View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Yep, you pick your poison here in the US. Depending on your tax bracket, deductions and such gives you some direction and options. Pay now, pay later, deduct....

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. In the Government we have the Thrift Savings Plan which is a tax deferred agency matching contributions plan. We also now have a Roth so you can choose or combine. I use the tax deferred because I have no true deductions right now and this helps some. I want to retire early (again) at 56, so that negates the Roth where I can't touch investments until 59.
    04-30-13 05:21 PM
    This, and I like to play whack a mole with the odd troll that shows up for some entertainment
    That you do. lol!
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 05:23 PM
    Nice run up today. Very fun.
    I'd be careful playing the day trade game on this stock right now. I think a lot of us are expecting it to pop. When it does, if you aren't already in, you will miss a lot of its move.
    I'm long and not going anywhere. Even if the stock doubled tomorrow, I wouldn't sell. This stock has that type of potential, I think.
    04-30-13 05:31 PM
    Hey, what about Canadian bacon and ice wine? LOL
    .... and BEER!!!
    04-30-13 05:32 PM
    Seriously, where is Dude, I think he should make a Cameo right about now, the timing is good.....
    lcjr, Shanerredflag, q649 and 2 others like this.
    04-30-13 05:43 PM
    Seriously, where is Dude, I think he should make a Cameo right about now, the timing is good.....
    I'm surprised Dude hasn't resurfaced under a new profile. ???? Maybe ???
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 05:46 PM
    Nah, I think Dude must've moved on. We'd recognize him with his offhand remarks.
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 06:01 PM
    Dudes doing dishes in a Dutch ditch while dictating delicate debauchery about gas prices.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, erodenero, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    04-30-13 06:02 PM
    BlackBerry (TSE: RIM)‘s stock had its “sector perform” rating restated by analysts at RBC Capital in a research report issued to clients and investors on Tuesday, StocKRatingsNetwork.com reports. They currently have a C$18.00 price target on the stock.

A number of other firms have also recently commented on RIM. Analysts at Pacific Crest reiterated an “underperform” rating on shares of BlackBerry in a research note to investors on Thursday, April 11th. Separately, analysts at Scotiabank cut their price target on shares of BlackBerry from C$23.00 to C$22.35 in a research note to investors on Monday, April 1st. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock. Finally, analysts at CSFB downgraded shares of BlackBerry from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating in a research note to investors on Thursday, January 31st.

Six analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, seven have assigned a hold rating and three have issued a buy rating to the stock. BlackBerry currently has an average rating of “Hold” and an average price target of C$13.35.

Shares of BlackBerry (TSE: RIM) remained flat at $13.01 during during mid-day trading trading on Tuesday. BlackBerry has a 52 week low of $6.10 and a 52 week high of $18.49. The stock’s 50-day moving average is currently $13.73.
    04-30-13 06:05 PM
    Whaaa???13.01?
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 06:08 PM
    Cheers to a great day folks!

I've been holding and avoiding the temptation to day trade this stock - especially now where it seems the market pessimism and negative sentiment is beginning to lose its hold on keeping this stock down. When this stock pops, it'll be fast and I don't want to miss it!

I've continued to try and find a valid or factual based bear argument among the sea of articles on the net to balance my view but the vast majority are simply speculative or very off base in terms of their estimates.

Let's hold on and who knows where this stock may go!

With QNX opening up future lines of business for BBRY & helping it be a more diversified company (automotive integration & the current systems in place) & TAT with its UI background - BBRY seems like a very promising long term investment. Looks like BBRY Management is looking to indeed pursue #1 mobile computing firm in the sector.

Long BBRY.
    04-30-13 06:16 PM
    Every CDN citizen has $25,500 for their TFSA right now. you room is on contributions, not value.
    I would suggest that everyone have BB in the TFSA if possible.
    I just got out of Uni this year and I haven't had enough to max-out my TFSA yet. Really wanted to use all those contributions to make the best out of BB. I'm really confident within a few years time this stock will be 4 to 5x its value today.

Here's to hoping!

-Mike
    04-30-13 06:29 PM
    BlackBerry (TSE: RIM)‘s stock had its “sector perform” rating restated by analysts at RBC Capital in a research report issued to clients and investors on Tuesday, StocKRatingsNetwork.com reports. They currently have a C$18.00 price target on the stock.

A number of other firms have also recently commented on RIM. Analysts at Pacific Crest reiterated an “underperform” rating on shares of BlackBerry in a research note to investors on Thursday, April 11th. Separately, analysts at Scotiabank cut their price target on shares of BlackBerry from C$23.00 to C$22.35 in a research note to investors on Monday, April 1st. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock. Finally, analysts at CSFB downgraded shares of BlackBerry from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating in a research note to investors on Thursday, January 31st.

Six analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, seven have assigned a hold rating and three have issued a buy rating to the stock. BlackBerry currently has an average rating of “Hold” and an average price target of C$13.35.

