View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    <conspiracy-theory>It occurs to me that, at this point, maybe they're just getting paid to do this. It's not like they're actually making money at it any other way.</conspiracy-theory>
    Crossed my mind too.

So that means it isn't true

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 06:52 AM
    <conspiracy-theory>It occurs to me that, at this point, maybe they're just getting paid to do this. It's not like they're actually making money at it any other way.</conspiracy-theory>
    They're just a patent troll.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 06:53 AM
    That's the mid range Qwerty device R10.
    It has to have a keyboard to be a qwerty device

take99 likes this.
    05-10-13 06:55 AM
    According to our Crackberry staff and the article they have, Blackberry has always settled with them in the past - i.e. paid up - so i guess we should assume that's the norm these days.
    05-10-13 07:05 AM

The pictures don't show the front, but the translation says it is the back of the R10 - even gives specs on screen res 720x720 and 8GB rom + 2 GB RAM - no other info.
    Tech Consultant likes this.
    05-10-13 07:07 AM
    Right. Yesterday. Sorry. I just woke up. I thought about that shortly after I posted it

Posted via CB10
    lol- no worries - I was agreeing with you - apparently mistakenly so - saying I saw it all day yesterday as well - I also assumed it was from Wed - i.e. 2 days ago.
    05-10-13 07:09 AM
    Actually, q649, I am not longer in HOD, sold my overnight hold on HOD $5.12 for $5.18 today = +1.46% roi on my margin account, sweet short term trade. I don't give a jack about long term. Buy and hold is for losers, imho. I am better off trading the way I do than subscribing to your post. Good grief. Thereafter I washed, rinsed and repeated with HND, after shorting BB 2x this morning for profit, moving to short BB again. Hope all is well with you q649. Cheers, BB_T
    Your do realize that everyone else in the world uses the word "long" to represent a stock hold of a longer period than overnight, right?

You used "long" to describe your HOD purchase.
    You state that "long" is for losers.

A+B= ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 07:11 AM
    lol- no worries - I was agreeing with you - apparently mistakenly so - saying I saw it all day yesterday as well - I also assumed it was from Wed - i.e. 2 days ago.
    Lol. Crap. I really have to shake this fog.

Posted via CB10
    tygros likes this.
    05-10-13 07:14 AM
    Umm, a qwerty device has a physical keyboard. Take a closer look.

Oops: my mistake, sorry
    05-10-13 07:17 AM
    The pictures don't show the front, but the translation says it is the back of the R10 - even gives specs on screen res 720x720 and 8GB rom + 2 GB RAM - no other info.
    The pics do show the front.

Ops my mistake, sorry.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 07:18 AM
    Can bbry please sign an endorsement with this guy and his wife Gisele?

In his first interview with EPSN since 2001 � Brady dishes on family life with his model wife.

He reveals that You�ve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story is constantly stuck in his head. And if he happens to zone out while thinking about football or pecking on his BlackBerry � his wife snaps him back to reality: �Is this a Tommy day or a family day?�
    One of our dogs is named Brady....
    05-10-13 07:20 AM

upon first look, I also thought it is a full touchscreen device. But I was still in bed half asleep (the first thing I do when I wake up is look at this tread ).

I cannot read Chinese but the article title mentions R10 and the two pictures are only showing the back of the phone. It can still be a full touchscreen device although the article is listing the specifications of the R10, including a 3.1 inch screen. I hope and think the mid range BB10 touchscreen device has at least a 3.7 inch screen.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-10-13 07:28 AM
    It occurs to me that, at this point, maybe they're just getting paid to do this. It's not like they're actually making money at it any other way.
    @getdjmac Nothing LTE specific about it. Just a protocol / TDM at that. Should be invalid. Nice headline for the sell side though. Nice try.

Funny you say that, above was the response I got from someone that understands the matter on Twitter. Seems in line with your theory.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 07:29 AM
    upon first look, I also thought it is a full touchscreen device. But I was still in the bed half asleep (the first thing I do when I wake up is look at this tread ).

I cannot read Chinese but the article title mentions R10 and the two pictures are only showing the back of the phone. It can still be a full touchscreen device although the article is listing the specifications of the R10, including a 3.1 inch screen. I hope and think the mid range BB10 touchscreen device has at least a 3.7 inch screen.
    Google chrome translation - rough to say the least:
    "Previously, foreign analysts have released the latest mobile phone brand ranking BlackBerry poor Q1 sales fell out of the top ten global. In fact, this downward trend in long time, the BlackBerry also trying to save the day, Blackberry 10 is its "new choice". Following the Z10 and Q10 have been listed online exposure of a full keyboard BlackBerry smart machine - R10, and its flagship is the demand for more low-end market."
    Pics
    "As can be seen from the figure the BlackBerry R10 shell is made of plastic material, compared to Q10 or 9900 low-end positioning of its low-end machine, which also confirmed from the side. It is reported that the aircraft is equipped with a 3.1-inch screen with a resolution of 720 x 720 pixels. In addition, it uses 8GB ROM +2 GB RAM memory combinations, but the processor is still no more information should still be no accident, then by Qualcomm's products."
    Tech Consultant and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 07:31 AM
    Well still up in PM. Let's keep green all day to finish off this week and be back to where we were before the last round of bear shenanigans

