View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Hmmm... the pure ethanol 1L bottles are usually clear (glass and plastic). I actually have a research lab at the university, we never drink laboratory ethanol but we do have a lot of it around.
    Ours are still the brown glass ones... or sometimes the metal drums...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 05:40 PM
    well that food colouring tastes mighty fine then

Pffff seeman's is just labatts with food colouring in it.
    04-10-13 05:47 PM
    Lol...it's free advertising for BB... And without the sample demographic used in the servey it has zero credability.

Fact is someone is reading that article and going...Hmmm, maybe I will go look at that new thing. Now if we can just get the carriers to do thier jobs and sell like hell.

Posted via CB10
    I have seen lots of posted good news here with much less credibility. It works both ways.

Yep, but most people today aren't aware of what's happening in the world unless it effects them directly or you put it in their hands. Blinders and goggles everywhere today. It's very rare to find somebody that's aware of what's going on in the world.
    I would have to agree. Smartphones as a whole are selling poorly. Maybe the economy and maybe because there is anything that is really new. Nothing coming out has really brought true innovation to the smartphone market. The 5S and even the Galaxy S4 offer nothing truely new.

Maybe we have reached a technology wall!?
    04-10-13 06:03 PM
    These daily spike-n-drops have become so predictable that in absence of news it's getting really tempting to play them. Sell at 10, buy it back at noon. Repeat daily when there is no morning news. Gradually get back to black...
    Which is what I'm going to start doing pretty soon....against my better judgement lol. Made the big step today and ordered up an RBC trading account which I'm going to use just for this stock. My financial guy suggested it a few weeks ago and I orginally said "no way" 'cause my intentions from day one have been that I'm in for the long haul. But why not. I have to wait a bit 'cause I'm still 1.50/shr in the red about now - unless I decide to take a few losses here and there and really play those spike 'n drops. But I don't have the time for that so I'll be patient and play around (maybe) with my shares when I'm closer to black....or heaven forbid ABOVE!! Hey, maybe I won`t even touch it `cause there`s that stupid Murphy`s Law thing which will no doubt ensure my demise when just seconds after I press `sell`.......well you know the rest lol.

Otherwise, I've been reading all the scuttlebut the past few days but I'm honestly following Morgans advice and not paying attention to the drama. I feel for that poor LuckyJP but no one should have jumped into this stock with the misconception it was gonna go up overnight. Turning a company around isn't a weekend thing, nor is it a half-year thing or even a 1 year`s endeavor. And....blah, blah, blah I'm not gonna preach because I don't know enough about such things to do so. But I possess common sense which helps a heck of a lot in trying to understand this rollercoaster. It`s funny that this ride is making quite a few of us so sick.....but most still don't want to get off. Good for us, just a couple more weeks with lots of potential for good news!! Fingers crossed. Happy Birthday Kid V!!
    04-10-13 06:23 PM
    Yeah, we sure didn't have that high tech stuff when I was in a squad car as a Military Police Officer. Heck, I didn't see a computer until 1991 and email until 1993. This is great for that department.
    Yes absolutely! If it goes province-wide with the OPP, then other major services might want to think about jumping in. Absolute 100% security will have to be proven but if anyone can handle it, BBRY can!!

PS...Take99, good one lol `OPP...yeah you know me`
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    04-10-13 06:38 PM
    Teenage memories lol
    04-10-13 06:39 PM
    More good stuff from Morgan Stanley. Every little bit helps!!

BlackBerry's (BBRY -1.1%) FQ4 gross margin... - Seeking Alpha
    04-10-13 06:50 PM
    I have seen lots of posted good news here with much less credibility. It works both ways. ?
    True...but that thing was originally posted by TechNoGorilla then picked up by Barrons with a new title and I just couldn't help commenting...didn't mean to offend ya. I just know it's the BS brigade spreading thier vitriol and kinda lost it there. apologies..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-10-13 at 07:24 PM.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-10-13 07:12 PM
    so maybe we should plan the drinks for the $100/share party?
    My choices
    Liquor - Crown Royal
    Beer - Sleeman's Honey Brown
    Love the beer!
    The MacAllan Single Malt for liquor
    04-10-13 07:41 PM
    Hmmm... the pure ethanol 1L bottles are usually clear (glass and plastic). I actually have a research lab at the university, we never drink laboratory ethanol but we do have a lot of it around.
    Like I said it was in the 1970's. LoL maybe that's how they smuggled the "surge" out of the Med School.

