View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    How much press do you think this one will get?

Apple's iMessage, FaceTime experiencing problems | Apple - CNET News

I can only imagine the headlines if it were BBM having the problems
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    04-09-13 06:00 PM
    How much press do you think this one will get?

Apple's iMessage, FaceTime experiencing problems | Apple - CNET News

I can only imagine the headlines if it were BBM having the problems
    It won't get any. Especially since it's not a "crucial" element to their communication.
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 06:03 PM
    It won't get any. Especially since it's not a "crucial" element to their communication.
    not critical at all...can always phone...oh wait, they drop calls like crazy too. I can't believe they are so popular...they do absolutely nothing really well...nothing.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 06:10 PM
    Difference is that the iPhone doesn't turn into a paperweight when an Apple server goes down. Those outages were embarrassing and there's a reason the press ran with it.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-09-13 06:14 PM
    Difference is that the iPhone doesn't turn into a paperweight when an Apple server goes down. Those outages were embarrassing and there's a reason the press ran with it.

Posted via CB10
    With BIS gone neither does BB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-09-13 07:12 PM
    Oh I know, which is why BlackBerry will have less complaints going forward but I don't think it was some conspiracy before, it was because you could not use the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-09-13 07:39 PM
    Chris Umi's analysis of Q4 and margins...

Looking at BlackBerry
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 07:44 PM
    04-09-13 08:01 PM
    At first I thought this was going to be another bashing session.
    04-09-13 08:57 PM
    My thought too. Wouldn't they want to cover their losses as soon as the opportunity presents itself?
    The same reason people who bought at 10 0r 12 haven't sold yet. Shorts actually tend to be more certain they are right, a very dangerous hubris if they aren't...
    04-09-13 09:05 PM
    My thought too. Wouldn't they want to cover their losses as soon as the opportunity presents itself?
    The same reason people who bought at 10 0r 12 haven't sold yet. Shorts actually tend to be more certain they are right, a very dangerous hubris if they aren't...
    That, and shorts are holding for same reason that we are holding. We think it's going to rise up so we are LONG and STRONG!
    Similarly, they are confident that price will go down, so they are waiting for it to go down so they can make profit. They are also patient and big pocketed.

AND

Also, if they keep the stock beaten down, some of us (the retail investors) will lose morale, get pessimistic and maybe set SELL orders at $18. Then, shorts will be able to cover majority of their short positions at $18 to $20 level. But if they were to start covering now (when our morale and spirits are still relatively unbroken), they know that a lot of us will NOT sell at $18. So, they'd be forced to pay much more.

But yeah, there is going to be a point, when they'd be like, '****, this stock is not going to go down' and I think (if we all HOLD), that point will come at $25ish level. And I think if we all HOLD, $25ish is achievable by June ER or at the most by Sep ER (given that Z10 and Q10 are being released almost a quarter late in US market).
    Markymark 23, lcjr, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    04-09-13 09:26 PM
    At first I thought this was going to be another bashing session.
    Well I am a BB owner/shareholder ...
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 09:36 PM
    That, and shorts are holding for same reason that we are holding. We think it's going to rise up so we are LONG and STRONG!
    Similarly, they are confident that price will go down, so they are waiting for it to go down so they can make profit. They are also patient and big pocketed.

AND

Also, if they keep the stock beaten down, some of us (the retail investors) will lose morale, get pessimistic and maybe set SELL orders at $18. Then, shorts will be able to cover majority of their short positions at $18 to $20 level. But if they were to start covering now (when our morale and spirits are still relatively unbroken), they know that a lot of us will NOT sell at $18. So, they'd be forced to pay much more.

But yeah, there is going to be a point, when they'd be like, '****, this stock is not going to go down' and I think (if we all HOLD), that point will come at $25ish level. And I think if we all HOLD, $25ish is achievable by June ER or at the most by Sep ER (given that Z10 and Q10 are being released almost a quarter late in US market).
    Except all of us put together + all of the other retail investors included do not control enough stock to have any effect.
    lcjr, fedakd, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-09-13 09:39 PM
    So, why are they hoping we sell early when there are still open shares to buy?
    04-09-13 10:04 PM
    So, why are they hoping we sell early when there are still open shares to buy?
    Just explained
    1. They think the price will go down. They are waiting for profits. Right now, they are in the RED! If they start buying now, from their point of view, they will be in loss. They think that price is going to go down (eventually), so let's just wait. Just like we are waiting for price to go up.

But let's say, somebody convinces them that price is not going to go down, so they better cover now, rather than later. Well, in that case, following would happen (just my opinion):

2. Stock price is going to start going-up as they start buying/covering. In no time at all, it'd reach $18. A lot of us will see price is rising and think that price is going to continue to rise, so we won't sell at $18. So, they'll bid even higher and price will rise even more.

But imagine if they can keep price beaten down for few months, a lot of us will become restless, pessimistic and lose some of our morale. So, a LOT of us might just decide to place SELL orders at limit $18.

Now, if in this situation, shorts were to start covering, as soon as price reaches $18, a lot of our SELL orders will get triggered. So, price won't rise above $18 as a lot of us are willing to sell at $18 (as a result of extended period of pessimism)

That's just my thought process. I could be wrong.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-09-13 10:30 PM
    Not understanding the shorting principal I guess. You did a great job of explaining though.
    04-09-13 10:45 PM
    Not understanding the shorting principal I guess. You did a great job of explaining though.
    well, I could be wrong. Somebody, more knowledgeable, is likely going to correct me!
    04-09-13 11:43 PM
    [QUOTE=chrysaurora;8290103]Just explained

I disagree with the assesments about shorts. Let's say most shorts shorted around avg price of $11 based on price history since last summer so they are already losing money unless they were frequent shorts that got in and out multiple times in last 6 months. So they must be super confident or know something that we do not know that they will be able to recover them less than they paid ( avg $11) otherwise they would have recovered already. The retail shorts probably had no guts to stay short for this long so they probably went in and out but big boys are still holding. Unless they have been coverning in last 2 weeks slowly as no longs buying and they are just covering slowly without noticeble squeeze. Hard to say what's going on and things are not making sense even to analysts. We will have to wait to find that out..
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 12:24 AM
    This is what we are against..we pros can not win..lol

04-10-13 12:42 AM
    This is what we are against..we pros can not win..lol

Rofl