View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Well, time for one more beer before bed time. Got husbandry duties tonight ya know. Good night all. Tomorrow is another day.
    04-11-13 10:59 PM
    You sir is what we call a jack of all trades in education. I envy you!

Charles!

I laughed when I saw your message here! I had to read it twice to be sure where I fit in! LOL

My first Under Graduate degree is in Economics, I have all of the licenses to trade in every investment vehicle out there today including options, commodities, currencies etc., got out of the investment industry by earning my Engineering degree (Mech.), I have an MBA and. PhD in Econ., .... So where do I fit into your theory?

I have plenty of education but I'm not a nerd, I also have Electrical and Mechanical Certification(s) and some other junk. But I spend my time welding and building automated machinery when I'm not writing periodicals for the American Society of Engineering Management. Now where do I fit into that theory? Ha!
    04-11-13 11:04 PM
    Nope. You said that I had no real life friends, nobody cares about what I say and it was sad that I came on here and babbled. I'm not sure what you are calling a draw. You posted a rambling, angry and silly post that added nothing to the conversation.
    Can you guys please finish that childish fight on PM please ?
    We got repetitively both points of view; now you're flooding. It's boring for us to scroll pages of ego/personal rant.
    Thank you very much.
    KISSINGER, bungaboy, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    04-12-13 02:06 AM
    I don't like flying, so leave a spot for my Ferrari.
    Posted via CB10
    Ferrari ? You're kidding, right ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-qnx-car.jpg
    plasmid_boy and lcjr like this.
    04-12-13 02:13 AM
    I couldn't agree more. I have no choice but to take risks or I can't buy more shares. Most on this thread are beyond wealthy, but I'm a retired army guy trying to increase my chances for starting my own business. I was waiting for the SP to rise so I could sell and buy in again on the next dip. I made a Rookie mistake and I had all my money in so I have nothing now. I should have done like the Kid and had two accounts. Good thing is the money I'm playing with is already written off as a loss so I don't have to have it back, although I would like it not to disappear. Lol so here I sit waiting. Lol
    Well the good news is that this is not the last time the SP is going to go up and down. Once it peeks again sell and wait. LoL. Personally I don't have the balls the constantly buy and sell so I just buy and buy. Wish I had more that just my gov Ot to play with.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-12-13 02:14 AM
    Charles!

I laughed when I saw your message here! I had to read it twice to be sure where I fit in! LOL

My first Under Graduate degree is in Economics, I have all of the licenses to trade in every investment vehicle out there today including options, commodities, currencies etc., got out of the investment industry by earning my Engineering degree (Mech.), I have an MBA and. PhD in Econ., .... So where do I fit into your theory?

I have plenty of education but I'm not a nerd, I also have Electrical and Mechanical Certification(s) and some other junk. But I spend my time welding and building automated machinery when I'm not writing periodicals for the American Society of Engineering Management. Now where do I fit into that theory? Ha!

Lol! You sir, are an outlier. Hahaha!
    rarsen, CDM76 and morganplus8 like this.
    04-12-13 02:36 AM
    There is nothing better than jumping on this thread at work after you have all had your rants and started drinking lol. Seriously makes work that much better after midnight. My thoughts on all of this is... I'm scrapping money together to get in bigger and use it to lower my break even price on Monday. My advice is if you can stomach a loss and deal with the hills and valleys buy in now and buy in big. BBRY isn't going anywhere for the time being. They have good sales are making money again and have new products coming out. Perfect storm for money making.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-12-13 02:41 AM
    Still reading some of the headlines, not much being promoted in regards to BB's retort. We will see what happens tomorrow. I'm guessing a end of day price b/w 13.25-14.00. That is. unless BB has some surprise news. Hopefully them discrediting today's report leaves others with the idea that trusting analysts is not the way to invest... For the most part!
    04-12-13 02:55 AM
    I almost want them to leave it be for a day so I can sell some finance stock and buy in again at this stage. Would lower my average sp to mid 14 s
    04-12-13 03:16 AM
    I'd love to get back to discussing where you all are with your stop losses (or are you all even considering this).
    Am I alone with no stop losses ?
    My only concern, these days, is to find some available cash ... I must say.

OK time for a general warning (it's been a while and recent discussion urges it back).
    Please read carefully

This is a BlackBerry fans thread. Opinions, advices, analysis you might find herein are by nature biased by our trust in BlakBerry future. In fact, this is the essence of this thread: we're more than committed: involved.
    Contributors are expressing their opinions based on their own experience and no one should be considered as granted to give particular advices regarding stock actions. Read, ask, learn, research and make your own decisions. It is strongly recommended - if you're novice - to take granted/professional advices about how/when/if investing in Blackberry meets your personal "financial profile".

