Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: Ford
    Ford Announces More Management Changes--Update | Fox Business

Among other changes announced Thursday is the return of Sherif Marakby to Ford as a vice president, running electric-car and autonomous-vehicle development. Mr. Marakby recently left Uber Technologies Inc., where he lead global-vehicle programs for the ride-hailing firm as it sought to develop its own robo-taxi fleet.
    05-25-17 10:23 AM
    Thought I would update my chart today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-may-25-2017.png

What a great bounce back from yesterday. We spent the balance of the afternoon yesterday building support for today. It worked as the stock dropped back briefly to support and then took off. Since then, we are only held back by the Bollinger Bands at this time. Despite the BB's limiting our advance today, we look strong all day now and the bids are back to being larger than the asks. I think we can close higher, maybe even $ 11.30/shr today, which sets us up for a new 2-year high tomorrow. Another excellent correction and resulting advance.

PS. Update from my head surgeon, he was beside himself this morning, thinks that we have the best outcome possible for the surgery and it might just be on their new state-of-the-art 3-D camera system so I'm going to be getting a copy of an insane surgery! I couldn't be happier but there is still 2 more months of pain before we can officially declare me cured. The catch is that I must be alive two months from now to collect my video, funny guy. Lots of pain but it is looking good. GL
    05-25-17 01:20 PM
    Thanks for the update, Morgan! Hang in there!
    05-25-17 01:25 PM
    good luck Morgan and hang in there!
    05-25-17 01:36 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    We all wish you a complete and health recovery!.. and thanks, as always, on behalf of everyone here for continuing to find time to post your valuable insights... bpd

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 02:08 PM
    Hey Morgan, Hope you heal completely.

I think the pain you are feeling is your brain transmitting signals to the BBRY traders. Your thoughts on where the SP is heading seem to be spot on!!
    05-25-17 02:24 PM
    Great to hear Morgan. You'll have to share the video.
    05-25-17 05:06 PM
    For weekend reading, on some evolving background developments???

China Tech Industry: Why Founders Needn't Worry About Wall Street | Fortune.com

remembering the link with Emtek recently setting up a joint venture with China’s Ant Financial, with the intention to launch a new mobile payments product as well as other financial services using BBM.
    https://www.techinasia.com/emtek-acq...-stake-in-doku
    05-25-17 05:53 PM
    Morgan, amazing to hear the surgery went so well. As always... All the best in your recovery.

And loving your chart updates

Cheers!
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    05-25-17 05:55 PM
    Hey Morgan, do you have any opinion on Acad weakness? Everyday has been red since the last quarterly results and it seems like a fund is getting rid of the position, just debating if I should just sell and wait or buy more options lol
    Corbu, Mr BBRY and morganplus8 like this.
    05-25-17 07:14 PM
    Thought I would update my chart today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY May 25 2017.png 
Views:	498 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	423884

What a great bounce back from yesterday. We spent the balance of the afternoon yesterday building support for today. It worked as the stock dropped back briefly to support and then took off. Since then, we are only held back by the Bollinger Bands at this time. Despite the BB's limiting our advance today, we look strong all day now and the bids are back to being larger than the asks. I think we can close higher, maybe even $ 11.30/shr today, which sets us up for a new 2-year high tomorrow. Another excellent correction and resulting advance.

PS. Update from my head surgeon, he was beside himself this morning, thinks that we have the best outcome possible for the surgery and it might just be on their new state-of-the-art 3-D camera system so I'm going to be getting a copy of an insane surgery! I couldn't be happier but there is still 2 more months of pain before we can officially declare me cured. The catch is that I must be alive two months from now to collect my video, funny guy. Lots of pain but it is looking good. GL
    BlackBerry aside, that's amazing news about the surgery and your recovery. You have a huge cheering section on this forum.

I think we should all watch the video at the $100 party, screw it, let's make it the $45 party! See you soon!
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    05-25-17 07:18 PM
    Glad to hear the surgery went well Morgan. Speedy recovery!
    05-25-17 07:33 PM
    05-25-17 07:46 PM
    Speaking of Avaya, go figure:

Tech News, Product Reviews & Video Interviews by IT World Canada
    8 hours ago - BlackBerry KeyOne First Look – All Hands on Tech ... Making the smart choice: how to find the right communications solutions. Sponsored By: Avaya ...
    05-25-17 08:32 PM
    Talk of a comeback - CBC Player

a video with Gus discussing his $45 target price
    05-26-17 12:42 AM
    Talk of a comeback - CBC Player

a video with Gus discussing his $45 target price
    Hi Kadakn01, I remember not too long ago, you mentioned your HF friends didn't bother to cover their shorts until they see revenue growth. Do you still touch base with them? Would you share their recent thoughts and actions?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 01:08 AM
    I very rarely post on here but I do check in regularly for the invaluable insight. Just wanted to say all the best for continued success with the surgery Morgan. And also thank you everyone for your contributions.

It is nice to be well into the green with my BlackBerry investment, now if sphs could actually do something, that would be great too...

All the best gang.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    05-26-17 06:09 AM
    I very rarely post on here but I do check in regularly for the invaluable insight. Just wanted to say all the best for continued success with the surgery Morgan. And also thank you everyone for your contributions.

It is nice to be well into the green with my BlackBerry investment, now if sphs could actually do something, that would be great too...

All the best gang.
    All great points !

I think I have gotten spoiled with the recent BlackBerry stock price jumps, and we will probably be range bound until they release some more great news or great forward guidance.
    But it sure is nice to be at these levels. Another QNX car deal would blow the whole thing wide open, and that first OTA ford update when it happens will be great news too.

