View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah. There's nothing to keep it propped up and the bears know it. I think they give it a day or so and take a run at it again.
    Low volume and for relatively cheap money they can make it appear as a technical breakdown and try to trigger some trades. Easy for the non-committed to just sell and walk away at this point. Not terrible, just disappointing. Patience.....
    05-06-13 02:44 PM
    I sold it all earlier this afternoon. There's nothing keeping this up this week. It's just going to sail on down until there's another bear raid.
    Apple has been consistently going up about 2% a day since they announced stock buy back. Maybe it's not a bad bandwagon to ride on short term?
    MasterMoe likes this.
    05-06-13 02:46 PM
    Low volume and for relatively cheap money they can make it appear as a technical breakdown and try to trigger some trades. Easy for the non-committed to just sell and walk away at this point. Not terrible, just disappointing. Patience.....
    Yeah, better bargains to be had later this week I hope.
    05-06-13 02:47 PM
    BlackBerry: Focus On The Long Term

Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)

There is always at least one stock present in the market that is used as a trading vehicle by fund managers, brokerage houses and speculators - recently, that stock has been BlackBerry (BBRY). However, the overall trend of BlackBerry has been upward in the past six months, and the stock has gained over 75% during the same period. Over the last three months, however, the trend has been negative and we have seen a decline of about 3% in the price.

[Read the rest at Seeking Alpha]
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 05-25-13 at 03:43 PM. Reason: notice from SA.
    05-06-13 02:47 PM

This is why allowing short trades is anti-free markets . Almost 33% of blackberry shares are shorted 165,000,000 shorted. The number tells me apple and or google maybe involved using different hedge funds. IMO it seems obvious that they can ont beat BB10. The only weapon is propaganda (media/paid off analysts) and manipulation (shorting).
    05-06-13 02:58 PM
    I really wish I bought some AAPL shares when they were $390 a share a couple of weeks ago. ~20% ROI in two weeks alone.

Apple has been consistently going up about 2% a day since they announced stock buy back. Maybe it's not a bad bandwagon to ride on short term?
    05-06-13 03:00 PM
    Wow, this is almost like a bad movie that I'm forced to watch.....over and over and over and over again. Getting difficult to shrug it off like I used to. Oh well, gotta keep suckin it up I guess.
    Yep, getting hard to stomach anymore. We'll see after the next two ERs. End of September will be the decision point for me.
    05-06-13 03:02 PM
    This is why allowing short trades is anti-free markets
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-beatdeadhorse.jpg
    lcjr, peter9477, Bugmapper and 5 others like this.
    05-06-13 03:07 PM
    BlackBerry: Focus On The Long Term

Conclusion

The long-term future of the company is secure, in my opinion. The products are doing well, costs are under control and the strategy is efficiently executed. However, in the short term, the stock will continue to be a choice of traders as well as brokers. BlackBerry is one of the most actively traded stocks in the market, which makes it an easy target for traders, speculators, funds and brokerage houses. As a result, long-term investors will have to be patient in the short term as the activities of these players might impact BlackBerry negatively in the short term.

Posted via CB10
    So, if this trend continues then even those "staying long" will eventually tire of this and move on to another opportunity. The question I have is how much longer will BBRY continue to be a catalyst for traders, speculators, funds and brokerage houses?
    05-06-13 03:09 PM
    Yep, getting hard to stomach anymore. We'll see after the next two ERs. End of September will be the decision point for me.
    The trouble right now is that this stock needs some good solid facts and it doesn't look like the company is prepared to release anything.
    05-06-13 03:14 PM
    Yes it is a struggle...not sure that there is a time frame. I wish I had the answer for you.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    05-06-13 03:15 PM
    So, if this trend continues then even those "staying long" will eventually tire of this and move on to another opportunity. The question I have is how much longer will BBRY continue to be a catalyst for traders, speculators, funds and brokerage houses?
    Until there's something solid enough to gap it up significantly. In the meantime it's just languishing.

