413 37.34%
    TDW will update your holdings to the last bid price not the closing price

Well Would you look at that
    I did much better on iTRADE than I did on TDWaterhouse
    This is one screwed up stock

Attachment 144908
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-28-13 11:55 PM
    So whats the local mood there? Are people excited, dejected...couldn't care less?
    There is a lot of interest in the success of the company in the region. People around here have always been excited or hopeful depending on how the company was doing. People are excited right now. RIM laid off a lot of employees as part of restructuring. Didn't hurt the economy to much, but it did affect the mind set of people around here which did affect the local economy. Google set up shop in town and hired some of the people. Smart on their part. There are a huge amount of tech start up companies in this area that are always looking for good people.
    03-29-13 12:06 AM
    I hope it just licensing and nothing else beyond that.

Post via CB10
    03-29-13 12:54 AM
    letd just hope that things settle now and start a steady climb. I need to get back to the 18$ range to make any money worth talkin about
    03-29-13 01:20 AM
    I think we are ships passing in the night on this whole FX thing. I suppose if you had a super computer and lots of money you might be able to make some arbitrage gains . The morale of the story is if you are Long and you have more confidence in the US dollar than the Cdn dollar then buy BBRY on the US exchange and sleep better.
    You mean the other way around?
    If you think the US dollar is stronger and is going to go up, relative to the Canadian dollar. (E.g. You can get more CDN per USD)
    It means that BB.TO will go up more, relative to BBRY.
    03-29-13 01:44 AM
    It is the possible negative spillover from the shorts marketing campaign that is really disgusting. Making money by ruining companies, removing value and stunting innovation does not seem to respect capitalist principles.

It is somewhat putrid.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:49 AM
    anyone care to predict next week? From the trends and the ER, I think we should see either minimal slide backwards or some climb upwards. It would be refreshing to see a positive peice of news either from BB or one of the carriers and that is the 10% trump card if it appears.

its starting to seem like fridays are a bad day to invest in BBRY. the bears seem to raid the stock and tear it a new one in order to make friday shorts valuable and screw over the calls
    fedakd likes this.
    03-29-13 02:10 AM
    What did that twit say on CNBC
    People are not going to give up their iphone for a BlackBerry
    Well those things on 2 legs in my neck of the woods are making the switch

03-29-13 02:18 AM
    I think you are right. We will probably see a slight slide followed by an uptrend. But this is basically what we have all been saying for a week now anyway so no shock.
    anyone care to predict next week? From the trends and the ER, I think we should see either minimal slide backwards or some climb upwards. It would be refreshing to see a positive peice of news either from BB or one of the carriers and that is the 10% trump card if it appears.

its starting to seem like fridays are a bad day to invest in BBRY. the bears seem to raid the stock and tear it a new one in order to make friday shorts valuable and screw over the calls
    03-29-13 02:20 AM
    What did that twit say on CNBC
    People are not going to give up their iphone for a BlackBerry
    Well those things on 2 legs in my neck of the woods are making the switch

I know 5 people that have switched to the Z10 from the iPhone already. And lord knows I'm switching from android as soon as I can afford to lol
    03-29-13 02:49 AM
    Also, not quite on topic but yesterday I finally got my hands on the Z10 in an at&t store. Man that browser is lighting fast. I can't wait to get my tax return to go pick one up to actually take home with me!
    03-29-13 02:54 AM
    I think the rumors on how the Verizon and T-Mo sales are doing will be the driving factor for the next few weeks. Time will tell which direction we are heading.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-29-13 03:23 AM
    I think the rumors on how the Verizon and T-Mo sales are doing will be the driving factor for the next few weeks. Time will tell which direction we are heading.
    I agree. Personally I think that Verizon and t-mobile sales will be better than at&t sales because of their marketing differences. Regardless there are alot of different markets that didn't really factor into this quarters sales numbers that will show up good for BBRY next er
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-29-13 03:56 AM
    On a side note, again, it's 5a.m est. And I just caught up on all the posts from yesterday. lol
    03-29-13 03:57 AM
    Ok, good morning guys. Let's sum up and make some (easy and not exhaustive) facts checking:

