View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    I watched the interview - I think if you read between the lines I think a phablet is coming...which is awesome news as I will totally want one
    I'm not a phablet guy myself, but I'm very excited at the prospect of BB coming out with a bigger version of the Q10. I think demand for this will be huge in business/government where people are used to carrying briefcases, folios, tablets, etc. And BB will be the absolute only player in this field. And if people are impressed with the BB typing experience, then look out... anything bigger will be that much faster and accurate.

Bring on the phaBBlet!!!
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and Compaqee like this.
    04-30-13 02:23 PM
    did you say 6% dividend? You have my attention, tell me more!
    Haha yeah it was quite higher earlier in the year. Quick overview
    "Whitecap Resources Inc., formerly Spitfire Energy Ltd., is engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids in Western Canada. The Company’s activities are concentrated primarily in Northwest Central Alberta and Southwest Saskatchewan. On July 1, 2010, the Company amalgamated with its wholly owned subsidiary Whitecap Resources Inc. During fiscal 2010, the Company produced an average of 355 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed). On July 12, 2010, the Company entered into an agreement to acquire a private company. The primary assets to be acquired are located in the Pembina region of west central Alberta with production and reserves focused in the Cardium formation. In April 2011, the Company acquired Spry Energy Ltd. In April 2012, it acquired all of the issued and outstanding class A common shares of Midway Energy Ltd"

They have solid light oil assets in the viking and just solid assets all around Western Canada. Management has a pretty good track record and I mean they acquiring strategically every year, which is a strong indicator of growth for this company. They are a top pick on many analyst reports (not that this is the best indication). Financially sound, strong equity position to pay out dividends at a reasonable payout ratio but continue to grow like a monster. Low debt.

Earnings out on the 6th, so that may be a good time to buy or at least read up on the company.
    take99 likes this.
    04-30-13 02:24 PM
    Haha yeah it was quite higher earlier in the year. Quick overview
    "Whitecap Resources Inc., formerly Spitfire Energy Ltd., is engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids in Western Canada. The Company’s activities are concentrated primarily in Northwest Central Alberta and Southwest Saskatchewan. On July 1, 2010, the Company amalgamated with its wholly owned subsidiary Whitecap Resources Inc. During fiscal 2010, the Company produced an average of 355 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed). On July 12, 2010, the Company entered into an agreement to acquire a private company. The primary assets to be acquired are located in the Pembina region of west central Alberta with production and reserves focused in the Cardium formation. In April 2011, the Company acquired Spry Energy Ltd. In April 2012, it acquired all of the issued and outstanding class A common shares of Midway Energy Ltd"

They have solid light oil assets in the viking and just solid assets all around Western Canada. Management has a pretty good track record and I mean they acquiring strategically every year, which is a strong indicator of growth for this company. They are a top pick on many analyst reports (not that this is the best indication). Financially sound, strong equity position to pay out dividends at a reasonable payout ratio but continue to grow like a monster. Low debt.
    I vote that we try to keep this thread restricted to trading BBRY. Otherwise, I have a dozen or so other companies I would like to discuss and I'm sure there are better forums within which to have general stock-trading discussions...
    04-30-13 02:27 PM
    04-30-13 02:28 PM
    Thor has been giddy and really upbeat lately. I think we are due for some breaking news. How does tomorrow morning sound?

Posted via CB10
    MoolahMitch and bungaboy like this.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000165.png

Loving the 5 day chart.... or should I say staircase

Posted via CB10
    Are the bears losing their appetite here? Seems strange there has been no serious push back. Perhaps they are waiting for the end of the day but this is getting away from them a bit.
    Flies change donkey (does this means something in English ? Mhhhhoooooooo )
    Heins BNN interview from today

BNN Video Player
    If you're mostly interested in the possible announcement of a phablet, skip ahead to 7:30
    I'm not a phablet guy myself, but I'm very excited at the prospect of BB coming out with a bigger version of the Q10. I think demand for this will be huge in business/government where people are used to carrying briefcases, folios, tablets, etc. And BB will be the absolute only player in this field. And if people are impressed with the BB typing experience, then look out... anything bigger will be that much faster and accurate.

Bring on the phaBBlet!!!
    I would definately buy one as soon as they were available. oh yeah!
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-30-13 02:29 PM

Bring on the phaBBlet!!!
    I don't think it will be a bigger Q10. I think the phablet will be a bigger Z10. For the Q10 I think they will be going smaller with a mid-range device like the Curve, however a slider may come first, before the "Curve".
    04-30-13 02:30 PM
    Flies change donkey (does this means something in English ? Mhhhhoooooooo )
    Not sure but I like it!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-30-13 02:31 PM
    If you're mostly interested in the possible announcement of a phablet, skip ahead to 7:30
    I would but my computer at work won't open that link.
    More of this please

Dealers buying the Z10 and Q10 to be rewarded with travel vouchers, with the top prize to the value of 5,000

Carphone Warehouse Business has launched The Points Passport incentive, giving dealers buying the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 the chance to win a holiday worth 5,000.

Running from May 1 until July 31, dealers are first set a personal target. Once they have achieved that, they will then enter a points system on volume of BlackBerry 10 devices purchased and connected in the period.

Every device purchased after their target is achieved will earn them 25 points, with that figure doubling if it has been connected to any network by the end of the quarter.

