View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    This is stock of lifetime. I put in all my savings in Jan 2014 calls. If stock crosses $75ish (as I think it'll), I will retire while I am still in my 20s!!!!!!

If it crosses $45 to $50 -- I will not be able to retire but I'll be able to quit my full-time job to pursue PhD!! That takes 5 years and in these 5 years I'd be able to supplement my PhD stipend with stock earnings so I won't have to compromise on my current lifestyle. And the kicker is, even after 5 years, I'd still have enough left over to not worry about finding a job-for-money. I'd be able to pursue jobs that truly interest me (research oriented jobs as opposed to high-paying-industry jobs)!

This stock of lifetime. This ROCKS!!! This is life changing!!!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 03-28-13 at 10:37 AM.
    03-28-13 10:20 AM
    Love how analysts talk about BB10 being too late to gain markershare. WP has had a head start and hasn't made a dent for the #3 spot. Smh.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 10:23 AM
    I have read here for at least 3 months and finally signed in. I also expected strong price movements but at least the volatility will decrease up till now.I think now shareholders won`t have any reason to panic and sell.
    The new products are great, I bought the PB 3 weeks ago and Im satisfied, Z/Q 10 will follow. I could even convince some IOS/Android people to try out BB10 and their judgement was promising.
    English isnt my fist language so I want to execuse possible mistakes
    Welcome aboard.
    03-28-13 10:24 AM
    I am not familiar with their names, but I can probably recognize the face if he's in the interview.
    Joe Kernan is the guys name!
    bungaboy and leafs123 like this.
    03-28-13 10:24 AM
    Well, ZACK's tone was changed from yesterday at least.
    "However, the just concluded fourth-quarter of fiscal 2013 ushered some rays of hope as Research In Motion already launched its BlackBerry 10-based device, which get initial market traction. We believe that the new device coupled with effective cost management strategy may revive the"
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 10:25 AM
    Well, ZACK's tone was changed from yesterday at least.
    "However, the just concluded fourth-quarter of fiscal 2013 ushered some rays of hope as Research In Motion already launched its BlackBerry 10-based device, which get initial market traction. We believe that the new device coupled with effective cost management strategy may revive the"
    This is the number one thing I am seeing, that the sentiment is slowly changing, there is less doubt about the company financially surviving but there is enough to allow the short sellers to not panic.
    03-28-13 10:29 AM
    Is there a transcript available for the entire conference call. My interest is in what TH said about low and mid priced phones.
    03-28-13 10:29 AM
    This is stock of lifetime. I put in all my savings in Jan 2014 calls. If stock crosses $75ish (as I think it'll), I will retire while I am still in my 20s!!!!!!

If it crosses $45 to $50 -- I will not be able to retire but I'll be able to quit my full-time job to pursue PhD!! That takes 5 years and in these 5 years I'd be able to supplement my PhD stipend with stock earnings so I won't have to compromise on my current lifestyle. And the kicker is, even after 5 years, I'd still have enough left over to not worry about finding a job-for-money. I'd be able to pursue jobs that truly interest me (research oriented jobs as opposed to high-paying-industry jobs)!

This stock of lifetime. This ROCKS!!! This is life changing!!!
    I hope for you, that would be an awesome way to start life. This started off as my play money in my SD RRSP account, figured I would take a flyer on it, I have since double my positions. If the numbers go to where you are saying, it will take close to 10 years off of when I can retire.

not bad for play money ! ...LOL
    chrysaurora likes this.
    03-28-13 10:33 AM
    Is there a transcript available for the entire conference call. My interest is in what TH said about low and mid priced phones.
    Should be up later in the day, but he said there are lower priced phones coming this year. As previously stated, they are launching 6 deviced in total this year.
    03-28-13 10:34 AM
    Following is the notes from Peter Misek out this morning, positive but not bullish enough IMO.

Among the responses out immediately this morning, Peter Misek of Jefferies & Co., who has a Buy rating on the stock, writes “Gross margins on the BB10 handsets much much stronger than expected and if they continue through the year imply significant EPS of $1.50 or higher.”

“The fact their operating cash flow was positive and is forecast to be positive means there is NO inventory in the channel. Or simply put they are selling every BB10 handset they make.”
    How are April 5 $16 calls only 27 cents. That's crazy.
    I started up a dot-com company when I was 16. It was mildly successful, I sold it for few hundred thousand dollars. After that, I started up 3 more companies and none of them made any money. I, in fact, lost all that money I made from my original startup PLUS a lot more.

Then I finished my degree and got a full-time job. Now, just when I had resigned to life of full-time job (I thought maybe I got lucky first time, but I no longer have it in me to start-up another 'successful' company), this BlackBerry opportunity comes along and I grab it with all my limbs! So, now it looks like I may not have to resign to a full-time 9 to 5 work life, after all! I am giddy with excitement.

