View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm just nervous about the situation, and the fact that not many people here seem one bit concerned with the stagnant or downward-trending direction of BBRY. I'm quite frankly alarmed that a stream of positive upgrades and imminent release of the Q10 don't seem to matter to the SP. If you guys want to ignore reality and engage in daydreaming, that's fine, you're entitled to deal with reality by pretending to ignore it. I'm just hoping that someone with experience can give us some insight and analysis into today's developments.
    Seriously..Just NO..NO..NO. This brings me back to why I hated university so much. People are just so intellectually stupid. Downward trend? Look at 6Month AAPL chart and then look at 6Month BBRY chart. Tell me who is actually downtrending. You seriously need to stay out of the stock market as I fear you may commit suicide out of having a sick stomach over day to day stock movements. Or at least sell your BBRY shares because I fear your sanity may be long lost soon enough. You are way too emotionally invested in this company and it sickens me. You invested money you shouldn't have and you should walk away now before you lose anymore. Let the big boys play and leave please.

You want someoen with experience to chime in. Well I just did and as many already know on this forum I have solid credentials to backup anything I post. Now leave before you make me commit suicide as I lose faith in humanity.
    04-18-13 01:30 PM
    low volume/ options expiring/ volatility/ aliens

or any combination of the above
    Aliens? Cr^p!

I knew I was missing something in factoring my stock purchases! Thanks!
    plasmid_boy and q649 like this.
    04-18-13 01:31 PM
    An interesting day, so far Nokia down 12% and Apple just like us at the 3% +/- mark so what the heck. Another day of pull backs that was inevitable, right across the board, so it's just as well we get it over with. Uh oh, just noticed it's Wisers-o'clock and I'm shuttin her down in anticipation of the closing bell. Cheers for now!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    Perhaps it is time that you un-invite yourself from this thread.

Honestly, you are just too negative and depressing and don't "fit in".

I am not saying this to be mean. I am asking this for the good of the thread and those who participate in a positive manner.

When I see LuckyJP now I think of Debbie Downer and Negative Nancy. And that isn't pleasant.

You could start your own thread and posters of the same ilk could join you there.

Thanks in advance.
    You can always just ignore my posts, I'm going to post and present a different opinion whether you like it or not. Someone in this thread has to inject a dose of reality from time to time. Since I have a significant stake in this stock, and this is a forum discussing it, I think that I'll stay. Now you can go back to dreaming about your Ferraris or whatever else adolescent-minded fanboys do in their free time.
    endeevee likes this.
    Well the last hour has not been the best in the past for BBRY but it did try to fight back yesterday!
    04-18-13 01:32 PM
    Seriously..Just NO..NO..NO. This brings me back to why I hated university so much. People are just so intellectually stupid. Downward trend? Look at 6Month AAPL chart and then look at 6Month BBRY chart. Tell me who is actually downtrending. You seriously need to stay out of the stock market as I fear you may commit suicide out of having a sick stomach over day to day stock movements. Or at least sell your BBRY shares because I fear your sanity may be long lost soon enough. You are way too emotionally invested in this company and it sickens me. You invested money you shouldn't have and you should walk away now before you lose anymore. Let the big boys play and leave please.

You want someoen with experience to chime in. Well I just did and as many already know on this forum I have solid credentials to backup anything I post. Now leave before you make me commit suicide as I lose faith in humanity.
    lol, almost spit out my water.
    04-18-13 01:32 PM
    Yay.... I get to use the ignore function!!!!!
    Yes but it's backwards kinds sorta.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-18-13 01:33 PM
    You can always just ignore my posts, I'm going to post and present a different opinion whether you like it or not. Someone in this thread has to inject a dose of reality from time to time. Since I have a significant stake in this stock, and this is a forum discussing it, I think that I'll stay. Now you can go back to dreaming about your Ferraris or whatever else adolescent-minded fanboys do in their free time.
    Now, now. There is plenty of reality here on a day by day basis. Heck I thought I was enough reality!
    04-18-13 01:33 PM
    Yahoo news "No Skype Yet" story seems to have been the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:34 PM
    lol, this transaction would be an in&out kinda thing. (no pun intended here)
    *gasp*...... *shock*....

That comment contained sexist innuendo!

Consider yourself IGNORED!
    04-18-13 01:34 PM
    No NEW bad news and BBRY is sinking like a rock. Why?
    Likely just caught in the NOK + DOW slipstream....

