View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, I've done this before and learned I never get it perfect but at least I make money. Can't beat myself up when I'm making free money to put down on future gains.
    That is the truth. Heres to money in the fund for future conquests
    lcjr likes this.
    03-27-13 11:47 AM
    U guys and your options trading, seems like this is the way to go, perhaps i need to extend my research a bit
    03-27-13 11:49 AM
    What surprises me the most today is the lack of volume on the eve of ER. I would have think we do 80-90m but I guess everyone has placed their bets already.
    I have a feeling that it will pick up near the end of day. I think a lot are playing possum right now waiting to see when the right time to get in, or short, happens.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 11:50 AM
    Going to be hard to sleep tonight...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 11:52 AM
    I am long the stock and I bought some puts so if the stock craters I will be at least somewhat protected...
    What puts do you go with?
    03-27-13 11:55 AM
    3 hours to closing and we are even at $14.46...
    03-27-13 11:59 AM
    Staying long, my only hedge will be to pickup a forty of crown tonight
    03-27-13 12:02 PM
    I'd love to see a little blurb from someone at BlackBerry near closing saying something like, "Investors will be pleased tomorrow. "
    03-27-13 12:04 PM
    Going to be hard to sleep tonight...lol
    Beer is the answer to almost everything.
    03-27-13 12:06 PM
    And the countdown has begun.
    Only 16 hours before BlackBerry stock will _________

bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 12:06 PM
    I seriously hope the earnings are insane so Heins can strut into CNBC at 2pm throw the hosts double middle fingers and walk off like a boss.
    OMG that would be priceless. He'd be the next Chuck Norris lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 12:08 PM
    Staying long, my only hedge will be to pickup a forty of crown tonight
    My only hedge is that my wife doesnt know how much I invested
    03-27-13 12:09 PM
    Lol!
    03-27-13 12:11 PM
    I can't get away with that. We share accounts (all of them) so Ican't hide, sneek, or otherwise manipulate our accounts without her seeing it. makes buying presents and stuff interesting...
    03-27-13 12:11 PM
    I can't get away with that. We share accounts (all of them) so Ican't hide, sneek, or otherwise manipulate our accounts without her seeing it. makes buying presents and stuff interesting...
    We do too, she just never checks them cause Im better with the finances lol. plus i have some stuffed away for a rainy day out of every paycheck

Also, I tell her im investing... just not how much or in what unless she asks. and as long as we are green she doesnt bother
    Last edited by helopilot06; 03-27-13 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added
    lcjr likes this.
    03-27-13 12:12 PM
    today is looking good. As suggested, it seems like most people have made thier bets, with stupifying numbers of short interest. 32% of BBRY is sold short, which is ridiculous.

look at volkswagon only a few years ago. porsche made surprise announcements that it owned large chunks of VW stock&options, and in a 3-day period the stock roughly doubled in value, followed by a relapse back down to an overall gain of around 60%. This was with a short interest of only 11%. A short squeeze on blackberry might take the long weekend to fully realise (if it happens) but could push us past $20 easily. depending on the ER, its hard to predict if/where a short squeeze would lead us.

That said, Iv'e got a lot of eggs in the BBRY basket (including late-april calls) so i won't invest more (or sell) until the ER gives some solid direction and we see if a squeeze plays out or if bearish news drags us down. However, i suggest making a decision in the first 2-3 hours of the day on your strategy, before the price plummets further or flies upwards. In either case I will either be buying more on a strong ER, or waiting for a suitable value/dip on a bad ER

The Z10 is a strong device. It looks and works great, and apps are filling the BB world quickly now. A lot of people are waiting for the Q10, especially larger corporate orders, and as long as it rolls out smoothly will sell very well if built to the same quality as the Z10. BES alone is almost worth the current share price, as it is one of the cheapest, recognised, historically secure, and multi-platform enterprise offerings available.

I feel like we SHOULD be entering this ER at $16.50, and the current stance at 14.50 only provides all the more undervalued outlook. looking at the $14 april 20 calls, they are valued at $15.65 which is a fairly positive outlook
    03-27-13 12:18 PM
    If she knew I might need a sixty..
    03-27-13 12:18 PM
    I suspect shorts are already prepared for good-news. At this moment, they are probably preparing super negative opinion pieces/analysis articles (to be distributed to various unethical/dishonest journalists for publication tomorrow after the call).

