View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lang and O'Leary exchange discussing DoD allowing iPhones and Samsung phones, spinning it as a direct hit to BlackBerry. Clearly they don't understand the different tiering of device use there with different levels of security. They basically put all devices in one basket.
    morganplus8, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 06:56 PM
    Q10 cameo, Z10 on a shopping cart... I predict a no-nonsense partnership between BBRY and Cisco to build this mobile computing "internet of things". $5 says they'll announce something together at or before BlackBerry Live.
    My thoughts the same. I would guess QNX powers a lot of their infrastructure.
    05-02-13 06:56 PM
    I see green tomorrow, at least for most of the day.
    05-02-13 06:57 PM
    I see green tomorrow, at least for most of the day.
    As long as that most of the day is at the end

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:00 PM
    News is out in AH stock is up over 1.5%
    m0de25, bungaboy and ItsTheBox like this.
    05-02-13 07:00 PM
    CJ, where's your avatar?

Edit.. Never mind.
    05-02-13 07:01 PM
    You guys didn't the Z10 on the cart?

Cisco and BlackBerry are perfect partners imo. Both have the long term mobile computing visions.
    I really hope that was made in a Home Depot store.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cisco.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cisco2.jpg
    Scott Lefebvre and lcjr like this.
    05-02-13 07:05 PM
    [QUOTE=bungaboy;8417132]I really hope that was made in a Home Depot store.

Interestingly there is no BB branding on the devices but you know they are BBs. Maybe the tablet too?!?!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 07:18 PM
    [QUOTE=leafs123;8417158]

Interestingly there is no BB branding on the devices but you know they are BBs. Maybe the tablet too?!?!
    Well there's no mistaking the Q10 for any other brand but the Z could be mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:29 PM
    Sorry if this was already shared. But came through on my stock news tracker after hours

"Company News Alert
    BlackBerry devices approved for use on U.S. Department of Defense (Thomson Reuters)

May 2 (Reuters) - BlackBerry said U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has approved its new line of devices powered by the revamped BlackBerry 10 operating system to be used on DoD networks.

The approval allows all Department of Defense customers to use the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 smartphones, and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets on DoD networks.

This comes after a Pentagon spokesperson said on Wednesday that the Pentagon is expected to clear Apple Inc, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile devices for use on Defense Department networks in the next few weeks.

The Pentagon unveiled a plan in February aimed at giving the military services a much broader range of choices among mobile devices. The department has 470,000 BlackBerry users, 41,000 Apple users and 8,700 people with Android devices."
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 07:38 PM
    This one too.

"BlackBerry 10 Smartphones Approved for Use On U.S. Department of Defense Networks (ccnm)

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 2, 2013) - BlackBerry� (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has approved BlackBerry� 10 smartphones and BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablets with BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 to be used on DoD networks. Working with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets have undergone successful testing through DoD labs leading to a subsequent listing on DISA's Unified Communications Approved Product List (UC APL).

The approval allows all DoD customers to use the BlackBerry� Z10 and BlackBerry� Q10 smartphones, and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets on DoD networks.

"IDC research shows that mobile security continues to be of utmost importance to government agencies around the globe," said Stephen D. Drake, Program Vice President, Mobility & Telecom at IDC. "The U.S. Department of Defense's strict security requirements are amongst the highest in the world, and this allows other government bodies to follow suit. The role of BlackBerry including devices and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 continues to be important and relevant for security conscious organizations."

"BlackBerry 10 is ideal for our government customers because it offers a rich, highly responsive mobile computing experience, along with BlackBerry's proven and validated security model - a combination that's unmatched in the industry," said Scott Totzke, SVP, BlackBerry Security at BlackBerry. "This approval will enable DoD customers to connect their BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 smartphones to DoD networks and securely access assets from work, while enjoying the wealth of consumer-oriented functionality that BlackBerry 10 brings to market."

For more information about BlackBerry 10, please visit: www.blackberry.com/BB10."
    bungaboy, plane6065 and lcjr like this.
    05-02-13 07:39 PM
    And this one is just a very exciting read - Sorry again if it is a repost - didn't have time to read through the last 20 or so pages

BlackBerry Previews Secure Work Space Technology for Third Party Platforms (ccnm)

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 2, 2013) - BlackBerry� (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today confirmed its commitment to bringing a solution that will separate and secure work and personal data on mobile devices to third party platforms. Secure Work Space for iOS� and Android™ will be managed through BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry's multi-platform enterprise mobility management solution which builds upon more than a decade of enterprise and security expertise and is the most widely deployed mobility solution in enterprises today.

