View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, I'm hoping they nibble away at it a little more yet and I'll scoop a bunch more. Gotta love these dips, in a way, because it's almost like free money. Actually, in my TFSA it is free money...LOL
    03-23-13 12:30 PM
    At Cincinnati kenwood AT&T . 5 people in the store all checking out the z10. Amazing phone. One of the associates owns one and he was literally in love with the phone. Was showing off time shift and keyboard. Multiple apps . The giy had a smile from ear to ear. Bad *** stuff . Phone selling well. Thanks for the dip manipulator haha
    03-23-13 12:40 PM
    The reviews are starting to come in , pretty much the same as everywhere else in the world .

BlackBerry - Z10 4G LTE Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - STL100-3
    03-23-13 12:40 PM
    [purely anecdotal]

I am sitting at coffeehouse in Vancouver. An older gent just spoke to me about the new blackberry and I had a chance to demo mine. He said he can upgrade in a few months and will be getting blackberry.

Then an iphone using friend of mine just announced that he is getting a new Z10 this morning.

Finally a gent just sat at the table beside me playing with his new Z10.

Not reflective of the overall, but nice nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:48 PM
    They also have universal health insurance and don't revolt against it... Damn you Canada, so close--yet so far.

[purely anecdotal]

I am sitting at coffeehouse in Vancouver. An older gent just spoke to me about the new blackberry and I had a chance to demo mine. He said he can upgrade in a few months and will be getting blackberry.

Then an iphone using friend of mine just announced that he is getting a new Z10 this morning.

Finally a gent just sat at the table beside me playing with his new Z10.

Not reflective of the overall, but nice nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:52 PM
    Entire experience makes my icrap feel like an ancient device
    03-23-13 12:53 PM
    Really surprised by the buzz in the store. Literally everyone huddled around z10. Makes me feel great with my 60 k shares although painful yesterday ... Ouch
    03-23-13 12:55 PM
    No matter what day it's been in the market, all I have to do is open up the good 'ol Volkswagen chart: Volkswagen AG St | Equity | 766400 | DE0007664005 | B�rse Frankfurt (Frankfurt Stock Exchange)
    And smile as we prepare for the day of reckoning . That and reading user product reviews BlackBerry - Z10 4G LTE Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - STL100-3
    03-23-13 01:00 PM
    The reviews are starting to come in , pretty much the same as everywhere else in the world .

BlackBerry - Z10 4G LTE Mobile Phone - Black (AT&T) - STL100-3
    Unactivated Price:$699.99 a premium phone price.
    03-23-13 01:04 PM
    Really surprised by the buzz in the store. Literally everyone huddled around z10. Makes me feel great with my 60 k shares although painful yesterday ... Ouch
    It only OUCHES on paper until you sell the shares.
    03-23-13 01:06 PM
    With everything that's been going on today..... the media bashing the launch, the spins on the launch and the marketing, there certainly seem to be some forces affecting, or at least trying to manipulate things.
    There has been quite a bit of speculation as to why the company is not doing anything about it.

BB is certainly aware of what's going on, and the lack of response to it all, in my opinion, points to the overwhelming confidence that the company has in the product, the products that are to follow, and the numbers that will follow (in the long run).
    Of course, it certainly seems to be affecting the launch in the US, and the short term sales (anecdotal evidence from CB)
    But contrary to what most believe, BB probably doesn't see the Z10 as the make or break product. For them, this is just a beginning. There are much better, and bigger things to follow. They probably have set some budgets for the branding and the marketing in the long run (over the course of the next couple of quarters), and they don't want to blow it all in one go, making it seem like this is all they've got.
    The strategy here certainly seems to be planned for ALL the future products to follow, and not just the Z10.
    As far as the SP is concerned, I've said it before, and I will say it again.... they are least bothered. They know that the numbers will speak for themselves (maybe not in this ER, but in the ones to follow)
    What DOES affect their 'plans', is the kind of negativity that the DoD story generated. That's why, it forced them to come out right away, and set it straight.