I am still surprise why Google has not bought them yet, I would obviously want a large premium if they did, but they have so many things that would benefit Google, but then again, may be it would all get lost in Googles caverns.

Apple I think will never buy BlackBerry, because that would be some sort of admission of inferiority

As far as SPHS goes, I think once they announce that first dosing, that should be a nice bump to the stock, and since past MRI's have shown reduction in tumor in as little as 2 weeks, I think the companies that are interested in taking over sphs, will be eager to see those results, even though we won't get to see them.

So I'm my mind, once dosing starts, within a month we may get some great news.

Keep it up Morgan!
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    05-26-17 06:22 AM
    BlackBerry Announces Final Award in Qualcomm Arbitration

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 26, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) announced today that it has reached an agreement with Qualcomm Incorporated resolving all amounts payable in connection with the interim arbitration decision announced on April 12, 2017.

Following a joint stipulation by the parties, the arbitration panel has issued a final award providing for the payment by Qualcomm to BlackBerry of a total amount of U.S.$940,000,000 including interest and attorneys' fees, net of certain royalties due from BlackBerry for calendar 2016 and the first quarter of calendar 2017. Qualcomm will pay the full amount of the final award on or before May 31, 2017.
    05-26-17 07:08 AM
    Now that's Called a "Real Pay Day" for BlackBerry.
    Hi Morgan, Get healthy Bro. It has been long enough now. Wish you a great recovery.
    Thanks for contributing and staying on board through Good Bad ugly and good days.
    I hope that Blaze or CK will allow us to post some Meat every once in a while for celebration sakes and have fun like the old times.
    Thanks every one for contributing to this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, _dimi_ and 5 others like this.
    05-26-17 08:03 AM
    Hey Morgan, do you have any opinion on Acad weakness? Everyday has been red since the last quarterly results and it seems like a fund is getting rid of the position, just debating if I should just sell and wait or buy more options lol
    Hi slipstream89 !!

I think some of that weakness is related to the IBB Index itself. You have a sector that can't be lit up, still below it's 50-dma for the longest time and a stock that is mid tier and noticable to many more investors versus a stock like SPHS. The whole sector would pop with an Index that is bullish. I mentioned in a message or so ago that I hoped you sold the stock at $ 35.00 and bought those calls at $ 32.00. That way you will out-live the dip and grow the investment again without further risk. The stock is a solid buy, it is over sold and worth owning for sure. You have to consider it needs to repair the TA on its current drop (time) and to build a bit of a base in order to pop again, but it will .... so go long on those calls. GL
    Corbu, 2vince6, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    05-26-17 10:48 AM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for those kind words, I think this is the first time I have offered an update on my own. It was a surreal day, glad my wife was there to witness it as I never realized how emotional this surgery was for the lead surgeon. He told us he screamed in the middle of the surgery and changed the procedure immediately when he noticed something. I might get to see that moment in 3D now. He was very emotional about the outcome and even asked if I would consider coming out of retirement to work with him , crazy. You couldn't write this scipt if you tried. Let's see how it goes from here!

Thanks again to everyone and a special shout out to the mods that let us go off topic like this, that's the human side of the business playing out there.

As for BBRY - I awoke to it being up today rather than pulling back as I thought might happen. The rally to $ 11.54/shr didn't have the volume attached to it to sustain that level. Now we are seeing some exhaustion set in as I believe we are fully valued based upon the news to date. Someone here will have to find the next driver, perhaps the annual meeting or the next Q. The thing with BBRY is that it is now on the "popular investment" map, they will only give us positive news in the months ahead and its hard to see a stock going down (see MOBL for ridicuous rallies) so we might see some great support. I would also point out that we are going to see 80 - 100 MM shares trade above $ 11.00 so that base level of entry is in itself insulation from declines. My pivot number for BBRY is $ 11.13/shr and I would like to see the stock trend above that level most of the time until we work off the over-bought issue short-term. Best of luck in this and I hope as always to hear from everyone of you that you made money in BlackBerry!
    kadakn01, sidhuk, W Hoa and 14 others like this.
    05-26-17 11:22 AM
    http://www.businessinsider.com/franc...e-crash-2017-5
    I don't believe this.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    05-26-17 11:41 AM
    I am still surprise why Google has not bought them yet, I would obviously want a large premium if they did, but they have so many things that would benefit Google, but then again, may be it would all get lost in Googles caverns.
    Yeah, I agree that Google buying BB would make a ton of sense and could set up a compelling story for Google to tell (both in HW, SW, IOT, EMM etc.). That said, I'm not sure the top brass at Google see it that way, or they think they should build everything themselves.

Apple I think will never buy BlackBerry, because that would be some sort of admission of inferiority
    Personally I don't get these types of comments. Flesh out why it won't make sense. After all, Apple bought NEXT back in the day, and if Tim and the top team thinks it makes sense for them to buy BB they'd buy it in a heartbeat.

That said, looking at BB business model and product porfolio, it makes way less sense for Apple to buy them than Google or Microsoft. (Since the former has more or less a 100% vertical business model, while the other have horizontal.)
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-26-17 01:10 PM
    It looks like the long weekend started early today. The volume has all but disappeared.
    If you are in the US have a great long weekend.

Morgan I know yours was last weekend but take the time to recover. We will survive a few days without you, especially with the markets closed.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-26-17 02:35 PM
113,250 ... 40814082408340844085 ...