View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    I checked the other threads but couldn't find a launch/release schedule from Blackberry. Has anybody seen one yet?
    05-03-13 10:08 AM
    05-03-13 10:09 AM
    Cash ready for..... big dip and recovery???
    Yep, i'm sure that's what he means... Luckily, we're holding steady it seems.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-03-13 10:13 AM
    On twitter:
    Blackberry services have resumed after a 3 hour outage.
    05-03-13 10:13 AM
    Bought some more shares, put a sell at 16.50... hope we hit that today!
    Would you consider it a successful trade if your limit order executed at $16.48 or $16.49? If yes, please consider revising your order. There is a penny bid/ask spread on buying the stock at this time (you can't expect to do better than that), which means that if you believe that there's some validity to such psychological price points as $15.00, $15.50, $20.00, for instance--nice round numbers or those on .50 increments--then you might want to consider lowering your $16.50 limit order to sell to $16.48 or $16.49 so that you're on the conservative side of the current expected spread and so that if the stock touches $16.50 and then retreats you have a chance of getting your trade executed--at least partially. Also, don't forget to place a GTC (good 'till cancelled) order if you want to keep your play in place into next week should your trade not get filled completely today.
    05-03-13 10:17 AM
    Thats awesome, the story didnt have a chance to grow legs and run
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-03-13 10:18 AM
    Last thing we need is him jumping on the bandwagon. He is the kiss of death as far as I am concerned.
    He's right about half the time.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-03-13 10:18 AM
    So, we'll close within 5 cents of $16 today. Any bet takers.

Posted via CB10
    I'll take that bet buddy. A six pack of virtual beer says the SP ends today around $15.
    05-03-13 10:19 AM
    For those of us using Stocks for BlackBerry 10 , they have pushed an update this morning. Looks like a lot of good additions including current currency exchange rates and now being able to view charts in landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    I sent the dev an email with some suggested improvements. Within couple hrs he replied. Very good comm and seems to want make app better. He said an update was waiting BlackBerry approval ( guess this is it) and another update will be submitted to then in near future as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:20 AM

I'll take that bet buddy. A six pack of virtual beer says the SP ends today around $15.
    Around $15? That's a hefty drop in price my friend. I don't like your attitude... lol
    05-03-13 10:23 AM
    Yes. If you subscribe to his newsletter and pay, you find out he is recommending X stock. A few days later Cramer tells the public and it shoots up and, I think, the smart ones sell into the rally. The louder he yells, the bigger the rally. Look at his CNBC disclosure, it does say recommendations may have been previously expressed....

I saw a study that said 9 out of 10 of the sheeple who follow his recommendations own iphones...
    tygros and bungaboy like this.
    05-03-13 10:26 AM
    Around $15? That's a hefty drop in price my friend. I don't like your attitude... lol
    Hahahaha. Just looked at the Friday trends man. hahaha.
    05-03-13 10:27 AM
    Hahahaha. Just looked at the Friday trends man. hahaha.
    Well I still don't like it...
    lcjr and CDM76 like this.
    05-03-13 10:30 AM
    What's everyone thoughts on the upcoming BlackBerry Live event? Heins seems really giddy every time he talks about it. I have a feeling they're going to showcase a "dumb" tablet. Something that is basically a display that syncs with your bb10 device.

I think Heins is onto something with the "tablet's dying in 5 years" comment. There's no point in having a bunch of expensive mini computers ie. iphone + ipad. You just need one computer (z10 and q10) and cheap lcd screens to mimic what's on those screens.

Also, they might release some more info on the R10.
    05-03-13 10:32 AM
    What's everyone thoughts on the upcoming BlackBerry Live event? Heins seems really giddy every time he talks about it. I have a feeling they're going to showcase a "dumb" tablet. Something that is basically a display that syncs with your bb10 device.

I think Heins is onto something with the "tablet's dying in 5 years" comment. There's no point in having a bunch of expensive mini computers ie. iphone + ipad. You just need one computer (z10 and q10) and cheap lcd screens to mimic what's on those screens.