Just my thoughts...
    Thank u for your insightful thoughts about BBRY's strategy as this makes more sense than anything else. They have a great team and from what I have read and seen so far - the launches and marketing machine , ie;social media, cool commercials, (with the music/images), etc.. and other events, has been pretty darn good in most countries so far, but they can not control the various outlets, training, awareness, and attitude in every store and market otherwise they would blow their balance sheet so fast and what next for near future launches for Q10, Aristo, and 3 other devices later this year.

Living out west here in Vancouver, Canada, on launch day Feb 5, and a quiet Tuesday am too. I ventured in a nearby Future Shop, and saw no additional launch marketing, posters, etc.. as the Z10 demo device, and POS stuff was still in the same spot around the corner While I was browsing around looking lost on purpose to see if any sales person would ask me if I needed assistance I was approached by a big guy wearing of all things- an Apple t-shirt. He told me where the Z10 demo was, and I asked him "what's with the APPLE shirt? He told me he works for Apple and is in the store to assist customers on their products. I commented, strange, I have been here a few times before and never saw an Apple rep working here, and funny that the first time I see u is the exact day the Z10 launches in Canada. He said he started a few days ago. MMMM? I then strolled thru the mall and saw a lot more POS for the other carriers and chatted to the sales guys at T-Booth. Now these guys were helpful, were positive on the Z10, stirred me away from Sony, etc.. So u see my point- if the USA media experienced this they would also say the 'launch is a dud"! Of course to hear the bashing for USA launch after only 5 hours old is a joke. Do they really think BB folks r going to line up like teenagers? No gonna happen- give it time and they will come!

Maybe I should stop reading "Yahoo finance news on BBRY , which then leads me to watch the trashing on vid- CNBC, @ one hour into launch, with the likes of Joe Kernen- OMG I thought he was a smart guy but changed my mind after listening to his pathetic rant. CNN, and various other neg. new stories like the Motley shorting apple fools. It was unbelievable! Why can't I just stop reading this crap? Cuz every so often there is a really good article regarding BBRY. It doesn't have to be all positive and fuzzy either. I am concerned that Cramer- who I stopped watching a few years back- jumped on BBRY bandwagon after Morgan Stanley upgrade. He flip-flops more than a beluga whale, and now sees it a good buy pre ER which scares me. He did say it was crazy for all the negative stuff after 5 minutes! I am long BBRY and one more point- walked into large Apple store nearby a couple weeks back- on a Wednesday 3;30 pm and for fun decided to count people. 25 Apple employees wearing their gaudy t's and only 17 customers. Just so u know- MMMM
    03-23-13 01:27 PM
    I think the numbers after the weekend will be somewhat different from all the stories that we have been hearing about on Friday.
    I am pretty sure, soon we will start hearing a lot of stories about stores being sold out (although they will mention the low initial stocks)
    As has been mentioned before, this is not a product that is expected to generate lineups from starry-eyed consumers. And we should not be expecting huge turnouts on a Friday morning.

I am also not too sure about the predictions of the SP falling on Monday and Tuesday. We may see the start of a U turn on Monday, although it may drop a bit. But I don't think the 10-13 that has been mentioned by some, is anywhere in sight.

This is not about a comeback with a meteoric rise, knocking all the competition to the ground. It's about an underdog who will fight its way up! And I like that....
    03-23-13 01:51 PM
    Im trying to convince my wife to let go of her shoe money so I can buy more stocks Monday morning lol. I love the grabbing shares on dips. But I would love even more to see the shares hit the 100 range again.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-23-13 02:25 PM
    Moolahpaste. Yet another stock to invest in. We must get this Moolah person to share his secrets.....
    I just caught up with this...maybe we should setup a company!

In regards to the PR stuff also, I started wondering if they are allowing some of this misinformation setting some of these journalists, bloggers, analysts for a hiding when earnings come out and completely debunk what they have been. Just blowing up the credentials of these folks.

The reason is because of what Thorsten said about being Mohammed Ali, the good old rope-a-dope. They have been very selective in what they respond to so its very curious to me.
    03-23-13 02:26 PM
    I invested in BB because of TH’s vision. Knowing his background with Siemens before coming to BB, he knows what industrial computing is all about, which often are “mission critical” systems. That is probably why the two former CEO’s along with TH, bought QNX in 2010 on the first place.

