Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is better...

05-12-13 08:50 PM
    That's why I was telling you about by brother in law in Germany. When people you would never expected to know anything about BlackBerry start sinking money into it, there must be something there.
    Yeah, the company is still on same track, but the sentiment is changing.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Scott Lefebvre and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 08:53 PM
    Yeah, the company is still on same track, but the sentiment is changing.

Well, because of you I made a few thousand dollars. I know that's not alot to everyone on this thread, but to me and my immediately family that's alot. I listen and try to apply the principals but I just don't have the cash to make it big. Bottom line is, there are many more joining the band Wagon now and many are reading the TA and opinions from this thread. I just hope you guys don't forget us little guys when you make it big.
    05-12-13 09:01 PM
    Well, because of you I made a few thousand dollars. I know that's not alot to everyone on this thread, but to me and my immediately family that's alot. I listen and try to apply the principals but I just don't have the cash to make it big. Bottom line is, there are many more joining the band Wagon now and many are reading the TA and opinions from this thread. I just hope you guys don't forget us little guys when you make it big.
    Oh, I doubt I had anything to do with it.

05-12-13 09:09 PM
    I'm about even in the past two years when the overall market is up over 20%. Hoping BBRY will catch me up and much more!

I am at an age and position where I can have a higher risk tolerance but obviously still painful when shorts crash it. That being said, I am literally all in (nowhere near the amount I know others are here), and I would more if I could. Been jealous of all who got in the single digits. Must be much easier to stomach those huge dips when you're already making a huge profit. Hopefully I'll be in that position soon!

I have a good feeling about this week and I'm loving the general sense that the tides have turned. At the same time, I've had the same feeling a few times in the past couple of months and they've amounted to nothing. Let's see something big this week!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:14 PM
    I read once that if you could achieve a 30% ROI (annually) you would be considered a GREAT investor. So I think you've done
    very well and will continue to build with that. Making it big will never be a goal of mine. Really it's just about achieving something my
    family can be proud of. Everyone has to start somewhere and you've got an excellent start and will finish well in the end.
    05-12-13 09:17 PM
    Is it just me or does something feel different about the "chatter" on the net lately?
    I think BBRY is slowly getting the positive news that it deserves. The negative rumours and basic malicious false news spread by the shorts has slowed since Blackberry asked the SEC to investigate.
    As the Z and Q get into the hands of users people are actually seeing how good these phones are.
    The sales figures are doing well.
    People are starting to realise the true earnings potential of BES10.

I see the main struggle still ahead is changing public perception.
    To put things bluntly I believe that there is a huge percentage of the population that is basically ignorant.
    Sometimes its just because they do not care to educate themselves.

So last night I had the opportunity to educate a few people.
    I was at a gathering last night and we were sitting around the table at my neighbours, and their daughter and a few of her university friends were there too. There was a young university kid there who was telling us how he was going to start his summer job this week working at Bell. He himself was using a Curve. I asked him if he was going to get the new Z or Q and he said "oh no never again, Blackberry is too buggy" This guy is going to be selling cell phones next week but will be steering potential customers away from Blackberry.
    He then asked me what I thought of my Z10.
    I was honest, and told him there were a few minor bugs when I first bought it but since the OS update that this has been the most solid OS I have ever used in a cell, or any computer operating system I have ever used. It just doesn't hiccup or stall ever.
    I then asked what the other university students thought of Blackberry, and some said they had heard positive things.
    I then made sure I had all their attention and said " Do you want to know why I am sticking with blackberry other than the best operating system in the industry.... I then wave my phone in front of them and chucked it across the room about 8 feet onto the hardwood floor.
    You should have seen the look on their faces! it was priceless. There was silence and jaws dropped.
    My girlfriend was giving me the look of "you're an *****"
    After a bunch of gasps, "oh my gods", and "are you crazy what are you doing?", I walked over picked up my Blackberry, showed them that it was still working fine and offered $20 to any one of them to do the same to their HTC or Samsung phones.
    There were no takers.
    I then said "that's why I own a Blackberry".
    05-12-13 09:18 PM
    Just goes to show you that even hill-billy's can make it now and then. I'm waitin my turn....

bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 09:21 PM
    I think BBRY is slowly getting the positive news that it deserves. The negative rumours and basic malicious false news spread by the shorts has slowed since Blackberry asked the SEC to investigate.
    As the Z and Q get into the hands of users people are actually seeing how good these phones are.
    The sales figures are doing well.
    People are starting to realise the true earnings potential of BES10.