1. Z10 is in the wild : CONFIRMED+
    2. Z10 Sales are pretty good : CONFIRMED+ (1 million in a month for Europe and Canada only)
    3. Z10 clients are mostly former BB users : BUSTED, only 45% BB V.S 55% appl + SAM (50/50 as Heins stated)
    4. BB cash will bleed : BUSTED, now back to the $2.9 Billions level
    5. Supply chain won't make it : BUSTED, the new organization (4 pits only) handled the launch pressure
    6. Enterprises will not go BES10 : (busted) indicators like number of testing companies is high, probably mostly driven by the secure BYOD capability
    7. Subscriber base will decline again : CONFIRMED, IMHO for that quarter only, should stabilize (at least significantly reduce) next quarter with Q10. (Was somehow expected, usual thing on new devices late major update)
    8. Growth margin will raise : CONFIRMED, BB is back to positive margins, driven by Z10 high ASP but also end of BB7 device high discounts and decent PB sales
    9. PlayBook is dead: BUSTED (300K+ units shipped in the quarter = +33% VS previous quarter) [these figures are approximative]
    10. Services revenues will decline : CONFIRMED BUT, as expected, growth margin (8) + PB sales (9) over balanced this resulting in ...
    11. EPS will be negative : BUSTED by approx $0.5/share, enjoy a $0.18 (net) EPS
    12. Lenovo, MS, Nokia, Appl, SAM, IBM, Mac Donald's will lead a takeover : BUSTED, not - and never was - in the plan
    13. Bears and shorts will spawn negativity and drive the stock at its lows : BUSTED, that's a *victorious* flat day
    14. Superfly_FR is a French stubborn as a mule optimist, a professional sugarcoater, a fanatic, a dreamer, a fool : CONFIRMED but ... who cares "Beginners luck" is such a delicious thing, isn't it ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-1932869_o.jpg
    PLEASE, Keep in mind

NEVER invest a penny you cannot afford to loose 100%
    RELY on professional/trusted/granted advisors, what you read here is "experience returns" NOT incitations to invest nor how to invest in BBRY.
    Day trading require skills and tools you may not have in hands; long and calm position sounds like one of the best options for rookies.

03-29-13 04:09 AM
    I agree. Personally I think that Verizon and t-mobile sales will be better than at&t sales because of their marketing differences. Regardless there are alot of different markets that didn't really factor into this quarters sales numbers that will show up good for BBRY next er
    It will not be hard to exceed as my7 local store still has 3 of it's original 8 phones. BUT, they did put up a small banner!
    03-29-13 05:12 AM
    Great. Summary. Now let's see how long it takes the analysts to catch on.
    Ok, good morning guys. Let's sum up and make some (easy and not exhaustive) facts checking:

1. Z10 is in the wild : CONFIRMED+
    2. Z10 Sales are pretty good : CONFIRMED+ (1 million in a month for Europe and Canada only)
    3. Z10 clients are mostly former BB users : BUSTED, only 45% BB V.S 55% appl + SAM (50/50 as Heins stated)
    4. BB cash will bleed : BUSTED, now back to the $2.9 Billions level
    5. Supply chain won't make it : BUSTED, the new organization (4 pits only) handled the launch pressure
    6. Enterprises will not go BES10 : (busted) indicators like number of testing companies is high, probably mostly driven by the secure BYOD capability
    7. Subscriber base will decline again : CONFIRMED, IMHO for that quarter only, should stabilize (at least significantly reduce) next quarter with Q10. (Was somehow expected, usual thing on new devices late major update)
    8. Growth margin will raise : CONFIRMED, BB is back to positive margins, driven by Z10 high ASP but also end of BB7 device high discounts and decent PB sales
    9. PlayBook is dead: BUSTED (300K+ units shipped in the quarter = +33% VS previous quarter) [these figures are approximative]
    10. Services revenues will decline : CONFIRMED BUT, as expected, growth margin (8) + PB sales (9) over balanced this resulting in ...
    11. EPS will be negative : BUSTED by approx $0.5/share, enjoy a $0.18 (net) EPS
    12. Lenovo, MS, Nokia, Appl, SAM, IBM, Mac Donald's will lead a takeover : BUSTED, not - and never was - in the plan
    13. Bears and shorts will spawn negativity and drive the stock at its lows : BUSTED, that's a *victorious* flat day
    14. Superfly_FR is a French stubborn as a mule optimist, a professional sugarcoater, a fanatic, a dreamer, a fool : CONFIRMED but ... who cares "Beginners luck" is such a delicious thing, isn't it ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1932869_o.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	144943
    PLEASE, Keep in mind

