View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks Charles for the updates, glad to see positive spins. Def means something but we need some upgrades to really have an impact IMO.

Win for BB

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0CL0KQ20130329
    03-29-13 04:47 PM
    Thanks Charles for the updates, glad to see positive spins. Def means something but we need some upgrades to really have an impact IMO.
    Yip. Nice to see some immediate push back to the crap from yesterday.

Too bad markets are closed today.
    03-29-13 04:52 PM

Win for BB

BlackBerry wins dismissal of U.S. shareholder lawsuit | Reuters

I'm amazed that people actually try to sue for losing investments.
    03-29-13 04:59 PM
    Well with all the noise of the BlackBerry Z10 being sold at deep discount prices I thought I would see what the current sale prices of phones are at Canada's FutureShop and Best Buy.

I picture is worth 1000 words.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-furureshop-telus-z10.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fs-bell-sg3.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-best-buy-bell-iphone.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-best-buy-rogers-z10-920.jpg
    03-29-13 05:02 PM
    [QUOTE=bungaboy;8222737]Well with all the noise of the BlackBerry Z10 being sold at deep discount prices I thought I would see what the current sale prices of phones are at Canada's FutureShop and Best Buy.

Lol...it certainly is. Looks like some concerns by the competition...
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-29-13 05:05 PM
    Indeed.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-29-13 05:06 PM
    Everyone seems to have their own interpretation of what a BlackBerry Subscriber is, including me.

BlackBerry Subscriber Definition

Subcriber- shall mean a subscriber of mobile services who has expressed wish to subscribe or has already subscribed to BlackBerry Internet Service.
    BlackBerry Internet Service-shall mean an email and internet service for BlackBerry devices, designed to provide the subscribers with automatic delivery of email messages, mobile access to email message attachments, and convenient access to Internet content.
    A BlackBerry User is not necessarily a BlackBerry Subscriber.
    When a person purchases a BlackBerry without a data package, this person is a user, but not a subscriber. This person has access to BBM and voice calls. This is common practice in parts of the world.
    When a person purcheses a BB10 without being connected to Enterprise (BES10), this person is a user, but not a subscriber. This person has access to everything BB10 has to offer except BB Balance and BB encryption of data including email (BBM is still under BB encryption).

A BlackBerry Subscriber is not necessarily a BlackBerry User.
    When a person purcheses an iphone or an android and connects it to BES10, this person is a subscriber, but not a user. This person does not have access to BBM or BB Balance, but is protected by BB encryption of data.

This is my interpretation of what a BlackBerry Subscriber is. It is important to all of us here that we know what a BlackBerry Subscriber is.
    If you agree with this interpretation, please hit thanks or like.
    If you disagree with this interpretation or if there is something missing please do not hit thanks or like, but instead please respond with what you know to be true.
    03-29-13 05:18 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	1547 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	145130[QUOTE=bungaboy;8222737]Well with all the noise of the BlackBerry Z10 being sold at deep discount prices I thought I would see what the current sale prices of phones are at Canada's FutureShop and Best Buy.
    BlackBerry 10 - Best Buy Canada

I got this from best buy today
    Last edited by KISSINGER; 03-29-13 at 05:38 PM.
    03-29-13 05:27 PM
    +1 DragonFlyer

I would also add that BlackBerry defined the term "subscriber" so that they can track changes in "revenue per subscriber". This suggests that a subscriber needs to have the capability to pay for services delivered by BlackBerry. I interpret this as a device with a BBID. A corollary being that a BlackBerry (BB10 or BBOS) device purchased without an associated BBID would not be considered a subscriber.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-29-13 05:28 PM
    +1 DragonFlyer

I would also add that BlackBerry defined the term "subscriber" so that they can track changes in "revenue per subscriber". This suggests that a subscriber needs to have the capability to pay for services delivered by BlackBerry. I interpret this as a device with a BBID. A corollary being that a BlackBerry (BB10 or BBOS) device purchased without an associated BBID would not be considered a subscriber.
    You might find this interesting

As for subscribers, a million here and a million there is no big deal as far as I'm concerned. Current subscribers are off on a q-o-q basis, but when you think of it, the number is same as it was about one year ago. Below is a list of the subscribers per quarter.

