View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Merrill Lynch report in its entirety.

There are some things worth reading in there (Fedex, Radar, etc.).

Attachment 430031
    Thanks for the full report!
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-22-17 02:44 PM
    FWIW: Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, Emtek ( BBM's licensee ) continues to make headway in digital payments. It will be nice if BBM gets a slice of the potential, even in a minute scale. Hoping that ER will bring some insight. Remember not too long ago, the BBM changes that went by . Have a good weekend everyone.

https://e27.co/emtek-ant-financial-p...esia-20170922/
    09-22-17 03:14 PM
    Because....BlackBerry. Good news=Downgrade. Negative analyst reports are stuffed into desk drawers waiting for good news to bring them out. Nothing much has changed that way for 5 years. BBRY is a trading stock as well as long term investment.
    Had a good laugh! Thanks mate!
    09-22-17 04:32 PM
    well.. In other news I've finally bought some more SPHS.
    09-22-17 04:35 PM
    Corbu thanks for the reading material mate! RBC proudly Canadian, and the other (which I refuse to write) USA. Buy buy Apple, buy buy google, buy buy anything USA. Prapagada that I once fell into. I only buy good things and that isn't the story line.
    Corbu likes this.
    09-22-17 05:27 PM
    09-22-17 05:32 PM
    Me again... lol.... Will test the 200 yet again before making a meanigful leg forward. Don't worry... it' ain't too much lower.
    Christophe Piquemal and W Hoa like this.
    09-22-17 06:46 PM
    New Sales VP
    Kate Rahn
    Vice President Sales at BlackBerry
    Canada - Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-rahn-20420810/
    09-22-17 06:49 PM
    I may already have posted this. If so, apologies:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dan...car-1505700481
    The Dangers of the Hackable Car

09-22-17 06:55 PM
    Has CB been hacked?? First thanks, second likes, and now signing into CB Web site. I need my security expert!
    09-22-17 07:15 PM
    I may already have posted this. If so, apologies:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dan...car-1505700481
    The Dangers of the Hackable Car
    Apologies accepted mate . Lol

This is why I'm still riding a muel.

Old news as many have stated (on this great thread ) their thoughts on this matter.

Cheers!
    Corbu likes this.
    09-22-17 07:21 PM
    How is it possible to go up almost a full dollar the other day on great positive news and in two days it gets wiped out? This is crazy.
    09-22-17 07:35 PM
    How is it possible to go up almost a full dollar the other day on great positive news and in two days it gets wiped out? This is crazy.
    It's not crazy at all! It's how can they get your dollar from you! In my years of investing I have learned that the best products do not survive but instead what serves the purpose. Be wise and a penny earned is a penny you never had.

Cheers!
    09-22-17 07:43 PM
    09-23-17 12:24 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The stock continues to be highly manipulated by hedge funds and day traders and such... the fact that revenues continue to decline quarter after quarter with guidance that is either lacking or not very reliable gives fuel to the stock manipulators and shorts that this company is not growing as one would believe... the CEO does not actively support the stock price..at least short term..so it's a risky play and a long term one... actions must demonstrate that this company is worth investing in

Posted via CB10
    anon(9100201) and morganplus8 like this.
    09-23-17 01:04 PM
    Mostly empty calories here but a news heading on Forbes like this is, uh....different.

BlackBerry Beats Apple

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#35f3e86fe81b
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 3 others like this.
    09-23-17 01:52 PM
    The stock continues to be highly manipulated by hedge funds and day traders and such... the fact that revenues continue to decline quarter after quarter with guidance that is either lacking or not very reliable gives fuel to the stock manipulators and shorts that this company is not growing as one would believe... the CEO does not actively support the stock price..at least short term..so it's a risky play and a long term one... actions must demonstrate that this company is worth investing in

Posted via CB10
    Until BlackBerry regains their upward momentum, this is probably not the best short term play stock.

My view is that a CEO does not necessarily need to be a cheerleader of their stock, but instead perform actions that generate or focus on developing the long term value of the company. The better the long-term value developed, the larger the stock increase will be when the market revalues the company.

Actions from BlackBerry has mainly been long-term accretive Imo. When John first came into BlackBerry, first thing he did was reduced costs massively to ensure the company survived.
    Next, as controversial as it was with the mobile division, he squeezed as much value as he could while biding time to reduce the huge contractual liabilities BlackBerry had with regards to manufacturing.
    Under John, BlackBerry has also received royalties and repayments through his teams efforts in reviewing and squeezing value from the assets and making sure that they got the best deal possible.

We seem to finally be in a real spot where a turnaround is possible, especially with QNX, Radar, taking the forefront of that possibility.

I write this having experienced a rollercoaster of five years with the many of you. Having weathered so much, so far, I hope that all of us here will be able to reap the rewards seemingly visible in the near future.
    09-23-17 04:00 PM
    Until BlackBerry regains their upward momentum, this is probably not the best short term play stock.

My view is that a CEO does not necessarily need to be a cheerleader of their stock, but instead perform actions that generate or focus on developing the long term value of the company. The better the long-term value developed, the larger the stock increase will be when the market revalues the company.

Actions from BlackBerry has mainly been long-term accretive Imo. When John first came into BlackBerry, first thing he did was reduced costs massively to ensure the company survived.
    Next, as controversial as it was with the mobile division, he squeezed as much value as he could while biding time to reduce the huge contractual liabilities BlackBerry had with regards to manufacturing.
    Under John, BlackBerry has also received royalties and repayments through his teams efforts in reviewing and squeezing value from the assets and making sure that they got the best deal possible.

We seem to finally be in a real spot where a turnaround is possible, especially with QNX, Radar, taking the forefront of that possibility.