IN NO CASE should you invest (as an individual, non professional investor) more than every penny you can afford to lose 100%.

This means that you mustn't use something like your retreat savings or "school for kids" provisions. Moreover, the term "invest" is here to be understood as a "long position", meaning that for most of us, day trading is not an option as both our knowledge and wallet size don't match with this particularly tricky technique. By long, we mean at least quarterS, probably years. Be ready to "forget" your invested founds for such periods.

THIS IS NOT A GAME. THIS IS REAL MONEY. YOUR MONEY. THERE IS NO TRYOUTS NOR REFUNDS.
    So please, again : learn, ask, get informed before you do anything.
    04-12-13 03:30 AM
    I have no stops setup on this stock. I do use them but not on BBRY.
    04-12-13 05:06 AM
    I almost want them to leave it be for a day so I can sell some finance stock and buy in again at this stage. Would lower my average sp to mid 14 s
    Yeah. Early weekend for me. Yesterday was a nail biter waiting to buy back in.
    04-12-13 05:08 AM
    Have a great weekend guys. I'll likely check in again at the close. All the best today.
    Superfly_FR, lcjr and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-12-13 05:10 AM
    Have a great weekend guys. I'll likely check in again at the close. All the best today.

You too Charles. Hoping to buy in big today. Who else is gonna use this opportunity to find ways to expand their holdings?

And superfly no stops here. Too easy to walk away from the computer and not get back in when you want
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-12-13 05:24 AM
    I have no stops either.

A positive post:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1336...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    04-12-13 05:31 AM
    Go check any news release regarding the CEO of a company stepping down. The reason was and will always be that "For personal reason, Mr. / Mrs. XYZ likes to spend more time with his or her family, so it is a right time to step down".
    However, the really truth is that he or she was fired by the company NOT BECAUSE HE OR SHE NEEDS MORE TIME WITH THE FAMILY.

JMHO, if you are so naive then you should not be in the stock market.
    Thanks for your concern. Why wait from 2006 when it happen or 2011 when they lost the case until now? I am sure and agree it was a contributing factor at some level, but it wasn't the real, primary reason as originally posted and alleged by MFTruth. If so, Fairfax should have had the integrity and sack to say so. They also shouldn't have waited 7 years to do it if it was really that bad. AFAIK, Fairfax has traded very normally since the events he complained (and lost) about. With global markets, TO isn't going to be any different. MFTruth was railing against the NYSE and saying they left because the NYSE is a fixed market/game, and I don't think so.....
    04-12-13 05:49 AM
    Sold a few bulky furniture yesterday; more room and - hopefully- more gains !
    So I just settled an order to my bank rep : 100 more if we hit under $CAN 13.5 (~ USD 13.90 ?) (EDIT ! USD 13.1, you stupid rookie !) which sounds approximatively far below the resistance point.

(this is nowhere an advice to do the same and now, I sit and wait ... I lied once=> 'I'm done', sry but can't refrain ... and maybe the order won't fire!)

Edited : I'm so stupid ... ok, be it, may be even better, who knows ?
    04-12-13 05:51 AM
    Glad I'm not the only novice retail investor who's first play was BBRY. I'm glad I'm in and learning so much as I can from this great thread. Let's keep this going guys and hopefully make some money. Long ftw!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-12-13 06:37 AM
    Well we're up slightly so far. I know it means nothing but it's still nice to see green first thing in the morning

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:44 AM
    Call me greedy or STUPID but I am getting in this AM with 6500 shares!
    04-12-13 06:45 AM
    Call me greedy or STUPID but I am getting in this AM with 6500 shares!
    Tough call. I personally hope it doesn't hit the lows of yesterday but hope for you that you can get the best price before it jumps back up.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:48 AM
    Tough call. I personally hope it doesn't hit the lows of yesterday but hope for you that you can get the best price before it jumps back up.

Posted via CB10
    I do not plan on staying in till the end of the day! Just a small opportunity here. Hope.
    04-12-13 07:00 AM
    I do not plan on staying in till the end of the day! Just a small opportunity here. Hope.
    So what's the plan? Get in at open or wait to see if there is the usual 10:30 dip?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:03 AM
    Then I call "greedy" Joking aside, takes a certain amount of skill, a whole lot of luck, and balls of titanium to day trade this. Tried a couple of times and it was more stressful than days like yesterday!

Good luck!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-12-13 07:08 AM
    Because it would be a damned shame to get this thread locked down after 16k posts of relatively (and remarkably) civil discourse because you and others feel the need to snipe at each other.
    I agree it would be a shame to have this thread locked down as a result of drive by **** disturbers.

I have put him on my ignore list.

My apologies for taking the troll bait. I will try harder to resist in the future.

Thanks.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-12-13 07:10 AM
106,052 ... 659660661662663 ...