View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Contrarian again today wrt the others stocks I have. BB is the only green one so far.
    You are not the only one. My other investments are not doing well either.
    05-13-13 09:10 AM
    Did a good job fighting off that sub $16 profit taking dip.
    05-13-13 09:10 AM
    OR the CEO can say something stupid! I hope not but I old my breath when ever he talks.
    He's been getting steadily better at holding his own. Probably getting a lot of media coaching for his interviews.

The best part is this is a planned event. They should have the majority of his talking points scripted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 09:11 AM
    Good morning, everyone have a nice weekend? So, what what's it going to be this week? Bear or Bull, was thinking Bull in light of the activity late last week (rumours) and Tuesday event in Orlando, however, I am somewhat doubtful now, DOW is down premarket. Good luck all. Yes, I am a day trader. BTW, just off the phone with BB, re PlayBook concerns, all good now, great service, have even sent it out for repair in the past, again, all good. Sure, I would love to see BB move one way or another, more so to the upside for the benefit of the employees, etc., shareholders too, however, not afraid to short is that is the trend. I sense some of you that post here may be stubborn bulls, yikes, just saying. Anyways, good luck all. Tomorrow will be interesting and will move BB shares, looking forward to watching it, hope it is a good one, was not impressed with the NYC presentation, hopefully BB has learned from this. Kevin, please, don't cut your hair again
    So fraudstreettrader, after a weekend to cool down we are no longer rimtards?

From Yahoo Finance message board:

"fraudstreettrader � May 10, 2013 11:11 AM Flag
    0users liked this postsusers disliked this posts2Reply
    Hilarious, never say anything against the grain abouit BB in the CrackBerry forum, many RIMTARDS hang out there.
    Crackberry Forums Message
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Your repetitive derisive comments are becoming tiresome and disrupting the forum. Take the weekend off to reflect on your posting style.
    Date the ban will be lifted:"
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-13-13 09:12 AM
    For crying out loud, we all know a short squeeze is coming. Let's just get on with it today, so we could move on. On a side note, we are in a bulll market, I think the big guys are looking for quick easy money. Notice how there seems to be more short squeeze occurring recently. I thing bbry is on their radar and might be next. this week perhaps?
    The short squeeze is an interesting phenomena. BBRY has a huge short interest. We don't know how much is institutional and how much is the retail and day trader. The large institutional trader can hold out a long time and isn't going to feel much pain in the near term. Usually the only way they get hammered is by another large player who tries to force their hand - think Carl Icahn here. Otherwise, they ride it out and hope to cover on a pull back after the rise and their "short thesis" is proven to be true. That may never happen, but they are a stubborn group. The retail day trader is subject to margin calls and could be hurt and badly with a rise near $20. The question for BBRY is which group of investors and what % of the shorts are they? I don't know and am not sure anyone knows at this point.

My point is that a short squeeze would be awesome, but I wouldn't invest based on or count on it happening anytime soon, it is not inevitable.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    05-13-13 09:12 AM
    Don't forget this Friday is monthly opex. And as history has shown, this stock has been steered for Max Pain every time for the last few months.

I wouldn't be surprised that this is an attempt to grab more stock chasers for the EOW drop. Hedge yourself accordingly.
    MrBurns2U, Bugmapper and fedakd like this.
    05-13-13 09:13 AM
    Don't forget this Friday is monthly opex. And as history has shown, this stock has been steered for Max Pain every time for the last few months.

I wouldn't be surprised that this is an attempt to grab more stock chasers for the EOW drop. Hedge yourself accordingly.
    Explain.....
    lcjr likes this.
    05-13-13 09:14 AM
    Monthly options expire on Friday (3rd Friday of the Month). This stock always pops just before the drop. It's been shown time and time again how easily this stock can be steered by the MMs

Explain.....
    05-13-13 09:16 AM

I think it will depend on how the next few days play out. If it becomes more clear that the tides are turning, they might think twice before taking a larger short position.

Time is running out for them.

And here's the dip.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 09:18 AM
    Monthly options expire on Friday (3rd Friday of the Month). This stock always pops just before the drop. It's been shown time and time again how easily this stock can be steered by the MMs
    oh, ha ha, opex at my company means operating expenses. Was confused and thought you were talking about something related to financial statements.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-13 09:18 AM
    He's been getting steadily better at holding his own. Probably getting a lot of media coaching for his interviews.

The best part is this is a planned event. They should have the majority of his talking points scripted.
    I don't think he will be able to elegantly introduce Playbook 2 and not have spinsters attack him for saying the tablet market will be dead in 5 years. I forgot his exact wording.
    05-13-13 09:21 AM
    snip And here's the dip.
    Let's see if we can defend and hold around $15.75. It is 10:30 or so.....
    05-13-13 09:22 AM
    I don't think he will be able to elegantly introduce Playbook 2 and not have spinsters attack him for saying the tablet market will be dead in 5 years. I forgot his exact wording.
    He could be thinking of the tablet as more of a peripheral interface device than a standalone mobile computer. Dumb tablets that borrow processing power from a tethered smartphone. Would let them roll out cheaper tablets to pair with their phones.
    05-13-13 09:25 AM
    I just hope that whatever they announce is going to be launched in less than 2 months. Although I'm greatly interested in what they will be developing/launching over the next year, in my opinion it is ultimately not in BB's best interest to pre-announce as early as they have done in the past.
    05-13-13 09:27 AM
    Let's see if we can defend and hold around $15.75. It is 10:30 or so.....
    I think we'll fill the little gap we made this morning first.
    05-13-13 09:28 AM
    So fraudstreettrader, after a weekend to cool down we are no longer rimtards?