I write this having experienced a rollercoaster of five years with the many of you. Having weathered so much, so far, I hope that all of us here will be able to reap the rewards seemingly visible in the near future.
    BlackBerry still lacks execution and John Chen failed so far miserably to turn projects and products into meaningful revenues

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 04:35 PM
    Lots of options expired worthless or near worthless on Friday:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ouch2.jpg
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    09-23-17 06:31 PM
    For those who contribute so much to this tread (you know who you are) THANKS!!!

I was enjoying a day of summer which we never had and this caught my eye. Lol
    Last edited by bbjdog; 09-23-17 at 08:34 PM.
    rampagingpanda and Corbu like this.
    09-23-17 07:55 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-20170923_173832.jpg
    La Emperor, Corbu and dusdal like this.
    09-23-17 07:58 PM
    BlackBerry still lacks execution and John Chen failed so far miserably to turn projects and products into meaningful revenues

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your reply muhlan.

While I agree that BlackBerry has had some missteps on their execution leading up to this point, there hasn't really been a major new project that could have driven revenues materially until now (except for Good Technology). Good Technology was a good success in driving BlackBerry's EMM strength, and the best part is getting that asset (and existing revenues) at a significant discount. You can see the industry's recognition through Gartner reports, after incorporating Good into their core offerings.

As I mentioned in my previous message, QNX and RADAR are the two major opportunities going forward. These opportunities will take time to fully develop.

For QNX, we are seeing the first major steps to developing the revenue stream via partnerships. I can only begin to imagine how difficult it must have been to strike such a significant deal with Delphi. QNX revenues may have been limited in the past, due to limited feature offerings as an infotainment system. I am assuming that these partnerships with Ford and Delphi (when partner products begin to roll out) will be much more than just a few dollars per car.

For RADAR, it takes time for channels to develop and for the industry to take notice. I am looking for more wins in the upcoming quarter, such as a full deployment with FedEx, or wins with UPS/Walmart/Amazon sized companies. From the discussion that we've seen on pricing, the recurring revenue could one day be as sizeable as SAF if this product portfolio takes off.
    Last edited by rampagingpanda; 09-23-17 at 11:50 PM.
    09-23-17 10:52 PM
    Thanks for your reply muhlan.

While I agree that BlackBerry has had some missteps on their execution leading up to this point, there hasn't really been a major new project that could have driven revenues materially until now (except for Good Technology). Good Technology was a good success in driving BlackBerry's EMM strength, and the best part is getting that asset (and existing revenues) at a significant discount. You can see the industry's recognition through Gartner reports, after incorporating Good into their core offerings.

As I mentioned in my previous message, QNX and RADAR are the two major opportunities going forward. These opportunities will take time to fully develop.

For QNX, we are seeing the first major steps to developing the revenue stream via partnerships. I can only begin to imagine how difficult it must have been to strike such a significant deal with Delphi. QNX revenues may have been limited in the past, due to limited feature offerings as an infotainment system. I am assuming that these partnerships with Ford and Delphi (when partner products begin to roll out) will be much more than just a few dollars per car.

For RADAR, it takes time for channels to develop and for the industry to take notice. I am looking for more wins in the upcoming quarter, such as a full deployment with FedEx, or wins with UPS/Walmart/Amazon sized companies. From the discussion that we've seen on pricing, the recurring revenue could one day be as sizeable as SAF if this product portfolio takes off.
    All your points are valid ones and I totally agree. What I meant with lack of execution is

- that John Chen handled the exit of the hardware business very bad in my opinion,
    - that he shifted the focues too late on building a good sales force
    - that he does not open communicate about the strategy and the vision regarding BBM (I mean if BBM could really become the WeChat of Indonesia and Africa we are talking about Whatsapp like valuation)
    - that John Chen still is not good in communication with investors and analysts

All that lead to a sub par performance of the shareprice which has moved almost zero since John Chen became CEO four years ago and that is really a very very poor record

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 03:50 AM
    From the discussion that we've seen on pricing, the recurring revenue could one day be as sizeable as SAF if this product portfolio takes off.
    Recurring revenue is the be all and end all for BlackBerry. The SAF model was what built BlackBerry. The hardware was the means to get them there.

Looking at the current self-driving and software dependent auto market you realize that, because of the subscription model they use for advanced software, the automakers are going to be pulling in many millions of dollars well into the future from cars that left the factory years earlier.
    09-24-17 09:13 AM
    Good Technology was a good success in driving BlackBerry's EMM strength, and the best part is getting that asset (and existing revenues) at a significant discount. You can see the industry's recognition through Gartner reports, after incorporating Good into their core offerings.
    Good's acquisition came just in time too. I imagine John Chen was looking at acquiring Good a long time before they loaned them money preceeding the acquisition. Transitioning out of handsets would mean their EMM product BES, would've lost significant business too. Good's platform enabled the transition to BES UEM (BES 12.6+) as the BB handset management features were allowed to go into maintenance mode and sunset.

QNX revenues may have been limited in the past, due to limited feature offerings as an infotainment system. I am assuming that these partnerships with Ford and Delphi (when partner products begin to roll out) will be much more than just a few dollars per car.
    I think the Delphi partnership will strengthen BBRY's ties to GM. Didn't Delphi spin off from GM and isn't Delphi one of GM's primary Tier1 suppliers? GM was already using QNX for OnStar, and to me, it sounded like QNX white-labeled their development platform to GM so GM could attempt their own app-store development initiative last year or the year before. I'm hoping BBRY announces a Tier1 relationship directly with GM.
    09-24-17 02:19 PM
113,250 ... 41434144414541464147 ...