1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looking good:

Toronto Stores Report Strong Sales Of The BlackBerry Q10

Disclosure: I am long BBRY. (More...)

The BlackBerry Q10 has come to North America, and the first stop is in Toronto. BlackBerry (BBRY) was launched on May 1st only in Toronto to ensure that supply is available for the expected high demand. The rest of Canada is expected to start selling the new physical keyboard smartphone over the next couple of days.

[Read the rest at Seeking Alpha]
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 05-25-13 at 03:49 PM. Reason: notice from SA.
    05-02-13 07:05 AM
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, both sober and drunk. You guys and gals are keeping me sane and focused through some challenging times at home.
    Hey man, my best wishes. I usually deal with challenges with compartmentization, not letting one area affecting other parts of my life. Hope that you will pass this soon. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    05-02-13 07:17 AM
    BBRY (and Bugmapper) needs MORE COWBELL TODAY!!! Let's cut the BS and rock n' roll this!
    05-02-13 07:26 AM
    He's a good spokesperson. Good interview.
    Interviewer was a friendly.
    m0de25 and CDM76 like this.
    05-02-13 07:33 AM
    BBRY (and Bugmapper) needs MORE COWBELL TODAY!!! Let's cut the BS and rock n' roll this!
    I'm on it.

Posted via CB10
    tygros, bungaboy, q649 and 4 others like this.
    05-02-13 07:35 AM
    I'm on it.

Posted via CB10
    Back up to $15.80...keep pounding on that cowbell!!! Lol
    05-02-13 07:38 AM
    Okay men and lady, you know the drill, we have some modest downside here to the uptrend line and plenty of upside, here's the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-2-2013-chart.jpg

This channel is a tight one, we can almost hit the top/bottom of the channel in one day. When we touch one of the green lines, it is time for traders to go the other direction. Today, we have RSI at 60 which gives us plenty of upside potential here. A reading of RSI = 30 is the start of "over-sold" and a reading of RSI = 70 is the start of "over-bought, in both cases we can easily overshoot those numbers by up to 15 additional points. This is how we are getting to $ 18.00/shr this time around. Every time we correct, the RSI backs up leaving us with a bit more upside momentum. This is how we are going to new 52 week highs. Do you see the pattern here? We run up, sell off a bit, run higher etc., until we reach new highs. So don't be worried about profit-taking, we need it to go higher here. The days range is set at the 5-dma which is climbing first thing this morning, and that green uptrend line which crosses at about $ 15.65/shr. So you want to see us not drop too far below $ 15.65/shr and to rally today and confirm the channel. A perfect day would have us no lower than $ 15.65/shr and closing positive well into the $ 16.00/shr area for tomorrow. So where are you going to BUY today? Yeah, close to $ 15.65/shr, ... isn't this simple? Let's get over $ 16.00/shr for the close. GL
    05-02-13 07:40 AM
    Back up to $15.80...keep pounding on that cowbell!!! Lol
    LoL, CJ actually bumped it into the green by $.01 at 8:37... Seems to be working
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 07:41 AM
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, both sober and drunk. You guys and gals are keeping me sane and focused through some challenging times at home.
    Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way my friend.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-02-13 07:42 AM
    Okay men and lady, you know the drill, we have some modest downside here to the uptrend line and plenty of upside, here's the chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM May 2 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	734 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	157080

This channel is a tight one, we can almost hit the top/bottom of the channel in one day. When we touch one of the green lines, it is time for traders to go the other direction. Today, we have RSI at 60 which gives us plenty of upside potential here. A reading of RSI = 30 is the start of "over-sold" and a reading of RSI = 70 is the start of "over-bought, in both cases we can easily overshoot those numbers by up to 15 additional points. This is how we are getting to $ 18.00/shr this time around. Every time we correct, the RSI backs up leaving us with a bit more upside momentum. This is how we are going to new 52 week highs. Do you see the pattern here? We run up, sell off a bit, run higher etc., until we reach new highs. So don't be worried about profit-taking, we need it to go higher here. The days range is set at the 5-dma which is climbing first thing this morning, and that green uptrend line which crosses at about $ 15.65/shr. So you want to see us not drop too far below $ 15.65/shr and to rally today and confirm the channel. A perfect day would have us no lower than $ 15.65/shr and closing positive well into the $ 16.00/shr area for tomorrow. So where are you going to BUY today? Yeah, close to $ 15.65/shr, ... isn't this simple? Let's get over $ 16.00/shr for the close. GL

