View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Keep in mind, however, that I have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm only giving my limited view on things.
    Lol

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    04-08-13 08:46 PM
    Lol, love it.. I can't pull out a little bit because of my small holdings. I have keep it in or pull it all the way out and play with it somewhere else. Lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 09:07 PM
    Lol, love it.. I can't pull out a little bit because of my small holdings. I have keep it in or pull it all the way out and play with it somewhere else. Lol
    You and me both. I don't plan on pulling mine out though. Just because we're in a stale state right now doesn't mean my confidence has waned in any way. There is much much more to this saga.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-08-13 09:16 PM
    Lol...lol...lol
    04-08-13 09:17 PM
    Omg... I've gotta read all the posts twice now to catch both conversations.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    04-08-13 09:21 PM
    Nice new verizon ad I got from another thread, need more like this

BlackBerryOS.com - New Verizon Z10 Commercial Shows Off BBM Screenshare!
    04-08-13 10:10 PM
    BlackBerry Q10 will be available in Canada on April 30th | MobileSyrup.com

Anyone think we'll get a bump in the SP tomorrow from this news?
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    04-08-13 10:12 PM

n.o.
    04-08-13 10:18 PM
    Probably not, that's actually bearish since we already knew April and this is the last possible day in April.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and Marc_Paradise like this.
    04-08-13 10:18 PM

Normally yes, but not with this thing. Maybe after Q10 launch, maybe...
    04-08-13 10:20 PM
    Normally yes, but not with this thing. Maybe after Q10 launch, maybe...
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. It'd be nice to get a surprise though.
    04-08-13 10:51 PM
    Notwithstanding the news of the release date, I am of the opinion that the SP will certainly see some upward movement tomorrow.
    For all those who are frustrated by the flat movement... keep in mind that the price has come a long way in the past few months. We can't expect t it to keep up the pace at all times.
    There certainly will be times when it needs to rest a little, times when it needs to recharge a bit, etc.
    In the long run, it is bound to go up. And you will certainly believe in it if you believe in the basics of the company and its products.
    If you expect it to keep moving up every week, you are just betting on something that can collapse anytime. If that's what you want, there probably are other better opportunities.
    I just made 30 percent on a stock in a week. Was it a good investment? NO.
    Was it a good bet? Yes.
    I knew what I was getting into and had only put in what I was totally ready to lose.
    Am I betting on BB? I don't think so. I think it is a wise investment. That's the reason I have invested a substantial part of my portfolio in it, and play with the other stocks a bit for the thrills that BlackBerry sometimes cannot offer.
    To sum it all up, we just need to be patient. The news will come. The upgrades will come. The numbers will come.
    AND SO WILL THE RALLIES.
    04-08-13 11:35 PM
    BlackBerry: The Fascinating Journey Will Continue - Seeking Alpha

"BlackBerry has made an impressive entry, and the successful launch of the handset has allowed the company to plan more products in the future. The next significant moment for the company will be the launch of Q10, which I believe will be a success due to the anticipation of BlackBerry's loyal customers. The road ahead it tough for BlackBerry and the company will have to be on its toes due to the constantly changing trends in the sector. However, I believe the new, more focused and lean BlackBerry will be able to cope well with the hurdles in its way."
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-09-13 05:08 AM
    Looks like the 50 DMA, 5 DMA and stock price are all converging around $15.00. It will be interesting to see which way it breaks or if we just trade sideways for a while. I am guessing we go sideways which is why I am on the sidelines for now, but recent history in BBRY suggests volatility. GLTA.
    I am sticking with what I previously posted about it being dead money for a while. I just don't know what else would move the stock much. If I were long, I'd be concerned about that and what upside there is in the next few months. If I were short, I'd be concerned about this period of consolidation, it sure looks like a base to something higher, but I still sit on the sidelines unconvinced. Good luck!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-09-13 05:50 AM
    I am sticking with what I previously posted about it being dead money for a while. I just don't know what else would move the stock much. If I were long, I'd be concerned about that and what upside there is in the next few months. If I were short, I'd be concerned about this period of consolidation, it sure looks like a base to something higher, but I still sit on the sidelines unconvinced. Good luck!
    You don't think any potential upcoming (DoD, ICE , US govt, etc) announcement in favor of BES10 and/or hardware would have a big impact on this stock?
    04-09-13 06:21 AM
    Nah, I believe that lcjr will be right concerning DoD. The real movement for BBRY will take place when there is much less doubt about its potential, which I believe won't come until the September ER.
    04-09-13 06:48 AM
    Nah, I believe that lcjr will be right concerning DoD. The real movement for BBRY will take place when there is much less doubt about its potential, which I believe won't come until the September ER.
    The US Customs and Immigration Enforcement agency announced near the end of last year that they were switching to iOS, then came out saying that they were suspending this decision pending testing of the new BB10/BES10... I think this upcoming announcement will swing the stock considerably either way (depending on which they choose) Imo, this kind of consideration will show that BB still has a foothold for important agencies and does it better than anyone. Of course, if they decide iOS is good enough afterall , we're kind of screwed
    04-09-13 07:03 AM
    My favorite comics app just wiped out all my working documents on my PlayBook.