I see the main struggle still ahead is changing public perception.
    To put things bluntly I believe that there is a huge percentage of the population that is basically ignorant.
    Sometimes its just because they do not care to educate themselves.

So last night I had the opportunity to educate a few people.
    I was at a gathering last night and we were sitting around the table at my neighbours, and their daughter and a few of her university friends were there too. There was a young university kid there who was telling us how he was going to start his summer job this week working at Bell. He himself was using a Curve. I asked him if he was going to get the new Z or Q and he said "oh no never again, Blackberry is too buggy" This guy is going to be selling cell phones next week but will be steering potential customers away from Blackberry.
    He then asked me what I thought of my Z10.
    I was honest, and told him there were a few minor bugs when I first bought it but since the OS update that this has been the most solid OS I have ever used in a cell, or any computer operating system I have ever used. It just doesn't hiccup or stall ever.
    I then asked what the other university students thought of Blackberry, and some said they had heard positive things.
    I then made sure I had all their attention and said " Do you want to know why I am sticking with blackberry other than the best operating system in the industry.... I then wave my phone in front of them and chucked it across the room about 8 feet onto the hardwood floor.
    You should have seen the look on their faces! it was priceless. There was silence and jaws dropped.
    My girlfriend was giving me the look of "you're an *****"
    After a bunch of gasps, "oh my gods", and "are you crazy what are you doing?", I walked over picked up my Blackberry, showed them that it was still working fine and offered $20 to any one of them to do the same to their HTC or Samsung phones.
    There were no takers.
    I then said "that's why I own a Blackberry".
    Good story dude!

Gerard Fraser likes this.
    05-12-13 09:28 PM
    I read once that if you could achieve a 30% ROI (annually) you would be considered a GREAT investor. So I think you've done
    very well and will continue to build with that. Making it big will never be a goal of mine. Really it's just about achieving something my
    family can be proud of. Everyone has to start somewhere and you've got an excellent start and will finish well in the end.
    You don't know how much I appreciate that. But you have to agree that 30% is irrelevant unless you have something to compare it too. I'm just glad I made friends with some really nice people here and if I make $5000 that will make my daughters happy. See, I'm in this for my two girls. Nobody ever did anything for me so I want to give them their down payments on their homes soon. Nothing for me, I got friends and that's enough sometimes.
    05-12-13 09:30 PM
    Yup, 30% is great. But I'm going for 100% annualized. (gotta have goals right? )

05-12-13 09:33 PM
    Yup, 30% is great. But I'm going for 100% annualized. (gotta have goals right? )

You da man. I'm glad you're a friend.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 09:46 PM
    You da man. I'm glad you're a friend.
    LOL. Well if I'm lucky enough to keep that up for 12 years I'll pay off your mortgage.

05-12-13 10:05 PM
    Is he visiting to attend the $100 party?

Just a bit of interesting data... Did you know there are companies out there that have a retirement plan out of the ordinary? My german brother in law retires next year. He gets one full year of pay just like he was going to work, plus medical, etc... Then his retirement kicks in. He'll get almost his full paycheck for life, minus full medical. Holy cow!! He works as one of the head engineers at the Bremen Germany airport. I can't wait for him to visit me in hell this September. Well, at least I have a pool. Lol
    Bugmapper, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 10:13 PM
    LOL. Well if I'm lucky enough to keep that up for 12 years I'll pay off your mortgage.

