View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Back to the stocks, well I admit... I am excited and worried. Obviously I am in this b/c I believe there is money to be made, with all the research I've done. I'm not one of those investors who are just gambling on a strong ER. It's a tough thing to play because according to what I've read. The past ER's have caused dips, so what really makes this one any different? I hope it just stabilizes around 15 for now. If the ER is great, then I really hope there is a jump, but this stock is so unpredictable at times.
    If you remember the last ER caused the stock to jump a lot. It was the call afterwards that caused the stocks to tank when they couldn't answer the forward looking service revenue question with any confidence.
    I think what is different this time is the ER is going to be even better. I would hope that they are very well prepared for the conference call this time around. They should have a very positive forward looking oral statement. They should be expecting the service revenue question again and been rehearsing their response for the past month.
    Do I expect them to do everything right? Of coarse I do or I would not be giving them my hard earned money.
    Do I guarantee they do everything right? Of coarse not. The only thing I will guarantee is that I will be doing some heavy drinking on Thursday.
    03-26-13 10:02 PM
    If you remember the last ER caused the stock did jump a lot. It was the call afterwards that caused the stocks to tank when they couldn't answer the forward looking service revenue question with any confidence.
    I think what is different this time is the ER is going to be even better. I would hope that they are very well prepared for the conference call this time around. They should have a very positive forward looking oral statement. They should be expecting the the service revenue question again and been rehearsing their response for the past month.
    Do I expect them to do everything right? Of coarse I do or I would not be giving them my hard earned money.
    Do I guarantee they do everything right? Of coarse not. The only thing I will guarantee is that I will be doing some heavy drinking on Thursday.
    Yup, I think we should all have a couple thursday.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-26-13 10:06 PM
    If you remember the last ER caused the stock to jump a lot. It was the call afterwards that caused the stocks to tank when they couldn't answer the forward looking service revenue question with any confidence.
    I think what is different this time is the ER is going to be even better. I would hope that they are very well prepared for the conference call this time around. They should have a very positive forward looking oral statement. They should be expecting the the service revenue question again and been rehearsing their response for the past month.
    This is some serious **** man, a LOT of money in this (for me at least), I pray for a good ER. I PRAY!
    03-26-13 10:06 PM
    Like I said, I have never seen that from T-Mo specifically, because believe me at the time I was on their site for the SIII release the Note II also on their release dates seeing if I could upgrade and never saw that . To me that means something. It doesnt say its site work, it says "High Demand" anything else release for T-Mo today... nope... so where is the demand? Maybe not all of it for BB but I would suggest alot of it is.

Edit: Also I forgot to include this in the original post but I called T-Mo customer service too when I couldnt get it done earlier online and they told me in no mixed language that they had an "Unusually high call volume asking about the Z10..." Again thats one rep but they arent normally the ones to sugar coat something like that.
    Interesting. I too called a couple T-Mo stores and most had like 2 left. Is that a reflection of great sales? I don't know. Depends on how much they had to begin with.
    03-26-13 10:08 PM
    I'm not in that big, but I can use it as a nest egg to fund a few business ideas I've been working on.

I'm quite happy with BBRY's performance. They're a solid company that understands their business model and will be one of the few that makes a successful turnaround.
    03-26-13 10:09 PM
    Interesting. I too called a couple T-Mo stores and most had like 2 left. Is that a reflection of great sales? I don't know. Depends on how much they had to begin with.
    True. The store near me started with 10 and at the end of the day they only had 1 left in store.
    03-26-13 10:16 PM
    How lame is this?
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/26/t...ature-enabled/

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-13 10:24 PM
    Little tidbit I found about sales in UAE

�In our store the Z10 is selling at almost the same level as the Galaxy S3,� said another staff from the mobile phone division at eMax.

The only factor that is preventing many other prospective customers from choosing the Z1O is the lack of applications,� he said.
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-13 10:26 PM
    Don't want to be a downer, but that's specious reasoning. Especially when the iPhone 5 was announced for T-Mo. Literally every time I check out the T-Mo FB there is someone asking when they will get the iPhone every 15 minutes. Not saying it's not because of BlackBerry, or the iPhone, or renovations to the site, but take it with a grain of salt.
    and a shot of tequila
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-26-13 10:30 PM
    and a shot of tequila
    Dont forget the lime
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-26-13 10:30 PM
    Do I expect them to do everything right? Of coarse I do or I would not be giving them my hard earned money
    Assuming you're talking about your phone purchase?

