1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hope this is a spoof . . . .

iPhone 6 will run AppleBerry Messenger

iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending March 29 - Network World

The iOSphere is agog over news that Apple received a patent for a mobile instant messaging invention that sounds just like BlackBerry Messenger service, which is BlackBerry's popular IM feature to create quick, easy, free messages to one or more fellow BlackBerry users using their PINs.

"Believe this: Apple just patented BlackBerry's BBM app for iPhone 6!" shouts the headline at Emirates 24/7.

"According to the US Patent and Trademark Office, the instant messaging patent is for 'a portable electronic device with a touch screen display [which] displays a list of instant messaging conversations including a group conversation,'" explains Emirates 24/7's Vicky Kapur. "If it sounds incredibly close to BlackBerry's BBM service, that's because it is, or so we think."

Apple: innovating by imitating. Which sounds better than "ripping off."
    jamezl989 likes this.
    03-30-13 08:01 PM
    Nope...it's true. Does not matter... in the end they can't do anything with it other than allow their own base to use it...they would lose miserably if they tried to stop BlackBerry from providing BBM....imo

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:05 PM
    I'm curious as to what functionality of the service is patentable. I know that the patent office can be quite inept, but I'm sure that they made sure that there is something unique about how they do it and what they offer when there are existing services out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:42 PM
    There's an option on the table to bring his TSFA into a self-directed venue and let
    me handle the trading. Now that said, the bulk of my stuff is in BB. (for many reasons,
    some of which have to do with the possible rate of growth combined with the already
    started momentum on this stock) Being easter and all, lol I am thinking of putting
    more eggs in this proverbial basket. I am struggling on one hand my practical side is
    whispering 'diversification' and my other side is yelling 'best returns on investment'.
    Obviously I feel strongly BB will deliver better. Thoughts?
    I believe in using EFTs in your TFSA, particularly if it is high growth. I would not have more than 5% in BlackBerry though, that is just asking for trouble.

I've taken huge losses on "Sure thing" investments before, and it hurts when it is in a tax free account.

If you insist then I would keep it in your TFSA because of the high capital gain potential.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:46 PM
    ... my practical side is
    whispering 'diversification' and my other side is yelling 'best returns on investment'.
    Obviously I feel strongly BB will deliver better. Thoughts?
    I confess I'm in the same boat. A few weeks back I pulled some money out of a few other stocks which were up but not likely going anywhere anytime soon. I bought some more BB then and used the rest a couple of days before the ER. I keep thinking I'm way too over-weighted but every time I ask the question my honest answer is I think it's better off where it is, at least for the next week or two. I'm expecting some upgrades once a few analysts do their checks on US sales and sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:23 PM
    Happy Easter everyone...here is a screen saver for ya if you want:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-atlin.jpg
    03-30-13 09:35 PM
    I believe in using EFTs in your TFSA, particularly if it is high growth. I would not have more than 5% in BlackBerry though, that is just asking for trouble.

I've taken huge losses on "Sure thing" investments before, and it hurts when it is in a tax free account.

If you insist then I would keep it in your TFSA because of the high capital gain potential.

Posted via CB10
    I can relate to the 'sure thing' huge loss and this coming from one of my inlaws doesn't make family
    dinners too comfortable by times. lmao....lol

Good input re: etf's
    UYG was one of my tanker's. Not a fun ride down I tell you.
    But I'll look and see what I can find.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    03-30-13 09:57 PM
    I'm with you kid! The only reason I'm in the stock market at all is I believe in BB! I saw an extremely undervalued stock at a real low price and decided to invest. I'm not lookin for a diversiified portfolio. I'm puttin my money where my mouth is. Thorsten was basically left with a huge pile of sh..t and has done us proud. 2200 shares and glad to be part of this community and forum. I've learned so much.. the head fake from Thunder, the TA from Morgan and so many more things it would take a day to write. I'm long BB and totally enjoy that ups and downs that every tomorrow brings. Thanks to you all for making my days interesting and enjoyable.
    03-30-13 10:04 PM
    I confess I'm in the same boat. A few weeks back I pulled some money out of a few other stocks which were up but not likely going anywhere anytime soon. I bought some more BB then and used the rest a couple of days before the ER. I keep thinking I'm way too over-weighted but every time I ask the question my honest answer is I think it's better off where it is, at least for the next week or two. I'm expecting some upgrades once a few analysts do their checks on US sales and sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    Well after mulling it over extensively I am just not happy with my price points in BB in the long term.
    Not that I don't have a built-up-cast-iron coating on my stomach for losses, but I just can't see the bears
    letting this go so easily and I feel that I could get in it at a much lower price point. So for me I will stick it
    out for wee bit of a rally, sell out of my position and wait for a dip to buy back in and then perhaps assess
    my overweight issue yet again. lol
    plane6065 likes this.
    03-30-13 10:04 PM
    Well after mulling it over extensively I am just not happy with my price points in BB in the long term.
    Not that I don't have a built-up-cast-iron coating on my stomach for losses, but I just can't see the bears
    letting this go so easily and I feel that I could get in it at a much lower price point. So for me I will stick it
    out for wee bit of a rally, sell out of my position and wait for a dip to buy back in and then perhaps assess
    I think it's a good idea, but you need to be very cautious when playing with the fluctuations. Especially when this is such a volatile stock, and responds in 'weird' ways to the news and reports...
    03-30-13 10:20 PM
    I'm with you kid! The only reason I'm in the stock market at all is I believe in BB! I saw an extremely undervalued stock at a real low price and decided to invest. I'm not lookin for a diversiified portfolio. I'm puttin my money where my mouth is. Thorsten was basically left with a huge pile of sh..t and has done us proud. 2200 shares and glad to be part of this community and forum. I've learned so much.. the head fake from Thunder, the TA from Morgan and so many more things it would take a day to write. I'm long BB and totally enjoy that ups and downs that every tomorrow brings. Thanks to you all for making my days interesting and enjoyable.
    Well I in precisely the same boat with exactly the same amount of shares. It's a great ride isn't it .

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and doctor gonzo like this.
    03-30-13 10:22 PM
    I haven't met anyone with a Z10 yet, but I have been showing it off to anyone that would listen. So far I have converted two iPhone users. They liked it so much that they are going to terminate their contracts early.

Posted via CB10
    When I was out at the malls today with my wife I seen a few people using Z10s. I noticed the carrier stores were very busy. I noticed a lot of Z10 advertising at these stores. I don't know what phones the customers were buying, but I do know they weren't the iphone5s or the sg4. When I went by the Ghost Armor kiosk there were 3 Z10s and 1 other phone getting screen protection. In the Walmart store almost all the Z10 accessories were gone. When I walked by the Apple store I noticed a group of employees standing at the front talking to each other.
    03-30-13 10:42 PM
    You could always buy some Fairfax Finacial... a great way to buy more bbry shares and have security for the downside; The Berkshire Hathaway of Canada.