View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey Morgan! What's happening on the TA side? There seems to be a lack of bids?! Is any harm being done to the charts?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-17-17 10:25 AM
    Hey Morgan! What's happening on the TA side? There seems to be a lack of bids?! Is any harm being done to the charts?

Posted via CB10
    The stock has enjoyed a substantial rally from the $ 9.00/shr area to a new multi-year high. It makes sense that we could pull back a bit as those looking for a pop on the move to the NYSE step out of the trade. At 2.8 MM shares this morning, that's still some pretty good volume there, here's the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-oct-17-2017.jpg

It has become clear that we have some resistance at the multi-year high, makes sense as the stock is over-bought at that level. I think we have support now at $ 11.00/shr plus or minus a nickle. We can move sideways from here while we await more news. We are below an RSI = 70 and the only thing the might drag us down this week is the options expiry this Friday. I couldn't be happier with how the stock is trading, its all about Chen being surprised as new business occurs in Q3 that he wasn't expecting ... "again" (for a reference please see Q2). Let's find our footings here, let those that have to move on sell their positions and drift higher for the balance of this week. Rumour has it that we might hear something on the litigation front so hold onto your trade! GL
    _dimi_, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-17-17 10:58 AM
    http://m.digitaljournal.com/pr/3496481

In Avaya's settlement with Network-1, on 9/22, they appear to say they have estimated $305 million in claims still outstanding, or if they lose, it could be substantially higher. Not sure how many other companies are currently in a lawsuit with Avaya?

"Under the Debtors' First Amended Joint Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization of Avaya Inc. and Its Debtor Affiliates (the "Plan") which the Debtors filed with the Bankruptcy Court on August 24, 2017, and for which creditor votes are currently being solicited, the Debtors have estimated that the total amount of general unsecured claims that will ultimately be allowed will total approximately $305,000,000 ($305 million) which, based on the treatment of general unsecured creditors therein, would result in estimated recoveries for the holders of general unsecured claims of approximately 19.7%. The Debtors have acknowledged in the Plan that depending on its ability to successfully prosecute or otherwise reduce the remaining outstanding claims, the total amount of the general unsecured claims could be substantially higher which would decrease the percentage recoveries to the holders of general unsecured claims, including Network-1. In such an event, the amount recovered by Network-1 under its Allowed Claim could be substantially lower than 19.7%. A hearing to consider confirmation of the Plan is currently scheduled to commence on November 15, 2017. There is no assurance that the Bankruptcy Court will confirm the Plan or any other Chapter 11 plan, and no assurance of the recovery for general unsecured claims under either the Plan or any other Chapter 11 plan."

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    10-17-17 11:13 AM
    From yesterday, JC on BNN:
    BlackBerry CEO expects to 'deepen relationships' by moving to NYSE - Video - BNN

BlackBerry CEO expects to 'deepen relationships' by moving to NYSE
    John Chen, CEO of BlackBerry, joins BNN to discuss the benefits of moving Blackberry's U.S. listing from the NASDAQ to the New York Stock Exchange. He also talks about the global economy and working with small businesses in Canada.
    rarsen and alludba like this.
    10-17-17 12:41 PM
    And this guy has a $4.55 piece on it...
    Brian Acker discusses BlackBerry - Video - BNN

10-17-17 12:44 PM
    can anybody here explain on taxing will work on capital gains?

For example, if I put in $10k into a trade 5 years ago and now I've broken even and decide to sell off all $10k, I won't be taxed at all correct? As there are no capital gains?

What if I had put in $10k 5 years ago, and now my full valuation is at $12. If I decide to sell off $5k worth of shares, how does taxation on this work? How much of this will I be taxed?
    10-17-17 01:03 PM
    And this guy has a $4.55 piece on it...
    Brian Acker discusses BlackBerry - Video - BNN

What a complete moron. Only valuing it below net cash would have been even more laughable

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 02:34 PM
    Thanks a lot Morgan!!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-17-17 02:41 PM
    MOBL has just guided down.. will try to find a link

Edit: also a new CEO has been appointed.

http://www.conferencecalltranscripts...y2/?id=4230244

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 03:11 PM
    MOBL has just guided down.. will try to find a link

Edit: also a new CEO has been appointed.

http://www.conferencecalltranscripts...y2/?id=4230244

Posted via CB10
    I'll not be too surprised if JC swoops in and buys them. I can't say I fully remember what price Morgan proposed as a go-ahead price, but $2-3 dollars perhaps? If the earnings is bad, those numbers can probably happen quickly.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    10-17-17 03:41 PM
    I'll not be too surprised if JC swoops in and buys them. I can't say I fully remember what price Morgan proposed as a go-ahead price, but $2-3 dollars perhaps? If the earnings is bad, those numbers can probably happen quickly.
    In my opinion it's not worth the cash for potential clients. That's my two cents worth.

