View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm not sure what expectations you had? How was this a bad thing today?

No partnership with IBM? That was only ever a rumor.
    No Instagram? Maybe maybe not - the icon was there.

I'm usually first on the "Wow that was a horrible showing" bandwagon, but I just don't see it this time. What were your expectations?
    IBM on stage together with BlackBerry ... acknowledging BB10 power and safety; how stronger the signal may be in the business area ?
    This general keynote was business oriented, IMHO and I believe it's a great thing. Except the few nerds of us, only the CIOs planet is monitoring these events. Would be interesting to get some stats about the attendee audience (devs/xIOs/media ...). But the long episode about BES 10.1, Balance and security concerns + the IBM presentation is a real strong signal. They want to flood companies with Q10 and I'm pretty sure they can succeed ... quite faster than "we" thought (the limited time free upgrade to BES is not anecdotal here). Add the Bentley/Mercedes episode, clearly targeted to industry and you'll get the general message : "guys, we're ready to deliver the next level platform: jump in, we can help, you'll love it".

This wasn't a "bim bam boum" show a la apple or Samsung (yet, the scenography was better). Sober V.S blinking, interesting V.S fake-mind-blowing (like the S4 "revolutionary features" that sums up in a ... extended photo app), TCO V.S "get it almost free", future-oriented V.S leapfrogging ... What a CIO can hear. Clear and loud.

This was a nice one. Forget about the current stock value (unless you day trade). Just relax. On tracks. Bringing puzzle pieces together.
    05-14-13 12:37 PM
    Well the ladies get an enjoyable one. And since there are, apparently, more of them, it could be a winner. Lmao.

Attachment 161514

Posted via CB10
    Did they just announce that it will come pre-loaded with the pink Q10?
    cjcampbell and OMGitworks like this.
    05-14-13 12:45 PM
    Thanks to everyone for a vigorous and lively discussion this morning and for not harping on me and my critical posts. I am a "fixer" by day so I am very used to noting and excepting the good and focusing on what needs to be fixed to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness. This lens colors my view of the event. I still think it was a C+ event and there was room for much improvement, and I still worry somebody is going to call them on the their women's initiative with no C level women, and only 2 of 12 women Directors. I don't like the optics of that, especially at the end with 5 white guys on stage. I am pretty conservative and not at all an activists, but opening with huge screen shots of those 5, sandwiching Alicia Keys and the initiative in the middle and ending with the on stage presence of the 5 of them struck me as hypocritical. It will be a major distraction if they get the woman's group up in arms over it (rightly or wrongly).

I am sure BBRY will agree with all of my criticism of the event and see how it could have been "better" and will soon be calling me to offer me a job, but it is still great that we have this place to civilly "discuss" BBRY and all its glory and warts. Off to be critical to another venture. Carry on and have fun and let's get this back to at least $15.50 today!
    05-14-13 12:48 PM
    Q10 delayed into "early" june. Now me may only see 2 weeks or so in the current quarter. That sucks as I was hoping for a numbers blowout
    05-14-13 12:50 PM
    Doesn't apply to everyone. Some are just tired of making progress, just to see it tank again. This repeats itself over and over and over again. So, some are investors that just get frustrated now and then at the manipulation.
    Exactly. There has to come a point when the stock stops moving sideways and begins to make a meaningful trek upwards. If that doesn't start to become entrenched by the June ER, and still not by the September ER, then I'd say you're better off putting your money elsewhere.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-14-13 12:50 PM
    A bad move. Just catering to the critics....

Posted via CB10
    As usual. Any BlackBerry move will fire critics.
    But at the end of the day, once you forecast BBM as a social platform (not only as a one-to-one/group chat), it's quite easy to understand where this leads to : brand recognition and ... $$$.
    05-14-13 12:53 PM
    Q10 delayed into "early" june. Now me may only see 2 weeks or so in the current quarter. That sucks as I was hoping for a numbers blowout
    They will be able to "ship" (=sold) probably 500-700K to the US carriers on May 31st for the June 1st launch. Those will count for Q1.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 12:55 PM
    Awaiting for more details on his note.

Michael Kane ‏@Michael_KaneBNN 6m
    Peter Misek at Jefferies issued a research note a few minutes ago, saying what I've been saying for a few months-"Not just about the phone".
    Expand

Any update on this?
    05-14-13 12:57 PM
    TSLA nearly hit $100 today... My friend had investments in that as well...

