View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I thought you cashed out in the green?
    I did but I am always looking at the possibility of make money. I think BBRY has over reacted to all the negative news and there is opportunity here.
    03-25-13 10:43 AM
    I'm new to this forum. I became an investor in BBRY a few weeks ago. I'm in Waterloo and we're still quite proud of our homegrown company. I'm in it for the long haul, but I have to say I'm quite devastated by what has happened to the stock price. I've bought more shares than I should've (at $16), and now I'm sitting at a huge (paper) loss. Can one of you experienced investors give me advice on how to not panick in this situation?... Sorry for venting
    03-25-13 10:43 AM
    Venting on here seems to help some.

I'm new to this forum. I became an investor in BBRY a few weeks ago. I'm in Waterloo and we're still quite proud of our homegrown company. I'm in it for the long haul, but I have to say I'm quite devastated by what has happened to the stock price. I've bought more shares than I should've (at $16), and now I'm sitting at a huge (paper) loss. Can one of you experienced investors give me advice on how to not panick in this situation?... Sorry for venting
    LuckyJP likes this.
    03-25-13 10:48 AM
    I'm long on the stock and got in a little early in the last Q of 2012, so can take a hit like this. I don't do day trading.
    I will definitely check in some AT&T stores this coming weekend as my schedule will finally allow me.

Anyway, it was a downgrade to neutral so not catastrophic with a target of $17. Lets see what the ER brings.

The problem is I haven't seen much to dispute the reports of lacklusters sales. (sure hope you aren't investing money based on what someone in a fourm "reports" - I suggest you go visit a few ATT locations yourself)
    03-25-13 10:49 AM
    Yes, but if the SP doesn't go back up those shares you buy cheap are worthless. I'd prefer to see it at least above $16 again before ER, then let it loose to go up. Can't keep it down forever or this serves no purpose.
    I am in way below those numbers so I am not worried at all. I am confident the share price will be in the mid 20's within 3-6 months, maybe 30's. The share price will be all over the place during that time so I am looking at this long term and waiting for the real dip to occur. I am 100% sure this will happen. BB has a solid plan that will take years to implement, the market will not respond well to the ER, why folks expect a TH magic trick is beyond me. It will never ever happen. Slow and steady for this boy!
    03-25-13 10:49 AM
    You will get plenty of advice here, the problem is the choice is yours. You can bail and lick your wounds or hang in there and wait for it to rebound. No one know which way is best Do not panic as that never helps.

Welcome to the forum!
    Superfly_FR, q649 and LuckyJP like this.
    03-25-13 10:51 AM

Crown Royal.

Stock drops by a buck = 3 shots (no mix, no ice)

Buy more.
    03-25-13 10:55 AM
    As Buffet has said, and more importantly, as Perm Watsa has said... in more eloquent words:

People en mass are wrong. When people & media scream in fear, saying stuff has hit the fan - that is when you buy. Then you have to wait. When the same media outlets go nuts and say BlackBerry is going to the moon, Buy Buy Buy, that's when you sell and feel smug.

(This, or if you want to trade in quicker timeframes, just do the opposite of what Jim Cramer says)
    03-25-13 10:56 AM
    don't buy too much, if you panic you probably own too much, BB is a very volatile stock and if you can't handle the swings you own too much, so either you solve your panic or you reduce the number of shares to the extent the swings are irrelevant to you. of course you wanted to make a killing in BB but that is easier said than done as you found out.
    perhaps get into some other promising stocks as well to diversify your risk and the swings in your account a bit
    LuckyJP likes this.
    03-25-13 10:58 AM
    If you're an investor, stop looking at the daily stock price. That's for traders. Your sights should be set on where you expect the stock price to be at least a year in the future after the naysayers have run out of bull feces to sling.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and LuckyJP like this.
    03-25-13 10:58 AM
    Not to panic ? Well, just stay calm. Assuming you're on the long haul, you shouldn't be in big troubles.
    Now, about your "more than should've" pieces, consider placing an order with a trigger at - say - $16.10 (to cover some fees) and wait for the execution ?
    I'm almost unexperienced myself, but that's what I'll do in the current situation.
    LuckyJP likes this.
    03-25-13 10:59 AM
    You're in Waterloo? Go check out BlackBerrys parking lots. If they are empty that means they have all been sent to the U.S. for some huge marketing campaign.
    My average share price is a lot higher than $16 and I'm not panicing, just not in a very good mood at the moment. I have a long position on this stock and I 100% believe the company will return to profit.
    I am heading out to the beer store and loading up for Thursday. I will be drinking in celebration or drinking to forget about the stock market for the long weekend.
    03-25-13 11:03 AM
    Just a thought... the short interest should be published on Wednesday, right? And then the ER and EC are on Thursday before the market opens.