NEVER invest a penny you cannot afford to loose 100%
    RELY on professional/trusted/granted advisors, what you read here is "experience returns" NOT incitations to invest nor how to invest in BBRY.
    Day trading require skills and tools you may not have in hands; long and calm position sounds like one of the best options for rookies.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-29-13 05:14 AM
    I agree with Superfly. Moreover, the Z10 is the best phone at the moment. My Apple-fan friends are hoping that iPhone 6 will be better, but if not they will go BlackBerry. Regarding the stock, I have been buying at intervals starting at a round 6.50 now average 10.0. Up 50% in a period of 6 months, so it's an awesome investment. Shorts believed that BlackBerry was going out of business (can't make a usable phone, cash burnt out before launch of BlackBerry 10, etc). Clearly they were wrong, but already in too deep. Now that it's clear that BlackBerry is not going bankrupt, shorts are probably looking for a way out. When they do, the stock price will reflect the value of the company. Happy Easter everybody.
    03-29-13 05:19 AM
    I agree with Superfly. Moreover, the Z10 is the best phone at the moment. My Apple-fan friends are hoping that iPhone 6 will be better, but if not they will go BlackBerry. Regarding the stock, I have been buying at intervals starting at a round 6.50 now average 10.0. Up 50% in a period of 6 months, so it's an awesome investment. Shorts believed that BlackBerry was going out of business (can't make a usable phone, cash burnt out before launch of BlackBerry 10, etc). Clearly they were wrong, but already in too deep. Now that it's clear that BlackBerry is not going bankrupt, shorts are probably looking for a way out. When they do, the stock price will reflect the value of the company. Happy Easter everybody.
    Agreed. I think we will start to see more support for bb10 and more importantly well see BBRY shares reflect that. Companies can now see that BBRY isn't going under and will b more willing to invest in their systems.
    03-29-13 05:25 AM
    Take a look. Z10 is winning the poll for which phone people are going to buy this year.
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-29-13 05:49 AM
    After the last few weeks, my advice would be to stop buying options and just buy common stock.

The options market seems to be a joke with this stock. It's too easily manipulated and it seems like its just sucking up cash.
    03-29-13 06:43 AM
    Take a look. Z10 is winning the poll for which phone people are going to buy this year.
    come on: 2000 votes with even the HTC One not votable are not that representative...

Chris
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    03-29-13 07:19 AM
    I think y'all should by stock at the open today and teach those shorts a lesson.
    </sarcasm>

The stock going down yesterday after surprising quarterly numbers (but worth investigating more) says volumes more than a few pump and dumpers.
    03-29-13 07:27 AM
    I think we are ships passing in the night on this whole FX thing. I suppose if you had a super computer and lots of money you might be able to make some arbitrage gains . The morale of the story is if you are Long and you have more confidence in the US dollar than the Cdn dollar then buy BBRY on the US exchange and sleep better.
    No, arbitrage does actually happen, daily, and it's the reason the TSX price will climb as the CAD drops relative to the USD. If it didn't happen, the stock price on the two exchanges would stay the same. The gains come not from participating in the arbitrage but by sitting on the sidelines, having bought on the TSX and also later selling on the TSX. At least, that's the theory. I'll wait for someone to actually point out a flaw in the idea before discarding it.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-29-13 07:41 AM
    After the last few weeks, my advice would be to stop buying options and just buy common stock.

The options market seems to be a joke with this stock. It's too easily manipulated and it seems like its just sucking up cash.
    And put the shares in a protected account to remove them from the short supply.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-29-13 07:46 AM
106,073 ... 544545546547548 ...