I understand why it took so long for them to develop QNX to run on their phone. Because it’s very difficult and as such may actually be considered an engineering marvel (I apologize if I have over glorified this but please bear with me…). The revolution in what BB did, is being able to run the OS in smaller devices like tablets, smartphone, etc. with all the security and reliability intact, without compensating functionality using a tiny rechargeable battery. Although the QNX is notoriously efficient, the devices they run on were often on industrial scale, (meaning power is abundant) until they experimented with Playbook and BB10 mobile devices.

So when BB10 smartphone devices were finally announced for release, everyone was listening with eagerness. It means BB was able to put together, the processor, chips sets and radio subsystems design that would work with QNX in a small form factor. There has not not been any report of major issues or glitches with the device ( like battery explosions or leaks, etc.. ) except for a few things software updates can’t handle.
    The OS that was designed to run massive size systems millions of $ worth(NASA stuff, nuclear plants, locomotives, etc . ) is now running on a $600 or so device. That alone is a phenomenal achievement I believe. Look at it the other way, for $600 I can run my own nuclear plant. What a great bargain.That’s is if I can build my own plant…LoL..just being ridiculous.. or you can use Android or IOS.

Now I’m not sure if people are aware of QNX’s evil twin which is also very well known in the embedded systems world. Like QNX, it also runs in some of the extreme mission critical systems in the world. 4 of them are actually playing and roving with rocks and pebbles in Mars as I type. Now why did I mention this. It’s because VxWorks (by Wind River ) as it is known, is owned by one of the biggest chip manufacturer in the world. And that company is no other than Intel.

It is no surprise that Intel’s market share on the desktop has been eroding for years because of the current technology shift (virtualization, cloud, etc.. ) and for years they’ve been trying to diversify into the high speed wireless device ecosystem. Betting on the wrong 4G platform did not help Intel either and actually cost them a lot of money. Remember Wimax, which was a fierce competitor to LTE.

So you are probably wondering now why Intel with their vast resources and amount of R&D poured in chip architecture did not develop their own smartphone based on their Wind River systems OS. Well, like I said earlier it is very difficult. And for BB to be able to do it is taking the OS to a new level. I believe Intel experimented and started with the Atom processors with the ultrabooks at the time, but fell flat. (This is almost synonymous to what happened to the first device iteration of QNX on a small device, the Playbook ) . Intel banked on Windows OS instead of Wind River for obvious reasons (they run on laptops already). According to a colleague of mine, Intel run into some power consumption issue with their processors which is the main obstacle with their chips. Hence it never took off. So if they plan on developing Wind River for smartphones using their own chips, they would have to address the power consumption issue.

Also knowing Intel don’t like to play in the same room with Qualcomm, it is unlikely you’ll see an Intel/Wind River device running on a Snapdragon LTE chipset. If they do, it would be kinda embarrassing for them not to use their own.

So back to BB, now it has shown the world that QNX can run on a smartphone hardware, I believe Intel won’t be too far behind in following their footsteps. It’s David showing Goliath it’s doable. TI is always an alternative for Intel so we’ll see what direction they take.

And here is why I believe all these bashing are going on in full force. Because all the other smartphone companies know what they are facing against. They want to nip BB in the bud hoping that the market will deprive them of oxygen ( go bankrupt ) before it becomes a monster again. Unfortunately for them the Z10 device is a solid, better or at least par with the best smartphones there. And we’re talking about first iteration which would just get better.

They will be more devices slated in the future of BB, so the Z10 and Q10 are just the initial pieces of the Internet of Things. M2m, smartphones, smartcars, smarthomes, healthsmart…etc. You name it. All these verticals are possible.