Sounds like the makings of a perfect storm.
    03-25-13 11:09 AM
    I BB10ieve, I'm not to worried about the final outcome of my position in this stock. I just get anxious and buy on the dips alot. I've increased my position to 4500 shares the since early January; and it's money I will be using as down payment on my 1st house.
    03-25-13 11:15 AM
    I think it is easy to underestimate the pre-order volume and how people buy a blackberry.

I think in-store sales vs apple in-store sales will look weak, but if you look at the AT&T business orders a different story will be obvious. I ordered mine through the rogers call-center in order to get free activation and shipping (this would not happen in a store), and I feel like blackberry users are likely to act more like this then apple or android users might.
    03-25-13 11:17 AM
    The volume sure has slowed down
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-25-13 11:18 AM
    What are the odds that sanity will prevail and this thing is back up to reasonable levels by the end of today?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-25-13 11:31 AM
    What are the odds that sanity will prevail and this thing is back up to reasonable levels by the end of today?
    I have a feeling it can end up in the green by the end of the day....
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-25-13 11:32 AM
    Vent away, we all do from time to time. As far as the SP goes, this is exactly what we've been raving about. Where else can you get this excitement?? This is the most volatile stock out there right now so there's many options for many people. Some like the dips and peaks so they can play around a little while some are long term investors and mearly enjoy the show as they wait for their time. Any way you want to play it, you're in the right place as there are some really smart people here so ask away if you need some help.
    03-25-13 11:33 AM
    I think it is easy to underestimate the pre-order volume and how people buy a blackberry.

I think in-store sales vs apple in-store sales will look weak, but if you look at the AT&T business orders a different story will be obvious. I ordered mine through the rogers call-center in order to get free activation and shipping (this would not happen in a store), and I feel like blackberry users are likely to act more like this then apple or android users might.
    Did you here about the rumour I just started?

AT&T only had 150,000 Z10 in-store sales on opening weekend, but the online sales were more than double at 320,000!

That came straight from my dogs mouth.
    03-25-13 11:33 AM
    By the end of the week? Possible.

By the end of the day? If it happens, keep an eye open for flying pork or weather reports about surprise blizzards in heII.
    bungaboy, MoolahMitch and LuckyJP like this.
    03-25-13 11:35 AM

AT&T only had 150,000 Z10 in-store sales on opening weekend, but the online sales were more than double at 320,000!

My checks at the 18.25 AT&T locations that I surveyed in Manhattan and Dallas also confirm these numbers......
    03-25-13 11:36 AM
    What we've been saying about AT&T's "launch"... almost expected.

Cramer Quick Take: Time To Trade Into BlackBerry
    03-25-13 11:37 AM

the rumor I heard was 300,000 in store sales with online sales at 640,000...

I heard that from this dude named Sparky...
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-13 11:40 AM
    By the end of the week? Possible.

By the end of the day? If it happens, keep an eye open for flying pork or weather reports about surprise blizzards in heII.
    Hahaha, flying pork sounds delicious! It would make me happy to see that (and BBRY going back up to $15+).
    03-25-13 11:40 AM
113,256 ... 466467468469470 ...