View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    you see, thats exactly what is in my mind too, cause once we breach $19 people need to start covering and it just gets worst for them from there on...any professional estimations?

If it gets that far, it probably has enough traction to go to at least $35 no?
    Synergistic effect etc.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-09-13 02:25 PM
    I would have loved for the volume to be higher, but if we close above 15.65 it's great, 15.70 perfect. I think.

I also want my money to get into my trading account faster, damn it :-l

LE: I'll boot into Windows this weekend and do a really nice, longer-term analysis. BBRY is going places. Heins is now behind the stock and he is going to pay more attention to it now.
    05-09-13 02:26 PM
    I was hands on for the birth of my three daughters over 20 years ago. A very spiritual and life defining moment. Highly recommended.
    I understand what you're saying. I helped cut the cord and everything too.
    But we were talking about things that are visually beautiful. Let's paint the picture:
    A woman laying on a delivery table screaming in pain. There were intervening movements of relative silence as she took breaks to gain some strength to resume her screaming. At the other end of her, there is a gooey alien looking thing trying to force its way out. In doing so, it is literally ripping apart something that I really, really liked.

So, spiritual and life altering, yes, beautiful - NO!!! LOL..

I do recommend it though to the new fathers to be.
    05-09-13 02:27 PM
    Who would have guessed it would have been such a productive day?

Good to see rumors helping rather than hurt!

Maybe $16 by the end of the day
    05-09-13 02:30 PM
    Hmm, this is a nice rally we have hear. Doing some quick searches, there is NOTHING about the rumours or speculation on Google news... Which is really, really odd. Anyone else here think that once the IBM and Investment story hit other sites the stock could go even higher?
    Yep. Definitely. Just a matter of determining what the next peak will be. This close to Live I am Thinking it may stay high (16 - 18 range) for a few days.

Once BB LIVE is over, there should be a quick drop (as shorts try to make a play) then ramp up again on ER.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:31 PM
    Oh wow I really need to follow my portfolio more closely.

Has a buy at 15.20 from last week that got filled Monday without even noticing. Also had a respective sell on at 15.50 hah. Can't complain on a 30c/share profit but I wish I was still in right now.
    05-09-13 02:33 PM
    A quick question about the Icahn rumour...does anyone know at what point during the day (Pre/Regular/After hours) he confirmed his Herbalife and Netflix interests when similar buzz was surrounding those companies?
    usually afterhours. The squeeze is intense.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    05-09-13 02:34 PM
    10:30 dip coming right up

Posted via CB10
    [This post refers to 10:30 AM, which I mistook for 10:30 AM Central Time. I corrected my reply a few messages down, thanks to feedback from user Tygros.]

Ahhhhh... This is a great example: As soon as one thinks this "game" is easy--bam!--the rules change. I haven't reviewed the charts from past BBRY trading sessions but I have seen others refer to the "10:30 AM BBRY drop". You can watch such movement day after day after day--and the day you act on it is the day it will do the opposite! Today, for example, at 10:30 AM to 10:36 AM BBRY's stock price (SP) went from $14.99 to a high of $15.37, which is a 2.5% move to the upside.

I had spent several years trying to perfect neural network algorithms that would help me predict price movements based on certain empirical trading and underlying company data, and I found that those algorithms would work for a while--then suddenly stop working. This is the way of the markets, which is why--in general--it's always a good idea to hedge your bets if you start to feel that you "know" where the stock price is going to go. I would go as far to say that the more sure you are about direction and magnitude of any investment, the more important it is to have an opposing (hedge) strategy in place or at least to invest money you can stand to lose without getting wiped out and without suffering in any way.
    Last edited by YangFui; 05-09-13 at 02:51 PM.
    05-09-13 02:37 PM
    Quick question for the Canadians on the forum. hopefully this isn't too offtopic but I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this questions regarding TFSA's. If I have a 2 TFSA accounts (1 mutual fund and one through my brokerage) and I wanted to transfer funds from one to the other. Does transferring those funds count as pulling the money "out of the account" therefore limiting my contribution limit for the year?

EDIT: If it makes a difference I would be transferring from Mutual funds to brokerage
    Not sure - but if it works the same as RRSP accounts - you need to do it through the right process - meaning there is likely a gov form you need to use to have your financial institution do the transfer directly
    05-09-13 02:38 PM
    I'm convinced the rise up is due to me having a home day with my better half...so of course have been listening (blasting actually) Al Green most of the morning, so...the mystery is solved...just play Al Green:

bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-09-13 02:41 PM
    Ahhhhh,,, This is a great example: As soon as one thinks this "game" is easy--bam!--the rules change. I haven't reviewed the charts from past BBRY trading sessions but I have seen others refer to the "10:30 AM BBRY drop". You can watch such movement day after day after day--and the day you act on it is the day it will do the opposite! Today, for example, at 10:30 AM to 10:36 AM BBRY's stock price (SP) went from $14.99 to a high of $15.37, which is a 2.5% move to the upside.