Update: BBRY, Apple and Samsung are all down almost 3% today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 01:35 PM
    Uh oh, just noticed it's Wisers-o'clock and I'm shuttin her down in anticipation of the closing bell. Cheers for now!!
    Now that's getting a head start.. hahaha.
    Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 01:35 PM
    Now, now. There is plenty of reality here on a day by day basis. Heck I thought I was enough reality!
    Just found the flaw in the ignore function... it doesn't work if other people start quoting the people you have on ignore! Grrrr....
    erodenero and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 01:37 PM
    *gasp*...... *shock*....

That comment contained sexist innuendo!

Consider yourself IGNORED!
    lmao
    In all seriousness my dilemnma is that I'm going to be out between 3:30 and 5:00 today (transferring a van ownership)
    so I am thinking to set my buy order ahead of time and guesstimating at a new LOD. ie: $13.32 (input) thinking that might be too high?
    Yeah I know, I should have an app for the road, but I don't....so I make do
    (plus I have two kids to attend to, so trading on the go, is just NOT gonna happen)
    04-18-13 01:39 PM
    No NEW bad news and BBRY is sinking like a rock. Why?
    Looks at NOK, APPL, FB, etc - they all have similar charts today with a dip at around 2:10
    04-18-13 01:40 PM
    Just found the flaw in the ignore function... it doesn't work if other people start quoting the people you have on ignore! Grrrr....
    Just let me know everyone that you have on ignore... I'll be sure to quote them for you ;^)
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 01:41 PM
    Just ask yourself, Is BB in a better position now than say six months ago?

If your answer is yes, then stay.

If no, then sell and go find some other investment vehicle.

As far as the thread goes, I find it entertaining ,funny and very educational in a lot of ways. Remember people have different ways of dealing with stressful situations. Some daydream, some vent their frustrations, some stay quiet and others ?? . I tend to fall in the others category...lol.

Chillax. There will be better days ahead.

m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 01:43 PM
    Hey, wait, I thought I was the negative reality guy around here!
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-18-13 01:43 PM
    lol, almost spit out my water.
    Haha did I go too far? LOL
    04-18-13 01:44 PM
    You are completely wrong about Bungaboy! "Dreaming about Ferraris" was me. The "adolescent-minded" part probably applies to both of us - it keeps us young. LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 01:45 PM
    lmao
    In all seriousness my dilemnma is that I'm going to be out between 3:30 and 5:00 today (transferring a van ownership)
    so I am thinking to set my buy order ahead of time and guesstimating at a new LOD. ie: $13.32 (input) thinking that might be too high?
    Yeah I know, I should have an app for the road, but I don't....so I make do
    (plus I have two kids to attend to, so trading on the go, is just NOT gonna happen)

When in doubt follow the charts:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-18b-2013-chart.jpg

I posted this chart this morning and this one is minus the other lines so you can see that we dropped right back to the uptrend line. We hit the low for today and should revisit it sometime tomorrow too, before rallying again. When we stay below the 5-dma for several hours, it confirms that there is some selling pressure and so we have to drop back to long term support. We should close above the lows, .... and drop back for a moment tomorrow to confirm the end to the downside. Good luck!
    04-18-13 01:47 PM
    Well since that sell off, there's been a considerable spike in volume. I think it woke up some people looking for value buys.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 01:47 PM
    Oh like the one in my garage?

Now leave son before I make you cry.
    04-18-13 01:48 PM
    Fair enough, stay if you want, just dont insult other posters for being "adolescent-minded fanboys." We're here to discuss BBRY, occasionally we go off topic, if we didnt this would be one boring thread. It seems like you're just here to complain and bring the thread further off topic?
    m0de25, spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 01:50 PM
    Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Halts Component Orders For Mac Products
    APRIL 18, 2013 by CHRIS HURST in TECHNOLOGY

This is rather interesting reports hit on Apple Inc.(NASDAQ:AAPL) and comes on top of all the other news about the company having production issues.

A report in Digitimes says that Apple has halted all component orders for its Mac range of products.

Has AAPL Reached The Bottom and Ready To Move Higher? Find Out Here

According to the report – “The suppliers originally expected to finish digesting their Mac inventories in April, but are now stranded waiting for further instructions from Apple.

The sources revealed that Apple’s Mac orders to the supply chain dropped to almost nothing after the Lunar New Year holidays. Apple had high hopes for its Mac product lines and placed aggressive orders at the end of 2012; however, the company is now badly affected by the decision.”

So, there it is again, too much inventory and not enough demand.

The report also pointed out that while Apple generally provides shipment forecasts to its supply chain partners, at the start of each quarter, this time it has not done so. This vital lack of information has left its suppliers in a bit of a quandary as when they can resume production.

Last week, Digitimes claimed that Apple is likely to refresh its notebook line-up at the end of the second quarter, so it seems that suppliers may need to start ramping up production for new models in the relatively near future.
    04-18-13 01:50 PM
113,256 ... 707708709710711 ...