I don't think it makes any difference.
    05-03-13 10:35 AM

I think he'll announce the future plans of a really cool device. Maybe the special that's supposed to arrive around Christmas time frame. I think it will be what you're getting at, a replacement concept for the tablet. I can't wait.
    05-03-13 10:35 AM
    BlackBerry 10 cleared for use on US Department of Defense networks | PCWorld
    The U.S. Department of Defense has cleared BlackBerry 10 smartphones and PlayBook tablets for use on its networks, amid reports that the department may also clear devices from Samsung Electronics and Apple.

The department has approved BlackBerry 10 smartphones and PlayBook tablets with its enterprise mobility management platform BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to be used on its networks, BlackBerry said Thursday.

After testing through DoD labs, the devices have been listed in the Defense Information Systems Agency's Unified Communications Approved Product List. DISA, which manages the information infrastructure for defense, certifies commercial technology for defense use.

The company, formerly known as Research In Motion, had announced in November that its BlackBerry 10 platform was FIPS 140-2 certified. FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) security certification would enable government agencies to deploy BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, it said.

BlackBerry said in March it shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter which ended March 2. The Z10 is the first BlackBerry 10 OS device. BlackBerry shipped a total of 6 million smartphones in the quarter, the company said as it released its quarterly earnings.

The current approval from the department covers the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 smartphones and PlayBook tablets on DoD networks, which will likely give a boost to sales of these devices, which the company is counting on to revive its business. The Q10 is already available in the U.K. and Canada, but not yet in the U.S.

The DoD, however, expects to give security approvals in the coming weeks for Samsung's Galaxy smartphones and iPhones and iPads running Apple's latest operating system, The Wall Street Journal reported this week. The department has already cleared Samsung's Knox, a new Android-based platform designed by the company to enhance security of the current open source Android,
    according to reports Thursday quoting a Pentagon spokesman. The DoD could not be immediately reached for comment.

John Ribeiro covers outsourcing and general technology breaking news from India for The IDG News Service. Follow John on Twitter at @Johnribeiro. John's e-mail address is john_ribeiro@idg.com
    zyben likes this.
    05-03-13 10:36 AM
    Crap WSJ is reporting on the outage saying its global and not a mention of its been fixed
    05-03-13 10:37 AM

The one thing I'm trying to do is keep my hopes for announcements in check. After the hype of the launch event with the subsequent "we've seen all this before", I will keep my enthusiasm to a nominal level. As for the "dumb" tablet, I don't think so. The PB problem was that it only worked with BB devices for any functionality. Also, he's talking future at the moment and to introduce a product and concept that's still at least 5 years out wouldn't be prudent when the company is needing to address current mobile needs and solutions.
    m0de25 and OMGitworks like this.
    05-03-13 10:38 AM
    I think he'll announce the future plans of a really cool device. Maybe the special that's supposed to arrive around Christmas time frame. I think it will be what you're getting at, a replacement concept for the tablet. I can't wait.
    Yeah, it's going to be exciting for us but the markets won't care much.
    m0de25 likes this.

Although what is the point of a dumb tablet when a full capable tablet, like the PlayBook, would bring in much better margins.

Posted via CB10
    I sent the dev an email with some suggested improvements. Within couple hrs he replied. Very good comm and seems to want make app better. He said an update was waiting BlackBerry approval ( guess this is it) and another update will be submitted to then in near future as well.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this.
    05-03-13 10:41 AM
    Crap WSJ is reporting on the outage saying its global and not a mention of its been fixed
    Looks like they read the one headline out of India and decided not to follow up with any sort of fact finding. Oh the joy of shill bloggers.
    05-03-13 10:42 AM

Looks like $16 is the stock manipulated price of the day. ....

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 10:43 AM
    Yeah, it's going to be exciting for us but the markets won't care much.
    Yipe. The market is asking bbry to "show us the money" but so far it has not materialized. It will take quarter after quarter of analyst beating results to unveil the "Short Squeeze".

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:44 AM
107,300 ... 871872873874875 ...