Cheers mates and all the best!
    Corbu, morganplus8, zlatno and 2 others like this.
    10-17-17 06:59 PM
    Morgan Stanley

October 18, 2017

James E. Faucette

MobileIron

Another Management Transition

MOBL pre-announced missed FQ3 billings/revenue expectations, followed by a CEO transition. We have remained on the sidelines until we see evidence of uptick of new products beyond EMM, something multiple management transitions keep postponing.

Negative pre-announce points to continuation of challenges in core space. Traction with new products is ultimately what could turn us more positive on MOBL as their core EMM business is increasingly competitive and seeing slowing growth (expecting <10% billings growth in 2017). It is difficult for MOBL as a standalone company to compete with an increasingly consolidated landscape (e.g. VMW/Airwatch, Citrix/Zenprise, BlackBerry/Good), which has forced them to develop new growth engines (cloud security with their Access product, Windows 10 with their Bridge product, and IoT). They already have meaningful relationships with thousands of enterprise customers, making the Access and Windows 10 products something that could expand the ARPU of current customers. This should ultimately help them escape the volatility of a competitive/slowing EMM market, but is something we have yet to see meaningful traction with (pre-announced Q3 billings expected to be $49.5mm to $50.5mm vs. $50.6mm expectation, Q3 revenue expected to be $42mm to $43mm vs. $45.2mm expectation).

Management transitions add up and continue to cause disruption. MobileIron has been public a little over three years, and by our calculation, in that time has had three CEO's, three CFO's and three head of sales (including transitions announced today). Simon Biddiscombe, previously the CFO, was announced to be the new CEO, President and member of the Board, as the company and previous CEO, Barry Mainz, decided to part ways (Shawn Ayers, VP Finance, to become new CFO). Simon has held CEO positions in addition to CFO previously, namely at QLogic for three years. While the company certainly hasn't shown complacency with slowing growth (45% billings growth in 2014 vs. 9% 2017e), the sheer number of management transitions makes it difficult for the company to mount any sort of meaningful momentum.

Estimates revised down. Our Q3 and 17 rev / EPS estimates are now $42.7mm / ($0.07) and $175mm / ($0.26) vs. $45mm / ($0.05) and $180mm / ($0.19) previously. While we wait for more color on what led to the weaker quarter (don't have clarity as to whether a result of large deals, new products, perpetual/subscription mix, overall market slowdown) we have also applied some deceleration to 2018 (though expect the company to remain CF positive for both 17 and 18).

Remain EW, $4.50 PT. Our valuation (1.6x EV/18e Rev) is in-line with software peers on a revenue growth basis who have had past Q/Q volatility issues. We think there is meaningful optionality and potential to trade more in-line with growth adjusted peers if partnerships and new products were successful, but given these products were all announced in the last couple of months, we would like to get a sense of execution before stepping into the name.
    10-17-17 10:16 PM
    Canaccord Genuity T. Michael Walkley raised his financial estimates and target price for shares of BlackBerry Ltd. (BB-N, BB-T) after “upbeat” investor meetings with chief executive officer John Chen and chief financial officer Steve Capelli on Monday.

The executives were in New York to mark the company’s listing moving to the NYSE from the NASDAQ, and, according to Mr. Walkley, to “celebrate its transformation and rebranding opportunity.”

“With BlackBerry completing its transformation from a hardware-centric smartphone OEM to an enterprise software company, management views the change in listing as a branding event to highlight its transformation and focus on growing its business with leading enterprises, many of which are also listed on the NYSE,” he said. “Over the next year, the Enterprise Services and Solutions (‘ESS’) division will drive the majority of revenue growth, and we have modeled this division growing 14 per cent in fiscal 2019 and 12 per cent in fiscal 2020. We believe our F19 estimates are consistent with management’s guidance for double digit growth in bookings for F2018, highlighted by the 19-per-cent year-over-year growth discussed on the Q2/F18 conference call.

