View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Thanks for all the information about the interview. Wish I could have seen it, but with you guys I don't have to worry much.
    04-29-13 11:50 AM
    Now lets see if that interview has a positive effect on the SP.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 11:54 AM
    ^^so far no, stock trading sideways still
    04-29-13 11:56 AM
    BlackBerry CEO Heins: Expect Q10 Sales of `Several Tens of Millions' -Bloomberg TV

Last update: 4/29/2013 12:43:08 PM

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires

April 29, 2013 12:44 ET (16:44 GMT)
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 11:59 AM
    ^^so far no, stock trading sideways still
    I expect it will once headlines come out like this: Tens of millions of Q10s to be sold this year!
    lcjr, Acumenight, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-29-13 12:03 PM
    I like how it's holding up at 15.50
    And just jumped to 15.53
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 12:03 PM
    Seems to be slowly and methodically moving up. Spent the first couple of hours in the mid to high 30's, then the last hour in the mid to high 40's, and now seems to be trying for the 50's. I don't mind this at all. No sharp spikes in either direction and forming confidence at each level.
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 12:06 PM
    Oh man, TSLA just set another 52 week high today, up 6.44%. Geeez, today is a good day!
    04-29-13 12:06 PM
    I would expect that some upgrades are just around the corner now that Thor has gone ahead and said that he expects several tens of millions of Q10s to be sold.
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 12:09 PM
    Cdn Launch Wednesday...
    04-29-13 12:11 PM
    So you're predicting that they'll report 8.5M to 9.5M devices (combined BBOS plus BB10) sold in this quarter? (Note, that's up from 6M in 4Q2013, which had 5M BBOS plus 1M BB10.)
    That is what I believe, we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:11 PM
    Oh man, TSLA just set another 52 week high today, up 6.44%. Geeez, today is a good day!
    I need another 3% up on BBRY today and I will be back to break even. I bought most of my shares in the high 16's right before Z10 launch and averaged down a smaller amount when it dipped lower in the 14's...so crossing my fingers...won't be today but hopefully this general uptrend will continue and I can actually be in the black for once.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-29-13 12:14 PM
    Cdn Launch Wednesday...
    Yeah, I am looking forward to thoroughly embarrass myself with "white" q10 with "red carbon fibre" skin for few weeks!
    q649, bungaboy, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    04-29-13 12:21 PM
    Cdn Launch Wednesday...
    Not sure why, but for some reason I thought it was today. I think maybe I thought April was two days shorter this year or something... that happens sometimes, right?
    04-29-13 12:22 PM
    Not sure why, but for some reason I thought it was today. I think maybe I thought April was two days shorter this year or something... that happens sometimes, right?
    April is always 30 days.
    04-29-13 12:24 PM
    You mean he doesn't know how to cater to WS? He will learn the game give him some time, he's not worried about where the stock is today but where it will be in the years to come as he will turn this ship around and have one of the best turnaround stores to tell.
    Like it or not it is part of his job and he does need to deal with WS

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:29 PM
    Hey Everyone:
    First time poster but long time lurker. Since this is a great day for BB SP, thought I'd finally post. Thanks for all the advice as BB is my first stock; I have learned a lot from all of you. I've managed to increase my position to 1,000 shares (not without a few cold sweats) since I first jumped in before the new year.
    Also, I often read this thread from work - thanks for agreeing to limit the photos that can get some of us in trouble!!
    All the best - Crackberrians rule!
    cjcampbell, m0de25, zyben and 11 others like this.
    04-29-13 12:35 PM
    BlackBerry Consolidates Global PR With APCO/Text 100 Team

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--BlackBerry is to consolidate its $10m global PR account with a joint agency team comprised of APCO and Text 100, as the Canadian handset company bids to revive its brand.

The move follows a keenly-contested agency review revealed earlier this year by the Holmes Report.

BlackBerry has previously worked with approximately 30 agency partners worldwide, including Brodeur in North America, Lewis PR in Asia-Pacific, IMS in Latin America, Good Relations and Frank PR in the UK, Hill + Knowlton Strategies in EMEA and Edelman.

BlackBerry SVP Heidi Davidson confirmed the decision, noting that the bulk of the global business will now shift to the APCO/Text 100 team.

"BlackBerry made the decision to embark on an initiative to evaluate its public relations agency partner support model around the world," said Davidson. "Our goals were to ensure we are partnering with the most creative and proactive public relations agency partners and to consolidate the number of agency partners globally."

"We have completed this very comprehensive and disciplined evaluation, and are now in a position to announce that BlackBerry has decided to consolidate the majority of our global public relations services with one team drawn from APCO Worldwide and Text100."

It is understood that APCO will oversee corporate communications, with Text 100 leading technology PR. In a highly unusual move, the two agencies decided to pitch for the business together.

A handful of countries, including Poland, France, the Netherlands and Phillippines, will remain with Hill + Knowlton Strategies, one of the main contenders in the agency review.

“Over the past few months, we have met BlackBerry representatives from around the globe and have been inspired by their vision and passion for the company and the opportunities ahead," said APCO founder and CEO Margery Kraus. "Our team is already rolling up our sleeves to help them achieve their goals.”

Social media and digital, meanwhile, which was previously handled by Edelman, is thought to have been consolidated with Omnicom Group.

After a period of decline, Blackberry launched two handsets this year that it hopes will claw back sales from better-performing rivals such as Apple and Samsung. The keyboard-based Q10 launched last week, while the touchscreen-only Z10 rolled out earlier this year.

“BlackBerry has so many exciting opportunities ahead of them,” added Aedhmar Hynes, CEO of Text100. “By selecting APCO and Text 100 as their global agency of record, we are thrilled that BlackBerry has expressed its vote of confidence in the combined strengths of our teams to help them achieve their vision.”

BlackBerry Consolidates Global PR With APCO/Text 100 Team
    04-29-13 12:39 PM
    Cdn Launch Wednesday...
    It would be great to actually see lineups for this launch.
    04-29-13 12:40 PM
    It would be great to actually see lineups for this launch.
    It would be nice but I am not going to hold my breath on that one.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-29-13 12:46 PM
    someone famous frog once sang 'It's not easy being green'..... I disagree, I'M BACK TO GREEN AND IT FEELS GREAT!
    04-29-13 12:47 PM
    I would be very surprised if we're not at $30/shr by Christmas.
    04-29-13 12:52 PM
    Does anyone have a link to view online?
    Blackberry's Heins on Q10, Z10 Phones and Strategy: Video - Bloomberg
    spike12, zyben, psy fi and 1 others like this.
    04-29-13 12:53 PM
    Dang, I can't access that site from work. Hope all goes well. Somebody please post information as you have time.
    Thorsten did very, very good. No foot-in-mouth. He had a Cheshire Cat grin on.

He does look a bit tired and is soon due for some Grecian Formula. LoL
    04-29-13 12:55 PM
    I am 110% sure, interviewer will be ready with incredibly stupid questions to trip-up Thorsten Heins. They just want Thorsten to say something that they can spin as negative to kill off BBRY rally.
    Nope, didn't see that at all.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-29-13 12:59 PM
106,433 ... 811812813814815 ...