View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    The pigskin is on the 1 yard line, the chicken is in the coop, Mario is on the flagpole, the balls in the hoop
    Box, is your avatar an Olde English Bulldogge?
    05-14-13 06:47 AM
    Funny how the media were quick to call BBRY dead last year when NOKIA's in a much worse state.
    Agreed and I think there were two factors for this. First, BBRY basically decided to go all in with making their own software and hardware (no other options on the table), and second, NOK is a great hardware maker which decided to license a software made by a company with deep pockets. If WP fails, NOK could go with Android. They do make beautiful hardware.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:48 AM
    We have gone from RED to GREEN in premarket!
    BlackistheBerry and Bugmapper like this.
    05-14-13 06:56 AM
    Agreed and I think there were two factors for this. First, BBRY basically decided to go all in with making their own software and hardware (no other options on the table), and second, NOK is a great hardware maker which decided to license a software made by a company with deep pockets. If WP fails, NOK could go with Android. They do make beautiful hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I think if they signed up for BB10 they'd do really, really well.
    05-14-13 06:58 AM
    $17.50, baby this week, c'mon!
    05-14-13 07:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    BBRY would have gotten their asses handed to them if they decided to adopt Android. I'm glad BBRY kept their self respect intact and did it their way.

I think if they signed up for BB10 they'd do really, really well.
    I'll drink to that
    sparkaction, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-14-13 07:02 AM
    At $16 in premarket...nice.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 07:04 AM
    BBRY would have gotten their asses handed to them if they decided to adopt Android. I'm glad BBRY kept their self respect intact and did it their way.

I'll drink to that
    Yep. When it comes to Android OEMs, there's Samsung and the rest. I think and hope that we will see one of those OEMs on BB10. We'll see anyways.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:06 AM
    It all make me nervous at what happens at the BB event, today!

Seems many of the MFGs do not take these "event" as serious as what the press does.
    I think NOK dropped today due to the new Gartner report that shows their mobile phone market share dropping from 20% to 15% (see Tinomane post #24126.)

Among the big global vendors, South Korea's Samsung kept the top spot as its share of the world-wide mobile phone market grew to 23.6% from 21.1%. Nokia remained second though its market share dropped to 14.8% from 19.7%, while Apple closed the gap a bit with a market share gain to 9% from 7.8%.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 07:06 AM
    Yep. When it comes to Android OEMs, there's Samsung and the rest. I think and hope that we will see one of those OEMs on BB10. We'll see anyways.

Posted via CB10
    HTC could try and adopt one more OS before gracefully bowing out of the race. Let's face it, they've done nearly tried almost every OS they can get their hands on.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 07:09 AM
    $16.10 pre-market peak so far..
    05-14-13 07:09 AM
    It would be great to hit a new 52 week high this week. I don't expect it but I would certainly love to see it.
    05-14-13 07:10 AM
    RSI (10) is only about 62, so lots of room to surge. I love how we're climbing right now.
    Bilaal and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 07:20 AM
    BlackBerry and the Short Sellers

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If things keep up like this in the second half of the year as it has in the first half, all shorts might be dead and buried.

This has been the year when shorts have been carried out on a stretcher. Last week, it was Tesla (TLRA) -- with 44% of its float held short as of April 30 -- going parabolic in the face of solid earnings.

Then there has been Green Mountain Coffee (GMCR_), with 38% of its float held short with an 83% return year to date. First Solar (FSLR_) is up 66% this year, even though 33% of its float is held short. High-flying Netflix (NFLX_) is up 145% this year, but it has 24% of its float still held short.

Also, the hated twins of tech Zynga (ZNGA_) and Groupon (GRPN_) are up 48% and 33% this year, respectively.

Even the old dogs of tech, which I would have thought would make good shorts at the start of the year, including HP (HPQ_), Intel (INTC_) and Microsoft (MSFT_), are up 49%, 17%, and 23%, respectively.

BlackBerry (BBRY_) has 37% of its float held short. It's had a good year so far this year, too, up 34%. However, it doesn't really feel like it since most of that move happened in the first couple of weeks of the year when it rocketed up in advance of the formal announcement of the new Z10 and Q10 phones. Since it hit a peak around $18, it's traded down from there, bouncing off of $12 a couple of times.

Clearly, the shorts think the other shoe is about to drop on the BlackBerry turnaround story, and they're prepared to profit from it.

Last week, I wrote a neutral review of the new Q10 phone from BlackBerry. There were several things I liked about it and other things I didn't. iPhone is still my primary phone, but I plan to keep using the Q10 -- and I'm long Apple (AAPL_) and BlackBerry.

Despite my neutral response to the phone -- which I still think is very solid and will be treated like manna from Heaven by anyone who's been using the five-year-old BlackBerrys -- I still love BlackBerry the stock. There are several positive catalysts that may occur in the coming weeks to really hurt the BlackBerry shorts just as we've seen with all the other companies mentioned above:

Surprise sales numbers announced at Tuesday's BlackBerry Developer Conference.
    Surprise licensing deal for BB10 announced at Tuesday's BlackBerry Developer Conference.
    Licensing deals for BB10 announced post-Developer Conference.
    Strategic Investment of several billions of dollars by some larger player interested in building their mobile phone strategy around BB10.
    Full buyout of BlackBerry by an American company (like Cisco (CSCO_), IBM (IBM_) or -- less likely -- HP.)
    Good June earnings.
    Good September earnings.
    Good December earnings.
    Licensing deal with one or more of the big car manufacturers for BB10.
    Licensing deals with other smart device makers for BB10.
    Proof of Mobile Device Management success with large orders from enterprise customers.
    Promising results from U.S. roll-out of the Q10 later this month from AT&T (T_) and Verizon (VZ_).
    Promising results from emerging markets roll-out of the planned R10 phone later in the year.
    Upward analyst revisions from current bearish stance.