“Longer term, management anticipates the BlackBerry Technology Solutions (BTS) business to drive the next leg of growth with its design win momentum for its QNX business with automotive ecosystem chipset suppliers such as Qualcomm and Nvidia, automotive suppliers such as Delphi, and automotive OEMs such as Ford. Management also highlighted its technology licensing business that it believes should generate roughly $100-million annually in lumpy technology licensing revenue augmented by its smartphone OEM licensees starting to sell BlackBerry devices such as TCL. Finally, management highlighted its $1.9-billion in net cash and focus to deploy this capital to generate growth through both investing in growing sales channels and technology competencies through either ongoing hiring efforts or potential acquisitions.”

Mr. Walkley said he’s “impressed” with the management’s ability to transform the company from a hardware device manufacturer to an enterprise software and services provider.

He increased his projections for both 2019 and 2020 due largely to longer-term QNX automotive opportunities.

“We believe the recent announcement with Delphi to support QNX secure OS and Hypervisor in their autonomous driving platform validates QNX OS beyond their historical strength in infotainment,” the analyst said. “We believe BlackBerry’s market share in infotainment is greater than 50 per cent and nearly all of the current royalty revenue in Blackberry Technology Solutions is derived from infotainment. Competitors in infotainment OS are primarily open source Linux and Google’s Android with Linux the number two market share at roughly 20 per cent. We also expect these platforms to compete with new emerging use cases as the architecture of a vehicle changes from 60-100 disparate electronic control units in a vehicle to 10-12 domain control units in a vehicle controlling multiple functions inside the vehicle.”

“BlackBerry’s secure hypervisor is valuable in this new architecture as a result of its ability to separate multiple functions running on a single CPU or high-performance computing unit. We believe QNX is well positioned to grow its dollar content per automobile longer-term from its current leading infotainment market share. We believe design wins with Qualcomm, Nvidia, Ford, and Delphi demonstrate QNX’s potential long-term growth potential. We believe ASPs on infotainment modules have declined over time due to competition from Linux and Google and are currently around $1.50 to $2.50 per automobile. However, we expect the revenue opportunity for QNX per auto to potentially increase 3X or more from new opportunities in ADAS, telematics, digital cluster and other opportunities. However, we view QNX as more a medium-term growth driver as the recent Delphi announcement will likely enter the model in roughly 18 to 24 months with the Ford win several quarters ago likely to start generating revenue in roughly 9 more months.”

His 2019 and 2020 sales estimates rose to $911.9-million (U.S.) and $1.081-billion, respectively, from $908.5-million and $1.001-billion. His 2019 earnings per share projection remains 5 cents, while his 2020 expectation jumped to 20 cents from 12 cents.

Based on those changes, he bumped his target price for the stock to $11 (U.S.) from $10. Consensus is $10.25.

“Overall, we believe BlackBerry has stabilized its business and cost structure and now has the balance sheet to invest in driving growth for its targeted enterprise of things end markets,” said Mr. Walkley. “We continue to believe our current estimates and price target fairly value the company based on our updated model. While we are impressed with what the team has accomplished the past several years, we maintain our HOLD rating based on the current share price near our increased price target.”
    10-17-17 10:59 PM
    Or Chen & Co can go all Vulture and pick off their clients one by one...
    10-18-17 12:59 AM
    I've always been interested in the idea of buying MOBL customers (at the right price) then consolidating platforms and cross sell / up sell.
    10-18-17 01:06 AM
    Although we don't know MobileIron's quarterly results yet, Faucette is obviously biased!!! What a poor analysis, counting the number of CEO's, CFO's... that have left the company and giving them a EW PT of 4.5 while they're trading at 3.4 pre-market. Reason being? Some of their software peers experienced some QoQ revenue volatility issues too.....

This guy is either guessing or corrupt.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-17 01:08 AM
    Wow.. Dow Jones runs through 23000..

Posted via CB10
    10-18-17 09:50 AM
    Here's my take on the MOBL acquisition thought. In 2016 the stock dropped to $ 2.60/shr on 80 MM shares plus $ 100 MM in cash, it's a buy down there with $ 160 MM in revenue at that time. Fast forward to today, the share float has risen to 90 MM shares, they have $ 90 MM in cash and the stock is trading at $ 3.40/shr. And so the only factor that has improved is their revenues are slated to be $ 177 MM for this fiscal year.