From Yahoo Finance message board:

"fraudstreettrader • May 10, 2013 11:11 AM Flag
    0users liked this postsusers disliked this posts2Reply
    Hilarious, never say anything against the grain abouit BB in the CrackBerry forum, many RIMTARDS hang out there.
    Crackberry Forums Message
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Your repetitive derisive comments are becoming tiresome and disrupting the forum. Take the weekend off to reflect on your posting style.
    Date the ban will be lifted:"
    I think he works or should go to work at Cannacord.
    fraudstreettrader • 12 hours ago

0 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 5

OMG!!! Futures are down huge pre-market. This pos stock is going to plunge on Monday, just when I thought BB was going to rally.

This is exactly why you do not hold investments overnight! Well done Fraud Street! Oil and Nat Gas are down too. Good luck all, you too RIMTARDS and CRACKBERRYTARDS and STOCKHOUSETARDS. Cheers, F$T
    HerfDurf, bungaboy and q649 like this.
    05-13-13 09:29 AM
    He could be thinking of the tablet as more of a peripheral interface device than a standalone mobile computer. Dumb tablets that borrow processing power from a tethered smartphone. Would let them roll out cheaper tablets to pair with their phones.
    He could, and that is what he was hinting at in the 5year ish time frame but that is what doomed the PB to begin with. It had very little function unless it was tethered to a BlackBerry. At this stage of the game, there aren't enough BB10 devices out there, and among those owners looking for a tablet, to make and market a product like that. He's put himself in a bit of a tough place. One, he's basically said that the tablet as we know it will be done in 5 years or so. Two, at the moment, the tablet market is busy. Sooooo he has a choice, either don't introduce a tablet, or try to explain how currently it's a good product to have and not look like an ***** after his previous comments. I would personally like for him not to introduce a mass market tablet. Maybe a limited run on a dumb tablet but even then, it would be break even or maybe a net loss for them because of the sheer low volume that would inevitably be the case.
    05-13-13 09:32 AM
    The short squeeze is an interesting phenomena. BBRY has a huge short interest. We don't know how much is institutional and how much is the retail and day trader. The large institutional trader can hold out a long time and isn't going to feel much pain in the near term. Usually the only way they get hammered is by another large player who tries to force their hand - think Carl Icahn here. Otherwise, they ride it out and hope to cover on a pull back after the rise and their "short thesis" is proven to be true. That may never happen, but they are a stubborn group. The retail day trader is subject to margin calls and could be hurt and badly with a rise near $20. The question for BBRY is which group of investors and what % of the shorts are they? I don't know and am not sure anyone knows at this point.

My point is that a short squeeze would be awesome, but I wouldn't invest based on or count on it happening anytime soon, it is not inevitable.
    Actually, i've been long for 6 months and getting Grey hair waiting for the short squeeze. Just as there was irrational optimism with Apple at 700, Bbry had irrational pessimism. To me bb10 has been a success outside USA, so it is a solid investment. In the USA, if it continues to struggle then yeah some of that pessimism might be warranted and no squeeze. It would have to be triggered by an awesome earnings, awesome upcoming products, or big investor. I'm betting at least one of these conditions will happen. Apple has left the door open with slow innovation, thus making it easier for bbry to become a leader again with the stock to follow.
    05-13-13 09:35 AM
    He could, and that is what he was hinting at in the 5year ish time frame but that is what doomed the PB to begin with. It had very little function unless it was tethered to a BlackBerry. At this stage of the game, there aren't enough BB10 devices out there, and among those owners looking for a tablet, to make and market a product like that. He's put himself in a bit of a tough place. One, he's basically said that the tablet as we know it will be done in 5 years or so. Two, at the moment, the tablet market is busy. Sooooo he has a choice, either don't introduce a tablet, or try to explain how currently it's a good product to have and not look like an ***** after his previous comments. I would personally like for him not to introduce a mass market tablet. Maybe a limited run on a dumb tablet but even then, it would be break even or maybe a net loss for them because of the sheer low volume that would inevitably be the case.
    If that is the case, then the next BlackBerry "tablet" will consist of a 10 inch screen with a 7Ah battery that lets you plug in a BB10 phone, and this will retail for $200.
    05-13-13 09:36 AM
    Grid lock, up on rumors / speculation, looking forward to the noon hour / close today, in the meantime sitting this dance out, trading energy, would not be surprised to see BB profit taking come the close, makes no sense to speculate long, can do such tomorrow during the presentation if warranted.
    05-13-13 09:37 AM
    Agree 100% with CJ. Plus I really think after the major problems they had with the Playbook, everything he says sounds like sour grapes to me. At a minimum,it stirs up memories of some pretty tough days at RIM.
    05-13-13 09:37 AM
    If that is the case, then the next BlackBerry "tablet" will consist of a 10 inch screen with a 7Ah battery that lets you plug in a BB10 phone, and this will retail for $200.
    Which would be ballin'!
    leafs123 likes this.
    05-13-13 09:38 AM
    Hey Morgan

I would like to thank you for all the great information you have provided in this thread. I was wondering how the channel is looking for today? I am looking to double down on my position but I'm thinking using the 5 dma as an indicator that this is probably not the time to add to my position.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 09:48 AM
    Omg that would be so sick! It would need to be a decent plug in and not handicap the user though. Instant buy obv lol

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-13-13 09:49 AM
    We are currently approaching the top of the channel and thus far, each time we hit the top of the channel, we dropped like a rock, and it's no coincidence, the bears set it up that way to have bad news coincide with those technicals. However, with the possibility of good news this week at BlackBerry Live, we could possibly break up above the channel setting us up to reach new highs.

Fingers crossed.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbrychannel.png  
    05-13-13 09:59 AM
113,256 ... 954955956957958 ...