Thanks M+8. I was looking forward to this.
    bungaboy, cjcampbell, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    05-02-13 07:43 AM
    Was just reading an Engadget article on the Q10 Cdn launch only being available first in Toronto (then they updated the title citing that different users are reporting availability elsewhere as well) and one of the comments was:

"Why do BlackBerry articles always require an "update"? Stop assuming and just get the facts straight the first time around."

The story of our lives for the last 6 mths!
    05-02-13 08:05 AM
    I understand the staggered roll out that BlackBerry is doing to create buzz. What I don't get is if you're concentrating on Toronto then every store should be completely overflowing with stock. In that seeking alpha article posted earlier, it mentioned that a guy wanted to buy 20 Q10's for his company and was turned away. That shouldn't happen.

Is this a problem of the retailer/carrier underestimating demand or BlackBerry supply issue?
    m0de25 likes this.
    05-02-13 08:11 AM
    I figure $15 at closing today. Prove me wrong BBRY!!! Lol
    05-02-13 08:12 AM
    Wire sent.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:17 AM
    i'm guessing no one has seen this bad news yet:
    Fort BlackBerry no more: Pentagon ready to allow Apple, Samsung, devices on base - The Globe and Mail

The Pentagon is expected to clear Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile devices for use on Defense Department networks in the next few weeks, part of an effort to ensure the military has access to the latest communications technology

i recall reading the same stuff months ago, but the bears are recycling crap again, so could be time for a bear raid.
    05-02-13 08:22 AM
    Fort BlackBerry no more: Pentagon ready to allow Apple, Samsung, devices on base - The Globe and Mail

The Pentagon is expected to clear Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile devices for use on Defense Department networks in the next few weeks, part of an effort to ensure the military has access to the latest communications technology

i recall reading the same stuff months ago, but the bears are recycling crap again, so could be time for a bear raid.
    Which is where BES10 (hopefully) comes in at $100 a pop for BBRY.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 08:25 AM

There's been so much chatter around regarding this that until anything solid comes out, I am not going to pay any attention to it. Also, it's no secret that they've been looking at other hardware options to compliment their current lineup. It's the MDM solution that I want to hear about and it's going to be quite some time before we have any solid news on any of this stuff.
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 08:26 AM

This story seems to be all over the place today, and will probably govern the SP today (Thanks to the lack of news about the launch in Canada)....
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 08:26 AM
    Hi Morganplus8!

Many thanks for your charts.

For the 1st time, today I decided to use the simple 5 DMA on the charts for the S&P 500 stocks and see what, if any, the effect it has.

Good god man!! The prices really do hug the 5 DMAs!! The Campbell Soup stock was beautiful to look at! I will now be implementing this type of TA into my trading methodology.

Many thanks once again for your guidance.
    05-02-13 08:27 AM
    Welcome back DudeBB!
    05-02-13 08:30 AM
    Welcome back DudeBB!
    ???

Edit- Sorry, I had missed DudeBB's post above.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-02-13 08:36 AM
    I call BS on the new Dude. I tried to read the post in my best Russian accent and it didn't make sense or cause me to roll on the floor laughing.
    05-02-13 08:42 AM
    ???

Edit- Sorry, I had missed DudeBB's post above.
    Ah... I just think he's a good sport about it all. Not saying I agree with him, but it's nice to read other side of things, no matter how crazy maybe just me? lol!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-02-13 08:42 AM
    Share trading volume is pretty anemic so far.
    05-02-13 08:43 AM
    Tried twice to push past $15.75 and it failed.
    05-02-13 08:44 AM
113,256 ... 852853854855856 ...