I don't even have a mortgage yet, but I'm looking in th. Colorado Springs area where my daughters live and are waiting for us. I'll settle for just being your friend and come see you now and then and you can come with family and vacation with me for free. I'm sure your family can ski, unlike me. Hahaha
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 10:15 PM
    Is he visiting to attend the $100 party?
    No, he doesn't even know this thread exists.
    05-12-13 10:19 PM

Bugmapper, there is you and a few others on this thread that is welcome in my home and can stay with me for a vacation and swim in my pool as long as you like. You have until December when I want to be out of here.

Edit:. I would love to have my friends from this thread over for a vacation if you could make your way to El Paso Texas. I have two extra bedrooms and a pool. I'm just trying to repay all the friendship and advise that helped me along so far.
    05-12-13 10:21 PM
    I don't even have a mortgage yet, but I'm looking in th. Colorado Springs area where my daughters live and are waiting for us. I'll settle for just being your friend and come see you now and then and you can come with family and vacation with me for free. I'm sure your family can ski, unlike me. Hahaha
    Family can, I can't. Haha

bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 10:22 PM
    Family can, I can't. Haha

Cool! Then you can hang out with me while the family does what they want to do. I'll buy the first few rounds as we watch them ski lol
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 10:34 PM
    Well, it's at 15.58 right now and I really don't see it dropping much lower so I think I'll buy in tonight and get tomorrow's opening price.
    In my opinion, maybe you should wait till tomorrow. Although I think we won't see the 10.30 dip tomorrow, I think it does have a chance to dip a little lower than the opening price tomorrow.
    I am considering buying some more tomorrow too, but only if it dips a bit.

Again this is just my opinion, and I am sure you will be the best judge.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 10:34 PM
    In my opinion, maybe you should wait till tomorrow. Although I think we won't see the 10.30 dip tomorrow, I think it does have a chance to dip a little lower than the opening price tomorrow.
    I am considering buying some more tomorrow too, but only if it dips a bit.

Again this is just my opinion, and I am sure you will be the best judge.
    I was thinking the same thing actually. We might miss the 10:30 dip, but I'm sure there will be a dip tomorrow morning. Besides, I'm sure the SP in the morning is nothing compared to what it will be after June ER.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 10:44 PM
    I was thinking the same thing actually. We might miss the 10:30 dip, but I'm sure there will be a dip tomorrow morning. Besides, I'm sure the SP in the morning is nothing compared to what it will be after June ER.
    Yes, after June, we will probably be trading on a different level.
    And if you look at it from that perspective, a little dip tomorrow will be insignificant. But we always have the inner tendency to try and get the best possible price for our trade, don't we?
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-12-13 10:50 PM
    You don't know how much I appreciate that. But you have to agree that 30% is irrelevant unless you have something to compare it too. I'm just glad I made friends with some really nice people here and if I make $5000 that will make my daughters happy. See, I'm in this for my two girls. Nobody ever did anything for me so I want to give them their down payments on their homes soon. Nothing for me, I got friends and that's enough sometimes.
    I think it will work out well, any way you look at it, the stock is undervalued and not by a little but by alot. The only thing holding the stock down is the irrational pessimism caused by the shorts and their enablers but they are running out of gas. I started accumulating at 10 and averaging up buying on the dips. I'm all in,so hopefully we can chase the shorts away so the sp can reflect its true value which I believe should currently be 30-40.
    05-12-13 10:55 PM
    I think it will work out well, any way you look at it, the stock is undervalued and not by a little but by alot. The only thing holding the stock down is the irrational pessimism caused by the shorts and their enablers but they are running out of gas. I started accumulating at 10 and averaging up buying on the dips. I'm all in,so hopefully we can chase the shorts away so the sp can reflect its true value which I believe should currently be 30-40.
    We are in the same boat my friend. It's just good to talk amongst friends now and then to discuss plans and frustrations. I'm so happy we have this forum.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-12-13 11:01 PM
    Would you do that now or wait until trading starts tomorrow?
    I have to wait ...
    05-12-13 11:04 PM
113,256 ... 950951952953954 ...