View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think the fact that you're not a trader, your choice is the best strategy for you. I'm in the same boat. Theoretically I could continue to watch, sell high, wait for the drop and buy lower, but since I really don't know what I'm doing, and the stock is climbing, and will continue to do so, holding is the smart thing for folks like you and me. Now of course, in theory, it could drop drastically and we both could be out some money, but those are the risks we signed up for when we bought the stock to begin with.
    This is 100% the spirit of this thread. Buy because you believe RIM will be back strong.
    If we were wrong, then we may lose some pennies.
    But if we're right, we could convert a bunch of familly restaurants into one used car.
    And if we're visionary ( a la appl) ... then ... could be very nice brand new oneS.

Anyway ... THAT was a crazy day !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg

hush babe hush ... papa goes to bed ... shhhh
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-14-13 at 06:17 PM.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-14-13 05:06 PM
    Mt call options in RIMM just lifted my portfolio 10% today. Thank you RIMM!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-14-13 06:31 PM
    there is a definite downside if the stock goes up alot alot to like a $100 a share. We will all probably end up being that 2% or whatever it is and be in the highest tax bracket. then the irs will jam the heck out of us. Just remember for taxes, if you buy and sell and are showing alot of profit in stocks but the shares are down significantly, they will hit you on previous profits for that year which can also be offset by selling stocks u are losing on by the end of that year. I know this personally cuz i had huge profits and then huge losses but didn't sell before end of the year because i was out of country and couldn't get to a computer before last day market close. It took me 3 years to pay them while i still had a loss. If i remember, the irs lady said, "have you learned your lesson?" that was throwing salt on an open wound. fyi
    01-14-13 06:40 PM
    there is a definite downside if the stock goes up alot alot to like a $100 a share. We will all probably end up being that 2% or whatever it is and be in the highest tax bracket. then the irs will jam the heck out of us. Just remember for taxes, if you buy and sell and are showing alot of profit in stocks but the shares are down significantly, they will hit you on previous profits for that year which can also be offset by selling stocks u are losing on by the end of that year. I know this personally cuz i had huge profits and then huge losses but didn't sell before end of the year because i was out of country and couldn't get to a computer before last day market close. It took me 3 years to pay them while i still had a loss. If i remember, the irs lady said, "have you learned your lesson?" that was throwing salt on an open wound. fyi
    Ouch...

For those of you living in Canada and are new to investing. Invest through your Tax Free Savings Account - you can max it out up to $25,500 of your own contributions. If you don't have one then go and create one with your bank. Any profits you make from investing the money in that account are not taxed or count towards your income. If you make an insane amount of money, you get to keep it all. FYI

NOTE: You will need to buy Canadian shares of RIM traded on the TSX - Index Quote "RIM". You cant invest in the US Market.

Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
    Last edited by nukemango; 01-14-13 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added link + Clarificatoin
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    01-14-13 08:19 PM
    Ahhhh, the joys of the tax free investment account here in Canada
    01-14-13 08:36 PM
    Ouch...

For those of you living in Canada and are new to investing. Invest through your Tax Free Savings Account - you can max it out up to $25,500 of your own contributions. If you don't have one then go and create one with your bank. Any profits you make from investing the money in that account are not taxed or count towards your income. If you make an insane amount of money, you get to keep it all. FYI

NOTE: You will need to buy Canadian shares of RIM traded on the TSX - Index Quote "RIM". You cant invest in the US Market.

You won't be taxed on RIMM nasdaq shares. You can hold US stocks in your TFSA. However, if that stock pays a dividend you have to pay the withholding tax which is 15%. Capital gains and interest are tax free.
    01-14-13 08:42 PM
    Ouch...

Isnt a tfsa a maximum of $5000 tax free per yr, not 25,500?
    01-14-13 08:50 PM
    Anyway ... THAT was a crazy day !

hush babe hush ... papa goes to bed ... shhhh
    Very strong and steady after market.
    $16 tomorrow anyone?

Yes and no.
    The limit has been increased to $5500 a year.
    25,500 comes from 5000 + 5000 + 5000 + 5000 + 5500.
    If someone hadn't opened a TFSA before, they would have $25,500 of contribution room at this point.
    01-14-13 08:50 PM
    it's been increased to $5,500 this year and is accumulative since it started.

01-14-13 08:51 PM
    Very strong and steady after market.
    $16 tomorrow anyone?
    Would $16 be too rush? Rather have more investors than traders.
    01-15-13 12:19 AM
    GooooooooodMooooorning investors !
    I like the smell of the $15 in the morning
    wowowowowowowww ... fasten you seat belts ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-15-13 at 05:20 AM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-15-13 05:07 AM
    Ahhhh, the joys of the tax free investment account here in Canada

I call it my tax free rim account.
    01-15-13 06:42 AM
    RIM looks ready to pop above $15 for good.

Apple looks ready to drop below $500.

Could be an interesting day.
    01-15-13 08:24 AM
    And Apple has dropped below $500 while RIM continues to struggle against resistance at the $15 level.
    01-15-13 08:35 AM
    been on a downward slide this morning.
    hopefully this stops soon and gets up above $15.
    01-15-13 09:07 AM
    Just some profit taking, likely.
    01-15-13 09:15 AM
    Profit taking...my personal "guess" is 15 will be a significant hurdle....time will tell.
    01-15-13 09:16 AM
    Up 25% in 2 days, some pullback, nothing unusual.

Next wave soon enough.
    01-15-13 09:28 AM
    Yup. Taking profits. And buying Apple below $500 LoL
    01-15-13 09:29 AM
    Yep they broke that 500 barrier,fugly. Nice to see the street now see RIM in a diff light. Clear sky ahead!
    01-15-13 09:35 AM
    Hahhaa....funny,
    01-15-13 09:36 AM
    Hahhaa....funny,
    This could be funnier,so far not getting many converts, will see shortly I guess.
    Live blog: Facebook's January 15 mystery event - Tech - IBNLive
    01-15-13 09:41 AM
    Apple's decline looks like mostly a sell off. It's getting dangerously close to its $419 low point. Would be shame for their stock to set a new low point in their 52 week range.
    01-15-13 09:41 AM
    This could be funnier,so far not getting many converts, will see shortly I guess.
    Live blog: Facebook's January 15 mystery event - Tech - IBNLive
    Thanks for sharing....don't they know they are done...toast....finished....hasn't anyone told them???
    01-15-13 09:52 AM
    I was on yahoo and someone posted this "I see facebook coming with a phone...with RIMM....remember RIMM had two phones for the FCC , one secret phone...you will know soon...If it's a Facebook RIMM phone (like a licence deal) ...RIMM is at 16$ tonight"

Remember this Unknown BlackBerry 10 devices hits the FCC with LTE support in tow, likely the Z10 | MobileSyrup.com ? Could it be?
    01-15-13 09:55 AM
113,250 ... 6970717273 ...