View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm in critical care recovering from a major surgery that might be my last. The equipment in that operating room was spectacular to say the least. I have 48 hours to go to be assured that the surgery will stick. The stock action is better medicine than anything they have given me so far. Keep it up guys. GL
    Good luck Morgan.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    05-16-17 01:52 PM
    M8, I hope you've found the treatment that works great. Best wishes in the recovery.
    05-16-17 01:57 PM
    05-16-17 02:26 PM
    G-d speed Morgan!

Well, I respectfully disagree. I think it went from negative value to zero because he totally de-risked it. That's a big accomplishment. I do think, though, that it is actually worth negligible amount now.
    Yep, imagine that! A leg of the business that was literally bleeding the entire company to death for years, leveraged at minimal risk for royalties. Amazing management and negotiation.
    05-16-17 02:26 PM
    The stock action is better medicine than anything they have given me so far.
    Ha! That's the best news I've heard all day. I'm so glad BBRY is giving you some sense of relief after your operation. More importantly, its great to see you're well and posting given your current condition. Now that's commitment! We are all pulling for you and wish you a complete and speedy recovery.

Now please get your rest so the docs can tell you once and for all you're done with these crazy elaborate procedures. We'll keep things going strong around here now that Chen has proven he's got our stock price covered and heading in the right direction. We welcome your return whenever you're ready. God bless.
    rarsen, Greened, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    05-16-17 02:38 PM
    Morgan, je ne m'exprimerais pas en Anglais parce que je ne suis pas équipé pour intellectuellement; mais nous sommes quelques uns de mon entourage, qui prions pour toi chaque jour.

SF ou Corbu traduiront ces quelques mots en anglais mieux que je n'aurais pu le faire.

Merci à vous tous.
    rarsen, Greened, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    05-16-17 02:50 PM
    '' Morgan I won't express myself in english because i'm not able to do it, but we're a bunch in my entourage that pray for you everyday'' ---traduction
    05-16-17 02:54 PM
    Morgan,

My best wishes at a speedy, healthy recovery.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    05-16-17 03:39 PM
    Thoughts and prayers are with you Morgan, and all the best wishes.
    05-16-17 04:29 PM
    Just now:
    BlackBerry working with automakers on anti-hack tool: analyst | Reuters

BlackBerry Ltd is working with at least two automakers to develop a security service that would remotely scan vehicles for computer viruses and tell drivers to pull over if they were in critical danger, according to a financial analyst.

The service, which would also be able to install security patches to an idle car, is being tested by luxury automakers Aston Martin and Range Rover, Macquarie analyst Gus Papageorgiou said in a note to clients sent late on Monday.

Auto security is among several areas that BlackBerry is betting will boost its revenue after the Canadian company lost its dominance of the smartphone market to Apple Inc and others over the past decade.

John Wall, the head of BlackBerry's QNX division, and company spokeswoman Sarah McKinney both declined to comment.

Matthew Clarke, a spokesman for Aston Martin, said in an email he was not aware of the company testing such a product. Representatives with Range Rover's parent company, Jaguar Land Rover, could not be reached for comment.

The service could be launched as early as next year, generating about $10 a month per vehicle for BlackBerry, according to Papageorgiou, who has followed BlackBerry for more than 15 years.

Vehicles increasingly rely on dozens of computers that connect to each other as well as the internet, mobile networks and Bluetooth communications systems that make them vulnerable to remote hacks.

"Although a connected, more software-centric automobile offers tremendous advantages to consumers, it also opens the doors to hackers," Papageorgiou wrote in his note.

Automaker interest in cyber security has risen dramatically since 2015, when two hacking experts uncovered vulnerabilities in Fiat Chrysler vehicles that led to a U.S. recall of 1.4 million autos.