One hundred points will see them receive a 100 gift card or travel voucher, 200 points will give them a 200 gift card or travel voucher, 500 points will provide them with a 500 gift card or travel voucher, 1,000 points is equal to 1,000 in travel vouchers and achieving 2,000 points will be rewarded with a 2,000 travel voucher.

Those amassing 3,000 points or more will qualify for the 5,000 travel voucher. A holiday worth 1,000 will also be awarded for the dealer that achieves the highest volume of 4GEE connections with BlackBerry devices.
    Seems the BBRY is not giving much up at the end of the day!
    04-30-13 02:33 PM
    Last half hour of trading today. We're looking good!!
    04-30-13 02:34 PM
    I would but my computer at work won't open that link.
    Something to look forward to at beer-thirty !
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 02:34 PM
    Just heard that the Q10 Canadian launch will center around Toronto tomorrow, then expanding outward to the rest of Canada later in the week.

I wonder if they sold more inventory than they expected in the UK?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 02:35 PM
    Seems the BBRY is not giving much up at the end of the day!
    +5,28% : you never get enough !!!
    Slow raise is best raise. Keep the speculation away. Fine to me.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 02:36 PM
    I vote that we try to keep this thread restricted to trading BBRY. Otherwise, I have a dozen or so other companies I would like to discuss and I'm sure there are better forums within which to have general stock-trading discussions...
    Or you could choose to not read my posts. This thread is as general as they come. Everyday there is ongoing discussions related to other stocks in this thread. 75% of this thread is about BBRY, 20% is about Beer, 5% is about other stocks. Also, as someone who has over $300,000 invested into the company with tons of financial experience I see no harm in talking shop with other users who are interested as the issue many people have is they grow emotional to one stock when a good risk strategy is too keep an open mind to other things. As many people in here I've grown to learn who the people posting in this thread are, where they stand financially, what the money invested in BB is for, so I make avid discussion about other things that will help these people and may be of interest. It is a community to chat and the community within this thread is a big one.

You have 14 posts, don't come in here and suggest otherwise to me when I've taken the time to understand the community in this thread pretty damn well and helped numerous people outside this thread through pm's phone calls emails with their financials and ongoing investments in other things. I've helped to build/edit cover letters/resumes, fwd off resumes as I saw fit, referred people to my broker, provided research from the various investment banking databases I am subscribed too.

I vote unless you can contribute anything to the amount some of the people here put into this thread, to not speak.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, take99 and 8 others like this.
    04-30-13 02:36 PM
    Just heard that the Q10 Canadian launch will center around Toronto tomorrow, then expanding outward to the rest of Canada later in the week.
    Yeah they formally announced that. I'm waiting on the corporate purchase announcements to start filtering down the pipe

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:37 PM

I wonder if they sold more inventory than they expected in the UK?
    Aren't they different variations? I don't think they could divert supply since the radio's wouldn't work. I expect it's because Toronto is the financial district of Canada and the demand there could be higher so they want to make sure that the supply that is around, won't get sold out.
    04-30-13 02:39 PM
    Or you could choose to not read my posts. This thread is as general as they come. Everyday there is ongoing discussions related to other stocks in this thread. 75% of this thread is about BBRY, 20% is about Beer, 5% is about other stocks. Also, as someone who has over $300,000 invested into the company with tons of financial experience I see no harm in talking shop with other users who are interested as the issue many people have is they grow emotional to one stock when a good risk strategy is too keep an open mind to other things. As many people in here I've grown to learn who the people posting in this thread are, where they stand financially, what the money invested in BB is for, so I make avid discussion about other things that will help these people and may be of interest. It is a community to chat and the community within this thread is a big one.

You have 14 posts, don't come in here and suggest otherwise to me when I've taken the time to understand the community in this thread pretty damn well and helped numerous people outside this thread through pm's phone calls emails with their financials and ongoing investments in other things. I've helped to build/edit cover letters/resumes, fwd off resumes as I saw fit, referred people to my broker, provided research from the various investment banking databases I am subscribed too.

I vote unless you can contribute anything to the amount some of the people here put into this thread, to not speak.
    Ouch, kitty scratches... The thread is called "I support BBRY and I buy shares!" Did you not get that memo?
    04-30-13 02:41 PM
    I know I appreciate the vast knowledge shared on this thread that has enabled me to break through my wall of fear and take advantage of the market. I have shares now in BBRY, BAC, and TSLA. Not alot mind you, but more than I would have had if this thread and experts on this thread had not shared their experiences.
    04-30-13 02:41 PM
    I vote for the ambiance here to remain civil, nice, friendly and even funny
    Other stocks do have interrest, if they are somehow related to the tech area or describing a general trend that might explain BBRY fluctuation.
    Or even as "snapshots", as we had a few already.
    But the last 3 posts describe by themeselves why we try to keep as much as possible the focus on BBRY.

P.S: please do not feel targeted as an individual; same remarks are instant-made for beers, boobs and political subjects, for instance. Nothing personal here.
    04-30-13 02:43 PM
    Ouch, kitty scratches... The thread is called "I support BBRY and I buy shares!" Did you not get that memo?
    I have nothing to prove to you.

Congrats on the ability to read a thread title.
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    04-30-13 02:44 PM
106,068 ... 827828829830831 ...