Sales - Z10 would have sold close to 1 million handsets. Maybe more. But they are going to put a negative spin on it -- if after 1.5 years of pent-up demand, they only managed to sell 1 million handsets, what will happen rest of the year? it's only downhill from here.

Subscriber growth - BBRY announced that they'll be changing the way they count subscribers. So, TH is probably not going to have a concrete black & white answer for this question -- shorts are going to put a huge negative spin on it. Despite BBRY's biggest launch ever, subscriber growth remains unremarkable or something along those lines.

So, I don't know if there is going to be a sell off tomorrow or a short squeeze. I think shorts can wait out till June easily (in the hope that they'll be able to drive down price of this stock much further in coming weeks as to reduce their losses or make profit from shorting).

Plus, given TH's speaking history, it's almost guaranteed that TH will say something that can be interpreted negatively (even if it's meant to be positive, frank, and honest)

On the other hand, if BBRY breaks-even or returns to profitability and still maintains over $2B cash-reserve; it will ensue mother of all short squeezes. Will make top VW.
    Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 12:29 PM
    "Subscriber growth - BBRY announced that they'll be changing the way they count subscribers. So, TH is probably not going to have a concrete black & white answer for this question -- shorts are going to put a huge negative spin on it. Despite BBRY's biggest launch ever, subscriber growth remains unremarkable or something along those lines."

This is what concerns me the most, as the shorts will pound the table if the are still losing subscribers and pay to have it as a headline.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 12:34 PM
    "Subscriber growth - BBRY announced that they'll be changing the way they count subscribers. So, TH is probably not going to have a concrete black & white answer for this question -- shorts are going to put a huge negative spin on it. Despite BBRY's biggest launch ever, subscriber growth remains unremarkable or something along those lines."

This is what concerns me the most, as the shorts will pound the table if the are still losing subscribers and pay to have it as a headline.
    its all about expectations, if analyst think they will loose 2 million subs but only lost 1.5 million that would be amazing, as long as they beat the expectations
    03-27-13 12:38 PM
    For all the folks selling when the stock hits $18...

What do you plan to do AFTER 10 am tomorrow when the stock is in the $20s?
    Nobody is getting any of my stock until it spikes to at least $25, and even then they are only getting 10% of my holdings.
    03-27-13 12:40 PM
    Great day for BlackBerry.Today BlackBerry put everyone at ease.Stock is seeing some huge jumps.

Quick review of today's earnings report.
    2.3 Million Z-10 sold in February.
    They will post a profit of 12 million.
    3.1 Billion in cash.
    New playbook and new phones coming soon.Q10 release is 3 weeks away.
    Update playbooks to 10.021.
    New companies adopting BES 10 with huge revenue's from fees from all platforms.

All looks good enough for me.No doom and gloom here.
    03-27-13 12:40 PM
    Did anyone else just notice the sudden SP surge?
    03-27-13 12:41 PM
    its all about expectations, if analyst think they will loose 2 million subs but only lost 1.5 million that would be amazing, as long as they beat the expectations
    Yeah, but there is no central database of expectations. They can make-up their expectations as they go. If they lost even 500k subscribers (let alone, a million or more), shorts are going to say, we were expecting a 'gain' or no 'loss' in subscribers. Despite launching a brand new device, they LOST subscribers!

Basically, shorts can tailor their expectation at last-minute and make it look like BBRY did even worse than they were expecting. That piece of **** Canacord changed expectation to 300,000 sales then to 300,000 to 800,000 sales at drop of a hat. And media didn't call them on that (because media is in bed with these shorts). So, as long as shorts are in bed with media, they can make-up whatever they want and media won't call them out on it.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 12:43 PM
    [QUOTE=helopilot06;8206065]Did anyone else just notice the sudden SP surge?[/QUOTE
    yesirrr and about fricken time, I might add...

---hoping I don't have to eat my words here lol
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-13 12:44 PM
113,256 ... 490491492493494 ...