- March 2, 2013: 76 million

- Dec. 1, 2012: 79 million

- Sept. 1, 2012: 80 million

- June 2, 2012: 78 million

- March 3, 2012: 77 million
    BlackBerry: Do Short Sellers Feel Lucky? - Seeking Alpha
    03-29-13 05:32 PM
    Who says it ain't a fixed game?

Trader arrested in insider probe of hedge fund SAC

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:35 PM GMT

Federal Bureau of Investigation officials arrested a trader from SAC Capital for insider trading on Friday, in the latest push by authorities against the controversial hedge fund.

Michael Steinberg, a portfolio manager at SAC affiliate Sigma Capital Management, faces criminal and civil charges of insider trading and securities fraud from the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The charges said he traded on advance information of quarterly results of tech companies Dell and Nvidia, reaping millions in profits and avoided losses for an SAC fund.

Steinberg's lawyer denied the charges, which came weeks after Sigma analyst Jon Horvath settled charges and Sigma itself agreed to pay $14 million in fines related to the same insider trading.

The charges allege that Steinberg made profitable trades based on earnings-related tips from company insiders that were routed through a small network of hedge funds and analysts.

Sigma gained more than $6 million in profits and avoided losses from the information, according to the SEC.

"Steinberg essentially got an advance copy of Dell and Nvidia's quarterly earnings announcements, allowing him to trade on tomorrow's news today," said George Canellos, acting director of the SEC's Division of Enforcement.

"As alleged, Mr. Steinberg was at the center of an elite criminal club, where cheating and corruption were rewarded," said FBI Assistant Director George Venizelos.

"The law is clear for everyone including Mr. Steinberg. Trading on inside information is illegal."

Steinberg's attorney Barry Berke told the Wall Street Journal Friday that his client "did absolutely nothing wrong."

"His trading decisions were based on detailed analysis" and information that Steinberg "understood had been properly obtained through the types of channels that institutional investors rely upon on a daily basis."

An SAC spokesman defended Steinberg.

"Mike has conducted himself professionally and ethically during his long tenure at the firm," the spokesman said. "We believe him to be a man of integrity."

The SEC indictment shows how advance information on Dell's gross margins in a particular quarter in mid-2008 was transmitted by an employee of Dell's investor relations department to an analyst for an asset management fund.

That analyst relayed the information to Jesse Tortora, who worked at hedge fund Diamondback Capital Management, who in turn relayed it to Steinberg's colleague Horvath.

Fourteen minutes after speaking with Tortora, Horvath spoke by telephone with Steinberg and about a minute later, Steinberg's fund began shorting Dell shares, the indictment said.

By the end of the day, Steinberg's portfolio had acquired a net short position of more than 167,000 shares.

In the Nvidia case, information that Nvidia's gross margins would be lower than market expectations came from an insider in Nvidia's finance department.

That analyst passed the information through Tortora and Horvath, among others, and Steinberg was accused of being behind trades executed for Sigma funds ahead of the company's earnings announcement.

Steinberg's arrest was the most recent incident in the long-running investigation into SAC, one of the leading names of the New York hedge fund community, and its founder billionaire Steven A. Cohen.

In addition to the Sigma fine, on March 15 the SEC also hit SAC affiliate CR Intrinsic Investors with a record $602 million penalty to settle charges that it earned massive profits on confidential information involving the clinical trial of an Alzheimer's drug.
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-29-13 06:01 PM
    [QUOTE=KISSINGER;8222887]Click image for larger version. 

ID:	145130Click image for larger version. 

