View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    I agree. will the preschool be good grade for them?
    03-28-13 01:33 PM
    You have to hope that TH and company are analyzing the morning feedback and are centering their response on the lower handset sales and subs issue. If TH delivers a good response to the only issues the bears can hide behind, the stock will rise on that kind of news. Let's see.
    It was answered in the ER call. See the highlighted.
    Kevin Smithen - Macquarie Research
    You saw a slight slowdown on BB7 units this quarter, and I wondered if this is just due to anticipation of a lower priced BB10 launch in LatAm and Asia. Or this is market share losses or inventory reduction? And when do you expect to launch a midrange BB10 device at a lower ASP for emerging markets?

Thorsten Gerhard Heins - CEO
    I dont make any connection in the slowdown of BB7 versus a lower priced BB10. I dont understand exactly what youre referring to. The BB7 slowdown really is part of the uptake of Blackberry 10. And I think like the EMEA example I gave you, where we really sold out [unintelligible] in two days, it certainly has to do with inventory reduction that is working right now in terms of us converging to selling through all the BB7 inventory.

And the midrange BB10, as I said, expect that kind of around midyear in various markets and we will address that [unintelligible] properly in the midrange. But I mean fiscal year midrange, not calendar year. Thats the years I live in, my report. But were looking forward to that, because we know theres a big demand even in the midrange.

I think what I want to say here is everybodys looking at the Z10, and we are proud of the Z10, make no mistake, but were doing much more than that. Were building a portfolio in this fiscal year, so you will see us getting into the market with various products. You know, 1-1-1-1. So were actually really working on a whole portfolio that we will take to market this year. Thats what were excited about.
    Shaw Wu - Sterne Agee
    And just a follow up quickly. Longer term, right now you have a couple of different platforms. I realize its all Blackberry, but how do you see that going forward? Do you see segmentation where youre going to continue supporting customers that want to use Blackberry 7, or do you see kind of migrating all the Blackberry 10?

Thorsten Gerhard Heins - CEO
    Its not a couple of platforms, its two, right? Its Blackberry OS, and then its Blackberry 10. Im saying that to just make sure everybody understands, were not fragmenting our efforts here. BB7 is still very successful in various markets. We all know this, like the Asia-Pac, EMEA markets, South Africa, LatAm. And thats like we always said, were planning to launch BB7 products to really serve that market segmentation in those countries. So expect something to come from there. Were not just sort of cutting and then were out of it.

And the good news around the BB7 product that were intending to launch is it carries service revenue. So again, thats [half] the gradual decline, and the sound management of our service revenue fees. BB10, I think Im repeating myself, were building a full portfolio. BB10, from a technology performance, is starting in the high end. We bring it into the mid tier by the middle of the fiscal year. And then we are working toward, you know, what can we do in the what we call typically the Blackberry entry level. Stay tuned on that one. Theres work going on there as well.
    03-28-13 01:35 PM
    hes on bloomberg now
    03-28-13 01:36 PM
    lol...
    How many subscribers do apple and samsung have? That woman probably confused subscribers with the phone users.
    zero x 0 x 00000000.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 01:37 PM
    And once the q10 comes out they will all own it
    03-28-13 01:37 PM
    What's more incredible is that they can land people for interviews if that's how they treat them. They are SUPPOSED to be journalists, not tv bloggers.
    No, they are more like the Geraldo and Maury clowns!
    03-28-13 01:39 PM
    No, they are more like the Geraldo and Maury clowns!
    So very true
    03-28-13 01:40 PM
    hes on bloomberg now
    Link?
    03-28-13 01:42 PM
    Link?
    its done now....bloomberg was more professional ..no major news
    03-28-13 01:44 PM
    I hate CNBC
    Why am I watching this
    Oh ya TH
    stopped watching fluff BS CNBC a few years ago. Wanna lose yer hard earned $$$? Just tune in there, and also watch Cramer. Now I am getting concerned cuz he has flip flopped on BBRY which he will talk about on his show later. Mentioning maybe Microsoft or Nokia could buy them? Ya right! No likely. See him shakin n bobbing incoherently on Street? Jeez- he has got to get off the meds or maybe get more? mmm I've never been on meds. Maybe I should get some to tolerate all the BS, and drink more too? TGrrr- these AH's!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 01:45 PM
    Man these guys are worst then CNBC,bloombag before eraning report.
    Just too funny
    Where Will Blackberry Be in a Year?: Video - Bloomberg
    03-28-13 01:48 PM
    Well wasn't as bad as we thought people now I can enjoy the leaf game in peace tonight go leafs go!!!! from one turnaround story to another
    That sounds like a plan. It would be a good day to end my strike. I can only hold a grudge for so long.
    Okay, striks over, who are we playing, how are we doing, are we gonna make the playoffs, do we have any injuries?
    Go Leafs Go

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00001193.jpg

I love going to see the Leafs play in Ottawa. You can't get seats like this in TO. And there is more Leaf fans than Sens fans. It's worth the drive.
    leafs123 and Sqoon like this.
    03-28-13 01:48 PM
    They are discussing BB on BNN in 8 minutes. Channel 1568 on Bell Satellite TV.

Think Thorsten may be on as well.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 03-28-13 at 02:04 PM.
    03-28-13 01:52 PM
    i cant find a live link on their website
    03-28-13 01:54 PM
    Ok, wtf happened, it just dropped.
    Man these guys are worst then CNBC,bloombag before eraning report.
    Just too funny
    Where Will Blackberry Be in a Year?: Video - Bloomberg
    400 - 600 thousand Z10s - a little off.
    And we're red.
    03-28-13 01:55 PM
    Ok, wtf happened, it just dropped.

The begining of a rally? fingers crossed
    03-28-13 01:57 PM
    maybe i shoulda waited a little longer before increasing my holding. gut said it would drop after CNBC put the hack-job on BB. coulda got more bang for my buck.
    oh well.
    03-28-13 01:57 PM
    And we're red.
    wth are we going red for? the quarter report was great, and the change to subscribers was expected and not unreasonable. Feels like the bears are trying to raid this thing a bit.

im insanely pissed by this, because i picked up cheap options for april (that i feel will easily make money) earlier today and this has them down over 20%... Considering it is putting an april 20 strike price that is LESS than where we were at open, im shocked
    03-28-13 02:00 PM
    Low volume combined with high volatility makes the stock very easy to steer. It'll end under 14.5 which is max pain for todays opex I believe.

wth are we going red for? the quarter report was great, and the change to subscribers was expected and not unreasonable. Feels like the bears are trying to raid this thing a bit.

im insanely pissed by this, because i picked up cheap options for april (that i feel will easily make money) earlier today and this has them down over 20%...
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 02:02 PM
    There is too much money at stake on the short side, if we start get get some upgrades maybe they will finally start to cover.
    Kid Vibe, morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 02:02 PM
    BNN has Mark McQueen Wellington Financial? ( a BB shareholder) on now and Andrew MacLeod from BB.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 03-28-13 at 02:30 PM.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-28-13 02:03 PM
    Shorts won't die easily.
    Glad I got pushed out early today!
    BlackistheBerry and q649 like this.
106,775 ... 528529530531532 ...