Any one or several of these events could result in a tremendous upward revision of analyst estimates as well as massive short covering, leading to a sharp Tesla-like covering of shares. There could be +10% moves in a daily session several times on any of these moves.

In a year like 2013, it wouldn't surprise me to see BlackBerry end the year over $30. It will all depend on steady sales of the new Q10s as a baseline for further good news from which to build

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11922...t-sellers.html
    05-14-13 07:21 AM
    BlackBerry and the Short Sellers

Thanks, that was a great read.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-14-13 07:27 AM
    I would not want to be short going into this day and the next 30-60 days. I can't imagine why you would short BBRY now, the raids and spin have all been deflected and have less and less impact as they beat the same old drum and recirculate the same lame rumors. I think the tide and sentiment has turned, but we shall see.

TH - Please keep your eye on the ball today. No gaffs, don't misspeak, no technical difficulties. Leak some positive sales numbers and show us all the cool stuff BB10 can do. A few new app announcements to remove that bullet from the shorts arsenal would be great too.Thanks!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 07:27 AM
    David Tepper, a fund manager, has come up with a great quote today; "...short sellers should be ready to shovel themselves out of the grave they dug themselves into.."!!

This is in relation to the US stock markets though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 07:32 AM
    Instagram coming.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bkoeufxcqaaht3s.jpg
    05-14-13 07:36 AM
    Instagram coming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BKOeufxCQAAHT3S.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	161384
    05-14-13 07:38 AM
    For those of us looking to stream tomorrow's keynote...

BlackBerry Live 2013
    For those of you who want a reminder, go to the link above to watch the BlackBerry Live™ 2013 General Session Tuesday, May 14th at 9am EST.
    05-14-13 07:38 AM
    AllThingsD: BlackBerry Live 2013: After Promises, Progress - Canada Real Time - WSJ

The following is from WSJ’s AllThingsD.com website.
    By John Paczkowski

BB.T +2.10%, this past year has been a very different beast from the one that preceded it. This time last year, on the eve of the company’s BlackBerry Live conference (formerly BlackBerry World), the company was making headlines for its dismal financial results, its ongoing search for an adviser to help evaluate its strategic options, and its perennially coming-real-soon-now next-generation operating system, BlackBerry 10.

Today, BlackBerry is in far less precarious position. It has finally managed to ship BlackBerry 10 — along with a couple of handsets on which to run it — and all have been generally well received. The company’s touchscreen smartphone, the Z10, set launch-day sales records in Canada and the U.K.; its Qwerty sibling, the Q10, has been garnering positive reviews; takeover rumors have gone quiet; the company reported a surprise profitin its most recent quarter, and its shares are up some 25 percent since the beginning of the year. While BlackBerry hasn’t yet escaped the skepticism that mercilessly dogged it last year, it has provided investors and developers — and really anyone with an interest in the company — some reason for cautious optimism, despite the still daunting challenges ahead of it.

So there’s still a lot riding on BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins’s keynote address at BlackBerry Live Tuesday morning, but the company is in a far better place to deliver. So what can we expect from Heins when he takes the stage?

An update on BlackBerry 10 sales volume and momentum. Heins has previously said he expects to ship “tens of millions” of BlackBerry 10 handsets this year. Is that still the goal?

Perhaps, the unveiling of BlackBerry 10.1 for the Z10, which brings a number of new features to the device, including the ability to install Skype.

An update on developer support for BlackBerry 10, the current tally of apps in BlackBerry World, and perhaps the announcement of some new and much-needed marquee apps. As I’ve previously reported, Netflix and Instagram have both declined to build native apps for BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry has said it is committed to bringing both of them and other top titles to its new platform. Heins’s keynote would be an excellent time to announce a few victories.

Further insight into BlackBerry’s view of the tablet market. Heins recently made headlines for some bearish remarks about the future of tablets, saying, “In five years, I don’t think there’ll be a reason to have a tablet anymore.” If that’s the case, what is BlackBerry’s overall view of the future of mobile computing.
    An update of BlackBerry’s promised portfolio of BlackBerry 10 devices. What does the lineup look like beyond the Z10 and Q10? The company has already hit the market’s high end, presumably it plans to hit its middle and lower ends as well. What sort of device is it planning for emerging markets?

So, lots of issues to talk about, all of them speaking to a common theme. Now that Heins has seemingly succeeded in righting BlackBerry’s listing ship, where is it headed? And how is it going to get there?
    bungaboy and Tech Consultant like this.
    05-14-13 07:39 AM
    Judging by the pics being posted on twitter, it looks to be a packed house there.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-13 07:43 AM
    Agree, I dont think QNX is LINUX based. but it's Posix Compliant. Not the same thing.
    QNX has been around for years, it is Unix based as is Linux.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    05-14-13 07:44 AM
    Holding above $16, t minus 17 minutes to keynote...
    matthewriedle, q649 and bungaboy like this.
    05-14-13 07:44 AM
    5 mins to! sure wish i could tune in.

Good luck everyone!
    05-14-13 07:55 AM
107,097 ... 965966967968969 ...