ID:	145130
    Well with all the noise of the BlackBerry Z10 being sold at deep discount prices I thought I would see what the current sale prices of phones are at Canada's FutureShop and Best Buy.
    BlackBerry 10 - Best Buy Canada

I got this from best buy today
    Drill deeper and you will find . . . . . . zero available at those $99.99 prices.

These are from today's flyers.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-rogers-zero.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-bell-zero.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-flyer.jpg
    03-29-13 06:27 PM
    Say it ain't so!

Apple iPhone Is The Most Hacked Mobile Device By Far (AAPL)

Business Insider

Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:51 PM GMT

The same platforms which helped give Apple its rise have also contributed to its rising vulnerability.

This month, web security company SourceFire issued a report called "25 Years of Vulnerabilities" that charted the Critical Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) of various software and mobile devices.

A CVE is "the international standard for vulnerability numbering or identification" security companies use to chart exploits.

In the report, the company previously known for its near-impenetrability looks like its debut platform, the iPhone, is also its most hackable.

Sourcefire detected 210 CVE's, compared to Android's 24.

But it could also just be the popularity.

From the report:

While one may argue that the increase in CVEs is due to the increased popularity of the phone over the years, Android, the current market leader for mobile phone operating systems, has actually received fewer CVEs in 2012 than it did in 2011, even though it had explosive growth in market share.

ZDNet's Ellyne Phneah talked to Yves Younan, senior research engineer at SourceFire's Vulnerabilities Research Team and author of the report, who said that the combination of popularity and invulnerability of Apples iTunes with the sheer consumer share of iPhone mobile devices led hackers to focus on penetrating the device.

From ZDNet:

With Android devices, cybercriminals see less reason to look for vulnerabilities to penetrate smartphones, he added. Android's open platform already easily opens up for third party and malicious apps to be easily created for users to download, he explained.
    03-29-13 06:32 PM
    I am last minute man with taxes.
    Just got back from the last minute meeting with the accountant!
    He asked me about a large amount missing from my bank account.
    I said, "It's kinda....sorta... invested somewhere"
    03-29-13 07:12 PM
    Just got back from the last minute meeting with the accountant!
    He asked me about a large amount missing from my bank account.
    I said, "It's kinda....sorta... invested somewhere"
    Kinda . . . .Sorta . . .
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-29-13 08:14 PM
    BlackBerry - Z10 4G LTE Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless) - BBSTL100-4

BlackBerry - Z10 4G LTE Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless)

Model: BBSTL100-4
    SKU: 8682101

Be the first to write a review.

Shipping: Due to high demand, slight shipping delays are possible

Estimate Arrival Time

A signature is required for delivery of this item. Learn more ›

Store Pickup: Not Available

Special Offers:
    •Save on Mobile Accessories: Find Out How
    •Share Everything Data Usage Calculator
    •Free Shipping

Best Buy Cardholder Offers:
    • 18-Month Financing
    • Get 4% Back in Rewards: See How

Looks like it sold out at the stores
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-29-13 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry - Z10 4G Mobile Phone - Black (T-Mobile)

Model: RIM BLACKBERRY Z10 LTE BLACK KIT
    SKU: 8416239

5.0 of 5 (4 reviews)

Shipping: Usually ships in 3-5 business days

A signature is required for delivery of this item. Learn more ›

Estimate Arrival Time

Store Pickup: Not Available

BlackBerry - Z10 4G Mobile Phone - Black (T-Mobile) - RIM BLACKBERRY Z10 LTE BLACK KIT