BBRY better go green today to take my mind off all the work I've gotta start over.
    04-09-13 07:12 AM
    I'm not really impressed with the Q10 pricing. At least have it the same as the Z10.

TELUS BlackBerry Q10 "will begin shipping April 29th," pre-order now available for $700 outright | MobileSyrup.com
    04-09-13 07:25 AM
    MM- that sucks, hope it isn't as bad as it sounds!
    M0de25 - I just think there won't be enough good news out of a DoD announcement or anything similar to get any analysts or big traders to switch sides. I think those that believe will continue to believe and the doubters will continue to hate on BBRY. Nobody really has any reason to put new money into BBRY and the shorts don't (yet!) have a reason to worry and cover. FWIW- My opinion is that BBRY is going to be successful but within its own parameters. Its not going to have icrap or Samsung sales numbers, it needs to make money on what it does have. I think they can do that, but it is hard to value that and figure a growth rate. We will see what happens when the Q series launches. I would rate the the BB10 successes to date as a B. The phone, the roll out and the ads are all good but not great. There are gaps in all of those segments and I am not convinced that BBRY couldn't have done better, esp after taking their sweet time to get the Z10 to market. Hanging around waiting for the Q10 is brutal (IMHO). We need to know what corporations and governments think, I don't see BB10 being a big success in the consumer segment, at least not in the US. It will be solid, but I can't see a mass defection from ithigns and andriod devices to BB10 phones. The BB10 devices are good, and maybe even better for some, but not that much better. Yes 40-50% of new BB10 users may have been defections, but the gross # of them just isn't that large. Large gov't or corp purchases and/or a major cell phone security scare would certainly help BBRY. If I had to chose, I'd still rather be long than short but for me, its only at about 60/40 now where is was closer to 90/10 prior to launch. That's why my play money is invested elsewhere right now.
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:31 AM
    I'm not really impressed with the Q10 pricing. At least have it the same as the Z10.

TELUS BlackBerry Q10 "will begin shipping April 29th," pre-order now available for $700 outright | MobileSyrup.com
    It's fifty bucks more than the Z...not to bad is it? Wait the requisite three weeks after launch and there will be a sale.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-09-13 07:45 AM
    It's fifty bucks more than the Z...not to bad is it? Wait the requisite three weeks after launch and there will be a sale.

Posted via CB10
    I understand but the first reaction will be, that's not a $700 phone! I know people will react like that in the blogosphere as soon as they see a round number like that, which is pretty high. I know that people that really want a QWERTY will buy this, but still, could have been the same.
    04-09-13 07:48 AM
    I'm not sure if markets will be all that great today as many are bracing for the US Redbook Retail Sales Index release this afternoon. If results turn out to be less than favourable then I believe that we can expect red today.

There's also concern about the Initial Jobless Claims rising again...
    I think BBRY knows anyone buying the Q10 is a hardcore BBRY user. Also I'd bet a larger percentage of these devices will be corp and gov't purchases or part of BYOD setups where $50 isn't a deal breaker. I think the overall price points could have been better, but an extra $50 for the Q10 isn't a terrible thing.
    I'm really hoping the q10 battery comes as the longest lasting on the market hands down. I'm surprised with all the complaints of battery life in all cell phones that one top company doesn't have a phone with a battery that is twice as good as normal batteries
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:49 AM
106,075 ... 623624625626627 ...