View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    I guesstimate that the blackbearians (lol) wanted to lower the stock enough to 1. profit from their options and 2. offset potential gains made by the live-event. There is every motivation in the world to keep this stock from getting much past 16-17 from their perspective (me thinks)
    05-07-13 03:57 PM
    Ha! But .......... we are already down 5 days in a row my friend!!!! They'll never get my shares!
    Can't be down 6 days in a row, right?

If we can close above 14.95, I will be thrilled.

-Edit- spoke too soon.
    05-07-13 03:57 PM
    Ha! But .......... we are already down 5 days in a row my friend!!!! They'll never get my shares!
    lol - Edit: 6 days... lol - i.e., more than a "week"
    05-07-13 03:58 PM
    predictions anyone for tmr? im thinking we will bounce back over $15
    Hopefully we climb but I am thinking we make sink some more, which means I buy more. It seems that we are poised for some more gains soon.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-07-13 03:59 PM
    I wish I had more cash to throw into BB. At this time BB is almost 80% of my portfolio.

Probably not the wisest decision....BBRY reward me for my love!
    05-07-13 04:00 PM
    I wish I had more cash to throw into BB. At this time BB is almost 80% of my portfolio.

Eek! I hope that it isn't too much my friend.
    05-07-13 04:04 PM

I'm in the same boat. Actually, I am long BBRY with a good amount of margin, which is probably not a great idea. Been buying dips... and it's been dipping for a while now.
    05-07-13 04:05 PM
    Im kind of curious to how much shares you have morgan haha but you don't need to answer because I know its a personal matter, just voicing my thought :P
    fedakd likes this.
    05-07-13 04:07 PM
    Be very cautious with margin though my friend it gives you more buying power but it can hurt you pretty badly, a relative played on margin before the 08 crash..and it was not pretty at all

I'm in the same boat. Actually, I am long BBRY with a good amount of margin, which is probably not a great idea. Been buying dips... and it's been dipping for a while now.
    zyben likes this.
    05-07-13 04:08 PM
    What's everyone's take on the probability of a BB:BBRY short squeezish before this year is out?
    My intuition is almost 75% confident and 25% wishful lol.
    Now I know anything can construed with a negative spin, but I just don't think they
    can keep this up over many more ER's which are bound to be positive overall.
    05-07-13 04:09 PM
    What's everyone's take on the probability of a BB:BBRY short squeezish before this year is out?
    Now I know anything can construed with a negative spin, but I just don't think they
    If the short squeeze is coming, it's not going to be this year, unless there is some truly definitive news that BlackBerry is back. We still have yet to see a quarter where BB10 has been fully available worldwide. Time will tell the true story once the dust has settled.
    05-07-13 04:12 PM
    Be very cautious with margin though my friend it gives you more buying power but it can hurt you pretty badly, a relative played on margin before the 08 crash..and it was not pretty at all
    I'm learning that quickly. Just hoping we can get a very solid up day in the next couple of days and I'll get out and be done with it.
    05-07-13 04:12 PM
    Much of DoD's strategy rests on the implementation of a centralized app store and device management system. The department is expected to make an award to build that infrastructure in the next several weeks.

Pilot programs already showing potential

When the enterprise solution is in place, it will replace more than 70 pilot programs the military services have been conducting in the effort to overcome security and other challenges around commercial mobile devices.

"We're trying to take the best of all of these pilots and put them into our enterprise. We're taking the pieces that have been successful and we're discarding the pieces that have not been successful or too costly," he said. "They have to follow three rules: it has to be as secure as things are today, it has to be cheaper, and it has to help us jump the productivity curve."

I'm wondering how much emphasis to place on "it has to be cheaper". Could the DND be using the 'threat' of moving to Apple and/or Samsung as a ploy to get a cheaper deal from BlackBerry?
    05-07-13 04:18 PM
    If the short squeeze is coming, it's not going to be this year, unless there is some truly definitive news that BlackBerry is back. We still have yet to see a quarter where BB10 has been fully available worldwide. Time will tell the true story once the dust has settled.
    I don't know. If they can have 3 consecutive quaters with profit, I think the short interest will run, and run quick. They are betting on a decline in the business, not a rise in profitablitiy. And also, keep in mind, that there are "cheaper" models being brought out shortly which will appeal to much of the current user base. This can only raise sales even more.
    zyben likes this.
    05-07-13 04:20 PM
    They might come up with something like this:

Title:
    BlackBerry drops dead in Canadian winter!

