View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    On-Air in Fast money was split 2 to 2 on bull vs bear case for BBRY, and asked the viewers to weigh-in. They claimed 20min later that in a land-slide the Bears won out.
    Lol...what else would we expect from this bunch? Honestly.
    05-06-13 06:27 PM
    tempted to liquidate all my stock options and buy back in on a dip .... ya ... it's probably coming.

BS but it's coming.

Might sell off half my options though. Just in case it never actually drops again . BWA HAHAHAHHAAH
    Charles Martin1 and lcjr like this.
    05-06-13 06:51 PM
    Of course, to be taken with a grain of salt... interesting OP in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-803841/

He/she is basically confirming that there are some interesting things in the pipeline for us BBRY fans
    05-06-13 07:35 PM
    I hope that the Q10 isn't cannibalizing the Z10.

There have been some mixed messages from Thor since the initial launch of the BB10 about his sales expectations of the Z10 and Q10. I believe that initially he expected the Z10 sales to vastly outperform those of the Q10 but now he says the opposite.
    Thats why the Z was launched before the Q, as we know lots of new users have been created. Plus many bb users that just couldn't wait. The Q was always going to steal the show out of the gate, re 70+million qwerty users. Long term however I see the migration to full touch, I believe we're seeing the seeds of this already, yet of course we're witnessing a Q love fest! as we should. Long term the migration to full touch will be a big indication of the success of the platfrom.
    05-06-13 07:41 PM
    Starting to sound like a Toronto Maple Leafs down in the dumps club in here. LoL
    05-06-13 07:46 PM
    Thats why the Z was launched before the Q, as we know lots of new users have been created. Plus many bb users that just couldn't wait. The Q was always going to steal the show out of the gate, re 70+million qwerty users. Long term however I see the migration to full touch, I believe we're seeing the seeds of this already, yet of course we're witnessing a Q love fest! as we should. Long term the migration to full touch will be a big indication of the success of the platfrom.
    The Z10 has me spoiled. The Q10 is feeling a bit lonely. I will try to spend more time with da Q.
    Dapper37 and lcjr like this.
    05-06-13 07:48 PM
    Starting to sound like a Toronto Maple Leafs down in the dumps club in here. LoL
    I was going to say the same thing, nothing has changed. the stock is going to muddle along until proof of growth kills the bear case. But this could happen any day. BBworld will give the bull case more juice soon. It was a BB event that kicked off the stocks rally back in Sept 2012, if I remember correctly.
    Comfortably sitting put!
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-06-13 07:53 PM
    Yep lol. Here is my take on today: an analyst (****** that we know him to be) got his ridiculous, absurd "downgrade" picked up by some major media and we ended up down 3 cents (tsx). It was the only major BB news out out on the wires today. Not sure about you guys, but in my mind that is awesome news. A month ago it would have been down 50 cents. The bottom of this stock has been rising pretty steadily. Get in this week if you are getting in long. Also, some of the longs here need to stop watching the SP hourly. Lol
    05-06-13 07:56 PM
    I was going to say the same thing, nothing has changed. the stock is going to muddle along until proof of growth kills the bear case. But this could happen any day. BBworld will give the bull case more juice soon. It was a BB event that kicked off the stocks rally back in Sept 2012, if I remember correctly.
    Comfortably sitting put!
    Maybe it's just a Monday or maybe folks are just irritated at times. Speaking only for myself, I get irritated after hearing "its going to pop" over and over again just to see it plummet over and over.
    05-06-13 08:07 PM
    Well the 1M from the first month was part of Q4 results, not Q1. So that leaves 1.8M - still lowballing though.
    My apologies, you are correct. Instead of 2 months of sales you have 3, including in the US and India. For some reason I read that as first quarter of availability. *facepalm*
    05-06-13 08:13 PM
    3 cents? Lol
    05-06-13 08:14 PM
    Agreed !!! Not sure I can hold out for this stock to hit $40 or more. I need to sell a large portion of these shares to pay off some debt, and am just trying to figure out the best time for that. I'm debating between the BB Live event or the next ER. Or maybe sell at BBLive then buy back and sell again during ER ?
    The times I sold and bought back in to gain shares was right around events. My guess is that right before the event in Florida the SP will be strong, then plummet again right after it. Go back and look at this and you'll see. Doesn't guarantee anything, but pretty reliable like the 10:30 dip.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-06-13 08:18 PM
    Yeah, I wish I had sold it last week because it's been trending down since the mid $16s. I'm quite sure that we're heading for another fall yet. With 22000 shares that's a potential dip down $44000. So, for me, I'd rather just go back to trading until things get better.

In other news, my friend that bought the S4 the other day just brought it back because he said it was freezing up a lot. Better yet, he bought a Z10!!!

:-)
    05-06-13 08:26 PM
    There is a robot at the other end of each trade that can read much faster and react much faster than everyone here. Your only advantage lies in holding bbry shares through thick and thin. A buyout offer could come tomorrow morning (not saying there is).. leaving many of the traders with penny gains vs. Dollar gains of a long term holder. No chart can predict that. I think there is greater risk being out of bbry at these prices than being long right now. I know many of you have drank the kool-aid before and have gotten stung but buying dollars for less than their intrinsic worth most often works in the long run especially when a catalyst like bb10 has played out. QNX also is a hidden asset on their books. I believe it to be worth far more than the 600 million that they paid for it. Long and strong....