They could have been clear bottles for that matter.

Try a nip with some grape juice and soda water.
    04-10-13 07:45 PM
    And nice hearty stout beer and a cigar would be nice.
    plane6065 and ItsTheBox like this.
    04-10-13 07:51 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:20 PM
    Like I said it was in the 1970's. LoL maybe that's how they smuggled the "surge" out of the Med School.

They could have been clear bottles for that matter.

Try a nip with some grape juice and soda water.
    When I was a student working at a hospital, they actually had an ethanol faucet. We just turn on the tap to refill empty bottles. Now, all of our ethanol usages are logged. I am guessing that someone caught on to what you guys were doing. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:51 PM
    I'm going to go ahead and say that I called this:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-plunges-2013-4

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:57 PM
    I'm going to go ahead and say that I called this:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-plunges-2013-4

Posted via CB10
    Yes you did...well done sir.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:59 PM
    So, came across this:

At long last, Microsoft has an Apple-beating vision - Apr. 10, 2013

Looks like Microsoft is making a major push across all fronts. A well tied ecosystem would make a Windows Phone much more attractive for many enterprises. If they are able to really pull it off well, it would make Blackberry's hold on 3rd place much more difficult.

Thoughts? I'm in for quite a large sum of shares of BBRY (still positive, thank God), but this makes me nervous about the long term prospects. Sure Blackberry has money and has a good product, but if Microsoft can get their heads outta their butts and really pull it off, it could be really bad for Blackberry's position...
    04-10-13 09:10 PM
    Sorry, I don't find the article convincing. 1 billion 'loyal' customers? I had to lol. Plus I think it was posted here that they wouldn't be supporting winphone 8 past 18 months from now. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-10-13 09:23 PM
    Sorry, I don't find the article convincing. 1 billion 'loyal' customers? I had to lol. Plus I think it was posted here that they wouldn't be supporting winphone 8 past 18 months from now. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
    Don't read too much into that. It's normal product end of life. It will be replaced with 8.1 devices will get upgraded, etc.

In other words it's the same kind of FUD that would annoy us if it were posted about BBRY.
    04-10-13 09:45 PM
    If BB stops supporting the z10 in 24 months it would **** a lot of people off in 3 year contracts. MS already did it once with Win phone 7 and to me thats a big reason not to buy.
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-10-13 09:49 PM
    But that's not what is being said.

It would be more like BlackBerry stopped supporting 10.0 eighteen months after the release of 10.1.

The z10 would continue to be supported - on 10.1 or later.
    04-10-13 10:19 PM
    Ok but I though that winphone 8 couldnt run winphone7 apps. So if they go to Blue in 18 months I guess they wouldn't make the same mistake?
    04-10-13 10:54 PM
    Sorry typo there. What I meant was win7 users got thrown under the bus. Even my 3 year old iphone 4 could update to ios 6.* and run most new apps. Will ms do the same thing with Blue in 18 months that they did with win8?
    04-10-13 11:56 PM
    Well, if we ever have the $100 SP party, looks like all our profits will go to booze
    Happy birthday kid! Hope you remember your main goal :-) I am exactly in the same position as you with regards to BB, except each time there is a dip I buy.... To many dips . Anyways, I have accumulated over 2000 shares so I probably play about 500 shares day trading. I put a sell for about a dollar over my purchase price, and if it goes thru great. If not, then that's fine I am long. At his current rate no news, BB will float $14-15.75 cdn.

Good luck and hope you get enough sleep :-)

Cheers!
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 12:03 AM
    AT&T just gave me the world's longest survey for the z10. Any one else get this survey? What does it mean?
    04-11-13 12:34 AM
    They won't be supporting WP8 because they are coming out with the newest OS blue. As the article mentions. To integrate everything.
    BlackBerry needs to step up their game and stop playing catch up and really release their mobile computing vision.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:34 AM
106,433 ... 638639640641642 ...