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bNEkG0Dg

Same goes with Tmobile the ony Z10s available are from AT&T lol
    helopilot06 and bungaboy like this.
    03-29-13 08:29 PM
    Its still amazing to me here in california, probably 90% of the educated ppl i talk to say bbry is dead, they are going out of business etc., etc. i nicely tell them to take a look at this amazing phone. They all say no. now here is where it gets funny, a year or two from now, when they start converting back, none of them will ever admit that i told them so, they will actually try to convince me how great this phone is while i just look and smile. I am acting very modest in my conversations so i don't get into a verbal argument. But then, as life goes there are the sheep and then the herders. There are alot of sheep out there. What's that saying? A good deed never goes unpunished! It will take time to break US sentiment but its slowly coming, finally. keep up the good work BBRY!
    03-29-13 08:34 PM
    The white version at both Bell and Virgin are constantly sold out in dozens of cities in Canada:
    Search Results | TheSource.ca

Click on them and you can search store availability based on the city.
    03-29-13 09:05 PM
    The white version at both Bell and Virgin are constantly sold out in dozens of cities in Canada:
    Search Results | TheSource.ca

Click on them and you can search store availability based on the city.
    TheSource didn't have very much stock to begin with.
    03-29-13 09:55 PM
    Umhh, The Source is owned by Bell Canada, they have all the stock they want.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-13 12:27 AM
    Kinda sorta odd that BlackBerry wasn't metioned at all in this artical.
    Bloggers, not hackers, are the real cyber threat - Outside the Box - MarketWatch
    03-30-13 12:59 AM
    come on: 2000 votes with even the HTC One not votable are not that representative...

Chris
    WOW 52.2% people (2000 votes) said that their next smartphone going to buy will be BB Z10.
    If this poll reflects the true mind of the people, then I will say that it will not take too long to see the price of BBRY stock reaches $700!
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-30-13 01:13 AM
    This is not my quote. I found it on another site and thought it belonged here, so here it is.

In order for the stock to be priced where it is, shorts have had to oversupply the market with 155 million borrowed shares on a total float of around 500 million. Netting out major blocks held long term than are not available to be borrowed, it may be closer to 350 million. They have also had to push a negative message pretty hard through analysts and media. That was in a time of huge pessimism and uncertainty in Blackberry and therefore a receptive audience.

There is a cost to borrowing these shares. At last check, I think it was around 7.5% and rising.

Shorts will have hedged their risk by buying call options (I'm sure other strategies may be employed too) but those options cost money, expire and must be repurchased, further adding to the cost of borrowing the shares. On top of that, if the shares have been rising, even gradually, and they have, the hedgers are either going to have to pay more for the same strike price or take a bigger risk by buying options at a higher strike price.

Between the cost of borrowing and the cost of the hedging, this is like death by a thousand cuts for those shorting the stock. The longer they wait, the more it costs and the more it hurts.

There is also a huge risk to shorting. It's one thing to plan your exit, and cut your losses, in a gradually rising share price environment but what happens if Blackberry surprises the shorts with a licensing agreement, sale of the hardware business or other positive outcome from the ongoing strategic review? There will be 155 million shares that need to be bought and returned very, very quickly. Very painful and impossible to predict.

As the company stays on plan, continues to perform well, meets it's sales, market share, cash flow and profitability goals, the uncertainty and pessimism will begin to dissipate and it will take more and more effort to push the stock price down. How will analysts and media continue to spin a negative story without risking losing credibility (already gone in the minds of many) in the face of positive results? Ever read the story about the boy who cried wolf? Where are the next 155 million borrowed shares to oversupply the market going to come from?

Don't worry about the stock price, worry about how the company is performing. The stock price will adjust in time. I'm very happy with how Blackberry has performed over the last year and how BB10 has been received. I am also optimistic about BES10 in the BYOD market, both for the existing install base and for the entire MDM and security market.

As the company continues to perform well time is working for the longs and against the shorts.
    03-30-13 01:27 AM
    I normally do it right away, because well i like having my money back to invest lol, but everything seemed to take forever to get my my 1099s etc. Ridiculous. And now that this is my first year filing jointly with the wife her tax id is screwed sooooo still waiting... Thanks tax code from ****
    03-30-13 01:50 AM
113,251 ... 547548549550551 ...