An update for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 will soon extend BlackBerry security capabilities for data-at-rest and data-in-transit and provide complete separation between work and personal data. The BlackBerry Secure Work Space solution includes secured client applications for email, calendar, contacts, tasks, memos, secure browsing and document editing for each device that is provisioned via BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.

"With BlackBerry� Balance™ technology, we offer the industry's only true compromise-free separation of work and personal data and applications," said David J Smith, EVP, Enterprise Mobile Computing. "With Secure Work Space for iOS and Android devices, we're extending as many of these features as possible to other platforms, critical in today's Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) world. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 offers administrators a single, intuitive platform enabling them to effectively and securely manage a variety of devices while protecting their corporate assets and at the same time providing employees the flexibility they desire."

The Secure Work Space solution enables customers to save considerable effort and expense as they no longer need to configure and manage expensive VPN infrastructures to provide mobile device access to data and applications that reside behind their corporate firewalls. With end-to-end enterprise mobility management, a straightforward deployment process, and a global and flexible technical support model, BlackBerry offers a secure and reliable solution as the clear choice for enterprises and governments to support BYOD policies for iOS and Android platforms. Additional applications can easily be secured and added to the workspace, without the need to modify source code.

"The vast majority of smartphones on the market aren't adequately secure for corporate or government work," said Robert Enderle, Principal Analyst, Enderle Group. "Currently BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 combined with BlackBerry Balance or Secure Work Space has the only volume solution which has been designed from the ground up to provide the security most IT departments require. With this announcement BlackBerry is expanding beyond their own top to bottom approach to security to address this need on other platforms. With this product BlackBerry is showcasing their security legacy by providing a stronger cross platform security solution than anyone else can in the market."

Closed beta testing for Secure Work Space has already started and general availability will be offered by the end of the second quarter, calendar year 2013. More details will be announced at the BlackBerry Live conference in May, 2013 in Orlando, Florida.
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 07:41 PM
    I don't know how to post a screen shot but at the very end of the commercial it has the Blackberry logo and says
    TOMORROWstartshere

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cisco.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	157295

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cisco2.jpg 
Views:	813 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	157296
    bungaboy and plane6065 like this.
    05-02-13 07:56 PM
    I don't know how to post a screen shot but at the very end of the commercial it has the Blackberry logo and says
    TOMORROWstartshere
    That's a hash tag, not the BlackBerry symbol

Posted via CB10
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 08:00 PM
    Lol sorry I guess I got a little too excited
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-02-13 08:09 PM
    Love the HUGE news in the after hours:

- Some more written thoughts on Thorstens assertion that the tablet = peripheral to a root device
    - DoD approving BB10 hardware
    - Cisco commercial (wow!) and the internet of things... seems like some tangible "evidence" of this are begining to surface!!!

Have a great night wherever you are and ttyl!
    05-02-13 08:10 PM
    Love the HUGE news in the after hours:

- Some more written thoughts on Thorstens assertion that the tablet = peripheral to a root device
    - DoD approving BB10 hardware
    - Cisco commercial (wow!) and the internet of things... seems like some tangible "evidence" of this are begining to surface!!!

Have a great night wherever you are and ttyl!
    Now why all this can't happen mid day is beyond me

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:12 PM
    Good night guys 'n gal.

Positive day tomorrow.

Trying to find the video of the new Tim Horton's Panini with the Z10 in prominence.
    05-02-13 08:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully this just means a big push tomorrow!
    lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    05-02-13 08:17 PM
    Always! Beware of the shwhorets , they , as of now, are in control of these shares. The bulk is owned by the big boys that don't trade . we own a smaller portion as longs and traders ( long ) but over 30 % are in trouble and hungry . That's why they are able to take us down even with the mounting good news.... I am 61 and have traded for 35 years . Cut my teeth in futures in the late 70's... I believe in this company and I OWN SHARES ! Best, Dennis
    05-02-13 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cuz this way the shorts can't react until it is too late.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-02-13 08:36 PM
    20% rally tommorrow!
    05-02-13 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder that very same thing.
    05-02-13 08:53 PM
    How many are short now 170-175million shares? The shorts have to short to manipulate the Sp. If only the US markets were based on a free market system which thye like to believe they are but in reality far from it.
    I missed you man, welcome back!
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 08:55 PM
    Climbing tomorrow seems to be order...
    05-02-13 08:57 PM
113,256 ... 866867868869870 ...