Anyways, lets bring this stock over 16 so I can make a trade. Damn, I didn't expect a drop today, but then again, this happens all the time. June ER is 1.5 months away!
    05-14-13 12:59 PM
    more good news from the bears, don't they realize 6% market share in the US is a positive in the near term? And this is only consumers?

On BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) (Sell), the firm notes that despite the BlackBerry Z10 U.S. launch in late March current ownership trends have held steady at a meager 6% from Oct. 2012 to May 2013. The Q10 is not likely to help much. "With the upcoming BlackBerry Q10 U.S. launch expected later this month, near-term purchasing intentions paint an uninspiring picture for BlackBerry as only 6% of respondents who plan on purchasing a new smartphone in the next three to six months say they will buy a BlackBerry, up slightly from 5% in Oct.," MKM said.
    05-14-13 01:02 PM
    Some candy ? Dual display (and more devices) enhanced capabilities ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    take99, spike12, Bugmapper and 5 others like this.
    05-14-13 01:05 PM
    Pretty cool controller that connects to Z10 and you have a portable gaming unit - very nice...
    05-14-13 01:07 PM
    TSLA nearly hit $100 today... My friend had investments in that as well...

Anyways, lets bring this stock over 16 so I can make a trade. Damn, I didn't expect a drop today, but then again, this happens all the time. June ER is 1.5 months away!
    TSLA is down 7% now
    05-14-13 01:08 PM
    Watching the BB Jam keynote, I have more confidence in the future of this platform. I like what I'm seeing.
    05-14-13 01:09 PM
    Watching the BB Jam keynote, I have more confidence in the future of this platform. I like what I'm seeing.
    I agree. Not that I didn't have confidence but I didn't realize how much more they could be doing with this thing.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 01:13 PM
    Yeah, and seeing that all of the functionality is built into the APIs and OS, so the developers don't have to worry about the details of peripherals and hardware. They can just develop their applications / games and BB10 does the rest. BlackBerry really gets it now. IMHO.
    05-14-13 01:13 PM
    I agree. Not that I didn't have confidence but I didn't realize how much more they could be doing with this thing.
    But nothing for the market?
    05-14-13 01:14 PM
    USB Host mode in SDK in june (edited : SDK beta. Final = August) !
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 01:16 PM
    Yeah!! USB HOST mode in BB 10.2
    MoolahMitch, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    Yeah, and seeing that all of the functionality is built into the APIs and OS, so the developers don't have to worry about the details of peripherals and hardware. They can just develop their applications / games and BB10 does the rest. BlackBerry really gets it now. IMHO.
    Absolutely, something they did not do in the past. IMO, we're just scratching the surface here as I listen to the 10.2 features they listed.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    So I guess the sessions will end with nothing that drives this SP back up.
    05-14-13 01:26 PM
    Any update on this?
    Last paragraph.

AAPL iPhone 5S Not Likely Till September, Says Jefferies; Sees BlackBerry ‘App’ Progress - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

[I]"Interestingly enough, there will be thousands of developers here in Orlando, and we look forward to talking with all of them. What we’re hearing and seeing, is, if you’re developing for Google Play [Google's (GOOG) application store for Android], porting to BB10 is ridiculously easy. Android and BB10 share a common kernel. That allows software programs to move across from the two stores easily. So while we don’t hear of a lot about native development, we do hear about a lot of porting of apps. And even though people say you can’t get Netflix (NFLX) on BB10, we’ve actually seen Netflix running on BB10. All of the Google top 100 apps are running on BB10."
    05-14-13 01:27 PM
    Just ordered a white Z10 for my wife...
    You sir . . . . . can now be replaced. LoL
    05-14-13 01:32 PM
    My biggest concern for the release of a free cross platform BBM is the added cost it will bring in the short term. No doubt there MAY be long term benefits but I think it should have been something that was tackled perhaps next year, after a more solid base was formed for the company. At this stage I see significantly added risk for perhaps marginally greater upside sometime in the distant future.
    I just can't see that many Apple and Android users jumping onto the BBM train. I guess I do not know what I am missing but the few I have talked to do not know what BBM even is. Maybe Blackberry is investing "long" on BBM for other users.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-14-13 01:32 PM
    I missed the jam session, anything interesting in there? Did they say anything about Android run time upgrade? Headless apps?

What are you guys talking about 10.2 for, did they release some info?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:39 PM
113,256 ... 983984985986987 ...