I had spent several years trying to perfect neural network algorithms that would help me predict price movements based on certain empirical trading and underlying company data, and I found that those algorithms would work for a while--then suddenly stop working. This is the way of the markets, which is why--in general--it's always a good idea to hedge your bets if you start to feel that you "know" where the stock price is going to go. I would go as far to say that the more sure you are about direction and magnitude of any investment, the more important it is to have an opposing (hedge) strategy in place or at least to invest money you can stand to lose without getting wiped out and without suffering in any way.
    Yang, unfortunately, you're quoting 10:30 CT - it's et that we see the dip daily... Today's started at 10:15et - went from 15.06 to 14.93 in less than a minute.
    bungaboy, cjcampbell, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    05-09-13 02:43 PM
    I'm convinced the rise up is due to me having a home day with my better half...so of course have been listening (blasting actually) Al Green most of the morning, so...the mystery is solved...just play Al Green:]
    Is that why you've been posting every 5-7 minutes... j/k of course
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 02:46 PM
    I got one I'd like to put back, don't think she was cooked yet
    Must be a girl. LoL
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-09-13 02:47 PM
    A quick question about the Icahn rumour...does anyone know at what point during the day (Pre/Regular/After hours) he confirmed his Herbalife and Netflix interests when similar buzz was surrounding those companies?
    I think it was after the closing bell.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    05-09-13 02:48 PM
    Yang, unfortunately, you're quoting 10:30 CT - it's et that we see the dip daily... Today's started at 10:15et - went from 15.06 to 14.93 in less than a minute.
    Yes--you are correct. My apologies (everything I do is related to CT--even my stock charts show Central Time on the x-axis!).

In general, my advice holds true: For instance, if the "10:30 ET drop" now occurs at 10:15 ET, then it's no longer a 10:30 ET drop--wouldn't you agree? If BBRY tends to drop an hour after the open then I can assure you that this behavior will not continue. I did get the time wrong (once again, thank you for correcting me) but the findings I conveyed are meant to be very generic.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 02:49 PM
    I think it was after the closing bell.
    Thank-you guys. It would be nice, wouldn't it!!
    05-09-13 02:50 PM
    Wonder if we are at the beginning of the market pullback, it is way overdue and very much needed.
    05-09-13 02:54 PM
    Yes--you are correct. My apologies (everything I do is related to CT).

In general, my advice holds true: For instance, if the "10:30 ET drop" now occurs at 10:15 ET, then it's no longer a 10:30 ET drop--wouldn't you agree? If BBRY tends to drop an hour after the open then I can assure you that this behavior will not continue. I did get the time wrong (once again, thank you for correcting me) but the findings I conveyed are meant to be very generic.
    Agree - just today we can explain the 1030ct pop - that's the exact moment of Costa's tweet that got quoted and picked up 10,000 times over. You're right in that we can't expect it like clockwork, daily - but to know as long as this is below 52wk high it will trend like that on non-news days helps lots of traders who can't read TA as expertly as others
    bungaboy and YangFui like this.
    Yes--you are correct. My apologies (everything I do is related to CT).

Absolutely, just when you think it have it figured out, the pattern changes. We only think it is predictable because we want it to be and remember the times it worked and tend to forget the times it didn't. Day traders experience a similar phenomena, they will almost always greatly overestimate their profits as they remember the good trades and forget the bad ones. Human nature I guess.
    tygros, bungaboy and YangFui like this.
    Is that why you've been posting every 5-7 minutes... j/k of course
    No problems for him. Blue pills good for 4 hours. Then you gotta see a Doc . . . . . . . and ask for more. LoL
    Shanerredflag and OMGitworks like this.
    No problems for him. Blue pills good for 4 hours. Then you gotta see a Doc . . . . . . . and ask for more. LoL
    Ready for a nap...keep the share price up lol.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-13 03:00 PM
    A thought about BlackBerry live.

If they reveal what I think they will it could sky rocket on the news. Not sure we will see a sell off.

Don't forget that at the moment most of the market doesn't think that they have anything else left to give.

If they can show their R10 and respective touch screen version, defining their play for the mid end of the market and emerging markets, and reveal some aristo specs that would cover devices.

Now they could also announce new big name apps, Progress with BES10 and also their vision for mobile computing (tablet type advice) .

There are also sales figures for Q and Z which they could hint at.

If just a couple of these are revealed and they hit home I think it would show they are definitively back in the game.

I would be apprehensive to sell on the news.

Maybe I am getting a bit excited, thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-13 03:01 PM
    LCJR??? he's being awfully quiet
    Really really busy today. Hello everyone! Took an extended lunch as well, as we're thinking about a house in Colorado Springs. Seems the builders we were working with before and had a house we fell in love with found a bigger lot to build it on so we're waiting to get the information. The last lot was so small I could spit from the front to the back. This lot is 8500 square feet. If we go see it and want it, I'll sign the paperwork and start getting ready to move in 6-7 months. Now if only I can find another job before it's done. lol Oh, to stay on topic, GO BBRY!!
    05-09-13 03:03 PM
    And here's the sell off
    05-09-13 03:05 PM
    BBRY in freefall. Stop hit and WOW!

See you boys in the AM!
    lcjr, cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    05-09-13 03:05 PM
104,897 ... 921922923924925 ...