?
    01-18-13 08:36 AM
    The stock price impacts whether or not you will buy the phone? I guess because it is an indicator that the company isn't going anywhere so you won't be buying an orphaned product?

It makes sense as a lot of people probably avoided BBs when the "RIM is bankrupt" BS was going around.
    I don't currently have a cellphone, i've avoided them as much as possible (I'm cheap, I don't want to pay $50/month for a cell contract when I can pay $28 for a landline)
    01-18-13 08:40 AM
    I don't currently have a cellphone, i've avoided them as much as possible (I'm cheap, I don't want to pay $50/month for a cell contract when I can pay $28 for a landline)
    So you are saying that you will buy one with the money you would make if the stock keeps rising? Just trying to figure out the correlation between the stock price and your purchase decision.
    01-18-13 08:44 AM
    This, if correct, is a huge drop in short interest.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-13 08:44 AM
    I haven't had a landline for over 5 years, thus my ignorant question: is that $28/month for a landline?
    If so, you might save money by replacing the landline with a smartphone contract. My wife makes phone calls to family overseas daily using VOIP on her smartphone for free. The saving from that alone covers our family smartphone plans.
    01-18-13 08:49 AM
    When would that have happened? Something seems wrong with that number.

Also seems strange that the Nasdaq hasn't published the short interest for the first half of Jan.
    01-18-13 08:49 AM
    Please not be true. I'm praying short interest is still piling up!!!11
    01-18-13 08:52 AM
    im looking at the volume and it doesn't appear that the news is being sold. We went 13% the other day on much higher volume in the first 30 minutes. The fade on the rise seems like a head fake that managed to grab a few more shorts in.
    01-18-13 08:58 AM
    RIM + RIMM = 24Mil shares in 30 minutes of trading...not bad volume.
    01-18-13 09:02 AM
    When would that have happened? Something seems wrong with that number.

Also seems strange that the Nasdaq hasn't published the short interest for the first half of Jan.
    Nasdaq won't publish first half short interest until late next week.

As for the short interest of 8.4% I grabbed that from the Misek's published report. If that figure is true shorts have covered almost 100 million shares!

RIM Raised to Buy on IPhone, Android Opportunity: Jefferies
    By Sarah Gill

Jan. 18 (Bloomberg) -- RIM will enable corporate email on iPhones, Android devices; this change is unknown or not well

understood: Jefferies analyst Peter Misek writes in a note.
    ● RIMM likely to add BYOD sandboxing, BBM on Android, iOS
    ● Jefferies says licensing deals are unclear
    ● May, Aug. qtr results likely above avg. ests.
    ● RIMM likely to meet or beat Jefferies� est. of 4m/qtr BB10 sales
    ● PT raised to $19.50 from $13, rating raised from hold
    ● RIMM 5 buys, 24 holds, 19 sells, avg. PT $10.82: Bloomberg data
    For Related News and Information:
    First Word scrolling panel: FIRST<GO>
    First Word newswire: NH BFW<GO>
    01-18-13 09:03 AM
113,256 ... 7576777879 ...