BlackBerry shares rose 5.3 percent to close at C$13.84 after touching C$14.15, the highest since March 2015.
    05-16-17 04:47 PM
    From two weeks ago:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...owners-hacking
    Cybercrime on the high seas: the new threat facing billionaire superyacht owners

rarsen, JLagoon, Greened and 2 others like this.
    05-16-17 04:48 PM
    Get well soon Morgan, and thanks for all the recent BBRY Intel! Nice to see the SP going up and it has been a long time coming.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-17 05:09 PM
    For those with continued personal Security concerns:

FCC chairman voted to sell your browsing history — so we asked to see his | ZDNet
    Thanks to the FCC chairman, internet providers can now sell Americans' browsing histories for targeted advertising. In other words, Pai voted to allow internet providers to turn over your browsing history, but won't let anyone see his. But the rule rollback was met with considerable controversy and anger from privacy and rights groups, for fear that internet providers would be able to gather and sell data about your browsing history to marketers and other companies, including information on customer location, as well as as financial or health status information, and what people shop and search for.
    05-16-17 05:25 PM
    More details on Gus's report (Macquarie):
    https://www.streetinsider.com/Analys.../12911714.html
    BlackBerry (BBRY) Shares Surge as Analyst Makes Case for $45 Stock

BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) shares are sharply higher today (+6.2%) amid positive comments from Macquarie analyst Gus Papageorgiou which examines the ROI case for RADAR and takes a deeper dive into the competitive potential for RADAR & QNX on BBRY’s P&L. The conclusion of the deep dive suggests a potential price of $45 for BBRY shares.Papageorgiou highlighted the following:

• RADAR ROI –17% Reduction in Trailers: Feedback from some of BlackBerry’s lead customers on RADAR suggests they are seeing a reduction in the amount of trailers needed to manage existing sales thanks to the more efficient use of the assets.
    • Potential for increasing revenue: From RADAR’s ability to gather information such as load status, trucking companies may be able to use this data to enforce contracts and implement penalties. For example if a customer is allowed to keep the trailer for a week but after that time the trailer is still loaded, the trucking company can start charging penalties. RADAR facilitates the use of data to drive revenue where otherwise it would not be possible.
    • QNX – Modular architecture allows for greater safety & security: Unlike systems such as iOS, Android or Windows, which are monolithic architectures, QNX maintains a modular architecture which makes it more secure and stable – a key advantage when attempting to address highly regulated environments such as the automobile industry.
    • Taking ASP per car from $1.50 to $5.00+: By increasing the amount of software it sells to the auto industry QNX hopes to bump the ASP per car to 3x its current level.
    • New auto security service should get launched next year: BBRY is aiming at launching a new security service for the automobile next year that it hopes to turn into a recurring monthly service. A successful launch could materially impact the company’s revenue and profits.

Papageorgiou said it's not hard to see $2.0b of software revenue by F2020 & $1.82 in EPS. " As for RADAR, assume the company starts F2020 with 500,000 units in service and moves to 1.5m, averaging 1m units in service for the year at $20/month and selling 1m hardware units at 50% gross margin. For QNX assume the company has its software deployed in 111m units up from “over 60m” currently and moves the ASP per car from $1.50 to $5.00. For the “McAfee” service assume by 2020 the company has 10m cars on this service at $7.50/month. All combined that equates to $2.4b in revenue, $2.1b of which is software, and approximately $1.82 in EPS. Apply at 25 multiple and you get a $45 target."

Outperform price target of $11.80

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $9.63 yesterday.
    05-16-17 05:58 PM
    M8. Looks like BBRY is sending you some get well medicine. All the best to you. Looking forward to more of your sage advice.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-17 08:09 PM
    M8,

Hope your results are positive and stick! Thanks for all the knowledge and analysis you've provided over the years!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-17 08:53 PM
    Take care Morgan!
    05-16-17 09:15 PM
    I highly doubt BlackBerry could get that many Radar devices out. Also, the analysis doesn't seem to be accounting for the costs required to support BlackBerry Radar?
    I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but don't throw your life savings into this yet....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 05-16-17 at 11:51 PM.
    05-16-17 10:35 PM
    Wish you a speedy recovery Morgan! Stay strong!
    JLagoon, Greened, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    05-17-17 12:21 AM
    Hello everyone!

Morgan; have a successful and speedy recovery! Thank you for accompanying us with great insights as always.

Nice BBRY action yesterday; back to hitting the $10. I believe, patience will pay off. I would like to share a couple of BBRY charts. It has been a turbulent 4 years since BBRY went up to $18. The inquiry of why BBRY movement was turbulent for the past 4 years is as valid as why BBRY movement in the past 2 weeks has seemed pretty good (with strong indicators).