Oh, by the way, my first job out of university was with RIM in Waterloo (R&D) :-)
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 10:37 AM
    didn't feel like it could exceed that? or did you buy the dip?

ps: we're headed back up after the 10:30 dip. $15.50 by noon i think, $16.50 by the end of the day
    Maybe you are right but I will take my $4140 profit for the moment as I can not be near my desktop all day. Trading on the iPhone 5 has much to be desired and I left the iPad at home.

IF and I do say IF it hits $16.50 today , I will kick myself for trying to make a living while I could be making more money in front of my computer!
    03-28-13 10:41 AM
    I started up a dot-com company when I was 16. It was mildly successful, I sold it for few hundred thousand dollars. After that, I started up 3 more companies and none of them made any money. I, in fact, lost all that money I made from my original startup PLUS a lot more.

Then I finished my degree and got a full-time job. Now, just when I had resigned to life of full-time job (I thought maybe I got lucky first time, but I no longer have it in me to start-up another 'successful' company), this BlackBerry opportunity comes along and I grab it with all my limbs! So, now it looks like I may not have to resign to a full-time 9 to 5 work life, after all! I am giddy with excitement.

Oh, by the way, my first job out of university was with RIM in Waterloo (R&D) :-)

Sweet job to land fresh outta Uni, whats your degree in if you dont mind me asking?
    03-28-13 10:42 AM
    This is the number one thing I am seeing, that the sentiment is slowly changing, there is less doubt about the company financially surviving but there is enough to allow the short sellers to not panic.
    Disregard whether the short sellers will be panic or not. As long as the longs feel comfortable and not sell their shares at loss, then sooner or later, the shorts have to buy back the shares with loss.
    As I said, with a company which is profitable now, I have no worry to hold my shares for making money for the next 1, 2, or 3 years. The longs have the advantage of the time which is against the shorts.
    Will the short be panic when the SP at $20, $25, $30, or above $50? I don't know but I do know that the SP will go up much higher than current price.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 03-28-13 at 11:03 AM.
    chrysaurora and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 10:42 AM
    Sweet job to land fresh outta Uni, whats your degree in if you dont mind me asking?
    CS/Software Engineering. I am no longer with RIM though. This was back in 2009. I accepted another job (for more money!)
    erodenero likes this.
    03-28-13 10:43 AM
    buzz kill. volume has died off.....looks like we are staying sideways for the entire day.

back to work.
    03-28-13 10:43 AM
    Following is the notes from Peter Misek out this morning, positive but not bullish enough IMO.

Among the responses out immediately this morning, Peter Misek of Jefferies & Co., who has a Buy rating on the stock, writes “Gross margins on the BB10 handsets much much stronger than expected and if they continue through the year imply significant EPS of $1.50 or higher.”

“The fact their operating cash flow was positive and is forecast to be positive means there is NO inventory in the channel. Or simply put they are selling every BB10 handset they make.”

That's an amazing number, if he truly believes they are going to earn $ 1.50/shr or more, the stock price target for 12-months will go to $ 25.00/shr plus. He can't hold the target back and quote $ 1.50/shr. The software & Enterprise part of the business is growing and that 1/3 deserves a 20 multiple so he has to give the target a 15 P/E at least. When he reports his next target look for it to go up. We still have MS and Bernstein to go and then there is the Q10 launch in a couple of weeks time. We are trading very nicely before a holiday and the day is still young with zero sign the bears have this under control so far.
    03-28-13 10:45 AM
    03-28-13 10:58 AM
    Here is what TD Ameritrade said about BlackBerry 10 app support.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000059.png

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-28-13 11:05 AM
    My recollection was mid-fiscal year for mid-tier phones and end of (fiscal) year for entry level BB10 phones.
    03-28-13 11:12 AM
    lets see how the afternoon shapes up...not to many ppl thought it would be like this so far (major increase or decrease in sp)...but it can hold well for the long run
    03-28-13 11:15 AM
    Some things to look forward to for the stock:

April: q10 release
    May: BlackBerry live 2013
    June/july: ER
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-28-13 11:18 AM
    Here is what TD Ameritrade said about BlackBerry 10 app support.

Posted via CB10
    They did a nice job avoiding directly answering your question.

Update: I asked them this:

@TDAmeritrade @edu3110 I'm confused, your reply did not answer @edu3310 question. Are you working on a #blackberry10 app or not?

This was there response, and I do appreciate their honesty:
    TD Ameritrade ‏@TDAmeritrade 1m
    @q649 We can't provide anything further at this time. While we are looking into it, we cannot guarantee if or when it will release. ^DE
    Last edited by q649; 03-28-13 at 11:34 AM.
    03-28-13 11:21 AM
    Third time we tested $14.80 today and it bounced up. Although the bounces are quite moderate.
    03-28-13 11:24 AM
106,010 ... 523524525526527 ...