View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, I'm watching the Facebook event. I can't help but think Thor should have said everything Zuckerberg did. Zuckerberg talked about the experience using a phone, very on point..
    04-04-13 12:20 PM
    04-04-13 12:27 PM
    The Facebook vote page that CNBC has created. FB versus BBRY
    thnx
    04-04-13 12:30 PM
    Ffs...FB is up almost 2% on their SP...for this phone thing? man, some investors jump at anything because it's "newly released"
    04-04-13 12:30 PM
    Blackberry gets some business from Spain

BBRY getting some love from Spain with a big nudge from hometown player. Export Development Canada today said it provided a EUR200M "working capital facility" to Spanish carrier Telefonica to "facilitate the procurement of the Blackbery smartphones, services and solutions". Not a massive order, but a decent boost for BBRY as it works to get its new Z10 phones in as many markets as possible. Telefonica has over 315 million subscribers.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 12:32 PM
    Ffs...FB is up almost 2% on their SP...for this phone thing? man, some investors jump at anything because it's "newly released"
    i thought you 'sell the news,buy the rumor' ?
    04-04-13 12:35 PM
    04-04-13 12:36 PM
    does anyone else feel this vote on CNBC is rigged?
    facebook squares off against BB on the day FB announces a phone.
    this gives CNBC a reason to blast BB all day, saying FB phone will squash BB, etc etc....

the longer BB stayed in the competition, the more opportunity they had to knock them on air.
    04-04-13 12:37 PM
    i thought you 'sell the news,buy the rumor' ?
    I have no idea anymore...lol
    04-04-13 12:37 PM
    Yeah, they are shameless arseholes...
    04-04-13 12:40 PM
    For that to happen, people would have to stop asking for free handouts and get off their lazy butts and go to work so they can pay taxes which fund the social programs. So long as this party is in office, we're on a spending spree and throwing money around we don't really have.
    100% agree, aka 99% of occupy wall street. lol.
    04-04-13 12:41 PM
    It's cool that FB did something new with it's mobile offering, but I'd rather stick with my BlackBerry 10 and actually get things done.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 12:43 PM
    the facebook phone looks terrible. It is a low-level HTC android device with facebook integration on virtually everything you do. There is not much that it brings to the table that was not already available on android or BB10, and facebook popularity is beginning to slip in the past year (not by much, but a little)

I do not see it as a device for anyone besides a child or teenager's first phone. Hopefully it will flop out of the gates and give the Z10 a boost
    04-04-13 12:50 PM
    what did they do that was new?
    04-04-13 12:51 PM
    the facebook phone looks terrible. It is a low-level HTC android device with facebook integration on virtually everything you do. There is not much that it brings to the table that was not already available on android or BB10, and facebook popularity is beginning to slip in the past year (not by much, but a little)

I do not see it as a device for anyone besides a child or teenager's first phone. Hopefully it will flop out of the gates and give the Z10 a boost

Talk about invasion of privacy...
    04-04-13 12:52 PM
    Omfg...the FB SP is up 3.37%
    04-04-13 12:54 PM
    Facebook forgot to show the home screen full of ads
    Sqoon and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 12:55 PM
    Good place to seek buyers of oceanfront Arizona property...lol
    lcjr likes this.
    04-04-13 12:59 PM
    That's the first monthly update with "new features".
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-04-13 01:01 PM
    Omfg...the FB SP is up 3.37%
    I'm not a big fan of shorting stocks, but I might look into that with fb. Or just buying puts.
    04-04-13 01:07 PM
    I was just about to post that. First release will be fine, but after a few updates...

I can see a bunch of pops ups whenever you go to a shopping site, so and so likes product X!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:09 PM
    Perhaps with the huge capital amount, BB could become the preferred MDM solution for some of the 315 million subscriber devices. Now add that to the possibility of AT&T doing the same as per Misek ( this am news on channel checks on Verizon ) along with EE of UK they now have over or just about half a billion subs they can work on if all goes well. If you add the other carriers ( ie Verizon, Vodafone ) who are testing and may go towards BES 10, then the number scales exponentially. There are a few other companies who can do MDM across multiple devices, but am not sure how they stack up against BB. To appreciate what BB did in the MDM space, a blog from Fixmo written last year states that the Type 1 ( highest and most secure ) sandboxing of devices is years away from reality, and " requires significant work by device manufacturers, and the technology has not really made it into consumer smartphones and tablets". BB just did that on the Z10 with their Balance feature ( both OS on the device isolated from each other ) managed by BES10.

Anyway, going back to todays news that the market seems to ignore, if I remember correctly from my memory here are Misek's number for MDM potential.

Misek's example of 50million subs on BES10 @ $100/yr/device @ 40%margin adds roughly about $4 per share at the bottom line. Imagine what would that do to the sp. Obviously the key is getting the 50 million BES 10 subs.

Blackberry gets some business from Spain

BBRY getting some love from Spain with a big nudge from hometown player. Export Development Canada today said it provided a EUR200M "working capital facility" to Spanish carrier Telefonica to "facilitate the procurement of the Blackbery smartphones, services and solutions". Not a massive order, but a decent boost for BBRY as it works to get its new Z10 phones in as many markets as possible. Telefonica has over 315 million subscribers.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-04-13 at 01:24 PM.
    04-04-13 01:13 PM
    Bingo!

Facebook will put ads in Home for Android, just not at launch | The Verge
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-13 01:25 PM
    so, facebook uses their rival's open-source OS against them, by stealing ad revenue from them ( their customer's ads get priority viewing )

perhaps google will start licencing android to prevent this sort of thing.
    Tinomane likes this.
    04-04-13 01:32 PM
    Hello all, at work again today and missed all the excitement once again. I caught up and exercised my due dilligence by voting in the CNBC BBRY vs Facebook square off. Good news if you haven't followed - BBRY is in the lead by a considerable margin. Other good news is that I caught up on the biased faceoff comments this morning (Thanks Morgan for the head's up) and sent off my comments to CNBC as follows:

"Wow, once again CNBC has shown that they occupy the lower end of the unprofessional, biased and unethical media spectrum. How insulting....and again laughable....that today's BBRY "bull" supports the opponent. Didn't this happen earlier in the week (BBRY vs IBM)? Yes. Did BBRY overcome CNBC's attempt at sabotage? Yes. Will BBRY overcome it again today as the company squares off against Facebook? Yes. When will the producers, anchors and most everyone else at CNBC put ethicallly-based leadership in jouralism ahead of ridiculous (and painfully obvious) "bias for profit" manipulation? Besides having a vested interest in Comcast, who else are the CNBC "anchors" working for? The SEC should start paying attention to what you do because to most intelligent investors and hard working business organizations, it's criminal."

PS Don't forget to vote and the CNBC team are a bunch of #5's.
    04-04-13 01:37 PM
113,251 ... 595596597598599 ...