In the first daily chart. There appears to be a pattern of BBRY climbing from its average quarterly movement among the earnings report. It goes up in the middle between the two ER, and loses strength going into the next ER. The last one on March 31st, and the upcoming June 23rd is the 7th pattern. It has gone up. The difference between the 7th and the last 6 patterns is that the 7th one has significant volume compared to the lukewarm to unexciting volume of the past ones.

The way I see this is that the indicators (golden cross, RSI, MACD, DMI, and CMF), the news, and fundamentals signal that the market may have started to notice and appreciate the value and stabilization of the company performance. As most of you know and believe, there is much more to Blackberry than just being in the secure mobile phone business. 20 years from now, self-driving cars alone will have a pretty good future. And Blackberry is also in it—as one example.

In the second daily chart. We have 2 hammers (black arrows) that are followed with a break out the next days. I think, this is rare enough to notice. This means that there is a strong enough support to hold the “floor price” of the stock. In other words, some people in the market, including some shorts, may have started to anticipate the value of BBRY.

I perceive this similar to when you turn the steering wheel of a big ship, and you just started to notice that the ship has started to turn enough for you to notice.

Daily 1:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2017-05-17-1.39.17-am.png

Daily 2:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2017-05-17-1.32.32-am.png

Good luck to us all.
    Last edited by JLagoon; 05-17-17 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Bold for Morgan.
    05-17-17 01:13 AM
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/leave-no-one-behind-with-blackberrys-new-athoc-account-software-nasdaq-bbry-2216895.htm

May 17, 2017 07:00 ET
    "Leave No One Behind" with BlackBerry's New AtHoc Account Software

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 17, 2017) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB) is expanding the capability of its industry-leading crisis communication software to enable government agencies and large organizations to account for their people in real-time. Available today, the new AtHoc Account is a FedRAMP-authorized solution that automates personnel accountability and crisis communication processes by providing safety and availability status updates of people before, during and after an event - ultimately providing the information leaders need to make operational decisions.
    05-17-17 06:47 AM
    05-17-17 07:28 AM
    Strikes me that the current situation is making BBRY all the more attractive for a MSFT buyout... or at the very least a significant re-valuation of BBRY's underlying assets

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...rity_proposal/

IoT needs security, says Microsoft without even a small trace of irony
    Sysadmins, don't hurt your necks shaking your heads

Still reeling from criticism over the WannaCrypt attack, Microsoft has stuck its hat on a stick and raised it out of the trench to see how its proposals for Internet of Things security might be received.

Since IoT security is almost uniformly awful, it's probably a good thing that the creator of Windows XP Embedded wants to try and clean up some of the Internet of S**t before things get even worse.

Redmond's white paper (PDF) – are you sitting down? – reckons the tech sector can't fix things alone, and government should get involved, at the very least helping develop policies and guidelines.

What's government's role in this? The white paper sets out three areas it wants governments to create policies to support:

Serve as catalysts for the development of good IoT security practices;
    Build cross-disciplinary partnerships that encourage public-private collaboration and inter-agency cooperation; and
    Support initiatives that improve IoT security across borders.
    Microsoft adds that governments need to invest in IoT security training, education, and public awareness – a brilliant idea given how loose the governmental purse-strings are these days.

What about the rest of the ecosystem?

Manufacturers are told to design minimal rather than general purpose hardware; tamper-proof that hardware; build in security like encrypted storage and crypto keys; and provide secure upgrade paths.

Developers, integrators, and deployers also get recommendations specific to their roles.

Rather than dismissing the role of open source software, the paper suggests avoiding inactive components or libraries that don't have an active community, because bugs are unlikely to be patched.

There's a welcome recognition that “enhanced guidance” is needed for safety-critical sectors like healthcare, critical infrastructure, transport, utilities and the like – but little detail on what that might entail, alas.
    rarsen, FeitaInc, alludba and 3 others like this.
    05-17-17 08:29 AM
    without having read the paper, your recounting of it primusd, it seems that paper does not push a 'regulatory capture' agenda which I guess wouldn't have been too surprising.

MSFT might be a good bet for an acquirer of BBRY, but only some parts. (BBM, EMM, Android licensing etc. does not make sense for them I guess.)
    alludba likes this.
    05-17-17 10:15 AM
    You know confidence in BBRY has grown when it holds firm in a deeply red tape on the day.
    Corbu, Greened, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    05-17-17 10:24 AM
113,250 ... 40764077407840794080 ...