Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you have a link or reference?
    BBRY: RESEARCH IN MOT Stock Quote & Analysis - Zacks.com
    Interesting... not sure when it happened.
    04-09-13 09:03 AM
    at this point i dont even think having a solid date for q10 release will do anything. its got to be pre sale number optimism or carriers/bb saying it is going be a huge launch for the q10 will help the sp
    04-09-13 09:04 AM
    Do you have a link or reference?
    http://www.zacks.com/stock/quote/BBRY?q=bbry
    04-09-13 09:06 AM
    at this point i dont even think having a solid date for q10 release will do anything. its got to be pre sale number optimism or carriers/bb saying it is going be a huge launch for the q10 will help the sp
    Yeah, facts are what matter most but it does depend on the rumour (e.g. takeover, partnership).
    04-09-13 09:07 AM
    A few weeks ago I posted about Herbalife - HLF. It is halted for news pending. It could be a very wild ride today for those folks. HLF, NFLX (Netflix) and BBRY have been the day trader darlings subject to wild swings....
    Looks like KPMG was involved in a bit of insider trading concerning Herbalife and some as yet undisclosed companies...sharing private information to a third party.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:08 AM
    Looks like KPMG was involved in a bit of insider trading concerning Herbalife and some as yet undisclosed companies...sharing private information to a third partys.

Posted via CB10

Yikes...some heads are going to roll.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-09-13 09:09 AM
    A few weeks ago I posted about Herbalife - HLF. It is halted for news pending. It could be a very wild ride today for those folks. HLF, NFLX (Netflix) and BBRY have been the day trader darlings subject to wild swings....
    Please don't compare BBRY with the Herbalife scam.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 09:09 AM
    The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Boeing, Research In Motion, Pandora Media, Apple and Google - Yahoo! Finance

From that same article: "In a recent strategic move BlackBerry smartphone developer, Research In Motion Ltd. *(BBRY) has announced that it will discontinue its BBM music service from Jun 2, 2013. It is believed that tough competition from free online music-streaming service providers has compelled BBRY to shut down its operations.

Notably, the cloud-based music-sharing service allows BlackBerry Messenger (:BBM) subscribers to create a music library and share songs with friends at a monthly service pack of $4.99. However, a user can share a maximum of 50 songs from a list of more than 1 million tracks.

BBRY is compensating its 60 million BBM subscribers by providing them with a 30 day free access to RDIO music service. RDIO offers more than 18 million songs, including the latest hits and classic albums.

Streaming music on mobile phones has been flourishing over the past few years as companies like Pandora Media Inc. (P), Spotify and MOG continue to fight for market share. In Canada, BBRY subscribers are also deprived of CBS Music�s free on demand music service, which is available in rival Apple Inc.�s (AAPL) iPhone and Google Inc.�s (GOOG) Android-based smartphones.

We believe that BBRY needs to come up with a similar free music-streaming service for the old BlackBerry smartphone customers to cope up with its rivals in the online music category.

However, BBRY has not included the music service in its latest BB10-operating system (:OS)-based smartphones. Instead, the new OS-based smartphones come with a free music-streaming service called Songza that recommends playlist based on the mood or activity of the user."

What are they talking about? There are apps available for the new BB10 device and the older models. I use Slacker radio, but there are several more available and have been for a long time. With all these available I don't think Blackberry need to have a replacement for BBM Music.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:11 AM
    Please don't compare BBRY with the Herbalife scam.
    He's not. BBRY is one of the top talked about in the market right now. That's awesome! There is a lot of nonsence going on in the stock market right now. People doing a lot of wrong things and some are just getting caught. That might help out some with the manipulation once some examples are made of.
    04-09-13 09:20 AM
    Just bought some more @ 14.88 TSX
    Long and strong !
    04-09-13 09:20 AM
    Yikes...some heads are going to roll.
    Like I said earlier, that may be a very good thing for us. Might bring some people back to reality and see there are consequences to be paid for manipulation.
    04-09-13 09:22 AM
    I'm not really impressed with the Q10 pricing. At least have it the same as the Z10.
    That pricing is why BlackBerry managed to make a profit this quarter. If they just go after market share with HTC prices, they will quickly go out of business.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:26 AM
    Lol that bogus 2 million to china rumor is now being picked up by german news. The power of the internet hahah

China soll 2 Millionen BlackBerry Q10 Smartphones bestellt haben
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:27 AM
    Like I said earlier, that may be a very good thing for us. Might bring some people back to reality and see there are consequences to be paid for manipulation.
    I wouldn't count on it. anybody that has gotten away with insider trading probably thinks they are too smart to get caught. Add that to the lure of easy money and the cheaters will continue to cheat until they get caught.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:28 AM
    That pricing is why BlackBerry managed to make a profit this quarter. If they just go after market share with HTC prices, they will quickly go out of business.

Posted via CB10

from my understanding the main reason bb posted a profit was because of the $100 million r &d credit they received from the government
    04-09-13 09:30 AM
    Lol that bogus 2 million to china rumor is now being picked up by german news. The power of the internet hahah

China soll 2 Millionen BlackBerry Q10 Smartphones bestellt haben
    Lol, let them spread that news brother. True or false it will put the name Blackberry in people's minds that might not have thought about it earlier. Maybe somebody reads it and runs out to buy a Z10. hahaha.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 09:34 AM
    really low volume on TSX for BB.
    i'm guessing it's the same on the Nasdaq?
    04-09-13 09:36 AM
    from my understanding the main reason bb posted a profit was because of the $100 million r &d credit they received from the government
    That is an ongoing credit they get all the time. It is based off a percentage of R&D, so as long as they keep doing R&D, they keep getting those credits so I wouldn't consider it a one time like the tax recovery in the third quarter (loss carry back) .

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:37 AM
    Yes, they got a tax credit but that is not unique to BlackBerry. It is also not a one time thing. They tried to use the "tax credit" arguement to discredit the cash growth in the 3rd quarter as well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:39 AM
    really low volume on TSX for BB.
    i'm guessing it's the same on the Nasdaq?
    Very.... Just shy of 7 million at the moment.
    04-09-13 09:40 AM
    Yeah, Q10 solid date has already been announced. Rogers starts shipping pre-orders on Apr 29th. Same for TELUS.
    04-09-13 09:41 AM
    They would have broken even without the tax credits ( from previous losses ??) , and still would have beaten down the losses predicted by analysts and critics.

That's why we haven't heard anything from Suva of Citi and Faucette of Pac Crest. They were regularly on newscasts predicting losses before ER with sp target of 6$. I guess the latest ER have silenced those critics.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 09:44 AM
    For a business, it doesn't matter where money is coming from. I own a real estate company and pay a lot in property taxes, no one ever said that my company's earning is less than it actually is if it takes out the taxes. Tax debits and credits are integral parts of a business.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-09-13 09:45 AM
    Yeah, Q10 solid date has already been announced. Rogers starts shipping pre-orders on Apr 29th. Same for TELUS.
    That's why I'm waiting on some type of launch hype from Blackberry. I will be sorely dissappointed if the Q10 rolls out without any type of launch advertizing campaign and such. We're 20 - 21 days out so now is a good time to start the marketing campaign.
    04-09-13 09:49 AM
    In the end this leveling off without swings is good for us. If the day traders can't bank on regular swings and the shorts can't drive the price down they will not make their margins...no margins, they will move on. Which means Faucette misses his bonus, that is justice.

Level is also indicative of the analyst ratings too imo. We are 7 buy, 15 hold and 22 sell (last time I looked)...pretty even really.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-09-13 09:52 AM
113,256 ... 625626627628629 ...