Text:
    The blackberry is an edible fruit produced by many species in the Rubus genus in the Rosaceae family, hybrids among these species within the Rubus subgenus, as well as hybrids between the Rubus and Idaeobatus subgenera. What distinguishes blackberries from its raspberry relatives is whether the torus (receptacle) picks with the fruit, a blackberry, or remains on the plant when picked leaving a hole in the fruit, a raspberry.

And highlighted in all financial news channels...
    lcjr, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-07-13 04:25 PM
    I'm with cjcampbell - it seems these shorts are quite adamant about Blackberry's demise. I believe once analysts change their tune with BB and sing it praises for a comeback, it'll signal a true change in BB sentiment and the rest will follow.

Within this year I would still consider short term and likely require some sort of definitive push to set the shorts' shorts on fire (see what I did there?)

Q1 Earnings: - Bears: Pent up demand - obviously there was going to be an increase in revenues!
    Q2 Earnings: - Bears: Pent up demand - Q10 had only modestly effected Q1, most of its revenues are caught in Q2,
    Q3 Earnings: - Bears: Pent up demand - R10 budget phone released to catch profitability other phone lines are on the decline...
    Q4 Earnings: - Bears: F***

This is what I think will realistically happen.

Although - it could happen much sooner if Q1&Q2 both report growth in sales and adoption of their devices, if the numbers start painting a solid picture that the majority of sales are not driven by legacy/fanboys but an actual growth in users - I suspect institutions who are short will sing a new tune and that the big boys will soon begin to jump in. At these current prices - we're still a steal at BV & slightly above liquidating.

This analysis also has completely cut out the MDM & BES 10 solutions which - from what I've been reading seems to be the more lucrative & sustainable cash cow for BB.

But to bring it all home - this is still short term and I think BB won't see it's sweet short squeeze for a while longer. Though I'm holding simply to avoid missing the pop!

Cheers!
    05-07-13 04:30 PM
    I'm interested in knowing just how long they can keep this up. I mean it woud be pretty comical for Blackberry to be runnning the world with their QNX and mobile computing sollutions and still have the SP at $15-$17. lol
    05-07-13 04:34 PM
    Darn, no news from the company this evening and no upward movement of the stock. Surely, we're not going back into the $13s.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-07-13 04:38 PM
    Darn, no news from the company this evening and no upward movement of the stock. Surely, we're not going back into the $13s.
    I may have bought back in too early. Then again we know how this stock moves with news.
    05-07-13 04:47 PM
    What could they possibly tell us? With BlackBerry Live in a week, they are surely holding onto any and all of their surprises for now. And if you mean numbers, we've all been around here long enough to know that we won't get those until the ER.
    05-07-13 04:48 PM
    If a short squeeze hasn't happened by now from hype of BB10, Z10, Q10 releases, DoD approval, 1million unit order and R10 rumoured to be imminent, then the only thing that will cause a squeeze is pure profit. We have one good quarter in the bank, we need at least two more I think. There is a reason these hedge fund people are in finance.... they aren't smart enough to do anything else. It will take them being told that BlackBerry is profitable 3 or 4 times for it to sink in!
    05-07-13 04:49 PM
    13's looks improbable technically from the charts provided. The 'wave' Yang provided shows higher lows for each iteration, I don't think we have any news bad enough to break that trend. We also don't have enough good news to do much more than go sideways for a couple of days barring any unforeseen news. Might see a pop from some hype before BB live imho. I am hoping to buy more tomorrow.
    05-07-13 04:52 PM
    Beer thirty...16.50 support line by the end of May, cheers.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:54 PM
    Had the q10 launched across all of Canada? I know plenty of stores sold out from my anecdotal evidence.
    05-07-13 04:58 PM
    What could they possibly tell us? With BlackBerry Live in a week, they are surely holding onto any and all of their surprises for now. And if you mean numbers, we've all been around here long enough to know that we won't get those until the ER.
    The last time they actually said that they were completely wrong.
    05-07-13 04:58 PM
107,414 ... 895896897898899 ...