Shares of BlackBerry (TSE: RIM) remained flat at $13.01 during during mid-day trading trading on Tuesday. BlackBerry has a 52 week low of $6.10 and a 52 week high of $18.49. The stock’s 50-day moving average is currently $13.73.

Reads like a cut and paste disaster. Surprised the font isn't all different. Lol
    04-30-13 06:34 PM
    Just the standard for most any news item nowadays seems like. Cut and paste and call it 'original'.

Reads like a cut and paste disaster. Surprised the font isn't all different. Lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 06:41 PM
    Ho man if they ever come up with a bigger Q10, it will be a Hit for sure.
    I'm not a phablet guy myself, but I'm very excited at the prospect of BB coming out with a bigger version of the Q10. I think demand for this will be huge in business/government where people are used to carrying briefcases, folios, tablets, etc. And BB will be the absolute only player in this field. And if people are impressed with the BB typing experience, then look out... anything bigger will be that much faster and accurate.

Bring on the phaBBlet!!!
    m0de25 and sparkaction like this.
    04-30-13 06:43 PM
    Fellas, Ive been lurking in the background havent really had time to post, but wow what a day!
    I think were going to see some major developments in the next couple of weeks for sure.
    lets hope those shorts let go sooner rather than later so the $100 party isnt too far outta reach.
    anyway see u guys tmr!
    PS: BB10 Phablet PhaBBlet FTW!!!
    Last edited by erodenero; 04-30-13 at 07:17 PM.
    Compaqee likes this.
    04-30-13 06:58 PM
    Fellas, Ive been lurking in the background havent really had time to post, but wow what a day!
    I think were going to see some major developments in the next couple of weeks for sure.
    lets hope those shorts let go sooner rather than later so the $100 party isnt too far outta reach.
    anyway see u guys tmr!
    PS: BB10 Phablet FTW!!!
    You spelled PhaBBlet wrong
    bungaboy and erodenero like this.
    04-30-13 07:08 PM
    You spelled PhaBBlet wrong
    LOL! didnt notice, updating now!
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-30-13 07:16 PM
    contribution to a Roth IRA is not tax deductible but 100% of earning is tax freeand the limit $5,000 for 2012 tax return.
    Yes, my understanding the American version would be a Roth IRA. Not 100% sure on that though.
    04-30-13 07:26 PM
    I think a Torch style qwerty would be a nice high-tier qwerty device... best of both worlds.
    bungaboy and sparkaction like this.
    04-30-13 07:31 PM
    I think a Torch style qwerty would be a nice high-tier qwerty device... best of both worlds.
    Could possibly happen if this patent is an indicator.

BlackBerry Patent Featuring Slider Smartphone Might Hint At BB10 Torch : The Droid Guy
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 07:37 PM
    Here is information I know about Roth IRA it is a bit complex as anything related to tax in the US
    Contributions are not tax deductible no Mandatory Distribution Age all earnings and principal are 100% tax free if rules and regulations are followed Funds can be used to purchase a variety of investments (stocks, bonds, certificates of deposits, etc.) Available only to single-filers making up to $95,000 or married couples making a combined maximum of $150,000 annually Principal contributions can be withdrawn any time without penalty (subject to some minimal conditions).

Roth allows you to contribute after taxes have been paid. Tax deferred is before taxes but you have to pay later upon withdrawal.

Edit: Also, most Roth accounts have a stipulation where you can't withdraw the money until you've had funds in it for at least 1-5 years and be at least 59 years old. They are all a bit different but contributions are made from your already taxed income.
    04-30-13 07:39 PM
    More like "semi best" of both worlds... With a Swiss Army knife approach, you're losing a lot of the nuances that make a product great. In the case of a slider, the whole unit becomes invariably top heavy when opened, is thicker, heavier, prone to mechanical sliding failure, loses the natural flow of your thumbs reaching for the touchscreen - think tapping predictive text immediately above - because of the inherent step, etc. Just my opinion.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    04-30-13 07:43 PM
    04-30-13 07:43 PM
    More like "semi best" of both worlds... With a Swiss Army knife approach, you're losing a lot of the nuances that make a product great. In the case of a slider, the whole unit becomes invariably top heavy when opened, is thicker, heavier, prone to mechanical sliding failure, loses the natural flow of your thumbs reaching for the touchscreen - think tapping predictive text immediately above - because of the inherent step, etc. Just my opinion.
    I have to agree with m0de25,
    until they find a smarter way to hide the keyboard in a slider it will be disproportionate in weight as the screen weighs a lot less than the actual unit with the cpu/ram/etc.
    Not to mention if you drop the thing, tis pretty much toast, i remember someone mentioning that after being dropped the sliding portions will no longer line up, and it made me laugh cuz thats exactly what happened to mine.
    I had the 9800 torch, it was nice, but i found the only reason i pulled the keyboard out is because the touchscreen keyboard was so garbarge. I think with bb10 this wont be an issue, but im sure some people just prefer the option. I personally like the candybar form factor to the slider or flip, but hey a bb10 slider couldnt hurt, might as well target that area of the market if no one else is.
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-30-13 07:52 PM
104,881 ... 830831832833834 ...