I am starting to think that the US launch of the Q10 won't garner anything for the SP. The Canadian launch did absolutely nothing.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-06-13 03:19 PM
    05-06-13 03:19 PM
    For me, if we're floating around $17 and change come September, that's a total game
    changer for me.
    Scott Lefebvre and Bugmapper like this.
    05-06-13 03:20 PM
    The trouble right now is that this stock needs some good solid facts and it doesn't look like the company is prepared to release anything.
    I hear you man, but you have to admit this is rediculous. If nothing's changed by the end of September I'll find another opportunity.
    Lcjr tsla up 9 points today? How much more juice in that battery?
    For me, if we're floating around $17 and change come September, that's a total game
    changer for me.
    How so? Meaning, if we're at $17 you'll stick around or will that be the catalyst to seek something else? I'm just venting on the Monday blues I guess but dang, we were already at the $18 mark before.
    05-06-13 03:22 PM
    Lcjr tsla up 9 points today? How much more juice in that battery?
    Yep, they just set another 52 week high AGAIN. lol.
    05-06-13 03:23 PM
    I think as you all know I'm a new investor - however, seeing some of the recent posts/tweets on the stock forums around BBRY, some longs seem to be losing their faith.

Let's strengthen our resolve and recall why BBRY is still a financially and fundamentally sound investment. This is more applicable to those in it for the long-haul.

With a share which is trading at nearly book value - it suggests the market still has yet to appreciate that Blackberry is making sales. Book value only accounts for cumulative assets net its liabilities which do not take into account any of the potential profits that Blackberry makes. At least that is my understanding.

If that understanding is true, with such strong evidence that both sales and margins for the new devices are increasing, with a solid product and as well as a potential reclamation of its dominance in enterprise management and security with the associated service revenues - we should expect that BBRY either this year, or the years to come will definitely gain in its SP momentum.

I believe someone earlier in the forum suggested that short-term the market is rather in-efficient at recognizing and appreciating value but is quite reliable in appreciating market value in the mid to long-term.

This OS is the equivalent to the earlier shots Android had taken into the Mobile OS environment. Albeit a much cleaner and fluid experience than Android's initial foray but nonetheless a testament to what time can do to help progress the ecosystem as it matures & adds developers and grows its community.

As a long and self proclaimed value investor - I continue to hold firm in my resolve that Blackberry will appreciate to its market value and continue to innovate and grow its business. Hopefully learning from its past mistakes.

Cheers Folks!
    05-06-13 03:25 PM
    So just cause I want to add some specualtion, what if the R10 leaks coming out are from a Chinese hardware manufacturer and not BlackBerry?

I know they all had the prominent "BlackBerry" branding, but all the previous leaks for devices usually came from a Vietnamese source.

Maybe one of the anouncements next week?

Any thoughts?
    Shanerredflag and Bugmapper like this.
    05-06-13 03:27 PM
    Yep, they just set another 52 week high AGAIN. lol.
    Good for them!! And good for Elon Musk for standing up to what's right!! And good for you of course!!
    05-06-13 03:27 PM
    I saw the photos. I'll say nothing else. lol
    05-06-13 03:28 PM
    How so? Meaning, if we're at $17 you'll stick around or will that be the catalyst to seek something else? I'm just venting on the Monday blues I guess but dang, we were already at the $18 mark before.
    Well, right now BB:tse is floating around $15-$16 and change, so if there's not a significant improvement in the SP in the next two
    ER, I'm reassessing my long position. I feel that giving it 2 more ER's will somehow tell a better tale if it can at least sustain an $18 for more than 2 seconds lol. I also feel that sustaining the $18 ish levels will be helpful to shake the bears and drive the SP up.
    05-06-13 03:30 PM
    I think as you all know I'm a new investor - however, seeing some of the recent posts/tweets on the stock forums around BBRY, some longs seem to be losing their faith.
    oh, I'm not doubting the company, just letting out a bit of frustration on the manipulation that continues. For christ's sake, TH had to step up and get his legal team involved. That's all, I'm done. I'm sure it's just the Monday blues.
    05-06-13 03:33 PM
    I hope that the Q10 isn't cannibalizing the Z10.

There have been some mixed messages from Thor since the initial launch of the BB10 about his sales expectations of the Z10 and Q10. I believe that initially he expected the Z10 sales to vastly outperform those of the Q10 but now he says the opposite.
    05-06-13 03:33 PM
113,250 ... 886887888889890 ...