TH is building a puzzle. Give him time. Ignore the noise.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-24-13 at 12:49 PM.
    03-23-13 02:26 PM
    I honestly believe the market does not have confidence that BBRY will return to profit to exploit the verticals of the QNX system hence most do not comment on it. They do not have any tangilbe proof QNX will add any further value than its current low revenue stream.
    03-23-13 02:52 PM
    I honestly believe the market does not have confidence that BBRY will return to profit to exploit the verticals of the QNX system hence most do not comment on it. They do not have any tangilbe proof QNX will add any further value than its current low revenue stream.
    Maybe but don't forget all the talking heads on CNBC, Bloomberg etc (like Cramer) came from the market...they really don't have a clue. I think Cramer will be hitting the "halleluiah" button for a full 5 minutes once BB releases something no one else can do via their OS....I can hear it now..."RUN to this stock folks RUN" he’ll be pushing cow horns, bells will be ringing…
    03-23-13 04:09 PM
    I have been using the Z10 since Friday night. This thing is awesome. Gave my iPhone 4s to my 5 year-old daughter.
    03-23-13 04:20 PM
    Maybe but don't forget all the talking heads on CNBC, Bloomberg etc (like Cramer) came from the market...they really don't have a clue. I think Cramer will be hitting the "halleluiah" button for a full 5 minutes once BB releases something no one else can do via their OS....I can hear it now..."RUN to this stock folks RUN" he’ll be pushing cow horns, bells will be ringing
    Cowbells . . . . . right?
    03-23-13 04:31 PM
    Cowbells . . . . . right?
    Are there any other kinds?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 04:36 PM
    Hey Gang,
    I was on a plane Friday, things looked good to start the day, I was pretty surprised to see the closing SP. I just finished catching up on the thread (thanks for the positive links and analysis everybody).
    Now here are my two cents.
    BBRY is in a marathon of continuous innovation. Anybody who has ever run a marathon(or watched a 500 lap indy race), knows that sooner or later you have to make a pit stop. You don't sprint out of the port-O-potty or burn excessive rubber coming out of the pits trying to get back to your former position. You get back up to speed and wait for your competition to take their pit stop.
    We know that bbry has more models coming out and we need to show sustainable sales over time. We know that bb10 is an experience that is its own very effective and efficient marketing (as posted in dozens of anecdotal examples in this thread).

I want the stock to rocket up like VW (which was a very different situation, btw) and hit triple digit share prices but we need to be realistic. No amount of marketing will kill the negative sentiment in the market. Too many people have had bad experiences with rim and aren't going to forgive and forget because of a flashy advert. No, it's the long road back to mindshare and faith in the product that must be traveled and we have only just begun. The mindshare will only benefit from a slow burn campaign, aligned with a steady succession of new models rolling out to market in a staggered fashion ( since launch there has been almost weekly releases somewhere in the world). Now, with the US release behind us and Mexico and South America ahead of us we are starting to hear dates for the Q10 release in April. This is the pattern that bbry will follow for the rest of the year, and the stock will slowly rise with each successful market entry. Note the word, entry, we don't need blockbuster numbers out of the gate, we need sustained sales, coming from people who take the time to experience the UX and "get" how it will benefit them.

Sammy just blew a wad on a song and dance show for the new GS4, and the response was "where is the wow factor, what's with all the bling?"
    BB10 doesn't have the WOW factor. BB10 has something more like "why the heck didn't someone do this before" factor.

In closing all I can say is, stay calm, and go long!
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 03-23-13 at 05:59 PM.
    03-23-13 05:09 PM
    Please don't kill me:

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:15 PM
    NY area stores are showing this ( I didn't check them all)
    BlackBerry - Z10 Mobile Phone (Unlocked) - Black - Z10
    03-23-13 05:38 PM
    Also, I tried searching for in store availability using New York, NY.

It came up with 10 locations and all showed as not available.

Suppose this means no stock yet? Or sold out?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:57 PM
    NY area stores are showing this ( I didn't check them all)
    BlackBerry - Z10 Mobile Phone (Unlocked) - Black - Z10
    $799.99 USD for an unlocked Z10 is insanely expensive! I know it just launched, supply/demand, but still...
    03-23-13 06:01 PM
113,256 ... 457458459460461 ...