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    05-10-13 07:34 AM
    What a great day yesterday! I have the continuation of that trade for us today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-10-2013-chart.jpg

The uptrend line is our new support along with the 5-dma for today. The 5-dma opens up at $ 15.30/shr which isn't far below us now. The key levels for a breakout are, $ 15.50/shr for the red downtrend line inside the pennant, the pennant line itself at $ 15.60/shr and yesterday's high of $ 15.68/shr. We want to go hunting for buy-stops today, as there are orders in to buy the stock upon a breakout just like there are sell-stops in that get triggered on the downside. We didn't see many of them while trading up to yesterday's high but we did do 15 million in shares at this level ($ 15.45 - $ 15.68). Breaking out of this pennant formation is huge, I think we can do it today/Monday as there isn't much time to get us to a happy place before Heins talks at 9:00 AM on Tuesday. A gap above/towards $ 15.50/shr would be a huge move in the right direction here. The worst feeling a short has is watching the stock trade above resistance, and so seeing the stock above the $ 15.60/shr area, and not knowing if it will start the breakout ..... begins the cycle of pain. Can't wait to see if today is the day the shorts run for cover. GL
    05-10-13 07:39 AM
    "if", ha, hahahahaha. Ain't going to happen. Short is the trade. $-)
    BB - hope you don't mind, but I wanted to try out a new word I picked up in prime time a few weeks back - been waiting to find the right time/place:
    (note: you can substitute any number between $0 and $12 for the below $9):
    How much of a douchenozzle do you have to be to buy into a $9 target? The sum-of-the-parts pre-BB10 were pegged between $12-$16/sh, and since then they've added to cash and have added to their product portfolio - all while reducing inventory. How in your mind of financial "analysis" does this equate to a $9 target/value?
    It doesn't - it's technically impossible - only drones who believe the crap spewed from small time, less than half-the-time right analysts.
    05-10-13 07:46 AM
    After posting its first profit and better-than-expected sales numbers on Wednesday, shares of Tesla Motors soared 24% to close at $69.40. There are two major similarities between Tesla and BlackBerry that could see BlackBerry shares move up in a similar way.

Tesla and BlackBerry Have Just Reached Profitability

Tesla Motors posted its first profit on Wednesday, after 10 years of posting losses and burning cash. Similarly, BlackBerry has just posted two consecutive quarters of profits, after a rough transition period in which it posted losses. Clearly, a company becoming profitable has a big impact on its shares. For BlackBerry, the shares have been held back because many analysts do not see profitability as being sustainable beyond this fiscal year.

Tesla and BlackBerry Have Large Number of Shares Shorted

Tesla and BlackBerry have been on the list of the most-shorted US stocks in recent months, with both stocks consistently having over 20% of the available shares being shorted. Tesla?s 24% rally yesterday was largely a result of short-covering.

BlackBerry bulls have been waiting for a short-covering in BlackBerry shares since January 30th, but the company has not produced the catalyst that would cause that to happen. Tesla?s rally is the perfect example of what could happen to BlackBerry shares in a short-squeeze. Interestingly, on Wednesday, Australian investment bank Macquarie published a report saying that BlackBerry shares are set up for a short squeeze.

BlackBerry Live Could Be a Catalyst

The BlackBerry Live conference is being held next week, between May 14 and 16. Historically, it has been a major BlackBerry event. In 2010, when the event was called WES, BlackBerry unveiled hardware and software at the conference ? Pearl 3G, Bold 9650 and OS 6.0. Last year, the event was called Jam, and BlackBerry unveiled BlackBerry 10 and gave out Dev Alpha devices to developers.

The Live conference next week could be a catalyst for BlackBerry shares. Whether or not that leads to the short-covering that BlackBerry bulls have been waiting for remains to be seen.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:50 AM
    Anyway, if I had enough shares to cash in big time with BBRY, this is the goal...
    Suggestions here : https://f-type.jaguar.com/us/en/mobile/

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:52 AM
    My dogs are named EnCana, Penn West and Penngrowth.
    05-10-13 07:52 AM
    Car maker Tesla: An investment in the future, a stock for right now
    CHRIS UMIASTOWSKI

The Globe and Mail
    Published Thursday, May. 09 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, May. 09 2013, 8:24 PM EDT

Car maker Tesla: An investment in the future, a stock for right now - The Globe and Mail
    tygros, Bugmapper and La Emperor like this.
    05-10-13 07:59 AM
    It was 330 am here when I posted this. Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-10-13 08:03 AM
    BB - hope you don't mind, but I wanted to try out a new word I picked up in prime time a few weeks back - been waiting to find the right time/place:
    (note: you can substitute any number between $0 and $12 for the below $9):
    How much of a douchenozzle do you have to be to buy into a $9 target? The sum-of-the-parts pre-BB10 were pegged between $12-$16/sh, and since then they've added to cash and have added to their product portfolio - all while reducing inventory. How in your mind of financial "analysis" does this equate to a $9 target/value?
    It doesn't - it's technically impossible - only drones who believe the crap spewed from small time, less than half-the-time right analysts.

In our house its a douchetard, must be an American thing
    tygros, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-10-13 08:06 AM
    Had a special request for that special someone on this thread. 80s hair metal at its best.
    You know who you are.

YouTube
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-13 08:08 AM
    But def not Gisele!
    05-10-13 08:10 AM
113,256 ... 933934935936937 ...