'cause our ownership of stock doesn't actually support them unless we buy in at IPO...

Worse, stock is a liability after the IPO. It goes on forever, in exchange for some money up front.
    03-26-13 10:32 PM
    Assuming you're talking about your phone purchase?

'cause our ownership of stock doesn't actually support them unless we buy in at IPO...

Worse, stock is a liability after the IPO. It goes on forever, in exchange for some money up front.
    Actually, even at IPO, our purchase makes little difference. Company gets paid by the underwriting company. Proceeds from IPO are taken by underwriters.
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-13 10:39 PM
    Actually, even at IPO, our purchase makes little difference. Company gets paid by the underwriting company. Proceeds from IPO are taken by underwriters.
    True - but if nobody was willing to buy the underwriters wouldn't underwrite. So the IPO support is indirect but crucial.
    03-26-13 10:46 PM
    I would expect so I imagine most sores would receive a minimum of 5 units for a tiny outlet shop, 10 units for a retail location, and up to 20 for high-traffic stores or select demographics. The idea is that they have enough to sell for a few days to a week, long enough that they can judge demand and restock in time

side-note: the other night i visited a few bars in toronto, and TWO (2) of them had LARGE rogers Z10 adverts inside. (probably 4ftx4ft in size!). Both in the College&Bathurst area of toronto. I think it takes carriers some time to evaluate the device before they throw thier own marketing funds at it, and the US has not been exposed to this interest yet. (but will soon)

PS: 1 day of trading till the ER on the 28th. any guesses? I see 1-3% gains like today or even better. BBRY has gotten some negative news the past few sessions, and its about time to see some optimism show up and drive the prices through the afternoon. $15 seems like a good target to end the day on as long as the press is quiet,
    Last edited by Luke Barrie; 03-27-13 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added more
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-13 12:05 AM
    Appreciate the analysis Morgan!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-27-13 01:03 AM
    I know this is repeat of my previous thread but it applies more than ever with short interest over 160 mil including TSX.

Read below and do not fall for the fake raid. Be strong like BB, do not break in the midst of ER headlines, positive news will turn into negative headlines. Hold on tight, just like CNBC guy said yesterday his BB still works after 6 years.

Just wanted to share some info on this. If you are holding any RIM shares do not sell in panic, Shorts will be desparate and will try anything to cover. They do this all the time wiht Natural gas, just google it. It was reported few weeks ago by the trader on the floor. They put fake sale orders using high frequency trading systems and that will panic people like us and we will be left with no share, they will cover and make even more..

Just asking to be careful and not be fooled by these manipulators..depending on your portfolio, position and strategy sell some but just give it some thoughts insteading of panicing..
    A fine panic manipulation example was on Dec 20, 2012 after hour. Big shorts sold 20M+ shares in 20 minutes. Then their media arms spread the fear that evening and next morning to cause a big drop in share price.

Do not fall for the big short manipulation.

They had tried in on the FB event. Big shorts tried to Pin-the-Donkey on the FB/RIMM for the share rise. They had hold when there was no announcement, they do a manipulation. I tried desperately to tell everyone, there is no FB/RIMM announcement on the message board.

Now, they tried to mis-inform calling Lenovo a buyout instead of what it is - a potential Strategic Partnership.

with your RIMM stock. There will a bear raid for sure, with this many shares shorted. They can wipe all your shares off the board in 60 seconds.
    For those of you unfamiliar with a bear raid, the hedge funds that decide they want to cover their short positions, instigate a quick large SELL "at Market" move. They make it big enough to catch the first batch of Stop Losses set, and that triggers a domino effect of automatic Sells that plummet the pps.
    A moment later, they do a massive BUY "at Market" move and buy up all your shares.
    You will be left with no shares, and they will have a huge purchase as a cheap price.
    Within 5 minutes, the price will be back to what it was, and you will be scratching your head.
    Just a heads up.
    This is today's market... some of these shorts have gone as far as making fake websites and mis quoting press releases.