As of right now, they fired the CEO, we don't know why but when this happens there is usually a VERY good reason. They appointed a CFO, that's right, a CFO to take his place, the only good a CFO can do is to find a buyer for the company. Their problem isn't a fiscal one, it's not a management issue, it's a technical one that needs someone with 20 plus years of high tech and the credentials to rock that space in a big way.

Fast forward on the valuation, they can't be lumped into the pool with promising tech EMM players, they need to be valuated as a stumbling tech firm that is missing leadership and a broad spectrum of services in their portfolio. For many reasons, Chen is far better off to spend his time and money competing directly with them now. Until they approach him for a purchase of the business, let it die its own death.

I would have to say that a purchase, for me anyway, is now in the low $ 2.00/shr area with a 20% premium added to that. The stock isn't trading at a level that defines the gravity of their problems today. At $ 3.42/shr JF is giving them a lifeline by applying such a high valuation of $ 4.50/shr. If this were BlackBerry, we would be hearing about valuations as low as cash today. Can you believe anything these clowns say any more?

I know we got a good laugh at of Brain Acker the other day when he stated his quant model values BB at cash. His model is old, he hasn't updated it lately and it basically looks at EPS which BlackBerry doesn't have. In addition, no one factors in cash because the vast majority of companies out there use a line of credit to finance their operations. If you can, find out what his model says about Apple.

Stock is doing very well, I saw it heading for that big round number of $ 11.00/shr for option expiry and so far it is holding up well.
    10-18-17 10:13 AM
    General interest article about dropping values of smartphones:

Hold the phone, smart shoppers – that new iPhone will drop in value even faster than a new car
    https://moneyish.com/upgrade/hold-th...han-a-new-car/
    10-18-17 11:05 AM
    10-18-17 11:38 AM
    morganplus8, rarsen and alludba like this.
    10-18-17 01:01 PM
    Boy BlackBerry really has come a long way. I still remember the time as a BB owner/employee I'd sneer at the whole "we have an app for that" slogan... it really feels like yesterday and now number of apps actually became a selling point when the majority of phones in the world are Android...
    10-18-17 01:10 PM
    Regarding mobl

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of MobileIron, Inc.

And

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Goldberg Law PC Announces an Investigation of MobileIron, Inc.

And relating to apps, old but wise!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pcwo...-risk.amp.html
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    10-18-17 07:12 PM
    Old reading material in regards to Mobl, but still good.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnews...hreatened.aspx
    10-18-17 07:46 PM
    Here's my take on the MOBL acquisition thought. In 2016 the stock dropped to $ 2.60/shr on 80 MM shares plus $ 100 MM in cash, it's a buy down there with $ 160 MM in revenue at that time. Fast forward to today, the share float has risen to 90 MM shares, they have $ 90 MM in cash and the stock is trading at $ 3.40/shr. And so the only factor that has improved is their revenues are slated to be $ 177 MM for this fiscal year.

As of right now, they fired the CEO, we don't know why but when this happens there is usually a VERY good reason. They appointed a CFO, that's right, a CFO to take his place, the only good a CFO can do is to find a buyer for the company. Their problem isn't a fiscal one, it's not a management issue, it's a technical one that needs someone with 20 plus years of high tech and the credentials to rock that space in a big way.

Fast forward on the valuation, they can't be lumped into the pool with promising tech EMM players, they need to be valuated as a stumbling tech firm that is missing leadership and a broad spectrum of services in their portfolio. For many reasons, Chen is far better off to spend his time and money competing directly with them now. Until they approach him for a purchase of the business, let it die its own death.

I would have to say that a purchase, for me anyway, is now in the low $ 2.00/shr area with a 20% premium added to that. The stock isn't trading at a level that defines the gravity of their problems today. At $ 3.42/shr JF is giving them a lifeline by applying such a high valuation of $ 4.50/shr. If this were BlackBerry, we would be hearing about valuations as low as cash today. Can you believe anything these clowns say any more?

I know we got a good laugh at of Brain Acker the other day when he stated his quant model values BB at cash. His model is old, he hasn't updated it lately and it basically looks at EPS which BlackBerry doesn't have. In addition, no one factors in cash because the vast majority of companies out there use a line of credit to finance their operations. If you can, find out what his model says about Apple.

Stock is doing very well, I saw it heading for that big round number of $ 11.00/shr for option expiry and so far it is holding up well.
    Thank you for your perspective Morgan!
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    10-18-17 11:28 PM
113,250 ... 41594160416141624163 ...